- Brad Johnson RotoGraphs Chat - 7/5/16
? Other 1B are carlos santana and logan forsythe.1:00Brad Johnson: Definitely. I'd take Abreu alone.1:00Dan: Im in a 10 team roto and do not have an ace. Which of these SP would you try to hold onto
- Brad Johnson RotoGraphs Chat - 6/7
Here's the transcript from today's chat!
1:47Brad Johnson: Apologies for the brief delay. People showed up to drill holes in my walls1:47Brad Johnson: Some kind of fire sprinkler maintenance
- Brad Johnson RotoGraphs Chat - 6/28/16
Today's chat transcript. Covered a lot of topics...
2:28Brad Johnson: Alright folks let's get the ball rolling. Looks like there's a smaller group hanging out today2:29JD: I've got a hole at 1B
- Brad Johnson RotoGraphs Chat - 6/21
The chat transcript is go. Lots of dynasty questions this week which is right in my sweet spot.
1:44Brad Johnson: The chat is go. Exciting operational notes first...1:45Brad Johnson: I am without
- Brad Johnson RotoGraphs Chat - 5/24
The transcript is below.
Brad Johnson: Let's get this going. I tried putting an apple in my smoothie today and it's gross
Alex: Hey Brad. My Drew Smyly
- Brad Johnson RotoGraphs Chat – 5/17
Here's the transcript of today's chat. Lot's of fun topics.
Breakout Stars..?: Brandon Drury, Danny Valencia?
Brad Johnson: What are you looking
- Brad Johnson RotoGraphs Chat - 5/10
Brad Johnson: Ahoy there. Let's get this shindig started
JD: Hi Brad, should I drop any of Gausman, Conley, Roark for Rodon in a 10-teamer H2H redraft? I
- Brad Johnson RotoGraphs Chat - 5/3
Here's the transcript in glorious HD!
Brad Johnson: Hey all, I opened the queue early to post a poll, but I'm not taking questions yet. If you submit one, I WILL skip it. See you
- Brad Johnson RotoGraphs Chat - 7/19/16
The results of today's chat!
1:42Brad Johnson: Howdy folks, let's get this under way1:42Brad Johnson: I briefly considered using only plagiarized responses for this chat, but that seemed like
- Brad Johnson RotoGraphs Chat - 5/31
Here's the transcript from today's chat.
Brad Johnson: Hey everyone, I'm running just a couple minutes behind. We'll get started soon.
- Brad Johnson RotoGraphs Chat – 4/26/16
Brad Johnson: I do think they'll recover, but the damage is already done. You'll need to get lucky streaming high end relievers to make up for it
- Brad Johnson RotoGraphs Chat - 4/19/16
Chat Transcript below!
Shawn: James Shields still top 30ish SP?
Brad Johnson: No, not remotely close.
Brad Johnson: He's
- Brad Johnson Baseball Chat -- 4/3/14
2:48MLB: 11:48Comment From Fantasy GuruBrad!!!!! I need your fantasy guidance this afternoon!!! Should I start Yordano Ventura in Detroit? Over/Under an ERA of 3.50? 11:49Brad Johnson: Because you
- Brad Johnson RotoGraphs Chat - 4/12/16
Transcript from Tuesday's chat!
Brad Johnson: Ok, I've opened the chat early since I forgot to set the queue to open. You should be able to post questions now
- Brad Johnson's 10 Bold Predictions
at RotoGraphs, it is customary to list 10 such bold picks; also Eno ordered me to do so.
1. Erik Johnson will be the second best starting pitcher for the White Sox
Johnson has good stuff
- Brad Johnson's 10 Bold Predictions
- Brad Johnson's 10 Bold Predictions
- Brad Johnson's 10 Timid Predictions
- Brad Johnson RotoGraphs Chat - 4/5/16
- Erik Johnson: Late Round Breakout Candidate
After five respectable outings in 2013, Erik Johnson will begin his rookie campaign as a relative unknown in the fantasy world. This season is just his third as a professional and his quick ascension
- The Daily Grind: Eovaldi, Holland, Johnson, Jaso
GB / FB Splits
Tomorrow's Targets - Johnson, Nova, Jaso, DeShields
1. Daily DFS - Eovaldi, Holland
- Reviewing Brad Johnson's 2015 Bold Predictions
- GIF: Jim Johnson's Jim Johnson
Because Oriole Jim Johnson plays for the Orioles, there's a strong chance that no one -- perhaps besides his teammates and Buck Showalter and Buck Showalter's grizzled and nameless manservant
- Johnson's Domination
Johnson and his performance from 1999-2002.
For starters, here are some of his peripheral numbers in each of these seasons:
1999: 35 GS, 271.2 IP, 207 H, 75 ER, 70 BB, 364 K, 1.02 WHIP, 2.48 ERA
- What Happened To Davey Johnson?
Davey Johnson on Joe Maddon:
"I don’t know him that well, but I thought he was a weird wuss anyways."
When did Davey Johnson become a grumpy old codger? Wasn't he the first guy
- What Is Davey Johnson Doing?
Here's newly minted Nats skipper Davey Johnson!
The discerning discerner will observe that also in this photo is a white orb of cowhide, something known in industry parlance as a "baseball
- Kelly Johnson's Redemption
Dropped from Braves at the end of 2009, Kelly Johnson found little interest in his services and ended up in Arizona on a one year contract paying him just $2.3 million. Arizona gambled that Johnson
- Pitcher Study: Josh Johnson
Is Josh Johnson still an ace?
The 2012 season had some encouraging signs after shoulder injuries cut short potential Cy Young campaigns in 2010 and 2011. Johnson posted a 3.81 ERA and 3.40 FIP
- Randy Johnson's Countdown
Randy Johnson has not pitched particularly well this season, for instance see yesterday's shelling at the hands of the Rockies. In fact, outside of Tim Lincecum, nobody in the Giants rotation has
- Is Elliot Johnson Worth Starting?
Last year, Elliot Johnson was one of the worst hitters in the majors. With a 57 wRC+ backed by just four home runs, six steals, and a strikeout rate near 30%, Johnson's lackluster performance had
- Chris Johnson and Great Players
that people hardly notice. The leader in the National League right now is Chris Johnson, batting .342. Johnson didn't even begin the year as an everyday player.
