- High-End Free Agents: Do They Exist?
- Which Center Fielders Made the Plays that Mattered Most?
- Another Look at Tom Glavine’s Generous Strike Zone
- Gravity (Not the Movie)
- Young Power / What Could Have Been if Miguel Sano Didn’t Need Tommy John Surgery
- Peter O’Brien’s Raw Power: Estimating Batted-Ball Velocities in the Minor Leagues
- Dellin Betances's Jedi Mind Tricks
- Larry Stone Tweets in Klingon
-v @a AQ Awa-AAaaAojKkk— Larry Stone (@StoneLarry) March 18, 2012
To the relaxed and reposed Internetting Gentleman, the Seattle Times' Larry Stone's most recent submission to the public
- Jose Fernandez, Etched in Stone
the mound to a standing ovation, a rousing standing ovation in Miami, Florida, and now Fernandez's season is officially etched in stone. Now we can officially compare his season to other seasons in the past
- Baseballing Figure Makes Rolling Stone List
It appears as if Rolling Stone's list of 50 Funniest People features a baseball icon, fair NotGraphs readers (click to embiggen):
- Please No Kidney Stone Discussion in the Comments
Merely reading the Baseball Think Factory thread about James Shields passing a kidney stone during the ALCS is making me woozy.
I don't watch the videos of gruesome injuries that find
- Steve Stone is Naked, Open to the Possibilities
- The George Springer Who Isn't George Springer
to know who George Springer is.
Who am I kidding, of course you know who George Springer is. He was a first round draft pick. He's been one of the best prospects in baseball for years. He slugged
- Songs Not Inspired by George Brett
A story that broke today was, like so many stories during the early off-season, about a young songstress from New Zealand and George Brett. As it happens, the title of the very popular Lorde song
- George Brett Poops Himself
This past weekend at the FanGraphs gathering in Phoenix, Mr. Carson Cistulli stated that he had never seen the George Brett-poops-himself video. I couln't believe it, so I decided to hook him up
- Highlight in Reverse: George Springer
Because I've been searching for a new theme/writing crutch, I present Highlights in Reverse.
Here's George Springer doing a barrel roll, flipping the ball back the plate, and backpedaling to right
- George Plimpton Is Not Impressed by the Atari
of the second gentleman that would drive such a nice guy to such an uncharacteristic furor. That man was none other than the famous author and editor of the Paris Review, George Plimpton.
- George Steinbrenner Passes
George Steinbrenner, perhaps the most famous owner in sports, passed away today. Since I have no personal anecdotes to share, we'll simply stick to the numbers.
He was in his 37th year of owning
- Domingo Santana as George Springer
, and we dream big.
I'm here to talk about Domingo Santana. But first, I want to talk about George Springer.
There was a point in time that the Houston Astros envisioned an outfield of the future
- George Springer and Maximizing Contact
, people were very worried about George Springer after an underwhelming first couple weeks. Of course, Springer didn't have Encarnacion's track record, and of course, Springer was a rookie getting
- Dodgers Acquire George Sherrill
Ned Colletti couldn’t come up with Cliff Lee so instead, today he adds a different southpaw pitcher in the form of George Sherrill; in the process giving up prospects in the form of third baseman
- Preparing for the George Springer Experiment
Among the brightest of potential stars is 24-year-old George Springer. The former first-round pick ought to debut somewhere in 2014, and Springer is nearly the perfect prospect. He has
- George Steinbrenner's Teams
As you likely have already heard, George Steinbrenner died today of a heart attack at the age of 80. Steinbrenner has been a gigantic figure in the baseball world since his purchase of the New York
- Theo Epstein Loves George Kottaras
2002: Theo Epstein works for the San Diego Padres; Kottaras is selected in the 2002 draft by the Padres.
2006: Theo Epstein, GM of the Red Sox, trades for George Kottaras.
2013: Theo Epstein
- Why Not George Kottaras?
the plate over George Kottaras? Has the curmudgeonly Phillip Seymour Hoffman taken over the body of Bob Melvin and ignored the wishes of Brad Pitt Billy Beane who brought in an underrated Kottaras
- The Royals, George Kottaras, and Cash
Back in March, I wrote about the alleged spring training positional battle story for the Royals' backup catcher spot between George Kottaras. For all of Kottaras' defensive liabilities, it was pretty
- They Can't All Be George Springer
This just in -- George Springer is really good. Like Bryce Harper, Mike Trout, Yasiel Puig, and seemingly a bevy of other players the past few years, Springer is making it look super easy
- George Springer, In Progress
out in my mind, because it stuck out in my mind back then. George Springer neither started the rally nor ended it, but he did keep it alive with the bases empty and the Astros down to their last strike
- Mark DeRosa on the Late George Sauer
This past weekend the New York Times ran an obituary for a 69-year-old former football player named George Sauer. Mr. Sauer was an accomplished wide receiver who made four Pro Bowls. In 1967, he led
- Prospect Watch: George Springer Edition
of the current year); Top-15, the prospect's place on Marc Hulet's preseason organizational list; and Top-100, that same prospect's rank on Hulet's overall top-100 list.
