- Hector Rondon Is Breaking FIP
Sometimes, with metrics like Fielding Independent Pitching, it doesn't even take a digit. It just takes a symbol, and you can stop reading. Like with Hector Rondon, all you have to see is the minus sign
- Hector Olivera as a Player
I wrote the article below before the news that Hector Olivera had been arrested on suspicion of domestic assault. Obviously, if true, those allegations are horrible, and take precedent over any
- Hector Santiago Throws a Screwball
Hector Santiago deserves a full write-up on one fact alone: he throws a screwball. Other than Daniel Herrera -- the short former Red and Met with floppy hair that hasn't seen the majors or minors
- What's Going on with Hector Santiago?
Hector Santiago has historically been the type of pitcher I won't roster in fantasy. The lefty has a track record of smashing his ERA estimators (3.51 ERA for his career compared to a 4.51 FIP, 4.67
- The Complications of Hector Olivera
The situation for Cuban free agent infielder Hector Olivera is still a bit muddled, even though he's now a free agent that may sign any day now. Here's a more complete background with a full scouting
- Carlos Gomez's Symbolic Pursuit
Way back at the beginning of May, the Diamondbacks were preparing to play the Brewers, and Kirk Gibson warned his pitchers about Carlos Gomez. He tipped them off about his aggressive tendencies
- Carlos Gomez is No Longer Elite
Carlos Gomez stunk in 2015. That statement is relative, of course -- Gomez is a good ballplayer, and 2.6 wins above replacement (WAR) in 115 games ain't so shabby -- but for a consensus top-10
- What Happened To Carlos Gomez?
I think we all know what happened to Carlos Gomez. He was hurt. If the frequent injury updates didn't convince you, just look at the Mets who walked away from an all-but-executed trade.
- GIF: Hector Santiago Throws a Screwgie
It's possible that the screwball Hector Santiago throws is actually not that great of a pitch. It doesn't get a ton of whiffs or grounders, he seems to have lost control of it a bit, there's a chance
- Buying or Selling Carlos Gomez
What are you to do with a former fantasy superstar who hasn't lived up to expectations? For some, the answer's easy; Carlos Gomez has already been dropped in over 25% of leagues on both ESPN
- Hector Neris' Nasty Splitter and Sustainability
the way, but the bullpen has been key, as well. No pitcher has surprised more than Hector Neris, who has upped the use of his splitter and gotten fantastic results.
So far this season, Hector Neris
- Q&A: Hector Santiago, Screwball Artist
Hector Santiago reads FanGraphs and throws a screwball. The former puts the Chicago White Sox southpaw in the minority among big-league players. The latter makes him quite unique.
- The Dodgers Already Have Hector Olivera
The Hector Olivera situation is just really strange. As Kiley broke down over the weekend, the market has been saturated with questionable information, and Olivera ended up hiring new representation
- Hector Olivera Will Be An OK 2B Option
to find reasons to dislike Hector Olivera. It's largely because I'm stubborn and would rather die by own fantasy baseball sword than someone else's. But I haven't seen any assessment of Olivera's Cuban
- Carlos Gomez Has a Home in Texas
to the long-term outlook. Enter Carlos Gomez on a one-year deal. It'll be an important year for both parties. Gomez is looking for a pillow season, a chance to re-establish some value in a friendly place so
- Carlos Gomez Extended -- Will The Power Come With?
Carlos Gomez will be a Brewer for another four years, it looks like.
With 3 year $24 million extension thru 2016 #Brewers have committed 4 years and $28.3 million to Carlos Gomez over next 4
- Is Aaron Hicks The Next Carlos Gomez?
The Minnesota Twins dealt Aaron Hicks after parts of three uninspired seasons and I’m sure many of you were like me and thought this could be a case similar to Carlos Gomez. Gomez came up as a Mets
- Carlos Gomez: Man of Many Swings
If I had my way, I would field a team of hitters who can play a variety of positions and contribute steadily across all five fantasy categories. Carlos Gomez meets the second of those conditions. His
- Nickname Seeks Player: "Gomez's Hamburger"
And the nickname now hanging in the balance? It's "Gomez's Hamburger"!