Johnson went from the Diamondbacks
- Kelly Johnson: A DeRosa Alternative
dislike dealing in shadowy realm of rumor, Braves second baseman Kelly Johnson has been mentioned in multiple places as a non-tender candidate given his 2009 performance and replacement by Martin Prado
- Nick Johnson to New York
The Yankees have absolutely refused to stand pat this offseason. After adding Curtis Granderson in the first big trade of the winter, the Yankees have now agreed to terms with 1B/DH Nick Johnson
- Kelly Johnson: Slugger
As part of a critical five-run rally in the bottom of the fifth inning of yesterday's Phillies-Diamondbacks game, Arizona second baseman Kelly Johnson slugged his NL-leading seventh home run
- Josh Johnson's Extension
The Marlins locked up their most talented pitcher on Thursday, as they agreed to terms with 26-year-old SP Josh Johnson on a four-year, 39 million dollar contract. The deal will pay 3.75MM in '10
- A Small Randy Johnson Retrospective
As you have surely heard, Randy Johnson announced his retirement last night. Matthew took the first look at this, noting that he retires as someone who could be a three-win pitcher next year. Here
- The Return of Josh Johnson
Josh Johnson returned to the mound last night for the first time since April 21. The oft-injured 29-year-old (it still surprises me that he’s just 29) impressed against the Giants, throwing seven
- Josh Johnson's Curveball
We're happy to welcome Albert Lyu back to the FanGraphs team. His work will again appear regularly here on the site.
Before Josh Johnson was lost for the season with shoulder injuries in May, he
- Marlins Reel in Nick Johnson
Bedlam ruled the day of the trade deadline, and the Nick Johnson for LHP Aaron Thompson deal was no exception. The Nationals broke from their age old custom of clenching to tradeable players
- The Josh Johnson Dilemma
Earlier this year, Jack Moore reviewed Josh Johnson's inability to get hitters out while pitching from the stretch. Johnson and the Jays were very much aware of the situation, but even still, it did
- The Nick Johnson Quandry
offers a similar problem for GMs with a shopping list.
I'm speaking of Mr. Disabled List himself, Nick Johnson. His list of health problems is longer than a typical Joe Posnanski column
- Buying Low on Josh Johnson
It may surprise some, considering this high ERA and low strikeout rate compared to his career average, but Josh Johnson actually has the seventh highest WAR of any pitcher in baseball. Despite having
- Robbing Johnson of a Shot
(and the .227 batting average in 2008 just adds insult to injury). The move also keeps the underrated Rob Johnson from receiving the opportunity that he deserves.
Johnson, 25, was selected out of college
- Is Josh Johnson Back?
destined for an epic crash (click on the link, it's must-watch stuff). Owning Josh Johnson on a couple squads, I've felt a little of both.
Coming off of a serious shoulder injury in 2011, Johnson,28, had
- Randy Johnson Retires
Randy Johnson announced his retirement today. There are thousands upon thousands of words that could, and should, be written about Randy Johnson. His career numbers are remarkable. The mark he left
- Josh Johnson Heads to Canada
So as you all no doubt know by now, Josh Johnson was part of the trade of fantasy baseball proportions that is expected to be finalized at some point today. It's time for JJ to start trading in his
- Johnson Leads Florida's Rotation
projected them to be worse than the Nationals. Last night Josh Johnson won the game for the Marlins, pitching six innings of four-hit, one-run ball while striking out 6, walking only one and getting seven
- Kelly Johnson: Aging With Style
Fantasy owners hoped for a bounce back in 2012 after Kelly Johnson regressed in 2011 after a superb 2010 season. A second baseman with 16 HRs and 14 SBs normally would have a relatively high fantasy
- Recalling Jim Johnson
to the minors and recalled 24-yr old pitcher Jim Johnson. Johnson, a starter in the minor leagues, had made two "audition" starts for the Orioles in 2006 and 2007, racking up the undesirable line of 5 IP
- Will Erik Johnson Be Relevant?
He throws all four pitches, has solid velocity, a big solid frame, will begin the season in the White Sox rotation, and is a top 100 prospect. With all of that said, will Erik Johnson be worth
- Chris Johnson Heads to Arizona
for third baseman Chris Johnson. While the move gives the Diamondbacks and improved situation at the hot corner, it may not be so great for fantasy owners.
First of all, let's establish the fact
- No Love For Jim Johnson?
and there, but if they're healthy, they've always seemed to slide back into the job. So why, after 101 saves in the past two season....yes, that's right, 101...does Jim Johnson get no love?
I did a mock draft
- Lowrie and Johnson: Waiver Wire
be slotted in at SS, 3B, MI, CI, and UTL positions, which makes him a nice option to have coming off the bench as needed.
Chris Johnson (ESPN: 26 percent owned; Yahoo!: 25 percent owned)
- The Nick Johnson Stories
The phone rang, rattling in the glove compartment, but Nick Johnson did not hear it. He was already halfway to the creek. His boots crackled among the the skeletons of leaves scattered between
- Can Kelly Johnson Bounce Back?
There might not be a more up and down player in fantasy than Kelly Johnson. After establishing himself as a useful fantasy second baseman in 2007-2008, Johnson completely fell off that radar
- Nothing Fishy About Josh Johnson
Heading into the 2007 season, Florida's Josh Johnson looked like an ace-in-waiting.
As a 22 year-old rookie in 2006, the 6-7 righty posted a 3.99 FIP in 24 starts and seven relief appearances
- Will Francoeur's Approach Work for Kelly Johnson?
It was shaping up as a disappointing season for Kelly Johnson in 2008 until a strong September. After three straight months of hitting .250 or less, Johnson posted a 22-game hitting streak
- Johnson Leads WAR at Labor Day
, nearly 85% of the way through the season, is Florida Marlins ace Josh Johnson - not Roy Halladay, nor Ubaldo Jimenez, not Cliff Lee, not Felix Hernandez, and not CC Sabathia. Johnson is establishing
- Can Josh Johnson Fix The Stretch?
There have been plenty of good signs in Josh Johnson's return from a season-ending shoulder injury this year. His 2.98 FIP is excellent; he's striking out nearly eight batters per nine innings
- Josh Johnson Finding Success in June
The month of June has been very kind to Josh Johnson. In 14.2 innings, the big right-hander owns a 1.84 ERA with impressive peripheral numbers to match: 16 strikeouts, just four walks, and no home
- Free Agent Bargain: Randy Johnson
Moving back to the mound in our series on free agent bargains, we find an interesting name - the tallest player in baseball and a sure fire Hall of Famer, you wouldn't think Randy Johnson would fly
- Chris Johnson: Darling of the Waiver Wire
he will probably cease to provide the kind of value for which his new owners are hoping. Especially in light of reports that Chris Johnson wouldn’t lose playing time now that Freddie Freeman has
- Kelly Johnson, an Elite Second Baseman?
The league leader in WAR for second basemen? Kelly Johnson. I made some pretty bold predictions in our staff-wide preseason series, one of them being that Matt Kemp will not even get to 30/30
- Josh Johnson Earning His Contract
Justin Morneau has the highest WAR in baseball right now, but you probably knew that. Know who is second?
