Sort by Date
- The Rise And Fall (And Rise?) Of Jonathan Singleton
Last week, I wrote about George Springer and his complete demolition of minor-league pitching. This week, I'd like to take a look at one of Springer's Triple-A teammates, Jon Singleton. Coming off
- Jonathan Singleton, Jarred Cosart to AL: Prospect Chatter
1) Jonathan Singleton, 1B/OF
2) Jarred Cosart, RHP
3) George Springer, OF
4) Jonathan Villar, SS
5) Paul Clemens, RHP
6) Domingo Santana, OF
7) Brett Oberholtzer, LHP
8) Delino DeShields
- Prospect Impact: Singleton, Rendon and Olt
Jonathan Singleton suspended 50 games by MLB for violating drug policy
This infringement was actually Singleton's second, hence the 50-game ban. To clarify, the 21-year-old lefty
- Effectively Wild Episode 462: The Singleton Extension and the Franchise Player Draft
Ben and Sam discuss Jonathan Singleton's extension and promotion, then dissect the first round of ESPN's Franchise Player Draft.
- Poll: Home Run Seeks Hashtag -- Jon Singleton
to the fullest. Can't stop, won't stop.
This is the case for Jonathan Singleton. His MLB career is one day old, but he already has a major league home run under his belt. That's one home run wasted without
- Feasting on Garbage: Early Strength of Schedule and Team Offense
to be less so, when you properly weight the skills of the opponents who allowed those results to come about.
Follow Jonathan on Twitter @bachlaw.
Jonathan writes a weekly column about the Brewers
- Rebuilding on a Crash Diet: The Brewers and a Calamitous May
- Does Your Team Have a Winning Core? Profiling Sustainable Roster Construction
- The “Exceptional” Kyle Lohse
- The Singleton Pattern
Wong, Nick Castellanos, Travis d’Arnaud, Scooter Gennett, Marwin Gonzalez, Mike Zunnino, Yasmani Grandal, and Jon Singleton.
As Eno points out, this is a group of striplings (average age 23
- Jason Hammel and the Oddity of ERA
- Jon Singleton's Understandable Leap
For the Astros, Jon Singleton can be bad, and better than what the team has been running out there. To date, Astros first basemen have combined to be worth -1.0 WAR, worst in baseball by most
- The Resurgent Jon Singleton
In January, I wrote about my optimism regarding Jon Singleton. Coming off a disastrous 2013 season in which he slashed just .220/.340/.347 in Triple-A, he has rebounded in a way that should find him
- Singleton Said What?
walks away with an extreme understanding of the subject. Or maybe the opposite. I can't remember. Anyways, the analyst was Chris Singleton, whom I actually feel has the best presence on-screen
- Q&A: Ken Singleton
Ken Singleton is among the most underrated players of his era. The former Expo and Oriole finished in the top 10 in OBP nine times from 1973 to 1983 — topping the .400 mark four times, and seven
- Reviewing Jon Singleton's Contract One Year Later
One year ago, Jon Singleton was a consensus Top-100 prospect. Eleven months ago, he was making around $8,000 per month in Triple-A. Ten months ago, he was was promoted to the majors where the Major
- Jonathan Papeldone?
Nearly five seasons ago, Jonathan Papelbon was awarded a $6.25M figure in arbitration, which at the time, was the largest deal in history awarded to a closer in the first year of arbitration
- Astros Officially Create the Sign-and-Promote with Jon Singleton
, with first base prospect Jon Singleton, the Astros have now codified the first deal that officially includes a Major League call-up as part of the package.
According to Jeff Passan of Yahoo
- Relative Waiver Wire: Jon Singleton, Mike Fiers
Singleton, Houston Astros
Ownership: CBS 58% | Yahoo! 17% | ESPN 19.4%
Houston hitting coach John Mallee has worked with the club’s left-handed first baseman, who had largely struggled since his