- NotGraphs Longform: The Story From Those Story Ideas Part 2
-World War II Roster
1B Long John Reilly (1880-1891)
2B Benny Bowcock (1903)
SS Jack Glasscock (1879-1895)
3B Butts Wagner (1898)
LF Heinie Manush (1923-1939)
CF Steamer Flanagan
- NotGraphs Longform: The Story From Those Story Ideas
loft, which he had purchased with profits from his three-part series, “Have We Seen The Last 300-Game Winner?”, the writer John Paschal reaches out and, with the fiery tip of his Cuban cigar, pops
- Introducing the First (And Last) Notty Awards
(And Last) Notty Awards.
Exit through the gift shop.
Best Writer Of A Post About The First And Last Notty Awards
Best Editor Of A Post About First And Lust Notty Awards
- Signs of the Times: An Anthology of All-Star Activism
In the summer of 1993, with hopes of moving on from the John Bobbitt affair, Americans stopped cringing and began cozying to the Canadian embrace of Proulxian fiction. In reading The Shipping News
- John Paschal Live Chat! -- 4/30/14
John Paschal: Hey, everybody! I will be here at 2:30 Eastern, or, unfortunately, "Private Time Central," to answer all your baseball questions. So fill up the queue and I will see you
- Of Turf Artificial and Surface Au Naturel
!, associate fellow John “Peter” Thompson has thoughtfully paraphrased Henry David Thoreau in taking a more moderate and cautious position:
“We cannot adequately appreciate this aspect of nature
- Fun With Shapes: A Fan's Mental Exercise
, then, is that newly signed leftie John Lannan can take on the exact form of Clayton Kershaw – or, ironically, Bartolo Colon.
- Questions and Answers with the Unquestionable Answerman
: This is interesting: During John Axford’s stint with St. Louis last season, Cardinals coaches told the reliever that for the past few seasons he had been tipping his pitches. Do you know of any other player
- Ask NotNot for Something Something
In addition to the very English and talented Craig Robinson, the editoriat of NotGraphs is pleased also to announce the debut here of John Paschal, who writes additionally for The Hardball Times
- Means By Which John McGraw Reached Base
As a nation rages over the definition of sportsmanship and whether smiling is included in such, it's natural to reflect on the wisdom of John McGraw. Once, in the dark pre-internet ages
- Classic F__king Brawls: A Leisured McGraw-Era Beating
, these are two New York Giants -- John McGraw MenTM -- in the process of a skylarking annihilation of what's surely a high-ranking member of a besoiled foreign horde. For a time -- during the biting
- Tug McGraw Had a Fresh Face and Did Not Nap
, the slide toward the grave has begun. Sleep is for those who are in on the joke and have figured out it is not funny but rather horrifying down to our decomposing bones.
And then there is Tug McGraw
- John McGraw Is Grateful for the Silver Decanter, Baby Leopard
in his memory. That right-wise John McGraw, he was a Great Man of History!
The lesson, lads? One does not simply walk into Mordor. Unless one is John McGraw.
H/T: The lot of you, really.