Josh Johnson. With another dominating start last night, the Marlins ace has now thrown
- Things to Buy: Will Johnson Baseball Art
Doctor Cyclops, by Will Johnson
When I am sad, I like to spend money. Because I am often sad, I am in big time mondo debt, as many of you know. At the moment, my cash flow is such that I cannot
- Kelly Johnson, Quintessential Rays Acquisition
This afternoon, it was reported that the Rays will ink Kelly Johnson to a one-year deal. It’s an interesting match, as Johnson provides the Rays with the one thing that they like -- a player who has
- Josh Johnson's Creative Contract With the Padres
The news is breaking now. It seems that Josh Johnson has gotten $8 million dollars from the Padres to pitch in 2014, according to Jerry Crasnick. By itself, that is an interesting match -- Johnson
- Comparing Livan Hernandez and Randy Johnson
Prior to the start of the 2009 season, the thought of comparing Livan Hernandez and Randy Johnson was ludicrous. Mets fans rolled their eyes when the club signed Hernandez while Giants fans were
- Micah Johnson: Wheels...and What Else?
(fourth if you count the Mexican League), a full dozen behind White Sox second base prospect Micah Johnson, who has blazed his way to 54 thefts in 66 contests.
Anybody who produces that sort of stolen
- Chris Johnson: The Flavor of Wonder Bread
As we continue to examine Zach Sanders' Third Base End of Season Rankings, let's scroll down to number 22 where we find Arizona's Chris Johnson who, according to the calculations, produced a $3 value
- Don't Bring In the Lefty for Kelly Johnson
three years, and Joey Votto isn't far behind him. What might surprise you is the name that sits in the 34th spot out of the 150 qualified hitters: Kelly Johnson.
At a .382 wOBA against lefties since
- Nick Johnson Retires, FanGraphs Weeps
Eight times on base. Had Nick Johnson reached base just eight more times in his ten-year career, he would have become just the 41st player in history to leave the game with a .400+ OBP (min. 3,000 PA
- Pouring One Out for Nick Johnson's Career
RIP, Nick Johnson's career. Mourn ya 'till I join ya.
- Randy Johnson: Just for Men Pitchman
(Get it, pitchman?)
Because when I want to advertise a beauty project, I call Randy Johnson!
This advertisement just adds
- Contract Crowdsourcing 2013-14: Josh Johnson
is likely to receive, FanGraphs is also requesting that readers make note of how much they'd pay each free agent were they, themselves, actual GMs.
In this edition: Josh Johnson.
- Nick Castellanos is Channeling Chris Johnson
- Streaming Weekend Starters: Johnson and Straily
you be in panic mode for wins and strikeouts, a mode in which the author of this post resides in at least two leagues. So let's get to it.
Yes, Steve Johnson. Johnson, who slogged
- Kelly Johnson: Why the Low AVG?
Kelly Johnson came into the season a fairly decent option at second base. In one keeper league I was in, him and Ben Zobrist were both available. I considered them to be at the same talent level
- The Probably Top Indication Josh Johnson Is Classical Scholar
The top indication that major-league right-hander Josh Johnson is a classical scholar used to be the paper he wrote on the theme of sal (or "wit") in the work of the Neoteric poets and which
- Cubs Sign Reed Johnson; Scrappers Celebrate
On Wednesday morning, the Chicago Cubs came to an agreement for a one-year deal with free agent OF Reed Johnson. The Cubs are no strangers with Johnson -- three of the last four times Johnson has
- Micah Johnson, Gordon Beckham And Chicago's Crowded Keystone
On Tuesday, the White Sox promoted second baseman Micah Johnson from Double-A to Triple-A. In 2013, Johnson split the season between A and High-A, with a brief taste of Double-A, compiling a .312
- Kelly Johnson's Return to Career-Year Form
boosts. Loney's contribution thus far has been probably the most surprising, but almost equally as significant for the 2013 Rays has been the hitting of second-baseman-turned-left-fielder Kelly Johnson
- FanGraphs Audio: Both Touki Toussaint and Brian Johnson
Touki Toussaint is a right-hander in the Arizona system who was selected 16th overall in the most recent draft. Brian Johnson is a left-hander in the Red Sox system, currently playing
- Third-Place Diamondbacks Buy Chris Johnson
silly for the team to buy Chris Johnson from the Astros today. For the team to give up two legitimate prospects for Johnson, they must see him as a longer-term solution at the position.
- Concerning Jim Johnson and Groundball Relievers in General
Despite leading the AL in saves, Orioles closer Jim Johnson is having a rough year compared to 2012 when he posted a 2.51 ERA and saved 51 games in 54 opportunities. Early in 2013, an enthusiastic
- How Much is Jim Johnson Really Worth in Fantasy
Jim Johnson has 42 saves. You own closers for saves. Ipso facto bingo blatto, Jim Johnson is an elite fantasy closer.
-- or --
Jim Johnson has 36 strikeouts in 58.1 innings. The average
- Daily Notes: Mostly Ambulant Nick Johnson Retires
Table of Contents
Here's the table of contents for today's edition of the Daily Notes.
1. Assorted Headlines
2. Table: Nick Johnson's Walk Rate in Context
3. Three Images: Venezuelan Winter
- Kelly Johnson's Trade, Kevin Towers, and Strikeouts
(perfectly understandable, as Branyan has continued to struggle this season with the Angels). Brandon Allen was hardly given a chance before being dealt for a reliever. And finally, Kelly Johnson, whose
- Johnson Traded for Hill and McDonald: Fantasy Implications
What to expect from Kelly Johnson in Toronto – Kelly has been a disappointment this season, mainly for his inability to make contact (27.4 K% vice a career 20.9 K%) and get a hit (0.257 BABIP vice
- J. Hoffpauir, C. Johnson Recalled from Triple-A
Encarnacion. He could have some short-term fantasy value in AL-only leagues if the Jays opt against moving Jose Bautista to third more frequently.
Houston Astros recalled 3B Chris Johnson from
- Waiver Wire: Ben Revere and Chris Johnson
be able to help your squad out: Ben Revere and Chris Johnson.
With Denard Span still on the disabled list and reportedly still feeling a tad woozy from his concussion, Ben Revere
- Unworthiest Regulars: Matt Dominguez, Chris Johnson
decided that the least circuitous route to that issue’s solution was simply not to put the ball in play as often as he had in 2013.
I don’t think that anyone expected Chris Johnson to produce an AVG
- Abraham Almonte & Chris Johnson: Deep League Wire
power and speed, he's an attractive pickup in what could very well be a barren free agent pool in your league.
