- The End of Charlie Morton's Run at History
As of this writing, the Pittsburgh Pirates have a better than one-in-four chance of making the postseason. One of their pitchers, Charlie Morton, was recently placed on the disabled list with hip
- Game Recaps by World Cup Guy: WAS@MIL 6/23
- Locking Up the Second Charlie Morton
, because Halladay simply had one of the best pitcher peaks ever, while Morton's just a guy on a team. But ignore the Halladay angle and it's clear that Morton has turned himself into something, and now he's
- Charlie Morton's Kryptonite
beating Wainwright in St. Louis. To win this game, though, they're going to need a strong performance from Charlie Morton, or at least, several innings that keep the score close before the battle
- Time to Pick Up Charlie Morton in All Leagues?
We haven't been reporting all the Charlie Morton news that's fit to print. Our last update on "mini Roy Halladay" came in mid-June and was for a Deep League Waiver Wire piece. He's advanced a little
- Please Regard This One Guy's Status as an Ubermensch
something of the readership -- namely, to follow the hyperlink within the tweet embedded above and regard how this one guy was acknowledged via social media by championship broadcaster Vin Scully
- Charlie Morton & Carlos Carrasco: Deep League Wire
leads to a surge in strikeout rate. These two pitchers embody this theme perfectly.
Charlie Morton | PIT SP | 3% Owned
About a year after undergoing Tommy John surgery, Charlie Morton
- Sponsor Catch-Phrase Showdown: Mike Shannon vs. That Scott's Guy
- Guy Boucher: The League's Newest Inefficiency
Bay Rays. "I don't make the rules; I just sometimes enforce them."
Two hours before Friday's game, Andrew Friedman of the Rays signed Tampa Bay Lightning coach Guy Boucher to make his major league
- The Houston Astros Disappoint a Guy
. Specifically: I want to talk about Pleased Guy.
(note: all pictures are, as you may have suspected, capable of embiggenation.)
This first picture takes place in the bottom of the first, when
- Batting Stance Guy: Top 10 Traded Stances
Perhaps I am alone in my undue affinity of batting stances (I am not), but allow me to indulge in one of my favorite baseball minstrels, that Batting Stance Guy.
Regard, nerds, not only his flair
- Poll: Who Should Buy Guy Tickets to See Band?
First, the scene-setting Tweet:
And now the urgent query ...
Who should buy this guy tickets to see that shitty band?
Hot Internet call-to-action poll served up hot.
- Guy in John Franco Jersey Looks Like John Franco
- Minor League Guy, The Prequel
(click for reasons related to embiggening)
It's an epidemic. It's also Brandon Inge and a screencap from last year. Minor League Guy, the prequel.
- MLB.com "So Done with Charlie Morton"
Charlie Morton's name.
"What gives?" you're probably thinking -- which, that happens to be the very same question NotGraphs asked of Major League Baseball itself.
"We're just effing bored of him
- Kicking Rocks: That Guy
the part where Dunn decided he couldn't hit anymore. But then, as I was wrapping up my introduction, I got a text that changed my whole plan. You know the text I'm talking about -- the one from that guy
- Charlie Morton's Crazy Platoon Splits
night, I figured we needed to take another look at the guy they call Ground Chuck.
In Morton's last five starts, he has reduced his reliance on his sinker, going from 90% fastballs in his first
- Excellent Interview with Pirate Charlie Morton
Excellent Interview with Charlie Morton
During the pregame show for WPGB's broadcast of yesterday's Dodgers-Pirates game, Bob Walk interviewed Pittsburgh starter Charlie Morton.
- Adam Lind: What's The Deal With That Guy?
- Dead Guy Unites Phillies, Mets
- NL Starting Pitchers: Carlos Zambrano, Kevin Correia, Charlie Morton
once and awhile. If he played for a team other than the Pirates, he would be owned at a much higher rate.
Charlie Morton, Pirates
Another swashbuckler, Morton’s ERA is even more far fetched than
- Charlie Morton's Dilemma
Last year, Charlie Morton had an ERA of 7.57, had a stint on the disabled list, and was bounced from the Pirates rotation and ended up back in Triple-A. This year, he has a 1.64 ERA, is averaging
- Video: Batting Stance Guy Does More Than Batting Stances
Stance Guy makes videos that don't involve, you know, batting stances. But he does.
Check it out. Or, as the kids say, "peep this:"
- Poll: Does This Guy Hate Fun?
this guy hate fun?online survey
I'll add, too, that, like pizza or the Ocean's franchise of films, even the worst baseball-related thing is probably better than most other things this world has
- The New Guy: Tsuyoshi Nishioka
SB -- .282/.362/.343, 2 HR, 41 SB
Figgins remains an strong fantasy option because of the steals, but I see Theriot is more of a role player. A guy to stash on the bench or use when Jose Reyes
- Guess Who's a Member of SABR? This Guy!
- The Best Setup Guy on the Market
, if not better than, the guy who just set the market.
- The Old Guy Discount
2010 WAR: 3.1
Nobody ever believes this guy is going to be good, but the O-Dog always has the ability to put up solid numbers and play good defense. The Twins got a steal for signing Hudson
- Things You Might Not Have Known About Charlie Morton
completely fallen off this year. Pittsburgh got three players in return, though the most major league ready was Charlie Morton. He broke camp in the Pirates' rotation this year, and has been one
- Don't Give Up On...Charlie Morton
The Pittsburgh Pirates thought they had snagged an under-the-radar starter when the club acquired Charlie Morton (along with prospects Jeff Locke and Gorkys Hernandez) in a June 2009 trade
- Charlie Morton and the Buccos' Rotation
Charlie Morton – 2 GS, 9.1 IP, 7.31 FIP
Ross Ohlendorf – 1 GS, 5 IP, 7.03 FIP
(Yes, I know the samples are small. The FIP is there just to illustrate how awful some oe the performances have been
- Sleeper Alert: Charlie Morton
and if his numbers improve against lefties his value can only shoot up.
See how he fares at the start of the season and if you're in need of a starting pitcher Morton could be your guy especially
- Can Markakis Make The Jump to 30-HR Guy?
/FB rate of 19.2 percent while Delgado had a 23.3 percent mark in the category. Markakis had a 12.6 percent rate. If he is going to take the next step and become a 30-homer guy, Markakis will have
- Remember That Volquez Guy?
- Unsung Setup Guy
a guy who could get swings and misses, he's blowing hitters away with increasing frequency, but more importantly, he's now commanding his power fastball/slider combination, walking just three