- Line Drive Oddities: David Freese and Josh Donaldson
last is the leading All-Star vote getter at the hot corner in Josh Donaldson, who has a 6% line drive rate over the last month. Six percent. If that didn't surprise enough, at the top of this list
- John Axford: the Cardinals’ newest reclamation project
- Q&A: Josh Bell, Pirates Outfield Prospect
Two years ago, Josh Bell did the unexpected. He signed with the Pittsburgh Pirates. The Bucs boldly drafted Bell in the second round, despite his proclamation — through a letter to all 30 teams
- Heath Bell's Return To Dominance
With J.J. Putz's elbow hurting, the Diamondbacks have turned to Heath Bell in the closer's role. Tuesday night against Atlanta, Heath Bell converted his fifth save in six last-inning save
- A Very Merry Christmas From Heath Bell
Merry Christmas from Heath Bell and NotGraphs!
- Another Hypothetical Heath Bell Deal
of the major imperfections is the performance of high-priced reliever Heath Bell.
Signed to a lucrative three-year deal this offseason, Bell was supposed to help transform the Marlins
- Can Heath Bell Be Trusted?
You'd have been hard-pressed this offseason to find an unbiased observer who didn't think that the three-year, $27 million contract that the Marlins handed to closer Heath Bell was foolish. (In fact
- Josh Bell and Steve Lombardozzi: Waiver Wire
wire just waiting to be claimed.
Josh Bell, ARI |3B| Ownership: ESPN - 0.5% Yahoo - 1.0%
Right on the heels of my last Kicking Rocks piece which clamored for Bell's call-up, the Diamondbacks
- MLB TeeVee: Saved By Heath Bell
This is the fourth in a series of short excerpts from MLB Network's entirely imaginary new fall sitcoms. More details here.
Today's show: SAVED BY HEATH BELL
- Where Are Heath Bell's Whiffs?
Heath Bell was just one strike away from getting the second out in the ninth Thursday in New York. Bell was in just another jam, the fourth time in seven outings this season at least three
- Explaining the Command Disconnect
- Do Better Pitchers Actually Have Better Command?
- Commanding the Zone
- Spring Training in September
- Marlins Reel In Heath Bell
in principle to a three-year deal (with an option for a fourth year) with free-agent reliever Heath Bell, using him to replace Oviedo, who they mean to non-tender.
Bell’s 2011 season has been the subject
- How Good Is Matt Garza?
- Beating the Defensive Shift
- Heath Bell and Park Effects
When Carson Cistulli asked the collective crowd of FanGraphs readers what they thought Heath Bell would receive as a free agent this winter, they picked out 2.8 years and an annual average value
- Best Rotation Ever? Best. Rotation. Ever.
- Prince's Improved Approach at the Plate
- Breaking Down Stolen Base Break-Even Points
- Anatomy of the $100 Million Contract
- Respect, Measured
- Exploring Pitching Tendencies
- Zack Greinke and Pitch Sequences
- Ivan Nova - An Uncommon Rule 5 Story
cite are the cases like Johan Santana, Joakim Soria and Josh Hamilton — where players went on to become valuable pieces for their new teams. But when do Rule 5 players become successes after being
- Matt Cain, Destroyer of DIPS
- Santos' Swift Slider
- Bell, Pena Staying Put
Heath Bell and Carlos Pena were each claimed on waivers earlier this week, though it appears that neither player will be moving.
The Giants claimed Bell, most likely to bolster their bullpen
- Bell Might Not Be Antidote for Rangers' 'Pen
months, it still remains the team weakness... perhaps the team’s only weakness. As such the Rangers have been linked to both Heath Bell and Mike Adams as potential bullpen reinforcements, though
- A Pitch F/X Look at Cliff Lee
- Carsten Groundball Sabathia
- Heath Bell Takes Another Step Forward
Nobody should be particularly surprised that Heath Bell is having another excellent season as the Padres closer. This is Bell's fourth year as a Padres reliever, and in his worst year prior to 2010
- Recent Promotions: Josh Bell
will be clear for top prospect Josh Bell to get regular playing time for the O's.
Bell was up with Baltimore earlier this month (a clean .200/.200/.200 batting line in 15 PA) before going back down
- Promotion: Josh Bell
Baltimore Orioles placed DH/OF Luke Scott (left hamstring) on the DL; recalled 3B Joshua Bell from Triple-A Norfolk.
It's unclear at this point how long Bell will be in the majors -- Felix Pie
- Joshua Bell Promoted
When the Orioles acquired Joshua Bell (along with Steve Johnson) in exchange for George Sherrill, it seemed like a potential coup. At the time, Bell was 22 years old and mashing in Double
- Sabathia's Strong June
- Numbers as Narrative: Bell, Hernandez, Pujols
So what I did was to isolate three players whose numbers tell an interesting story. Here they are.
Heath Bell, RHRP, San Diego
The story that Bell's numbers tell us is of a pitcher
- The Bell Tolls for Heath
Park. However, another Bell might step into the all-time save leader's role: Heath Bell (may I suggest Metallica's "For Whom The Bell Tolls"?) The 31 year-old had to wait an awfully long time to get
- Heath Bell - Maybe This Year
I'll admit, I'm a Heath Bell protagonist. Last year I expected big things from the 28 year old reliever who ended up posting a 5.11 ERA in just 22 relief appearances. He didn't quite live up to my
- Daily Graphing - Heath Bell
I was having a lot of trouble finding someone to write about today, that was until I stumbled upon Heath Bell. Who is Heath Bell you ask? He was drafted in the 69th round of the 1997 draft