- What Can We Expect From C.J. Edwards?
with a 74/19 K/BB in 61 2/3 innings).
After the recent Matt Garza trade, newly dealt righthander C.J. Edwards seems like a candidate for a stock rise in the same vein. I saw three of his starts
- Keeper League Player Depth
- How Pitching is Scored in ottoneu FanGraphs Points Leagues
- Pitcher value in a FanGraphs points league
- Biggest Busts: C & 1B (ottoneu lwts leagues)
Performed As: $28
Justin Morneau, MIN
Avg. Cost: $21.38
Performed As: -$9
My Pick: Albert Pujols
Meet my first baseman in ottoneu! And I paid $67 for him
- What should you do with RP slots in points leagues?
. Clayton Richard, 860 pts
4. Shaun Marcum, 848 pts
5. R.A. Dickey, 777 pts
6. Justin Masterson, 754 pts
7. Brandon Morrow, 720 pts
8. Brian Wilson, 679 pts
9. Phil Hughes, 675 pts
- Pick Six Value Picks: Starters and Relievers
been terrific for the past month. And Pineiro is the best of a large group of other pitchers right around his cost point (minimal) and projected production level (decent). Others include Justin
- Your lwts Fantasy All-Stars: American League
is still very solid (.279/.377/.440). Abreu continue to plug away and get relatively little respect for what he does.
Felix Hernandez (1351 pts, 2.82 FIP, $45)
- Catcher, 1B, 3B: Biggest surprises (ottoneu lwts)
), Justin Smoak (+$14), Juan Miranda (+$12), Joey Votto (+$6)
Jose Bautista, TOR
Avg. Cost $29.72
Performed As: $109
Alex Gordon, KCR
Avg. Cost: $5.07
- A New Fantasy Pitching Points Proposal
the biggest bump moving to this new system are those who have an ERA that is substantially better than their FIP: Justin Verlander (+108 pts), Jared Weaver (+87 pts), Josh Beckett (+84 pts), etc
- How hitting is scored in ottoneu FanGraphs points leagues
- FanGraphs Points Leagues: What Hitters Will Be Overrated by Traditional Fantasy Rankings?
- FanGraphs Points Leagues: What Hitters Will Be Underrated by Traditional Fantasy Rankings?
- Position Scarcity in FanGraphs Points Leagues
- $2 Shortstops in Ottoneu Points Leagues
- Lessons in Patience, Courtesy of Lance Berkman
- Strategy on Streaking Players: Don't Trust the Streak
- Reliever Rankings, Ignoring Saves and Holds
- Strategy in Pick Six: Daily, Quick Fantasy Baseball
- Pick Six Value Picks: Catcher & Corner Infield
- Pick Six Value Picks: Middle Infield and Outfield
- Biggest Surprises: 2B, SS, OF (ottoneu lwts)
- Your lwts Fantasy All-Stars: National League
- Biggest Busts: Second Base & Third Base (ottoneu lwts leagues)
- Biggest Busts: Shortstops and Outfielders (ottoneu lwts leagues)
- On Justin Upton
A player with a lot of hype surrounding him after the numbers he put up last year, Justin Upton has been a bit of a disappointment this year. Before the year began, some fantasy guru’s were
- Mariners Challenge Justin Smoak with Justin Smoak 2.0
appearances and then still became good hitters who had solid careers.
Interestingly, though, this entire story almost perfectly describes incumbent first baseman Justin Smoak. They acquired him
- Justin Ruggiano "Has This"
: as the old adage goes, if you fail 70% of the time, you're doing pretty good.
Sometimes that confidence extends into hubris, which might be the case with Marlins outfielder Justin Ruggiano:
- Justin Upton's Future
Yesterday, in the post about the players who have had comparable seasons to Matt Wieters Double-A performance last year, one commenter brought up Justin Upton, who didn't have a chance to have
- Justin Verlander Below the Surface
In a start earlier Thursday, Justin Verlander just abused the Blue Jays for nine innings. In fairness to the Blue Jays, theirs was a lineup missing Jose Bautista, J.P. Arencibia, and Brett Lawrie
- The Island of Justin Morneau
Fun game of the day - mix and match collections of first baseman that equal Justin Morneau in value so far this year.
Morneau: +3.6 wins
Albert Pujols, Adrian Gonzalez, and Todd Helton: +3.6
- On Justin Verlander's Health
Last night, Justin Verlander lasted one inning, gave up five runs, and left the game with "right shoulder soreness". After the game, Verlander admitted that this had "been lingering for a little
- The Idea and Reality of Justin Verlander
on the Detroit bullpen the day before he pitched and the two days afterward." - Buster Olney, ESPN
You don't have to do much googling to find a column praising the dominance of Justin Verlander. In fact
- Justin Smoak's Struggles
It's just one of those things. I feel good at the plate, but I hit it right at them.
-- Justin Smoak, to the Fort Worth Star Telegram
You can't just hit the ball hard and not get any luck
- Justin Upton: Superstar
One of the stories of the first few weeks of the season was the struggles of Justin Upton. The 21-year-old began the season by going six for his first 36, striking out 12 times in failing to hit
- Justin Morneau: Is There Any Hope?