*** George Springer, OF, Houston
- JABO: George Springer, Fastballs, and Effort
It takes a lot of muscle to square up a big fastball. In the case of George Springer, it might also take some relaxation.
Heading into the series that had the Astros in town, I asked hitting
- George Springer: Power and Speed Outfielder
Houston Astros outfield prospect George Springer has some of the loudest tools in the minor leagues. He’s a fantastic athlete with a combination of power and speed that’s rarely found in a player
- Assessing George Springer's Contract Situation
As many should know by now, George Springer is a highly touted and talented player, a huge part of the Houston Astros' future. He has been on the brink of 40 home runs and 40 steals in both 2012
- 2015 Pod Projections: George Springer
decided to take commenter Cason Jolette's (Jason Colette's mysterious brother?) suggestion to discuss former uber prospect, Astros sophomore outfielder George Springer. His coming out party was cut
- Better Arm: Bryce Harper or George Washington?
Your browser does not support iframes.
A popular myth holds that George Washington once threw a silver dollar across the Potomac River. Right-minded people everywhere know the truth, of course
- You Decide: George Bell or Lionel Richie?
-Dot-Dot posited that the blind girl's tender ministrations led not to a loving rendering of Lionel Richie but rather to the determined visage of Blue Jays legend George Bell. I submit into evidence
- Timely GIF: George Springer's Impressive Home Run
, you have a penchant for the most American of sport, then perhaps Astros prospect George Springer can use his line-drive homer and casual bat-flip to help you out with that dust situation
- Renegades Darryl George Strong Finish At The Plate
Hudson Valley, NY -- Hudson Valley infielder Darryl George gave the team a boost at a crucial point.
In his final games, he stayed consistent, giving the playoff-hopeful Renegades a shot
- George Brett, Bo Jackson, and the Finger of Honor
the result of that cause.
What one will find in this photo, after the appropriate measures have been taken, is Hall of Famer George Brett and teammate Bo Jackson, circa 1989, presenting from the lush
- The Story Behind George Brett's Hand-Picked 5-Pack
. 20 against the Rangers.
I'm confused about this hand-picked-ness. Did they literally give George Brett the schedule and tell him to choose the 5 most awesome games of the year
- How Tommy John Surgery Helped George Kontos
Tommy John surgery might have been the best thing that could have happened to George Kontos. In 2009, the Giants' right-hander was in Triple-A for the first time, and he had the kind of stuff
- George Kottaras and John Jaso Walk a Lot
Talk about a pair of unlikely walk champions.
George Kottaras entered the season entrenched as the Milwaukee Brewers’ backup catcher. The Brewers had signed Gregg Zaun during the off-season
- Domingo Santana Is Making the George Springer Adjustment
If George Springer's rookie season was like a breath of fresh air, then last year represented a sigh of relief. The breath of fresh air, because Springer was not only great, but great
- Mock Battle: George Springer vs. Matt Kemp
interest was of George Springer, who I took in the fifth round with the 55th overall pick. Chris Cwik selected Matt Kemp with the next pick, which provides a compelling player for comparison.
- Reviewing 2015 Pod Projections: George Springer
For our third Pod Projection review of the season, I will recap what was predicted and what actually happened for George Springer in his sophomore season. Refresh your memory by checking back on my
- George Springer: Worthy of Your Mixed-League Love
I'll cut to the chase right from the start: George Springer is worth drafting in mixed re-draft leagues in 2014. Even if he doesn't start the year on the major-league roster, he has the potential
- Still Not Buying George Springer In All Leagues?
To some extent, sure, pick up George Springer in all leagues. Dude obviously has power, and he's supposed to have speed, and he's got enough upside to be owned in all leagues. And yet, if you're
- George Springer, Archie Bradley & The Service-Time Dance
The Houston Astros added outfielder George Springer to their major league roster on Tuesday night and batted him second in the lineup in their game on Wednesday against the Kansas City Royals
- The Astros Outfield: Love Me Some George Springer
has to start with one man, George Springer.
Springer started 2014 in the minors but was in the big leagues by mid-April where he racked up 345 PA before a quadricep injury ended his season in early
- Joc Pederson as George Springer as Evolving Juggernaut
Another segue of questionably better quality: he reminds me of George Springer for reasons not entirely surprising.
Springer's a strong kid. So is Pederson, as evidenced by Jeff Sullivan
- George Springer Update GIF: Diving Catch That Just Happened
Generally speaking, the tastes of the vulgar crowd are precisely the sort that ought to be ignored. In the case of George Springer, however -- which Houston Astros prospect is distinctly