Chris Johnson | 1B/3B CLE | 3% Owned
This is the so-called prize the Indians
- Pedro Martinez and Randy Johnson at Their Best, Today
Among others, baseball's Hall of Fame will prepare to welcome Pedro Martinez and Randy Johnson. For them, there was zero suspense: Hall of Famers don't get more automatic, and as easy
- Jays Ship Hill to Arizona for Kelly Johnson
The Blue Jays shipped fan-favorite John McDonald and fan-hated Aaron Hill to the Arizona Diamondbacks for Kelly Johnson. Strangely, even though Hill is the only player with a possible contract
- Dan Johnson & Jordany Valdespin: Deep League Wire
Dan Johnson | 1B TOR | CBS 1% Owned
Half the Blue Jays offense is on the disabled list, which resulted in the well-traveled Johnson to get the call to fill one of the team's many holes
- Chris Johnson: Surprise Batting Average Crown Contender
and even bunt hits. Chris Johnson isn't exactly the picture of a batting average leader, and yet, he finished second in the National League with a .321 mark, which ranked fifth in baseball
- Closers Trending Up: Guerra, Johnson, Marshall
competition. Even so, it looks like he is gaining more and more control of the ninth inning in Los Angeles.
Johnson was another relative uncertainty in the closer role before
- Five Minutes with Chris Johnson: BABIP Brave
Last week, Jeff Sullivan wrote about Atlanta Braves third baseman Chris Johnson. The article addressed the 28-year-old’s surprisingly stellar season, which has him leading the National League
- Carp, Lind, Allen, Johnson: First Base Notes
. He did lose his outfield eligibility last year, and the lack of flexibility definitely hurts.
Nick Johnson | Orioles | Owned: 0% Yahoo! and 0.2% ESPN
It's been nearly two years since Johnson
- Carlos Triunfel & Elliot Johnson: Deep League Wire
at the moment.
Elliot Johnson | ATL 2B/SS | CBS 2% Owned
Surprise, surprise, Fredi Gonzalez has tired of a veteran's slump and has chosen to start a weak hitting veteran instead. Dan Uggla's
- Erik Johnson & Kelby Tomlinson: Deep League Wire
As usual, the players listed in this space are typically better suited for mono leagues, and the ownership percentages are by way of CBS.
Erik Johnson / SP / Chicago White Sox / 7
- Field of Streams: Episode 196 - Live With Brad Johnson
Episode 196 - Live With Brad Johnson
In this live broadcast, Dylan Higgins and Brad Johnson do a live recording to discuss their upcoming vacations, discussing pitcher options first for once due
- Russ Canzler, Dan Johnson, and the Quad-A Label
There's something strangely fitting about the fact that both Russ Canzler and Dan Johnson have found new homes in the last 24 hours. Canzler was traded yesterday from the Rays to the Indians for cash
- Waiver Wire: Todd Helton and Chris Johnson
to appreciate him in the end.
Chris Johnson, HOU |3B| Ownership: ESPN - 22.5% Yahoo - 29.0%
A little more than a month ago, our own Dan Wade recommended using Johnson as a potential fill-in/injury
- Polanco, Johnson, Roberts, Espinosa: 2B Showdown
% and below.
The 4 players I will be looking at today are Placido Polanco, Kelly Johnson, Ryan Roberts and Danny Espinosa. Here are their ownership rates and stats so far this year
- Nick Johnson on his .400 Career OBP
Nick Johnson needs a typical Nick Johnson season to secure his legacy. Not as an injury-prone first baseman -- that’s his other legacy -- but as an on-base machine. The 33-year-old left-handed hitter
- Hawpe, Loney, Johnson: Cut Your 1B Losses
to get him back to that point right now.
Dan Johnson | Rays | .130/.190/.204, 1 HR, 3 RBI
A trendy late-round pickup in deeper leagues, Johnson has reminded everyone why the vast majority of his
- Field of Streams: Episode 156 – Live With Brad Johnson
Episode 156 - Live With Brad Johnson
The latest episode of “Field of Streams” is live!
In this episode, Dylan Higgins and Brad Johnson do a live recording to discuss picking against Shelby
- Q&A: Pierce Johnson, Chicago Cubs Pitching Prospect
Pierce Johnson is learning to pitch. That’s bad news for opposing hitters, because the 6-foot-3 right-hander has big-league-quality stuff. It’s good news for Cubs fans, as Chicago’s north-side team
- Five Actual Sleepers
season is feasible.
I feel a little dirty even mentioning Johnson. For years, he's served as a sabermetric pariah - an example of an overrated, fringy player. Last season
- Four Dynasty Second Base Targets
counting on about 12 home runs and 12 stolen bases. There's a chance Herrera never grabs hold of a starting job. I would not expect him to do much in 2016.
3. Micah Johnson (CWS, AAA)
I have Jose
- Braves Outfield: A Whole New Look
With apologies to the first three names on the list, they're all perfectly adequate replacement level fodder. Constanza was outrighted
- Red Sox Playing Time Battles: Pitchers
the favorite to be the fifth starter. John Farrell has reportedly promised him the job. Others in the mix include prospects Henry Owens and Brian Johnson. Steven Wright is a distant also ran, but he's also
- Q&A: Kelly Johnson, Sabermetrically Savvy FA
Kelly Johnson may or may not be a Toronto Blue Jay next season, but wherever he ends up, he promises to have a better year with the bat -- regardless of how many times he strikes out. The free-agent
- The Yankees Infield
The Fab Five
I wrote about about McCann when he joined the Yankees from a non-fantasy perspective. I love
- Reviewing My Mediocre Predictions
1. Erik Johnson will be the second best starting pitcher for the White Sox
Um. This looks silly in retrospect. It's almost like I forgot Jose Quintana existed. My thought process
- The Daily Grind: Peavy Conley, Bour, Ketel
, and Syndergaard have the three top projections of the day. Greinke is next best. Shelby Miller and Erik Johnson are ranked sixth and seventh. Miller's strong projection caught me off guard. The Cardinals
- Braves Playing Time Battles: Pitchers
Grilli, and Jim Johnson. The fantasy player in me wants to see Vizcaino run with the closer role because he's young and throws bullets. The pragmatist fully expects to see Grilli. Something has gone
- The Daily Grind: 7-11-14 - Presented by FanDuel
Late: Miguel Gonzalez isn't a bad target if you're trying to coax a home run out of a cheap bat like Yangervis Solarte or Kelly Johnson.
The Indians versus Hector Noesi is one of the top stacking
- Five Actual Young Sleepers
or Hector Noesi.
Johnson is the latest weak bat speedster to potentially grace the majors. He stole nearly 90 bases in 2013. Last season was interrupted by hamstring injuries, yet he
- The Daily Grind: DFS, Streaming, and More for May 23
Sox lineups, but they won't be submitted until well after contests start. Even DraftKings users may not get a chance to react. It's too bad since Cody Anderson at Erik Johnson promises
- The Daily Grind: DFS, Streaming, and More for June 16
Finally, the Junior Guerra punt is never a bad idea in a GPP. A little luck can push him to a cheap 50 FD points. He's visiting the Dodgers.
Stack Targets: Kyle Gibson, Erik Johnson, Eduardo Rodriguez
- The Daily Grind: A Dare, Moore, Nola, Harrison
Rodriguez, Carlos Martinez, Steven Matz, Brian Johnson, and Cody Anderson are all just $8 to keep. Four of those guys look like locks.
That's all interesting background and whatnot, but today's
- The Daily Grind: Prep, Gio, Odorizzi, Hernandez
DFS Prep Pt 1 - Weather
Daily DFS - Gio, TBD
Tomorrow's Targets - Odorizzi, Nova, Johnson, Hernandez
1. DFS Prep Pt 1 - Weather
A common question I receive
- The Daily Grind: Happ, Anderson, Werth
First Base Dynasty
GB / FB Splits
Tomorrow's Targets - Johnson, Wright, Werth, Tomlinson
1. First Base Dynasty
I don't often link
- Top 100 Spring Hitters by OPS
- The FanDuel Daily Grind: 3-31-14
. A few guys who make excellent targets include Wilson Ramos ($3,200, batting cleanup between Jayson Werth and Bryce Harper), Travis Snider ($2,600, batting second), and Chris Johnson ($3,100, batting
- My Preliminary Fantasy Rankings By Position
in which 1.9 is Clayton Kershaw, 0.75 is a roughly average pitcher, and 0.23 is Erik Johnson.
From there, I combined my senseless math with my own impressions to form my lists. You may be interested
- What Alex Rodriguez's Suspension Means for the Yankees
Reynolds, Michael Young, or Justin Turner, but as the saying goes "you get what you pay for." The club has been connected with Young and Reynolds. There has also been speculation that Kelly Johnson
- The Orioles Play in the Shallow End of Free Agency
Earlier in the offseason, the Orioles traded incumbent closer Jim Johnson to the Oakland Athletics for second baseman Jemile Weeks. Johnson was expected to earn $10 million in arbitration - a figure
- Lessons Learned From a Shallow Linear Weights Draft
before I would have grabbed him - and I was forced to take Jed Lowrie, Aaron Hill, and Kelly Johnson later in the draft.
In years past, the value hasn't been nearly as flat as it was this season
- The Daily Grind: 4-15-14 - Presented by FanDuel
Johnson's also been quite bad. The most worrying sign - his fastball velocity is down three mph. Get it together Johnson!
Shelby Miller looks broken says Dave Cameron. Ok, let's stack against him
- The Daily Grind: 4-17-14 - Presented by FanDuel
% deposit bonus up to $200. Click here to win your seat ticket.
1. What not to do
Yesterday I was beaten in a tournament by a guy who played Cliff Lee, Chris Johnson, Evan Gattis, and B.J. Upton
- The Daily Grind: 4-24-14 - Presented by FanDuel
, but he's having trouble rolling ground balls and Baltimore is friendly lefty power hitters.
Let's try out the Rays against Erik Johnson at the Chicago Slugging Grounds.
I wish Carlos Villanueva
- The Daily Grind: 7-10-14 - Presented by FanDuel
peripherals. He has dealt some strong results, and the Cards will hope he replicates those tomorrow. I'm betting on a short outing and shaky command.
Kris Johnson will make his second start
- The Daily Grind: 7-21-14 - Presented by FanDuel
for a stack, but he's pitching at White Sox Cellular Field today.
T.J. House versus Kris Johnson has the right pitchers for stacking, but the Indians offense isn't great against lefties
- The Daily Grind: 7-23-14 - Presented by FanDuel
player. For the next two months, he'll call one of the best hitter stadiums home. Of course, I predicted big things for Brian McCann and Kelly Johnson this season, and we all know how that's turned out
- The Daily Grind: Choking, Happ, Ray, Robinson
Johnson (@BaseballATeam) September 26, 2015
On Sunday...well, you know. This is what I get for saying something positive about the guy. He's a fiery competitor, but sometimes that fire gets misdirected
- The Daily Grind: DFS, Streaming, and More for June 8
Brad Johnson Comments About Taillon
The Daily Grind Invitational and Leaderboard
1. Brad Johnson
- The Daily Grind: DFS, Streaming, and More for June 21
advantageous. Ray's wild ways will get him into trouble.
Also consider: Michael Wacha, Robbie Ray, Erik Johnson, Eduardo Rodriguez
Hitters (power): Hyun-soo Kim isn't much of a power hitter, but he's
- The Daily Grind: 4-8-12 - Presented by FanDuel
probably allow three or more runs over six innings.
Erik Johnson is a guy I'd like to recommend, but in Colorado? Against Colorado? That's an exploit waiting to happen.
Lucas Harrell AND Brandon Morrow
- The Daily Grind: 4-9-14
The two hitter friendly stadiums in this tier - Coors Field and Fenway - combine to have three exploitable pitchers. In Colorado, Juan Nicasio hosts Erik Johnson. In Boston, Robbie Ross has
- The Daily Grind: 4-30-14 - Presented by FanDuel
postponed again, he might get bumped altogether.
Who is Kris Johnson? He's a 29-year-old left-hander with solid minor league numbers. The Pirates gave him a cup of coffee last season if the name looks
- The Daily Grind: 5-11-14 - Presented by FanDuel
matchup against Ramos.
Derek Norris will have the platoon advantage against John Danks.
C.J. Cron is a gem against Mark Buehrle.
I'd look to use Kelly Johnson and Yangervis Solarte in the New
- The Daily Grind: 5-21-14 - Presented by FanDuel
are the principle Indians who might like facing Chen.
Try out Kelly Johnson and Yangervis Solarte against Noesi. If you prefer to target Phelps, you can use Conor Gillaspie or Adam Dunn.
- Charlie Blackmon's Improbable Season
caught stealings. His average fly ball distance of 274 feet ranked 182nd in baseball, clustered with the likes of Yunel Escobar, Chris Johnson, and Kyle Seager. His home park will continue to help
- The Marlins Outfield: A Source Of Pleasure
depend on one old guy to back up three positions. It mostly worked for them last season with Reed Johnson.
- The Daily Grind: Farmer, Rodon, Welington
Young, Preston Tucker, Jason Castro, Danny Espinosa, Kelly Johnson, Yasmany Tomas, Chris Coghlan, Delmon Young, Nolan Reimold, Steve Pearce
Hitters (speed): Rajai Davis activate! It's a tough matchup
- The Daily Grind: Bettis, Anderson, Venable
, David Murphy, Logan Forsythe, Brandon Guyer, Chris Young, Chase Headley, Justin Maxwell, Kelly Johnson,
Hitters (speed): Will Venable has recaptured his platoon role with the Padres. He's hitting
- The Daily Grind: Reader Leagues, Boyd, Straily
of the worst pitchers in the league.
