- FanGraphs Audio: Eric Nadel, Radio Voice of the Rangers
Radio voice of the Texas Rangers for over 30 years, Eric Nadel is both the recipient of the 2014 Ford Frick Award and also one of the most highly regarded of broadcasters by readers
- Eric Young Steals Our Hearts
Ever since Eric Young stole 87 bases in 118 attempts in Single-A back in 2006 with the Rockies organization, fantasy owners have been salivating over his fantasy prospects. With respectable strikeout
- Eric Jagielo Developing Approach
Brooklyn, New York -- Eric Jagielo measures up, literally, like a New York Yankee.
At 6'2", weighing 195 he fits the mold. So does the power he projects. But in his first professional season
- Eric Hosmer: Is This a Hot Streak or Is It Real?
Only one other first baseman has as many homers as Chris Davis over the past 14 days. Since you are reading this post you can surmise that it is Eric Hosmer, and the hot streak over the past few
- Diamondbacks Sign Eric Chavez
The third base market continues to clear. Eric Chavez is now off the market, as the Diamondbacks signed the veteran to a one-year, $3 million deal Wednesday.
As the contract suggests, Chavez
- Eric Hosmer: BABIP Stooge
Scroll a little more than halfway down Zach Sanders' End of Season First Base Rankings, and there at number 31 you'll find Kansas City Royals first baseman Eric Hosmer with a measly $1 value attached
- Mustache Watch: Eric Berger
Indians prospect Eric Berger has a mustache.
Let us crush the uprising.
Let us check our chained pocket watch before signing the railroad deed.
Let us agree not to speak
- Eric Chavez Reborn in New York
There was a time when Eric Chavez was on a hall-of-fame-level career path. Through 2006 -- his age-28 season and his eighth full major league campaign -- Chavez had a .271/.350/.489 batting line, 212
- Eric Thames (Might Be) Useful In Seattle
As you no doubt have heard, Eric Thames has traded blue for teal in being shipped to the Seattle Mariners with Steve Delabar going to the Toronto Blue Jays. And while I pray your fantasy roster has
- Request-a-GIF Revisited: Eric Young Walks on Air
You might have already looked upon Carson's fulfillment of reader Dave's wish to watch Eric Young, Jr. slip-slidin' around the bases into GIF-tacular eternity. That was fun wasn't it?
- Eric Hosmer's BABIP
Eric Hosmer has been a huge disappointment this season with a 0.174/0.243/0.316 slash line. Most of his problems stem from a 0.169 BABIP. I am going to look to see if there are any under lying
- Starlin Castro Is Good at Baseball
- Brett Cecil's Descent?
- Stanton's Possible Extension
- Yadier Molina's Potential Payday and Catcher Aging
- Eric Hosmer's Hacking
Eric Hosmer is a trendy fantasy pick this spring, and for good reason. The Royals first baseman batted .293/.334/.465 during his age-21 season, providing decent power (19 homers) and uncommon speed
- Who Is Your $100 Million Pitcher?
- The Post-Injury Jeff Francis and DIPS
- FAN Projection Targets: AL West Second Basemen
- Joe Saunders: A Fit for the New-Look Marlins?
- Yu Darvish's Landing Spot
), or in the future. In left field, Travis Snider has underperformed with a career .318 wOBA but is still only 23 years old, while Eric Thames isn’t expected to be much more than a 1.5 WAR player
- FanGraphs Audio: Out of Book with Eric Augenbraun
instructor Eric Augenbraun. Topics discussed: a sabermetrics of chess; Pujols, Pujols, Pujols; and the comic stylings of Dave Chappelle.
Don't hesitate to direct pod-related correspondence
- Red Sox Bring In Jesse Carlson
- Arguing With Myself: Eric Hosmer
the merits of Eric Hosmer, with my friends Bull and Bear starring in the show.
Bull: 3rd place in the ROY voting, 19 home runs in 523 ABs while hitting .293. Sounds darn good to me!
