- Roto Riteup: September 26, 2016
- The Unwritten Rules
- Three Fringe NL Central Prospects Assigned to the AFL
- The Unwritten Rules
- Ottoneu Power Rankings: August 2016
- AL Tiered Outfielder Ranks: August 2016
: Jay Bruce
Jackie Bradley Jr.
Maybe I am just fooling myself, but J-Up seems to be finally turning
- Roto Riteup: August 31, 2016
Today’s Roto Riteup is brought to you by Tebow Time!
I'm stashing Tebow in all dynasty baseball leagues that have 6 points for rushing and passing TDs. Downgrade in ppr
— Justin Mason
- Roto Riteup: August 29, 2016
- Five Players to Watch Rest of the Way
- Roto Riteup: August 22, 2016
- Ottoneu Waiver Wire: August 2016
- Learning To Love Rotisserie Leagues Again
- Roto Riteup: August 15, 2016
- Confessions of a Trade-aholic
My name is Justin and I am a trade-aholic.
In my 15 years of playing fantasy baseball, I have made a ton of trades. Some have been good, some bad. It is easy for my league mates to remember
- Roto Riteup: August 8, 2016
- Ottoneu Power Rankings: July 2016
- Roto Riteup: July 28, 2016
- AL Tiered Outfielder Ranks: July 2016
Jackie Bradley Jr.
- Identifying Keepers Using Steamer600
- Greg Garcia & Jake Smolinski: Deep League Wire
Let's go fishing!
Greg Garcia | SS/3B STL | CBS 1% Owned
Jhonny Peralta, who missed the first two months of the season after undergoing thumb surgery in March, has landed back on the DL
- Justin Mason’s 10 Bold Predictions (Mid Season Review)
- Ottoneu June Power Rankings
- Ottoneu All Stars
- John Lackey Has a New(ish) Slider
-best slider in the league to date. Surprisingly, Lackey’s slider has been more effective than some of the most well-known sliders in the game, including Jose Fernandez, Justin Verlander, and Madison
- AL Tiered Outfielder Ranks: June 2016
I was torn about moving Lorenzo Cain down into this tier, but with the recent hamstring strain and his history of hamstring
- Ottoneu Pitcher Projection Changes
- Available Players Looking for an Owner Like You
left-handed bats in Detroit in the starting lineup. Moya has real legit power and is going to be hitting behind Miguel Cabrera, Victor Martinez, Nick Castellanos, and Justin Upton. He will strike out
- Streaming for Stolen Bases by Catcher
- Ottoneu Most Added Players
- Ottoneu May Power Rankings
- Streaming for Stolen Bases by Pitcher
- AL Tiered Outfielder Ranks: May 2016
Originally I had Hanley in the tier above
- More Ottoneu Hitter ROS Projections
- The Redemption of Matt Bush
- AL Outfielders: Rookies (Update)
- Players I'm Buying in Ottoneu
right now, but I would guess his owner may be in a panic over the poor performance and sell at a reasonable discount.
Just like Votto, Upton has really struggled out of the gates
- Ottoneu April Power Rankings
- Roto Riteup: May 2, 2016
- AL Tiered Outfielder Ranks: April 2016
with the rest due to their individual injury histories. Betts has looked fantastic since starting the year 3-for-23.
Tier 3: Toby Ziegler
- Full Disclosure
Tell me what you think. Where did I go wrong
- Early Season Ottoneu Hitter Projection Changes
- Roto Riteup: April 19, 2016
- Jaime Garcia Just Pitched the Game of His Life
Jaime Garcia has had Tommy John surgery, rotator-cuff surgery, and thoracic-outlet surgery. Despite those setbacks -- or perhaps to spite them -- yesterday Garcia pitched the game of his life
- Is it time to pickup Max Kepler?
- Roto Riteup: April 9, 2016
- AL Outfielders: The Undrafted
department for fantasy owners. If he continues to hit well and walk almost as much as he strikes out, he could find himself batting much higher in the Baltimore power packed lineup.
- My Ottoneu Portfolio
in the draft.
Justin Grimm (seven teams, $3 average salary)
With relief pitchers in ottoneu, I almost always prioritize targeting pitchers with good skills and a low acquisition price. Grimm is projected
- Justin Vibber's 10 Bold Predictions
- AL Tiered Outfielder Ranks: Preseason 2016
from him this season.