Also consider: David Peralta, Mark Canha, Josh Phegley, Eddie Rosario, Melky Cabrera, Matt Joyce, Kelly Johnson, Gerardo Parra, Preston Tucker
- The Daily Grind: McCullers, Flande, Elias, Paxton
lefties tomorrow - Matt Boyd and Randy Wolf. That means plenty of work for Ryan Raburn, Mike Aviles, Yan Gomes, and Chris Johnson. None of those names are overly attractive. You'll be hoping volume makes
- The Daily Grind: DFS, Streamers, and More for April 16
Also consider: Derek Norris, Jeremy Hazelbaker, Brandon Moss, Matt Adams, Daniel Nava, A.J. Pierzynski, Nick Markakis, Adonis Garcia, Kelly Johnson, Seth Smith, Didi Gregorius
- GIF: Kelly Johnson's Backhand Flip Ooh La La
The Blue Jay Hunter was at it again last night, capturing, for our viewing pleasure, another hot GIF, this time of Kelly Johnson's defensive wizardry in Kansas City.
It was the kind of play
- Arizona Raids Non-Tender Market, Adds Kelly Johnson
After a disappointing season with Atlanta, 27 year old 2B Kelly Johnson was non-tendered and hit the market. In a deal made official on Wednesday, Arizona added Johnson for one year and $2.35M, who
- Two Expert Drafts, Minimal Starting Pitching
and draft strategies, I'm only aiming to give you a look under the hood. I hope you find something actionable.
The FOX league includes writers like Howard Bender, a different Brad Johnson
- The Daily Grind: 4-2-13 - Presented by FanDuel
can snag Kelly Johnson or Brian Roberts.
I'm looking forward to watching Roenis Elias and Jesse Chavez tomorrow. I've seen neither pitcher start and have watched Elias precisely zero times
- The Daily Grind: 4-3-14 - Presented by FanDuel
-handed pitching, but that's a big might here in April.
Erik Johnson will be on the road against the Royals. It's not an easy matchup and I'd rather watch a few of his starts before jumping off
- The Daily Grind: 4-13-14 - Presented by FanDuel
): Chris Johnson isn't your prototypical power hitter, but he does bat cleanup most days and Hernandez is a fine matchup.
Sean Rodriguez and/or Logan Forsythe could be useful against Wei-Yin Chen
- The Daily Grind: 4-20-14 - Presented by FanDuel
And speaking of good stacks, Erik Johnson draws the Rangers matchup in Texas.
My last stack pick is the A's against Brad Peacock. I could go deeper - Roberto Hernandez is in Denver today
- The Daily Grind: 4-22-14 - Presented by FanDuel
Sebastien - four syllables, not three.
It's a Dayan Viciedo day. You could also try Juan Francisco against Chris Tillman.
Kelly Johnson is commonly owned for his
- The Daily Grind: 4-25-14 - Presented by FanDuel
a decent pitcher.
The Rays stack is fantastic tonight against Erik Johnson in Chicago. The weather conditions aren't perfect, but they're good enough for some long balls.
The Brewers also have
- The Daily Grind: 4-26-14 - Presented by FanDuel
, you can continue to exploit Ryan Vogelsong.
Hitters (power): You can try Kelly Johnson against Garrett Richards.
Domonic Brown's ownership is declining. He might be worth a peek against McCarthy
- The Daily Grind: 5-1-14 - Presented by FanDuel
many cookies or tipping his pitches, he might give up a couple more home runs at home today.
A game between Kris Johnson and Red Patterson will produce entirely unexpected results. I'm referring
- The Daily Grind: 5-2-14 - Presented by FanDuel
Johnson, Yangervis Solarte, and any other Yankee who is mildly left-handed should be used.
Jonny Gomes seems to be batting fifth against lefties.
The Royals have been stubborn about playing Mike
- The Daily Grind: 5-5-14 - Presented by FanDuel
Alejandro De Aza is a decent power-speed play tomorrow. He'll face Edwin Jackson.
The bafflingly extended Chris Johnson should start against lefty Tyler Lyons.
- The Daily Grind - 5-13-14 - Presented by FanDuel
. Kelly Johnson and Yangervis Solarte will try to dink one down the line.
Matt Joyce and David DeJesus, come on down.
And while we're at it, let's see Michael Saunders, Justin Smoak, and Brad
- The Daily Grind: 5/14/14 - Presented by FanDuel
ERA contrasts with a 4.26 FIP and 4.46 xFIP.
The Marlins will use right-hander Anthony Desclafani who was acquired in the Reyes-Buehrle-Johnson mega trade. He appears to be a command and control
- The Daily Grind: 5-22-14 - Presented by FanDuel
, cold, but he also hits better as a lefty.
Maybe C.J. Cron will send one long tomorrow.
Kelly Johnson and Yangervis Solarte are worth a look see.
All manner of Cleveland lefties are worth a try
- The Daily Grind: 5-24-14 - Presented by FanDuel
Because you haven't targeted enough Yankees hitters this weekend, whip out the lefties against Andre Rienzo.
Hitters (power): Chris Johnson has a platoon advantage. Too bad he no longer bats
- The Daily Grind: 5-26-14 - Presented by FanDuel
Hitters (power): C.J. Cron Sees a Lefty would make for an interesting children's book if he didn't see so damned many of them.
Kelly Johnson and Yangervis Solarte will have
- The Daily Grind: 5-30-14
If the Rockies are aware of park factors, they'll sit Michael Cuddyer for a day so their all-lefty outfield can play. A start for Corey Dickerson would be nice.
- The Daily Grind: 6-5-14 - Present by FanDuel
of day to try Kelly Johnson or Yangervis Solarte.
Here's the regular posting of Matt Joyce and David DeJesus.
Jonny Gomes will be in the lineup to face Drew Smyly.
Derek Norris mashes
- The Daily Grind: 6-6-14 - Presented by FanDuel
in Arizona tomorrow, which is an actual hitter friendly locale (unlike Atlanta). They're opposed by Wade Miley. I expect fireworks.
Hitters (power): Chris Johnson is probably among your league's available
- The Daily Grind: 6-10-14 - Presented by FanDuel
Very few Atlanta hitters are freely available. Chris Johnson and Dan Uggla are two of them. Andrelton Simmons might be another. In Colorado, I'd consider any and all of them
- The Daily Grind: 6-21-14 - Presented by FanDuel
will get the call versus Tommy Milone.
Maybe Kelly Johnson will lay into a pitch against Tillman. I expected more out of him this season.
Hitters (speed): Leonys Martin sometimes draws top
- The Daily Grind: 7-5-14 - Presented by FanDuel
which is why I recommend taking a share of Seth Smith against Tim Lincecum.
Marcell Ozuna makes for a nice target against Gonzales.
Chris Johnson and Andrelton Simmons are two Braves I might sneak
- The Daily Grind: 7-12-14 - Presented by FanDuel
pure power plays tomorrow.
Eric Campbell should start at first for the Mets. He seems ok in a Dan Johnson sort of way.
Ryan Raburn and Yan Gomes are worth a look against Danks.
- The Daily Grind: 7-18-14 - Presented by FanDuel
with rookie Robbie Ray on the hill.
Dan Johnson, Juan Francisco, and Colby Rasmus look like options against Lewis.
Hitters (speed): Mookie Betts will also start for the Red Sox.
- The Daily Grind: 7-26-14 - Presented by FanDuel
Johnson deserves some consideration for a day.
If Zach Sanders is to be believed, Kendrys Morales is already locked into the cleanup spot for the Mariners.
I popped Conor Gillaspie and Adam Eaton
- The Daily Grind: 7-31-14 - Presented by FanDuel
runs is identical to Turner Field, so you can treat them as you normally would.
Hitters (power): Chris Johnson is probably the only freely available Brave. Maybe Andrelton Simmons.
- The Daily Grind: 8-1-14 - Presented by FanDuel
Fuld, Gerardo Parra, Chris Denorfia, Stephen Drew, Kelly Johnson, and Emilio Bonifacio.
2. Daily DFS
It's all together today. We have a lot of pitchers to stack against
- The Daily Grind: 9-6-14 - Presented by FanDuel
. On the other side of this one is Trevor Plouffe.
Maybe Chris Johnson will do something useful against Hand.
Hitters (speed): I'm going to guess that Dalton Pompey will start and bat second - mostly
- The Daily Grind: Travis, Norris, Davis
value. However, he does strike me as the kind of hitter who could feast on left-handed pitching. He'll see Danny Duffy tomorrow.
Also consider: Justin Ruggiano, Chris Johnson, Trevor Plouffe, Mike
- The Daily Grind: Marisnick, Martinez, Gonzalez
? Even if you don't buy the rebound narrative, he's up against an easy lefty in Stults.
Also consider: Travis Snider, Danny Valencia, Chris Johnson, David Peralta, Garrett Jones
- The Daily Grind: Assets, Locke, Turner
, Yasmany Tomas, Randal Grichuk, Francisco Cervelli, Jung-ho Kang, Kelly Johnson, Danny Valencia, Mike Aviles, Giovanny Urshela
Hitters (speed): Billy Burns hasn't stolen a base since Sunday. He's due
- The Daily Grind: Draft Results, Erasmo, Schoop, DeShields
, Danny Valencia, Eddie Rosario, Nick Markakis, Kelly Johnson, David Freese, Gerardo Parra, Scooter Gennett
Hitters (speed): Delino DeShields Jr. is back to leading off for the Rangers. Aside from
- The Daily Grind: Ross, Cingrani, Piscotty
Velasquez, $5,900 Brian Johnson, $5,000 Joe Ross, or $4,600 Aaron Nola. All prices on FanDuel.
If you're looking for targets, you can't ignore the Coors Field game. It's still Matt Harrison versus Kyle
- The Daily Grind: Trades, Carrasco, Alvarez
, Jim Johnson, and Luis Avilan are expected to bolster the Dodgers roster. Jose Peraza could see time in the playoffs as a pinch runner. Those who expected Peraza to be activated by the Braves right
- The Daily Grind: Adonis, Norris, Iglesias
used Adonis Garcia fairly regularly since trading away Juan Uribe and Kelly Johnson. The 30-year-old has seen his strikeout rate jump from 12 percent in Triple-A to 27 percent in 48 major league plate
- The Daily Grind: Eaton, Buehrle, Cravy
Hicks, Kelly Johnson
Hitters (speed): Burn Billy Burns. The Athletics speed man has cooled down considerably. As a result, his ownership has dropped below 50 percent on Yahoo. Since July 1, he's
- The Daily Grind: Eaton, Salazar, Chi-Chi
Rollins, Shane Victorino, Stephen Piscotty, Khris Davis, Chris Coghlan, Seth Smith, Ryan Raburn, Chris Johnson, Trevor Plouffe
Hitters (speed): Brad Miller has quietly accomplished what was expected
- The Daily Grind: Sleepers, Hi/Lo, Dickey, Holland
Rosario, Aaron Hicks, Jayson Werth, Preston Tucker, Nick Castellanos, Yasmany Tomas, Chris Colabello, Kelly Johnson, Jesus Montero, Didi Gregorius
Hitters (speed): Cesar Hernandez swings best from
- The Daily Grind: Ross, McCullers, Conforto, Sweeney
for when it comes to Michael Conforto. The Mets do bat him towards the bottom of the lineup when he starts. You could ask that he hit third instead.
Also consider: Marlon Byrd, Kelly Johnson, Ben
- The Daily Grind: deGrom, Happ, Miley, Holland
Colabello, Eddie Rosario, Scott Van Slyke, Kelly Johnson, Michael Conforto
Hitters (speed): Rusney Castillo has remained scalding hot. Since his recall in late July, he's hitting .355/.395/.553
- The Daily Grind: Tomlin, Duffey, Holmberg, Kiké
Also consider: Chris Coghlan, Stephen Piscotty, Jake Lamb, Martin Prado, Pedro Alvarez, Scott Van Slyke, Jimmy Rollins, Justin Turner, Ben Paulsen, Kelly Johnson, Michael Conforto, Ryan
- The Daily Grind: Bartolo, Matz, Lorenzen
: Kyle Hendricks, Charlie Morton, Erik Johnson,
Pitchers to Exploit: Michael Lorenzen features suspect command, mediocre stuff, and the peripherals to prove it. His 5.54 ERA is in line with a 5.60
- The Daily Grind: Polanco, Gio, Matz, Stroman
If you're feeling fade-sy, Luis Severino is $7,400 against the Blue Jays. I don't have the stomach for the matchup opposite Price. Erik Johnson ($5,000) is the bargain play.
Stack Targets: Danny
- The Daily Grind: Ottoneu Prospects, Severino, Wood, Moore
GB%, here are today’s top recommendations. Use this link for Jeff's full list.