- Eric Sogard Meme: Urgent Addition
Ultimately, I blame myself. I thought the first attempt at the Eric Sogard Meme was complete enough, if not entirely exhaustive. But there was one so conspicuous in its absence that it rendered
- Don't Sleep on the Angels
- Meme Attempt: Eric Sogard
Thinking man's base ball-ist Eric Sogard is, natch, something of a local hero on these electric pages. So because of his heroism and because he is indubitably a Thing That Contains Multitudes, we
- Extending Shaun Marcum
- Open-Market Value — The Free Agent Team
- Q&A: Eric Hosmer
Eric Hosmer finished third in this year’s American League Rookie-of-the-Year balloting, but you might not want to bet against his going on to have a better career than the players who finished one
- An Alternative to Pujols in St.Louis
- How Will Prince Fielder Age?
- The Brandon McCarthy Saga - Part Two
- The Brandon McCarthy Saga - Part One
- Elements Of Eric Sogard's Wikipedia
Observe, the Wikipedia page of one Eric Sogard:
(Click to embiggen. Like, a lot.)
Now, allow me to highlight some notable elements of said Wikipedia page.
1. I hadn't heard this nickname
- FanGraphs Audio: Eric Augenbraun, Thought-Thinker
Philadelphia, Its Geography -- Learned About!
Eric Augenbraun, NotGraphs and The Good Phight
Finally, you can subscribe to the podcast via iTunes or other feeder things
- Mustache Watch: Eric Chavez
Yes, I'm positive that's not Don Mattingly. And, no, I couldn't find a better picture of Eric Chavez's new mustache.
But it's there. Look closely, and you can see it. And it's not just any
- Eric Davis's Rather Large Firearm
that they are best symbolized by a large gun. The other, less obvious explanation is that the streets of Cincinnati are afflicted and in need of taking back. And so desperate are conditions that only Eric Davis
- The Irrational Exuberance of Eric Byrnes
If you've ever longed to see Eric Byrnes tear up Harold Reynolds like a parking ticket, then today, God-fearer, is your lucky-best day ...
- Hi, I'm Eric and This Is My Malcolm X Baseball Card
It's a well-known adage of our time that NotGraphs contributors "are always hired in pairs." Yesterday, we introduced the readership to Mr. Patrick Dubuque. Today, we present the debut of Mr. Eric
- Eric Hosmer Gets the Call
to the conclusion that Ka'aihue is no Eric Hosmer. Yesterday, they made the switch official, swapping the two between Triple-A and the majors, and Hosmer will take over at first base for the Royals
- Great Moments in Spectacles: Eric Sogard
Reader and writer Bryz directs us to this image of Eric Sogard (from the latter's MLB.com page), whose omission from Team Joy Squad may or may not represent an error on the part of this author.
- Eric Hacker's 15 Minutes
Signs that the uneventful portion of the offseason is upon us: Eric Hacker stole the spotlight for about an hour’s span yesterday. There are a lot of starting points in most acquisitions
- Tagg, You're It: A Conversation with Eric Nusbaum
I don't know how it happened, exactly. One minute I was minding my own business, wandering aimlessly around the internet like I always do; the next, I was discussing -- with Eric Nusbaum of Pitchers
- Eric Gagne Dominated Righties
Eric Gagne's run from 2002 to 2004 is historic. Over this three-year period, the goggled Canadian saved a staggering 152 games against only 6 blown saves, including a streak of 84 straight. Gagne
- Revisiting Eric Chavez' Extension
Eric Chavez’ career could be coming to a close soon. The list of injuries associated with Chavez is long and tiresome and this news has simply thrown gas on a debate just as silly; whether Billy
- Pinch a Penny and Sign Eric Hinske
reports link the Pirates to Eric Hinske. As a Rays fan, I’ve seen quite a bit of Hinske, and frankly I’m a bit befuddled on how he’s failed to attract much interest prior to the Pirates. Hinske came