- Hector Santiago Throws a Screwball
Hector Santiago deserves a full write-up on one fact alone: he throws a screwball. Other than Daniel Herrera -- the short former Red and Met with floppy hair that hasn't seen the majors or minors
- Carlos Gomez's Symbolic Pursuit
Way back at the beginning of May, the Diamondbacks were preparing to play the Brewers, and Kirk Gibson warned his pitchers about Carlos Gomez. He tipped them off about his aggressive tendencies
- GIF: Hector Santiago Throws a Screwgie
It's possible that the screwball Hector Santiago throws is actually not that great of a pitch. It doesn't get a ton of whiffs or grounders, he seems to have lost control of it a bit, there's a chance
- Q&A: Hector Santiago, Screwball Artist
Hector Santiago reads FanGraphs and throws a screwball. The former puts the Chicago White Sox southpaw in the minority among big-league players. The latter makes him quite unique.
- Carlos Gomez Extended -- Will The Power Come With?
Carlos Gomez will be a Brewer for another four years, it looks like.
With 3 year $24 million extension thru 2016 #Brewers have committed 4 years and $28.3 million to Carlos Gomez over next 4
- Nickname Seeks Player: "Gomez's Hamburger"
And the nickname now hanging in the balance? It's "Gomez's Hamburger"!
Denotations, Connotations, Implications, Intimations, and Incriminations:
"Gomez's Hamburger" is the actual name
- Carlos Gomez Changes, Remains the Same
Carlos Gomez looks like a different man these days. Gone is the platoon label. Gone is the no-power speedster label. Gone is the defensive replacement label. At least right now, he seems like a new
- Carlos Gomez Breaks Out, Kinda
Raise your hand if you realized that Carlos Gomez, he of the 25 career home runs over 1,539 at-bats heading into 2012, hit 19 long balls this season. Like many young players, the belief
- Carlos Gomez Fully Breaks Out
Once a speedy, excellent defensive center fielder with questionable offensive skills, Carlos Gomez has made himself into a five category fantasy contributor. And with the value of his glove added
- 2013 Pod Projections: Carlos Gomez
I decided to start this season's series with Carlos Gomez. RotoGrapher Howard Bender analyzed Gomez through the lens of ADP yesterday. After checking out the Bill James and Fans
- Carlos Gomez: Friend & Foe to Animals
As my colleague David G. Temple discovered yesterday, the Twitter account of Milwaukee Brewers CF Carlos Gomez is a veritable visual muse.
In addition to revealing an unlikely friendship
- Carlos Gomez Wants Me Back
was a baseball. And sure enough! It was a baseball! And on it, the head of Carlos Gomez!
Thankfully, not the actual head of Carlos Gomez.The Brewers need him to play centerfield this season!
- Hector Santiago and Fernando Rodney Are Closing Games
Robin Ventura and Joe Maddon made confusing closer situations a bit more clear this weekend, as both have seemingly 'named' temporary closers. Hector Santiago, owner of a nifty screwball
- Hector Santiago Departs the Windy City, Heads to Disneyland
Well not quite. The Angels front office would likely be a bit annoyed if Hector Santiago visited Disneyland during their home games, rather than show up at Angel Stadium. Two weeks ago, Santiago
- Nickname Seeks Player: Vote on "Gomez's Hamburger"
steeped in delusions of enfranchisement, is this: which player should be nicknamed "Gomez's Hamburger"? To the Diebold voting machine/Sybian!
Which player should be nicknamed "Gomez's Hamburger
- Hector Santiago’s Eventual Return to Relevance
The Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim couldn’t have asked for Hector Santiago’s first season with the club to begin much worse. He’d had a good spring, with a 3.63 ERA and a 24:9 K/BB, but he opened 0-6
- Twins acquire SS Hardy for CF Gomez
It didn't take long for the Brew Crew to find a trade partner, as the Minnesota Twins acquired Hardy today in exchange for center fielder Carlos Gomez.
Because of a demotion to the minor
- A (Large) GIF and a Tune: Carlos Gomez and Count Basie
of Carlos Gomez. He's swinging the bat better than he ever has this year, and, of course, is still providing stellar defense. Gomez has 20 HRs this year, but I almost think he should be credited with five
- Podsednik & Gomez: Deep League Waiver Wire
off, he may be a solid three category producer.
Mauro Gomez | BOS 1B | 5% Owned
Gomez is much more of an unknown than Podsednik is, but he has also been the beneficiary of trades and injuries
- Felipe Paulino & Jeanmar Gomez: Deep League WW
upside, he still possesses breakout potential and should even be considered in 12-team mixed leagues.
Jeanmar Gomez | CLE SP | 12% Owned
I have always felt that ground ball pitchers were
- Bargain or Bust: Carlos Gomez and Eric Hosmer
to high, too low or, right where they should be going. In the end, this should help us all when it comes time for our actual drafts.
Carlos Gomez, OF MIL
RotoGraphs Mock Draft Position
- Hot Stove Rumors: Trojans, Greeks in Talks about Hector-Achilles Megatrade
suddenly ramped up the intrigue, with new rumors swirling over a potential "trade of the century" involving the league's two biggest sluggers. Hector and Achilles are both coming off career years
- Daily Notes, Ft. All the Big Hector Santiago Coverage
Table of Contents
Here's the table of contents for today's edition of Daily Notes.
1. Hector Santiago Coverage, Featuring Hector Santiago
2. Action GIFs: Hector Santiago's Changeup vs. His
- Did Somebody Screw Up Carlos Gomez's Scouting Report?
. To my surprise, I found somebody immediately - Carlos Gomez.
Last season, Gomez saw first pitch strikes nearly 69 percent of the time, which was the highest rate among qualified batters
- Bartolo Colon, Carlos Gomez, Johnny Damon: Waiver Wire
back healthy and Colon is forced back to the bullpen, he could still be worth a pickup if you have innings to spare and want to vulture a win every now and again.
Carlos Gomez | 7% | 15%