Sort by Date
- Extry, Extry: John Henry Is Not in Your Tax Bracket
Though it contains little in the way of breaking news, Frank Dell'Apa's Boston Globe article about Boston owner John Henry's (pictured right) recent purchase of Liverpool FC does contain some
- Revenue Sharing Deal Cubs Struck with Rooftop Owners Holding Up Wrigley Field Renovations
. In 1885, John Deppert, Jr. constructed a rooftop stand on his barn that overlooked Recreation Park, home to the National League’s Detroit Wolverines, future Hall of Famer Sam Thompson and a rotation
- Merkle’s Boner and False Imprisonment
- Baseball's Most Ridiculous Patented Equipment
- A Henry Schulman Tweet, Sans Context
.... Puppies are being shot.— Henry Schulman (@hankschulman) November 12, 2012
Henry Schulman, who covers the baseball Giants for the San Francisco Chronicle, is either finishing an idea
- Henry Cotto Gets Real
- Mustache Watch: A Scowling Henry Blanco
submitted some of what I'll call trademark wisdom).
In this edition of the Watch we encounter a still of Henry Blanco from yesterday's Diamondbacks-Cubs game. Blanco's case is a curious one
- Can John Thorn Finally Erase Abner Doubleday?
Two days ago, Major League Baseball announced that it had hired John Thorn, an author and member of the Society for American Baseball Research, as its official historian. The position had been vacant
- Henry Owens: Stat Line With Silver Linings
Henry Owens' final start of 2012 was a scoreless one. In five innings, the 20-year-old struck out four, allowed eight base runners and a number of hard-hit balls. Minus a run or two, it was a typical
- Q&A: Henry Owens: Red Sox Future Ace?
Henry Owens might be the most intriguing pitching prospect in the Red Sox organization. He may also be the most unique. Drafted 36th-overall last year out of a Huntington Beach, California high