- Pitch Movement Benchmarks
- Important Life Questions And Brad Miller
. I've been dealing with a lot of this philosophical life stuff recently, and it's been difficult.
I'm talking, of course, about Brad Miller, and it seems I'm not alone, as the baseball community
- NERD Game Scores: Eddie Butler Debut Event
Highly Rated Game
Los Angeles NL at Colorado | 20:40 ET
Hyun-Jin Ryu (58.1 IP, 86 xFIP-, 1.5 WAR) faces Eddie Butler (68.2 IP, 14.1% K, 6.7% BB at Double-A). The latter was ranked first among Rockies
- Mixed League Waiver Wire: B.J. Upton, Brad Miller
to an inquiry about him indirectly, too see if they can still acquire him at a discount.
SS Brad Miller, Seattle Mariners
Ownership: CBS 32% | Yahoo! 29% | ESPN 3.8%
Eno and I talked about him on Tuesday
- Can You Trust Shelby Miller?
Shelby Miller looked broken after his first two starts of the year. Though it's tough to overreact to just two starts, Miller did come with some concerns entering the season. After struggling down
- Tightening Brad Miller's Leash
Brad Miller is no longer taking walks or getting hits. That’s obviously a problem, because it means he’s killing your team in average, failing to drive in runs and not getting on base to score runs
- Shelby Miller Looks Broken
Last October, Shelby Miller became something of a mystery. After spending the year in the Cardinals rotation and developing into one of the league's best young hurlers, Miller became nothing more
- Eddie Butler And Colorado's Volatile Rotation
another top pitching prospect who is likely a bit closer to major-league ready, and that's Eddie Butler. After tearing through the Single-A South Atlantic League (1.66 ERA, 0.92 WHIP) and High
- Shelby Miller And Getting It Together
It’s almost as if at some point in 2012, someone attended one of Shelby Miller’s Triple-A outings and yelled, “Hey Shelby, get it together!”
Well, Miller has gotten it together, following up
- Today's Glimpse into the Horrible: Eddie Gaedel's Death
by the author -- which surfing led both to Eddie Gaedel's Wikipedia page and also obituary. Capital-T Truth has revealed that, while generally remembered as a willing participant in one of Bill Veeck's many
- Shelby Miller Gets Married, Pedicures
Sharing space with the lawyers, doctors, and management consultants with quirky artisanal side businesses in this weekend's New York Times weddings section was Shelby Miller, who married his
- Head of Cistulli with Rob-Ford’s-Head-Topped Pizza-Eyes Lazily Placed on Body of Eddie Gaedel as Tampa Burns
- Head of Rob Ford Lazily Placed on Body of Eddie Gaedel
I recently Photoshopped the head of Toronto mayor Rob Ford -- who's better known in proper circles as "Melvin Nosotros Good Times" -- onto the body of famed baseball halfling Eddie Gaedel. I surveyed
- Breaking down Brad Miller for 2014
Believe it or not, when I solicited future shortstop topics last week, the name that came up the most was Brad Miller of the Seattle Mariners.
Don’t get me wrong, I like Miller just fine, and I
- Eddie Butler: A Pitching Gem in Colorado?
Most prospect hounds are beginning to take notice of Rockies pitching prospect Eddie Butler. He entered the 2013 season with significant pedigree--he was selected 46th overall in last year's draft
- Brad Miller and Chris Getz: MI Waiver Wire Help
that perfect guy you're looking for, but you might find someone who will stick for the duration of the season such as...
Brad Miller, SEA |SS| Ownership: ESPN - 20.9% Yahoo - 13.0% CBS - 40.0
- Does Eddie Butler's Changeup Provoke Mystical Experience?
Embedded here is footage of right-handed Colorado prospect Eddie Butler striking out Boston shortstop prospect Xander Bogaerts prospect by means of an excellent 90-mph changeup during Sunday
- Brad Miller Is Worth Claiming
Unable to stomach Brendan Ryan and his .230 wOBA as the team's primary shortstop any longer, the Seattle Mariners have reportedly called up 23-year-old Brad Miller in an attempt to breathe some life
- How Shelby Miller Resembles the Model Starting Pitcher
. Certainly, you wouldn't expect to see his name linked to that of a right-handed young starter with basically two pitches. In terms of scouting reports, Cliff Lee and Shelby Miller don't have a whole lot
- Daily Notes: Feat. No Fewer Than Two Graphs in re Shelby Miller
and prized right-hander Shelby Miller.
Regarding Shelby Miller, His Performance to Date
Regarding Shelby Miller's performance to date, it wouldn't be inaccurate at all to characterize it as excellent
- Tony Cingrani, Shelby Miller and the Two-Pitch Approach
The rookies are taking over. After a handful of major-league starts, Tony Cingrani and Shelby Miller have exceeded early expectations. While they were never compared to each other in the minors, both
- Duane Kuiper Enjoys Jon Miller... and a Bottle of Pinot
Strange thing. There's something in here about Duane Kuiper typing in 'FanGraphs' on a computer and a revealing Jon Miller popping up with a bottle of Pinot Noir. I can't make heads or tails
- Q&A: Jon Miller, Hall of Fame Broadcaster
The voice is instantly recognizable. So is the easygoing style and depth of knowledge that makes him one of the best play-by-play announcers in baseball. No one calls a game quite like Jon Miller
- From Busch to Miller, Kyle Lohse Finds a New Home
he put together last season.