Bautista and Cain offer high upside with their usual injury risk. I think we could definitely see more power from Lorenzo.
Tier 3: Leather
- Roto Riteup: March 21, 2016
- Justin Mason's 10 Bold Predictions
- OttoGraphs Episode: 3- Prospect Interview with Chris Mitchell
- OttoGraphs Episode: 2- Auction Strategy
- How to Mess Up a Mock in 23 Rounds
#4 Joe Gallina - RotoExperts
#5 Keith Lott - We Talk Fantasy Sports
#6 Nate Miller - Sporting News
#7 Nick Mariano - RotoBaller
#8 Justin- The Fantasy Fix
#9 Alex Beckey - BaseballHQ.com
- OttoGraphs 01/18/2016- Introduction & Keeper Deadline Review
, in season tips/tricks, and offseason trade/keeper strategy.
The first segment of this episode serves as our introduction, and touches briefly on what the four of us (Joe, Justin, Tom, and Trey
- Top Five Incoming Impact Prospects: NL Central
- AL Outfielder: Rookies
- What is BARF? Bay Area Roto-Fantasy
with the “catchy” acronym BARF. Here is the lineup/draft order that was assembled:
1 - Justin Mason, Rotographs/Friends with Fantasy Benefits
2 - Tim Williams, Friends with Fantasy Benefits
- Cheap Speed: Breaking Bad Style
- Does Inflation Increase As A League Gets Older?
- The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Harper
- Corey Dickerson's Value in Tampa Bay
- Ottoneu Surplus Calculator
- Avisail Garcia's Uncomfortable Situation
Look at the rumors for the White Sox. They concern a certain part of the team. Though the club is ostensibly starting Melky Cabrera, Adam Eaton, and Avisail Garcia in the outfield, they're supposedly
- Breaking Down the Astros' 2015 Offensive Changes
- Eric Hosmer Has Been the Most Clutch Hitter In the League
- Explaining Brandon Crawford's 2015 Power Surge
- Jaime Garcia Pitching to Contact with Ace Stuff
outs to form an incredibly effective pitcher. A half-decade after Duncan's retirement, one of his former pupils, Jaime Garcia, is throwing strikes, getting ground balls, and keeping hitters off balance
- Jaime Garcia: The Groundball Machine
What do you think is higher: seasons played by or DL stints for Jaime Garcia? That’s probably an easy one. What about Garcia’s innings v. DL stints? I’ll tell you that he has thrown 660 innings
- I Don't Get It: Avisail Garcia
. That extends to congratulating others on "good" picks. Avisail Garcia is one player who always garners a pat on the back. If you can't tell, I don't understand the love. I'd like to. I'm open
- Avisail Garcia, Dayan Viciedo, and Giving Up on Potential
on Avisail Garcia in the short term to some degree.
Garcia, in his age 24 season, is in line to be the primary right fielder on the south side with fewer than 500 career plate appearances
- Prospect Watch: McMahon, Rondon, and Garcia
***Jarlin Garcia, LHP, Miami Marlins (Profile)
Level: Low-A Age: 21 Top-15: N/A Top-100: N/A
Line: 15 IP, 13 H, 6 R, 17/4 K/BB, 2.40 ERA, 2.60 FIP
It's hard not to like a lefty who
- Avisail Garcia & Dee Gordon: Waiver Wire
of the rest. Figure the regular waiver articles are geared more towards leagues with 14 teams or fewer. So with that, here's who I think is worth grabbing and holding onto for the year.
Avisail Garcia, CHW
- A Hall of Fame Moment, Parsed and in Context
- Keeper League Player Depth
- The Rockies’ One Through Eight: the Small Successes and Failures of Lineup Construction
about the Rockies. It’s likely both. Indeed, after the Rockies traded Dexter Fowler and signed Justin Morneau last week, there’s no use rehashing alternatives and possible failures. The task now
- Confounding: Are the Rockies Rebuilding?
at some of the possible moves that are garnering notice. Beat writer Troy Renck reports that the Rockies are eying first baseman Justin Morneau to replace the retired Todd Helton. Of all of the speculative
- Turning to Freddy Garcia With the Season on the Line
Clayton Kershaw again, so, yeah, this isn't a great situation -- and are turning to Freddy Garcia in this win-or-go-home game. Yes, the Freddy Garcia who turned 37 yesterday, and has had a season
- Alex Rodriguez and Avisail Garcia: Waiver Wire
to make his mark in the majors. Avisail Garcia has only played 12 games with his new club, but he's shown signs of life. Both players deserve to be owned more.