Denotations, Connotations, Implications, Intimations, and Incriminations:
"Gomez's Hamburger" is the actual name
- Carlos Gomez Changes, Remains the Same
Carlos Gomez looks like a different man these days. Gone is the platoon label. Gone is the no-power speedster label. Gone is the defensive replacement label. At least right now, he seems like a new
- Carlos Gomez Breaks Out, Kinda
Raise your hand if you realized that Carlos Gomez, he of the 25 career home runs over 1,539 at-bats heading into 2012, hit 19 long balls this season. Like many young players, the belief
- Carlos Gomez Fully Breaks Out
Once a speedy, excellent defensive center fielder with questionable offensive skills, Carlos Gomez has made himself into a five category fantasy contributor. And with the value of his glove added
- 2013 Pod Projections: Carlos Gomez
I decided to start this season's series with Carlos Gomez. RotoGrapher Howard Bender analyzed Gomez through the lens of ADP yesterday. After checking out the Bill James and Fans
- Carlos Gomez: Friend & Foe to Animals
As my colleague David G. Temple discovered yesterday, the Twitter account of Milwaukee Brewers CF Carlos Gomez is a veritable visual muse.
In addition to revealing an unlikely friendship
- Carlos Gomez Wants Me Back
was a baseball. And sure enough! It was a baseball! And on it, the head of Carlos Gomez!
Thankfully, not the actual head of Carlos Gomez.The Brewers need him to play centerfield this season!
- GIF: Carlos Gomez Not Uncertain About Home Run
As a rule, life is characterized predominantly both by crippling doubt and also other kinds of doubt. Less susceptible to that sort of doubt is Houston outfielder Carlos Gomez, depicted here
- Hector Santiago and Fernando Rodney Are Closing Games
Robin Ventura and Joe Maddon made confusing closer situations a bit more clear this weekend, as both have seemingly 'named' temporary closers. Hector Santiago, owner of a nifty screwball
- What Hector Neris Might Teach Brad Brach
Believe it or not, I actually agonized over how to title this post. Ultimately, I couldn't come up with anything better, not if I didn't want to outright deceive. Because this is a post about Hector
- Projecting the Prospects in the Carlos Gomez Trade
Days after acquiring Scott Kazmir, the Astros went out and bought more players last night. This time around, they acquired Carlos Gomez and Mike Fiers in exchange for four prospects: Brett Phillips
- Hector Santiago Departs the Windy City, Heads to Disneyland
Well not quite. The Angels front office would likely be a bit annoyed if Hector Santiago visited Disneyland during their home games, rather than show up at Angel Stadium. Two weeks ago, Santiago
- Time for Giants to Part Ways with Hector Sanchez
San Francisco Giants backup catcher Hector Sanchez is a ball magnet.
Every single time he plays — and this is no exaggeration — he takes a savage beating behind home plate. Foul tips rock his
- So You Want to Try to Salvage Carlos Gomez
Just about one year ago, the Houston Astros were trying to get to the playoffs, and they decided Carlos Gomez was worth a bushel of pretty good prospects. In the present day, the Astros are again
- Hector Santiago’s Eventual Return to Relevance
The Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim couldn’t have asked for Hector Santiago’s first season with the club to begin much worse. He’d had a good spring, with a 3.63 ERA and a 24:9 K/BB, but he opened 0-6
- Nickname Seeks Player: Vote on "Gomez's Hamburger"
steeped in delusions of enfranchisement, is this: which player should be nicknamed "Gomez's Hamburger"? To the Diebold voting machine/Sybian!
Which player should be nicknamed "Gomez's Hamburger
- Some Justifiable Concerns About Carlos Gomez
It wasn't that long ago that Carlos Gomez was one of the best position players in baseball. From 2013 to 2014, Gomez's 130 wRC+ and excellent center-field defense put him in some very elite company
- Dealing Carlos Gomez in Keeper and Dynasty Formats
In keeper and dynasty leagues, keeping one on the present and the other on the future is the norm. Balancing now with later results in some difficult decisions, and moving a player of Carlos Gomez's
- Twins acquire SS Hardy for CF Gomez
It didn't take long for the Brew Crew to find a trade partner, as the Minnesota Twins acquired Hardy today in exchange for center fielder Carlos Gomez.
Because of a demotion to the minor
- Astros Acquire Acceptably Healthy Carlos Gomez
Here's a trade that's as much about a trade that didn't happen as it is about itself. Yeah, it's independently interesting that the Brewers traded Carlos Gomez to the Astros. It's made all the more
- A (Large) GIF and a Tune: Carlos Gomez and Count Basie
of Carlos Gomez. He's swinging the bat better than he ever has this year, and, of course, is still providing stellar defense. Gomez has 20 HRs this year, but I almost think he should be credited with five
- GIFs: Carlos Gomez Is Easily Startled, Consoled
Carlos "Go-Go" Gomez is easily startled.
All it takes is a sneaky umpire, sidling up to the bag Go-Go's on, and he's like an elephant that sees a mouse (or a squirrel, or some other kind
- Podsednik & Gomez: Deep League Waiver Wire
off, he may be a solid three category producer.
Mauro Gomez | BOS 1B | 5% Owned
Gomez is much more of an unknown than Podsednik is, but he has also been the beneficiary of trades and injuries
- Felipe Paulino & Jeanmar Gomez: Deep League WW
upside, he still possesses breakout potential and should even be considered in 12-team mixed leagues.
Jeanmar Gomez | CLE SP | 12% Owned
I have always felt that ground ball pitchers were
- Effectively Wild Episode 296: Rivera's Farewell/Carlos Gomez's Strange Suspension
Ben and Sam discuss Mariano Rivera's farewell, Carlos Gomez's suspension, and Bud Selig's legacy.
- Bargain or Bust: Carlos Gomez and Eric Hosmer
to high, too low or, right where they should be going. In the end, this should help us all when it comes time for our actual drafts.
Carlos Gomez, OF MIL
RotoGraphs Mock Draft Position
- Hot Stove Rumors: Trojans, Greeks in Talks about Hector-Achilles Megatrade
suddenly ramped up the intrigue, with new rumors swirling over a potential "trade of the century" involving the league's two biggest sluggers. Hector and Achilles are both coming off career years
- Mixing Fantasy and Reality: Duffy, Gomez, and Pineda
What’s left of Carlos Gomez?
Gomez was designated for assignment by the Astros and may end up a free agent soon. He was a top hitter from 2012 to 2014 when he averaged over 20 HR, 35 SB
- Fantasy Implications: Desmond, Gomez, Ramos, & Others
, but I think he will likely be undervalued as his power and speed production could make him similar to Charlie Blackmon.
Texas Rangers sign Carlos Gomez
Gomez’s fantasy value is probably
- Daily Notes, Ft. All the Big Hector Santiago Coverage
Table of Contents
Here's the table of contents for today's edition of Daily Notes.
1. Hector Santiago Coverage, Featuring Hector Santiago
2. Action GIFs: Hector Santiago's Changeup vs. His
- Dodgers Reportedly Throw Money Around, Sign Hector Olivera
Last week, I suggested that the Dodgers don't really need Hector Olivera because they already have something pretty similar in Justin Turner. Obviously, Andrew Friedman and his crew do not agree
- Effectively Wild Episode 710: Hamels, Latos, and Gomez, Oh My
- Did Somebody Screw Up Carlos Gomez's Scouting Report?
. To my surprise, I found somebody immediately - Carlos Gomez.
Last season, Gomez saw first pitch strikes nearly 69 percent of the time, which was the highest rate among qualified batters
- Bartolo Colon, Carlos Gomez, Johnny Damon: Waiver Wire
back healthy and Colon is forced back to the bullpen, he could still be worth a pickup if you have innings to spare and want to vulture a win every now and again.
Carlos Gomez | 7% | 15%
- Effectively Wild Episode 159: The Carlos Gomez Extension and the 2013-14 Free Agent Class
Ben and Sam discuss the Brewers' Carlos Gomez extension and the increasing scarcity of impact free agents.
- Effectively Wild Episode 239: Carlos Gomez and the NL MVP Race/The Cubs and Trading Recently Signed Free Agents
Ben and Sam discuss Carlos Gomez' valuable season and the Cubs' willingness to trade players they recently signed as free agents.