Major League Players
Minor League Players
Blog Search Results
Sort by Date
- John Mayberry Jr's Strikeout Rate
John Mayberry started the season in AAA for the Phillies and eventually got the call to the majors. He has been a pleasant surprise by hitting 15 home runs in only 275 PA. He had shown power
- Chris Parmelee & John Mayberry: Deep League Wire
for much more power than he has shown. But, his BABIP should rise a bit given a solid batted ball profile and increased playing time should boost all his counting stats.
John Mayberry | PHI 1B
- Belt & Mayberry: Sleepers Who Remained In a Slumber
a sleeper. Brandon Belt and John Mayberry were two popular choices for the latter category, but unfortunately, they remained in a slumber all season. Based on Zach Sanders' magical formula, Belt
- John Paschal Live Chat! -- 4/30/14
John Paschal: Hey, everybody! I will be here at 2:30 Eastern, or, unfortunately, "Private Time Central," to answer all your baseball questions. So fill up the queue and I will see you
- Of Turf Artificial and Surface Au Naturel
!, associate fellow John “Peter” Thompson has thoughtfully paraphrased Henry David Thoreau in taking a more moderate and cautious position:
“We cannot adequately appreciate this aspect of nature
- Signs of the Times: An Anthology of All-Star Activism
In the summer of 1993, with hopes of moving on from the John Bobbitt affair, Americans stopped cringing and began cozying to the Canadian embrace of Proulxian fiction. In reading The Shipping News
- Ask NotNot for Something Something
In addition to the very English and talented Craig Robinson, the editoriat of NotGraphs is pleased also to announce the debut here of John Paschal, who writes additionally for The Hardball Times
- Fun With Shapes: A Fan's Mental Exercise
, then, is that newly signed leftie John Lannan can take on the exact form of Clayton Kershaw – or, ironically, Bartolo Colon.
- Questions and Answers with the Unquestionable Answerman
: This is interesting: During John Axford’s stint with St. Louis last season, Cardinals coaches told the reliever that for the past few seasons he had been tipping his pitches. Do you know of any other player
- Name That Name! A Trilogy (Mercifully) Concluded
: Captain N. Tennille
Jeff Samardzija: Jeff Samarz Samarj Samarzj Smarjd Dammit!
A.J. Pierzynski: Anthony John Pierzynski
Andrew McCutchen: Aristeaus the Cooler
Ryan Dempster: Harry Caray II
- Preseason Picks: Lord Buddha Tabs the Astros
With Spring Training now upon us, and with lab-tested and science-approved psychic John Edward having predicted the imminent onset of predictions, many of our most luminous luminaries
- The Physical Obstacles for Men in Baseball
relativity, the scientist remained steadfast in a hitting approach that emphasized the fundamental curvature of spacetime. And thus did he swing, time after time, eight inches beneath the four-seamer.
- Wronging a Right: Or, How to Play the Game Incorrectly
: Infielder crouches for grounder, fields it, throws to first.
Wrong way: Infielder crouches for grounder, fields it, hoists up the John B’s sail, sees how the mainsail sets, calls for the captain
- Pencils Ready? Here is Today's Pop Quiz
, Cuban free agent Rusney Castillo also considered:
(a) Sergei Rachmaninoff’s Rach Nation Sports.
(b) Johann Sebastian Bach’s Bach Nation Sports.
(c) Doc Severinsen’s Doc Nation Sports.
- Codpieces and Wetsuits: A Look at MLB's Newest Uniforms
favored by the Germanic tribes that migrated to the Western Roman Empire in the Early Middle Ages, matched with a Juicy Couture cotton T-shirt and a John Deere truckers cap on which are positioned five
- Revenue Sharing Deal Cubs Struck with Rooftop Owners Holding Up Wrigley Field Renovations
. In 1885, John Deppert, Jr. constructed a rooftop stand on his barn that overlooked Recreation Park, home to the National League’s Detroit Wolverines, future Hall of Famer Sam Thompson and a rotation
- Out the Wazoo: Anals of Great Baseball Writing
- They Might Also Approve "Emotion"
- Overheard at the Gym: Kershaw's Half of the Convo
- Name That Ballpark! Yep, Here's Your Chance
- Name That Team! Yep, Here's Your Chance
- Retrofitting Baseball to the Winter Olympics: A Brief Proposal
- Mystery Solved, Perhaps: Mystery Team Identified, Maybe
- Post-Kinsler, Darvish Adds Pitch to Repertoire
- A New Party Platform: Actual, Visible, Actual Change
- A Spring Training Report from Toots Delvecchio
- Home Runs I've Conceited: A Counterpoint, Kind Of
- The Straight (and Quick!) Poop on American Invention
- Season's Greetings! Opening Day as National Holiday
- A Question of Strategic Positioning
- The Cruelest Cuts of All: A Carson Cistulli Story
- Running the Databases: An Intelligence Exercise
- Chafe Wazoo, et al: A Compendium of Cleveland Candidates
- Blogger Reaches Milestone, Blogs About It
- Puig Derangement Syndrome, etc.: The Clinical Descriptions
- The Difference Between Unwrite and Wrong
- Mortal Combat: Ron Washington's New, Injury-Proof Lineup
- Night in the Forest: A Pine Tar Parable
- Blogger Embraces Statistics, Statistics Totally Hug Him Back
- Featured: A Hard-Hitting Report on a Hard-Hitting Player
- A Handy Primer to Papi Culture
- Fifteen Mostly Modest Proposals For Speeding Up the Game
- Yes We Cannibal: Free Speech in the Age of Olivo
- Post-Nuñez, the Travel Channel Scores a Winner!
- Position Changes: Or, Renaming 1 Through 9 (Plus Bonus DH!)
- Three Untrue Outcomes: A Personal Inventory
- NotNews of the Weird: Or, News of the Weirder
- An Open Letter to the Shirtless Man
- The Dialogues: Studies in Ballyard Discourse
- A's Get Pitcher at Dollar General, Sweep Series
- Occupational Hazards of Writing for a Hii-larious Baseball Blog
- Uncle Cletus Goes to a Ballgame
- The Ups and, Yes, the Downs of Baseball
- Ten Things You Probably Didn't Know About Jose Abreu
- Must-$ee Clickbait: A Lucrative NotGraphs $lideshow
- Our Heavenly Constellations: The REAL All-Star Teams!
- This Eggnog Will Expire in Three Minutes
- Humbled and Honored: My Hall of Fame Acceptance Speech
- One Thing You Probably Already Knew About Jose Altuve
- Big TV Reaches Agreement with Yankees, Red Sox, God
- eBay's 5 Most Marvelous and Currently Unavailable Ballcaps
- The Sounds of Silence: Or, the Royals' Greatest Hits
- Less Than 48 Seconds 'Til the InstaGraphs Boston Meetup!
- On-field Ads: The Next Big Thing, For Real
- Merkle’s Boner and False Imprisonment
- Baseball's Most Ridiculous Patented Equipment
- The Untold Story of Roberto Clemente's Plane Crash Litigation