3B Alex Rodriguez 61% owned
- Spotted: Karim Garcia Homering Importantly
major-leaguer Karim Garcia, currently of Mexican club Yaquis de Obregón.
In tonight's edition, we find a another grainy daguerreotype -- in this case, not of Garcia being walked intentionally
- Spotted: Karim Garcia Getting Walked Intentionally
It's not immediately clear to the author what set of circumstances might have led to the six intentional walks recorded by Karim Garcia during his 10-year major-league career. Whatever
- Freddy Garcia and the Value of Broken Starters
From 2001 to 2006, Freddy Garcia posted six consecutive seasons with 200 or more innings pitched, and while he wasn't an ace, he was an above average durable starting pitcher. That skillset helped
- Prospect Packages for Justin Upton
of waiting out the Arizona Diamondbacks before swooping in and acquiring 25-year old Justin Upton. Or, maybe the Rangers lucked out when Upton rejected a trade to the Mariners for Taijuan Walker, Nick Franklin
- Christian Garcia: The Nationals' K-Rod?
Christian Garcia, 27, came up from the minors this month and has struck out seven against two unintentional walks in six innings of work. The only run he's allowed came on a Giancarlo Stanton solo
- Jaime Garcia's Return Key for Cardinals
Eleven innings after his departure Jaime Garcia's return to the Cardinals' rotation was buried by the absurdity of one of the season's longest games. After battling back from one run down in the 16th
- Hot GIFs: Freddy Garcia Is Duly Impressed
), during which game Cuban emigre Yoenis Cespedes hit a home run that compelled veteran right-hander Freddy Garcia to discover physics again for the first time.
For the benefit of the reader, who
- Spotted: Karim Garcia on First Base
First, Karim Garcia was Baseball America's seventh-overall prospect. Then, he played on at least 11 different teams in at least four different countries. Then he hit a single in the bottom
- Jesus Montero: Cabrera, Konerko, or Karim Garcia?
- Keeper Question: Jaime Garcia
Garcia missed most of the 2009 season after undergoing the procedure following the 2008 season. In his first full season back, Garcia not only pitched quite well, he did so in the majors, having
- WS Scouting: Colby Lewis vs. Jaime Garcia
How wonderfully awkward.
The last time Colby Lewis and Jaime Garcia faced off, we were treated to one of the best pitcher's duels of the World Series. Jaime Garcia shut down the Rangers for seven
- NLCS Scouting: Greinke vs. Garcia
Why, hello to you too.
Toinght, 8:10pm: Zack Greinke vs. Jaime Garcia.
Zack Greinke (3.83 ERA, 2.66 SIERA)
Greinke has spawned a Twitter war this afternoon, as everyone seemingly wants
- Milone and Garcia: NL Starting Pitchers
struggles with runners on base.
With a month of the season left to go, Garcia has thrown almost exactly the same number of innings he threw last year with the exact same number
- Davis, Smoak, Drew, Garcia, Carrasco: DL Returnees
the starts in CF.
Justin Smoak (nose, 19%): Justin looks to take back the Mariner's 1B position from Mike Carp's when he returns in around 2 weeks. Smoak's fantasy value is being driven down by his
- Biggest Busts: Shortstops and Outfielders (ottoneu lwts leagues)
- Bourgeois & Garcia: Waiver Wire
like the elite baserunners, he's going to help your team.
Freddy Garcia | SP | Yankees | Ownership: 29% Yahoo!, 45.7%
The Yankees decided not to blow their prospect wad on a starting pitcher
- Biggest Busts: Second Base & Third Base (ottoneu lwts leagues)
- A New Fantasy Pitching Points Proposal
the biggest bump moving to this new system are those who have an ERA that is substantially better than their FIP: Justin Verlander (+108 pts), Jared Weaver (+87 pts), Josh Beckett (+84 pts), etc
- