- George Springer: Worthy of Your Mixed-League Love
I'll cut to the chase right from the start: George Springer is worth drafting in mixed re-draft leagues in 2014. Even if he doesn't start the year on the major-league roster, he has the potential
- Scott Strandberg's Bold Predictions For 2014
pitcher in 2014.
3. Jonathan Singleton will hit 20+ home runs in the majors.
George Springer is getting plenty of love from fantasy analysts this offseason, and for good reason. Heck, I wrote about
- The Elusive Clutch Hitter
my sample, sample size and methods.
This next chart summarizes the data shown above:
From Scott Lindholm Stats
As stated above, I was looking for those players who managed
- This Is Why We Can't Have Elite Things - Thoughts From An Expert Auction
Matt Joyce (TB)
Daniel Nava (BOS)
George Springer (HOU)
1. Recognize and react to trends in your auction. I can safely
- The Rise And Fall (And Rise?) Of Jonathan Singleton
Last week, I wrote about George Springer and his complete demolition of minor-league pitching. This week, I'd like to take a look at one of Springer's Triple-A teammates, Jon Singleton. Coming off
- Josh Rutledge Acolytes
George Springer. As I write this, Grossman just struck out to extend his streak of hitless at bats to 24 in a row. That was probably all the incentive you needed to ignore Grossman in fantasy, but he
- Why Not George Kottaras?
the plate over George Kottaras? Has the curmudgeonly Phillip Seymour Hoffman taken over the body of Bob Melvin and ignored the wishes of Brad Pitt Billy Beane who brought in an underrated Kottaras
- George Steinbrenner's Teams
As you likely have already heard, George Steinbrenner died today of a heart attack at the age of 80. Steinbrenner has been a gigantic figure in the baseball world since his purchase of the New York
- Scott Spratt’s 10 Bold Predictions for 2014
a perennial MVP candidate.
2. Scott Kazmir will finish in the top five in ERA among qualified AL starters.
I’m not sure if this qualifies as a trend with a two-year sabbatical
- Easily Consumed Nerd Data from George Springer's Debut
celebrated Houston prospect George Springer's debut, all of them (i.e. all the facts) of the sort which might appeal to those with a soft spot for the scientific method.
1. Over six plate
- Someone Will Get Saves for the White Sox
The team has declared that the closer job will have to be won in Spring Training. Some of the competition will come from a trio of free agent acquisitions. Scott Downs has reached nine saves twice
- Roenis Elias: Seattle's Latest Youth Movement Gamble
and Taijuan Walker on the shelf to open the season, and veteran reclamation project Scott Baker pitching so poorly in March that the Mariners released him, the left-handed Elias finds himself making
- Aaron Hicks: A Lost Cause?
- Coors Field Won't Scare Jonathan Gray
- Andrew Heaney Ready For Prime Time
- Justin Masterson with a Little Help from His Friends
- Pump the Brakes on Nick Castellanos
- David Robertson’s Success(ion)
- Kolten Wong: Quietly Fantasy-Relevant
- Eddie Butler And Colorado's Volatile Rotation
- Matt Wisler's Stock Rises As Padres Pitchers Fall
- Travis d'Arnaud And Overreacting To Small Samples
- An Attempt To Solve The Mystery Of Marcell Ozuna
- The Rays Bullpen May Be the Best in Baseball
- The Sneaky Fantasy Value Of Abraham Almonte
- Don't Ground The Flyin' Hawaiian Just Yet
- The Spring Resurgence Of Michael Pineda
- Getting the Most Out of Your Spreadsheets
- Buy Low on Corey Kluber
- Has Taylor Jungmann Righted The Ship?
- The Elusive Clutch Hitter--Part II
- What If Baseball Playoffs Were Determined By Division Record?
- #KillTheWin, Postseason Style
- The Bill James Hall of Fame--Pitchers
- Songs Not Inspired by George Brett
A story that broke today was, like so many stories during the early off-season, about a young songstress from New Zealand and George Brett. As it happens, the title of the very popular Lorde song
- George Brett Poops Himself
This past weekend at the FanGraphs gathering in Phoenix, Mr. Carson Cistulli stated that he had never seen the George Brett-poops-himself video. I couln't believe it, so I decided to hook him up
- George Plimpton Is Not Impressed by the Atari
of the second gentleman that would drive such a nice guy to such an uncharacteristic furor. That man was none other than the famous author and editor of the Paris Review, George Plimpton.
- George Steinbrenner Passes
George Steinbrenner, perhaps the most famous owner in sports, passed away today. Since I have no personal anecdotes to share, we'll simply stick to the numbers.
He was in his 37th year of owning
- Theo Epstein Loves George Kottaras
2002: Theo Epstein works for the San Diego Padres; Kottaras is selected in the 2002 draft by the Padres.
2006: Theo Epstein, GM of the Red Sox, trades for George Kottaras.
2013: Theo Epstein
- Dodgers Acquire George Sherrill
Ned Colletti couldn’t come up with Cliff Lee so instead, today he adds a different southpaw pitcher in the form of George Sherrill; in the process giving up prospects in the form of third baseman
- Preparing for the George Springer Experiment
Among the brightest of potential stars is 24-year-old George Springer. The former first-round pick ought to debut somewhere in 2014, and Springer is nearly the perfect prospect. He has
- The Royals, George Kottaras, and Cash
Back in March, I wrote about the alleged spring training positional battle story for the Royals' backup catcher spot between George Kottaras. For all of Kottaras' defensive liabilities, it was pretty