Jeff's picks filtered into my picks:
Carlos Santana, Jose Ramirez, Chris Johnson v Danny Duffy
Seth Smith, Kyle
- The Daily Grind: Happ, Koehler, Porcello, Napoli
, Justin Bour, Darin Ruf, Jeff Francoeur, Chris Coghlan, Kelly Johnson, Michael Conforto
Hitters (speed): Injuries have force the Giants to bat Alejandro De Aza second. So long as they keep him away
- The Daily Grind: Porcello, Conley, Asher, Dietrich
Mark DeRosa is the better comp.
Also consider: J.T. Realmuto, Dustin Garneau, Wilin Rosario, Danny Valencia, Jonathan Schoop, Logan Forsythe, J.P. Arencibia, Brandon Guyer, Kelly Johnson, Eddie
- The Daily Grind: Bullpen Games, Strasburg, Koehler, Wolf
/.371/.505 line. Wolf isn't the average southpaw.
Also consider: Greg Bird, Logan Forsythe, Brandon Guyer, Trevor Plouffe, Torii Hunter, Kelly Johnson, Michael Conforto, Jonathan Schoop, Steve Pearce
- The Daily Grind: Yahoo Exploit, Moore, Bartolo, Zito, Reds
Utley, Andre Ethier, Ben Paulsen, Justin Morneau, Jonny Gomes, Mike Napoli, John Jaso, Chris Coghlan, Darin Ruf, Aaron Altherr, Michael Conforto, Kelly Johnson, Chris Young
- The Daily Grind: Owens, Peavy, Gutierrez
a 3.21 ERA and 3.73 FIP in 98 innings. The Rockies offer an easy matchup with a good chance for a victory.
Also consider: Marco Estrada, Luis Severino, Erik Johnson, Kyle Hendricks, Roenis Elias
- Marlins Playing Time Battles: Hitters
with more fantasy than real world utility. On contending rosters, replacement level players often get replaced.
Chris Johnson, the other first baseman on the roster, is set up to platoon with Bour. Maybe
- The Daily Grind: DFS, Streamers, and More for April 23
fantastic). If I had a pet aardvark, it might be named Aaron. I'd name my pet human something unctuous like Unctuous Johnson. It doesn't get more unctuous than Unctuous.
But I digress, top
- The Daily Grind: DFS, Streaming, and More for May 4
. Walks (6.75 BB/9) have also been a problem. The Brewers feature several waiver wire bargains tomorrow.
Also consider: Trevor Bauer, Chase Anderson, Henry Owens, Erik Johnson, Collin Rea, Chris Rusin
- The Daily Grind: DFS, Streaming, and More for May 5
, Chris Rusin, Matt Cain, Henry Owens, Alfredo Simon, Robbie Ray, Wade Miley, Erik Johnson, Derek Holland
4. SaberSim Observations
SaberSim Shrugged. If you don't pick deGrom, the projection system
- The Daily Grind: DFS, Streaming, and More for June 10
: Eduardo Rodriguez, Logan Verrett, Matt Shoemaker, Trevor Bauer
Pitchers to Exploit: Erik Johnson joined the National League just in time to debut at Coors Field. Helluva way to welcome a fella
- The Daily Grind: DFS, Streaming, and More for June 11
at Great American Ballpark.
Stack Targets: Chris Young, Wily Peralta, Kyle Gibson, Matt Wisler, Erik Johnson, Mike Wright, Logan Verrett, Straily, Fiers, Rodriguez, Happ, Tyler Chatwood
- The Daily Grind: DFS, Streaming, and More for June 15
consider: Daniel Mengden, Juan Nicasio, Kyle Gibson, Erik Johnson
Hitters (power): I've recommended Jon Jay a couple dozen times without ever saying a word about him. He doesn't actually have power
- The Daily Grind: DFS, Streaming, and More for June 27
consider: Mike Pelfrey, Matt Wisler, John Lamb, Kyle Gibson, J.A. Happ, Eddie Butler, Tim Lincecum, Jon Niese, Ubaldo Jimenez, Erik Johnson, Kendall Graveman
Hitters (power): Petco Park is secretly
- The Daily Grind: DFS, Streaming, and More for June 28
, and CC Sabathia hosting the Rangers.
Stack Targets: Eddie Butler, Erik Johnson, Mike Pelfrey, Kyle Gibson, John Lamb, Scott Feldman, Kendall Graveman, Ubaldo Jimenez, Jon Niese, Tim Lincecum, Albert
- The Daily Grind: Tropeano, Eickhoff, Welington, Jankowski
Also consider: Chris Colabello, Kelly Johnson, Ben Paulsen, Andre Ethier, Enrique Hernandez, Chase Utley, Nolan Reimold, Jonathan Schoop
Hitters (speed): Now that Will Venable has left
- The Daily Grind: Fear, Duffey, Ross, Span
Plouffe, Logan Forsythe, Kelly Johnson, Michael Conforto, Darin Ruf, Jeff Francoeur, Nick Castellanos, Andre Ethier, Jimmy Rollins, Chase Utley
Hitters (speed): Denard Span is back in action. He's
- The Daily Grind: Phillies, Tillman, Finnegan, Davis
Step 4: A veteran in the outfield. While the club has the money to target a Jason Heyward, I'd go an economical route with somebody like Kelly Johnson, Denard Span, Colby Rasmus
- 21 Players Whose Fielding Could Affect Their Fantasy Value
- A Look at Today's Pitchers: 10-5-13
- Continuing Coverage of Joe Kelly, or Kelly's Wild Night
- The Grand Slam That Almost Wasn't
- An Inauspicious Night for Will Middlebrooks
- Select 2013 World Series Moments as Viewed by ChampAdded
- Far East Rumors and Game Theory
- Why Do We Use MPH?
- The Yankees and McCann: A Perfect Match
- The Astros Begin the Long Climb
- Don't Expect Big Changes in Philadelphia
- Did Somebody Screw Up Carlos Gomez's Scouting Report?
- The Phillies Take the Middle Road
- A Data-Centric View on Why the Phillies May Want to Avoid Losing
- The Royals: Curiouser and Curiouser
- The Pitcher Who Did the Most With the Least
- The Rays Need Their Depth Early
- Dodgers Make a Low Risk Investment in Rotation Depth
- The Players' Association May Target Qualifying Offers
- On the New Collision Rules at Home Plate
- Projection Leaderboard Fun Courtesy of ZiPS and Fans
- Pick `Em: Arizona's Shortstop Conundrum
- 2014 Positional Power Rankings: Right Field
- Tough Decisions: Gregory Polanco
- The Marlins First Week Juggernaut
- Long Balls Plaguing Brandon McCarthy
- Scouting Dean Anna as a Pitcher
- Lineup Genius in Cleveland
- Colorado's Canny Outfield Platoon
- The Angels' Reluctant Strike Throwers
- Ottoneu Arbitration: A Guide for 2014
- Domonic Brown Goes Mashing
- B.J. Upton: Living in the Basement