The move to Miller Park will also do the right-hander no favors. While Busch Stadium doesn’t rival PETCO Park or Target Field as a pitcher-haven, it is more forgiving
- Video: Andrew Miller's Entire Sunday Appearance in 30 Sec.
Andrew Miller pitched for Boston on Sunday, March 3rd, 2013, against the New York Yankees. He threw 15 pitches and struck out all three batters he faced. His entire appearance lasted just three
- Marvin Miller's Legacy, and the Decline of Labor
; — Interview with Marvin Miller, 2008, after asking the Hall of Fame to stop nominating him
Since Marvin Miller's death, there has been a small but respectful chorus of voices calling for Miller's
- Eddie Yost and the Walking Men
Yesterday morning, Eddie Yost, also know as "The Walking Man," passed away at 86. Yost had a long career as a third baseman from 1944 to 1962, mostly with the Washington Senators. He also spent
- Daily Notes, Feat. a Summary of Shelby Miller's Debut
Table of Contents
Here's the table of contents for today's edition of Daily Notes.
1. A Brief Note Regarding the Regular Season
2. Summary: Shelby Miller's First MLB Start
3. Forthcoming Games
- Daily Notes, Featuring the Miller's Tale
. Today's Complete Schedule
Featured Game: Milwaukee at Washington, 13:05 ET
Regarding the Original Miller's Tale
In Chaucer's Canterbury Tales, a miller tells a story about a carpenter
- Shelby Miller's Debut, Animated
Cardinals right-hander Shelby Miller was ranked fourth overall among all prospects by our Marc Hulet on his preseason top-100 list and within the top 10 on most other lists of that sort. Despite
- Is Shelby Miller ready?
Yes. No. Maybe? I don't know. 2012 has been an enigmatic year for the 21-year-old Texan. After being rated highly coming into the year Shelby Miller is the not-so-proud owner of a 5.19 ERA
- Eddie Murray's 25 Ways of Doing Business
When one surveys the funereal countenance of base-balling great/fugitive from happiness Mr. Eddie Murray, one is likely to think, "Here is a man who conducts business even when he is not conducting
- Effective Andrew Miller Helping Boston's Bullpen
is the easiest way to change performance.
Among the replacements was former Miguel Cabrera trade bait Andrew Miller, who is finally starting to pitch like the sixth overall pick in the country is expected
- Spotted: Chris Sabo Jersey at Miller Park
Went to the Brewers-Reds game last night at Miller Park. Decent amount of Reds fans there in a modest crowd (27,000-ish).
Often, I make a point of taking noticing the most popular jerseys worn
- You Could
n't Hold Eddie Gaedel's Jock!
Eddie Gaedel[e] has gotten a decent number of mentions at the FanGraphs subsidiaries and elsewhere. As I noted last week, poet and biographer Tom Clark has a long poem about him.
I am not here
- FanGraphs Audio: Sam Miller of the OC Register
about Sam Miller of the OC Register. In this episode, Sam talks at some length about the effects of the Albert Pujols signing. Also discussed: why not to write a novel, lowered expectations.
- FanGraphs Audio: Sam Miller, OC Register
-- Bandied About!
Sam Miller, OC Register
Finally, you can subscribe to the podcast via iTunes or other feeder things.
Audio on the flip-flop. (Approximately 65 min play time.)
- Jesus Guzman and Andrew Miller: Mining the Minors
be a smart power and eligibility add in deep NL-only play. And of course, to keep his roster spot, he'll need to hit. But that's the one thing Guzman does well.
Andrew Miller, Red Sox SP/RP
- Andrew Miller's MLB Return
For a 26-year-old with an even 300 innings pitched in the majors, Andrew Miller has worn many labels throughout his career. He was a college ace at North Carolina and a top-10 pick by the Tigers
- Andrew Miller and The Art of the Dumpster Dive
Facing one of the worst offenses in baseball last night, Andrew Miller yielded 10 baserunners, became the first pitcher to give up a home run to Orlando Hudson all season, and walked away
- Andrew Miller's Vesting Option
- I would also accept "sneakiest" - one yet. As first reported by Alex Speier, Boston struck a deal with Andrew Miller that essentially circumvents the waiver process.
Here's the basics - Miller
- Sam Miller Is the Boss of Word Clouds
It's without a trace of chagrin that I reproduce in these pages -- despite it having already been produced in everybody else's pages -- Sam Miller's word cloud experiment from his Angels Blog
- Will Steinbrenner Beat Out Miller for HOF
of looking at the Veterans Committee vote, and specifically the absence of Marvin Miller from the Hall, the question comes down to either, “How can you not have Miller in the Hall of Fame?”, or “Miller’s
- Andrew Miller's Iffy Future
Andrew Miller has two articles linked on his page. One directs to a RotoGraphs piece written by the Talented Mr. Bendix and clicking the other will lead to a detailed look at the tallest rotations
- 2009 Impact Rookie: Adam Miller
What should we make of Adam Miller?
The right-handed pitching prospect has been frustrating the Cleveland Indians organization and its fans since he was selected out of a Texas high school
- Miller Time in Florida
Andrew Miller may have been the unluckiest pitcher in baseball in 2008.
Miller posted a 5.87 ERA in 107 innings, and eventually earned a ticket back to triple-A. However, Miller’s BABIP was .346
- Still Everyday Eddie
It is not uncommon for a famous or successful closer to either hang around too long or accept a lesser bullpen role as he gets up there in age. Eddie Guardado, however, has gone from starter