Major League Players
Minor League Players
Blog Search Results
Sort by Date
- Extry, Extry: John Henry Is Not in Your Tax Bracket
Though it contains little in the way of breaking news, Frank Dell'Apa's Boston Globe article about Boston owner John Henry's (pictured right) recent purchase of Liverpool FC does contain some
- Of Turf Artificial and Surface Au Naturel
!, associate fellow John “Peter” Thompson has thoughtfully paraphrased Henry David Thoreau in taking a more moderate and cautious position:
“We cannot adequately appreciate this aspect of nature
- Codpieces and Wetsuits: A Look at MLB's Newest Uniforms
favored by the Germanic tribes that migrated to the Western Roman Empire in the Early Middle Ages, matched with a Juicy Couture cotton T-shirt and a John Deere truckers cap on which are positioned five
- John Paschal Live Chat! -- 4/30/14
John Paschal: Hey, everybody! I will be here at 2:30 Eastern, or, unfortunately, "Private Time Central," to answer all your baseball questions. So fill up the queue and I will see you
- 100 MPH = Tommy John Surgery?
Bruce Rondon is just the latest hard throwing pitcher to need Tommy John surgery (TJS). Besides Rondon, it seems like just about every pitcher who throws over 100 mph ends up needing repairs
- Home-Run Environment And Win-Homer Correlation
- Old Player Premium
- Over and Under-Performances in Baserunning
- Breaking Down The Aging Curve
- Breaking Down the Aging Curve: Early 20s
- Breaking Down the Aging Curve: Mid 20s
- Breaking Down the Aging Curve: Late 20s
- Breaking Down the Aging Curve Some More
- Historic Lack of Positional Development All-Star Team
- Changes ZiPS Believes In
- Home Run Skewness, Babe Ruth, and Maybe PEDs
- Extreme Teams Past and Present
- Oakland is Fine Without Cespedes
- Team Similarity Scores and 2014 Contenders
- A Henry Schulman Tweet, Sans Context
.... Puppies are being shot.— Henry Schulman (@hankschulman) November 12, 2012
Henry Schulman, who covers the baseball Giants for the San Francisco Chronicle, is either finishing an idea
- Henry Cotto Gets Real
- Mustache Watch: A Scowling Henry Blanco
submitted some of what I'll call trademark wisdom).
In this edition of the Watch we encounter a still of Henry Blanco from yesterday's Diamondbacks-Cubs game. Blanco's case is a curious one
- Can John Thorn Finally Erase Abner Doubleday?
Two days ago, Major League Baseball announced that it had hired John Thorn, an author and member of the Society for American Baseball Research, as its official historian. The position had been vacant
- Henry Owens: Stat Line With Silver Linings
Henry Owens' final start of 2012 was a scoreless one. In five innings, the 20-year-old struck out four, allowed eight base runners and a number of hard-hit balls. Minus a run or two, it was a typical
- Q&A: Henry Owens: Red Sox Future Ace?
Henry Owens might be the most intriguing pitching prospect in the Red Sox organization. He may also be the most unique. Drafted 36th-overall last year out of a Huntington Beach, California high
- Signs of the Times: An Anthology of All-Star Activism
In the summer of 1993, with hopes of moving on from the John Bobbitt affair, Americans stopped cringing and began cozying to the Canadian embrace of Proulxian fiction. In reading The Shipping News
- Ask NotNot for Something Something
In addition to the very English and talented Craig Robinson, the editoriat of NotGraphs is pleased also to announce the debut here of John Paschal, who writes additionally for The Hardball Times
- Fun With Shapes: A Fan's Mental Exercise
, then, is that newly signed leftie John Lannan can take on the exact form of Clayton Kershaw – or, ironically, Bartolo Colon.
- Questions and Answers with the Unquestionable Answerman
: This is interesting: During John Axford’s stint with St. Louis last season, Cardinals coaches told the reliever that for the past few seasons he had been tipping his pitches. Do you know of any other player
- Name That Name! A Trilogy (Mercifully) Concluded
: Captain N. Tennille
Jeff Samardzija: Jeff Samarz Samarj Samarzj Smarjd Dammit!
A.J. Pierzynski: Anthony John Pierzynski
Andrew McCutchen: Aristeaus the Cooler
Ryan Dempster: Harry Caray II
- Preseason Picks: Lord Buddha Tabs the Astros
With Spring Training now upon us, and with lab-tested and science-approved psychic John Edward having predicted the imminent onset of predictions, many of our most luminous luminaries
- The Physical Obstacles for Men in Baseball
relativity, the scientist remained steadfast in a hitting approach that emphasized the fundamental curvature of spacetime. And thus did he swing, time after time, eight inches beneath the four-seamer.