Justin Morneau looks to be back and somewhat healthy this season. He has played in the first 10 Twins' games this season with Tuesday being his first day off. In nine games, he was the designated
- Justin Upton, the Braves, and their Strikeouts
As of Thursday, an awful lot of people are happy. The Diamondbacks are happy, because they were able to move Justin Upton for value. The Braves are happy, because they were able to get Justin Upton
- Justin Verlander: A Shot At 25?
Justin Verlander won his 20th game Saturday against the Minnesota Twins. Eric Seidman already covered his MVP candidacy this morning, and I have to agree that we should probably cool down
- Justin Upton Settling Into 2011
The first ten games of Justin Upton 's age 23 season have gone pretty well. Through his first 46 plate appearances, Arizona's prodigy has a .300/.391/.575 triple-slash line and a .411 wOBA
- Justin Verlander's Wicked Fastball
take notice. Justin Verlander added another notch to his fantastic season yesterday when he held the Boston Red Sox scoreless in eight innings at Fenway, helping the Tigers avoid a four-game sweep
- The Case for Justin Verlander
The American League Most Valuable Player Award is going to be announced at 2:00 pm today, and there's a pretty good chance that Justin Verlander is going to become just the 10th player to win both
- Justin Ruggiano and Continuing Failure
A July 8 article in the Sun-Sentinel by Juan C. Rodriguez asked, "Is Justin Ruggiano the next Marlin to go?" The same things that made him desirable to Miami made him desirable to contenders. He
- Dumping Justin Morneau
Justin Morneau has 26 home runs in his past 270 games played, which over 162 games would be a measly 16 long balls. For a first baseman, that just does not cut it. Yet still, Morneau is owned in 58
- Is This The Real Justin Verlander?
The All Star Game took place on Tuesday, and for the first time since 2008, Justin Verlander was not there for the festivities. Looking at his recent performance, it seems like very, very long ago
- Justin Upton's Future Value
ships, Towers could take out an armada in a matter of minutes. Today's rumor du jour is that the Diamondbacks will be willing to listen to calls for young right fielder Justin Upton. In reality, most
- Justin Maxwell: Waiver Wire
Justin Maxwell (ESPN: 37 percent owned; Yahoo!: 14 percent owned)
If Justin Maxwell were a pitcher instead of an outfielder, his career may have ended before it even really started. While
- Justin Verlander's Location Problem
Headed into last night, the Tigers were the favorites to win the World Series in large part because they had Justin Verlander, and people tend to favor teams who have ace starters in the playoffs
- What's Upton with Justin?
If someone told you Justin Upton would finally make the jump to "superstardom" this season, you may have been slightly hesitant to believe them. After all, Upton is coming off a somewhat
- The Troubling Case of Justin Morneau
Justin Morneau's frustrating season is officially over.
After a number of nagging injuries to its first baseman, the Minnesota Twins decided to shut down its former All-Star for the remainder
- Justin Masterson's Splits
When the Cleveland Indians shipped C/1B Victor Martinez to the Boston Red Sox last July 31st, the club picked up LHP Nick Hagadone, RHP Bryan Price and RHP Justin Masterson. Hagadone was the long
- The Real Justin Upton
Through six major league seasons, we still don't know what to make of Justin Upton. He's looked like a budding superstar in 2009 and 2011, and merely an adequate outfielder in 2010 and 2012. A number
- Revisiting Justin Masterson
A couple months ago, I told you it was too early to worry about Justin Masterson. Well, we are more than half-way through June now and if I wasn't worried before, I am now.
- Prospect Packages for Justin Upton
of waiting out the Arizona Diamondbacks before swooping in and acquiring 25-year old Justin Upton. Or, maybe the Rangers lucked out when Upton rejected a trade to the Mariners for Taijuan Walker, Nick Franklin
- Braves Acquire Justin Upton
The Diamondbacks have traded Justin Upton again. This time, he's actually going away. After he rejected a deal to Seattle, they've found a new trade partner in the Atlanta Braves, and have crafted
- The Aging Mountie: Justin Morneau
If you know much about me, you’re not terribly surprised I’ve chosen to profile Justin Morneau in the scope of Colonel Sanders publishing his first base rankings this past Monday. And while I think
- Justin Upton and the Allure of Upside
Justin Upton finished the season as the 21st most valuable outfielder according to our valuations. But I can almost guarantee that he'll be drafted higher than 21st among outfielders next year
- Justin Verlander's Whiff Rate
In 2009, Detroit Tigers right-hander Justin Verlander took his performance to another level. The Old Dominion product punched out 7.19 batters per nine innings and issued 3.27 walks per nine frames
- The Recent Resurgence of Justin Morneau
It’s been a long time since Justin Morneau was anything close to a sure fantasy option. 2010 drafters had to decide which Morneau was the real thing, the player who hit .311/.390/.575 with 21 HR
- Making Sense of Justin Ruggiano
It's pretty rare for a player who was still a rookie at age-29 to ever stumble into a full-time role. But that's precisely what Justin Ruggiano is looking to do this spring. A minor leaguer since
- Justin Smoak, Finally For Real?
on this one: my "bold prediction" that Justin Smoak would be a top-15 mixed league first baseman.
That was based on the combination of a scorching September (.428 wOBA in 101 plate appearances), the switch
- Justin Upton's Trade Value
Yesterday, the Arizona Diamondbacks got an offer for Justin Upton that they would say yes to, as the Seattle Mariners reportedly agreed to ship Taijuan Walker, Nick Franklin, Charlie Furbush