Major League Players
Minor League Players
Blog Search Results
Sort by Relevancy
- Humbled and Honored: My Hall of Fame Acceptance Speech
- Must-$ee Clickbait: A Lucrative NotGraphs $lideshow
- This Eggnog Will Expire in Three Minutes
- Signs of the Times: An Anthology of All-Star Activism
In the summer of 1993, with hopes of moving on from the John Bobbitt affair, Americans stopped cringing and began cozying to the Canadian embrace of Proulxian fiction. In reading The Shipping News
- Our Heavenly Constellations: The REAL All-Star Teams!
- Uncle Cletus Goes to a Ballgame
- The Ups and, Yes, the Downs of Baseball
- Ten Things You Probably Didn't Know About Jose Abreu
- Occupational Hazards of Writing for a Hii-larious Baseball Blog
- A's Get Pitcher at Dollar General, Sweep Series
- The Dialogues: Studies in Ballyard Discourse
- An Open Letter to the Shirtless Man
- NotNews of the Weird: Or, News of the Weirder
- Three Untrue Outcomes: A Personal Inventory
- Pencils Ready? Here is Today's Pop Quiz
, Cuban free agent Rusney Castillo also considered:
(a) Sergei Rachmaninoff’s Rach Nation Sports.
(b) Johann Sebastian Bach’s Bach Nation Sports.
(c) Doc Severinsen’s Doc Nation Sports.
- Wronging a Right: Or, How to Play the Game Incorrectly
: Infielder crouches for grounder, fields it, throws to first.
Wrong way: Infielder crouches for grounder, fields it, hoists up the John B’s sail, sees how the mainsail sets, calls for the captain
- Position Changes: Or, Renaming 1 Through 9 (Plus Bonus DH!)
- The Physical Obstacles for Men in Baseball
relativity, the scientist remained steadfast in a hitting approach that emphasized the fundamental curvature of spacetime. And thus did he swing, time after time, eight inches beneath the four-seamer.
- Post-Nuñez, the Travel Channel Scores a Winner!
- Yes We Cannibal: Free Speech in the Age of Olivo
- Fifteen Mostly Modest Proposals For Speeding Up the Game
- A Handy Primer to Papi Culture
- Featured: A Hard-Hitting Report on a Hard-Hitting Player
- Blogger Embraces Statistics, Statistics Totally Hug Him Back
- The Straight (and Quick!) Poop on American Invention
- Mortal Combat: Ron Washington's New, Injury-Proof Lineup
- Night in the Forest: A Pine Tar Parable
- John Paschal Live Chat! -- 4/30/14
John Paschal: Hey, everybody! I will be here at 2:30 Eastern, or, unfortunately, "Private Time Central," to answer all your baseball questions. So fill up the queue and I will see you
- Blogger Reaches Milestone, Blogs About It
- The Difference Between Unwrite and Wrong
- Puig Derangement Syndrome, etc.: The Clinical Descriptions
- Running the Databases: An Intelligence Exercise
- Home Runs I've Conceited: A Counterpoint, Kind Of
- Chafe Wazoo, et al: A Compendium of Cleveland Candidates
- The Cruelest Cuts of All: A Carson Cistulli Story
- A New Party Platform: Actual, Visible, Actual Change
- Season's Greetings! Opening Day as National Holiday
- A Spring Training Report from Toots Delvecchio
- A Question of Strategic Positioning
- Name That Name! A Trilogy (Mercifully) Concluded
: Captain N. Tennille
Jeff Samardzija: Jeff Samarz Samarj Samarzj Smarjd Dammit!
A.J. Pierzynski: Anthony John Pierzynski
Andrew McCutchen: Aristeaus the Cooler
Ryan Dempster: Harry Caray II
- Post-Kinsler, Darvish Adds Pitch to Repertoire
- Mystery Solved, Perhaps: Mystery Team Identified, Maybe
- Preseason Picks: Lord Buddha Tabs the Astros
With Spring Training now upon us, and with lab-tested and science-approved psychic John Edward having predicted the imminent onset of predictions, many of our most luminous luminaries
- Retrofitting Baseball to the Winter Olympics: A Brief Proposal
- Name That Team! Yep, Here's Your Chance
- Overheard at the Gym: Kershaw's Half of the Convo
- Name That Ballpark! Yep, Here's Your Chance
- Of Turf Artificial and Surface Au Naturel
!, associate fellow John “Peter” Thompson has thoughtfully paraphrased Henry David Thoreau in taking a more moderate and cautious position:
“We cannot adequately appreciate this aspect of nature
- They Might Also Approve "Emotion"
- Out the Wazoo: Anals of Great Baseball Writing
- Fun With Shapes: A Fan's Mental Exercise
, then, is that newly signed leftie John Lannan can take on the exact form of Clayton Kershaw – or, ironically, Bartolo Colon.
- Questions and Answers with the Unquestionable Answerman
: This is interesting: During John Axford’s stint with St. Louis last season, Cardinals coaches told the reliever that for the past few seasons he had been tipping his pitches. Do you know of any other player
- Ask NotNot for Something Something
In addition to the very English and talented Craig Robinson, the editoriat of NotGraphs is pleased also to announce the debut here of John Paschal, who writes additionally for The Hardball Times
- The Untold Story of Roberto Clemente's Plane Crash Litigation
- Baseball's Most Ridiculous Patented Equipment
- Revenue Sharing Deal Cubs Struck with Rooftop Owners Holding Up Wrigley Field Renovations
. In 1885, John Deppert, Jr. constructed a rooftop stand on his barn that overlooked Recreation Park, home to the National League’s Detroit Wolverines, future Hall of Famer Sam Thompson and a rotation
- Merkle’s Boner and False Imprisonment
- The Feast of Ward the Incredibly Eligible
order of Whimsy.
Life: John Montgomery Ward has at least half-a-dozen claims to baseballing fame. With the exception of Babe Ruth, he's probably the most successful two-way player ever, posting
- Can Magic Wandy, Astros Ward Off Father Time?