- Wronging a Right: Or, How to Play the Game Incorrectly
: Infielder crouches for grounder, fields it, throws to first.
Wrong way: Infielder crouches for grounder, fields it, hoists up the John B’s sail, sees how the mainsail sets, calls for the captain
- Pencils Ready? Here is Today's Pop Quiz
, Cuban free agent Rusney Castillo also considered:
(a) Sergei Rachmaninoff’s Rach Nation Sports.
(b) Johann Sebastian Bach’s Bach Nation Sports.
(c) Doc Severinsen’s Doc Nation Sports.
- Revenue Sharing Deal Cubs Struck with Rooftop Owners Holding Up Wrigley Field Renovations
. In 1885, John Deppert, Jr. constructed a rooftop stand on his barn that overlooked Recreation Park, home to the National League’s Detroit Wolverines, future Hall of Famer Sam Thompson and a rotation
- Out the Wazoo: Anals of Great Baseball Writing
- They Might Also Approve "Emotion"
- Overheard at the Gym: Kershaw's Half of the Convo
- Name That Ballpark! Yep, Here's Your Chance
- Name That Team! Yep, Here's Your Chance
- Retrofitting Baseball to the Winter Olympics: A Brief Proposal
- Mystery Solved, Perhaps: Mystery Team Identified, Maybe
- Post-Kinsler, Darvish Adds Pitch to Repertoire
- A New Party Platform: Actual, Visible, Actual Change
- A Spring Training Report from Toots Delvecchio
- Home Runs I've Conceited: A Counterpoint, Kind Of
- The Straight (and Quick!) Poop on American Invention
- Season's Greetings! Opening Day as National Holiday
- A Question of Strategic Positioning
- The Cruelest Cuts of All: A Carson Cistulli Story
- Running the Databases: An Intelligence Exercise
- Chafe Wazoo, et al: A Compendium of Cleveland Candidates
- Blogger Reaches Milestone, Blogs About It
- Puig Derangement Syndrome, etc.: The Clinical Descriptions
- The Difference Between Unwrite and Wrong
- Mortal Combat: Ron Washington's New, Injury-Proof Lineup
- Night in the Forest: A Pine Tar Parable
- Blogger Embraces Statistics, Statistics Totally Hug Him Back
- Featured: A Hard-Hitting Report on a Hard-Hitting Player
- A Handy Primer to Papi Culture
- Fifteen Mostly Modest Proposals For Speeding Up the Game
- Yes We Cannibal: Free Speech in the Age of Olivo
- Post-Nuñez, the Travel Channel Scores a Winner!
- Position Changes: Or, Renaming 1 Through 9 (Plus Bonus DH!)
- Three Untrue Outcomes: A Personal Inventory
- NotNews of the Weird: Or, News of the Weirder
- An Open Letter to the Shirtless Man
- The Dialogues: Studies in Ballyard Discourse
- A's Get Pitcher at Dollar General, Sweep Series
- Occupational Hazards of Writing for a Hii-larious Baseball Blog
- Uncle Cletus Goes to a Ballgame
- The Ups and, Yes, the Downs of Baseball
- Ten Things You Probably Didn't Know About Jose Abreu
- Must-$ee Clickbait: A Lucrative NotGraphs $lideshow
- Our Heavenly Constellations: The REAL All-Star Teams!
- This Eggnog Will Expire in Three Minutes
- Humbled and Honored: My Hall of Fame Acceptance Speech
- One Thing You Probably Already Knew About Jose Altuve
- Big TV Reaches Agreement with Yankees, Red Sox, God
- eBay's 5 Most Marvelous and Currently Unavailable Ballcaps
- The Sounds of Silence: Or, the Royals' Greatest Hits
- Less Than 48 Seconds 'Til the InstaGraphs Boston Meetup!
- On-field Ads: The Next Big Thing, For Real
- From NutGraphs to KnotGraphs: A Look at Potential Sponsors
- Proposed: New Gestures For Those in Need of New Gestures
- A Day in the Year 1915, in 2015
- Merkle’s Boner and False Imprisonment
- Baseball's Most Ridiculous Patented Equipment
- The Untold Story of Roberto Clemente's Plane Crash Litigation
- John Smiley Is Not
Walk relinquished an uninteresting 3.27 per nine, and figures like Prince Fielder, Homer Bush and Josh Outman have provided equally false advertising.
So, too, seems to be the case for John Smiley