- The Daily Grind: Jim Abbott, Chen, Velasquez, Steve Holt!
Jim Abbott GIF
Daily DFS - Chen
Tomorrow's Targets - Velasquez, Teheran, Blanks, Holt
1. Jim Abbott GIF
Here we have Jim Abbott completing his no-hitter
- Brad Johnson's 10 Bold Predictions
- Another Look at Momentum in October
- The Chicago Cubs and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Junior Lake Season
- Bringing Bill James' Famous Arbitration Case to 2014
- The Unique Path to Success in Oakland
- Brad Johnson Baseball Chat -- 4/3/14
league.12:56Comment From Jay29You only included qualified pitchers in your leaderboard: Villanueva and Jim Johnson also have 2 losses. 12:56Brad Johnson: That's what I get for multi-tasking12:56Brad
- Erik Johnson: Late Round Breakout Candidate
After five respectable outings in 2013, Erik Johnson will begin his rookie campaign as a relative unknown in the fantasy world. This season is just his third as a professional and his quick ascension
- Brad Johnson's 10 Bold Predictions
at RotoGraphs, it is customary to list 10 such bold picks; also Eno ordered me to do so.
1. Erik Johnson will be the second best starting pitcher for the White Sox
Johnson has good stuff
- Some Relievers Who Are Maybe Possibly Good Targets
using lefties in the closer role. He may need to wait out both Jim Henderson and Brandon Kintzler if he is to close this year. Gausman could conceivably win the job outright. Tommy Hunter
- The Orioles Play in the Shallow End of Free Agency
Earlier in the offseason, the Orioles traded incumbent closer Jim Johnson to the Oakland Athletics for second baseman Jemile Weeks. Johnson was expected to earn $10 million in arbitration - a figure
- Jim Henderson Gives Axford the Ax
have no real alternatives. While Brandon Kintzler was excellent last season, his skill set is the type that doesn't typically lead to a closing gig, except for the rare exceptions like Jim Johnson, who
- No Love For Jim Johnson?
and there, but if they're healthy, they've always seemed to slide back into the job. So why, after 101 saves in the past two season....yes, that's right, 101...does Jim Johnson get no love?
I did a mock draft
- The Grand Slam That Almost Wasn't
that plenty of analysts will second guess Jim Leyland's decision to continue to play Cabrera through injury for most of the season.
Having handled two potential rallies while keeping the game
- Concerning Jim Johnson and Groundball Relievers in General
Despite leading the AL in saves, Orioles closer Jim Johnson is having a rough year compared to 2012 when he posted a 2.51 ERA and saved 51 games in 54 opportunities. Early in 2013, an enthusiastic
- Daily Notes: Mostly Ambulant Nick Johnson Retires
Table of Contents
Here's the table of contents for today's edition of the Daily Notes.
1. Assorted Headlines
2. Table: Nick Johnson's Walk Rate in Context
3. Three Images: Venezuelan Winter
- How Much is Jim Johnson Really Worth in Fantasy
Jim Johnson has 42 saves. You own closers for saves. Ipso facto bingo blatto, Jim Johnson is an elite fantasy closer.
-- or --
Jim Johnson has 36 strikeouts in 58.1 innings. The average
- Closers Trending Up: Guerra, Johnson, Marshall
competition. Even so, it looks like he is gaining more and more control of the ninth inning in Los Angeles.
Johnson was another relative uncertainty in the closer role before
- Cubs Sign Reed Johnson; Scrappers Celebrate
On Wednesday morning, the Chicago Cubs came to an agreement for a one-year deal with free agent OF Reed Johnson. The Cubs are no strangers with Johnson -- three of the last four times Johnson has
- GIF: Jim Johnson's Jim Johnson
Because Oriole Jim Johnson plays for the Orioles, there's a strong chance that no one -- perhaps besides his teammates and Buck Showalter and Buck Showalter's grizzled and nameless manservant
- What Is Davey Johnson Doing?
Here's newly minted Nats skipper Davey Johnson!
The discerning discerner will observe that also in this photo is a white orb of cowhide, something known in industry parlance as a "baseball
- Year of the Pitcher?...Think Again
- Jim Thome
Jim Thome hits free agency this offseason, after playing out the last season of his 2003-2008 (with 2009 vesting in 2008) contract. Injuries in Philadelphia and his eventual inability to play
- Recalling Jim Johnson
to the minors and recalled 24-yr old pitcher Jim Johnson. Johnson, a starter in the minor leagues, had made two "audition" starts for the Orioles in 2006 and 2007, racking up the undesirable line of 5 IP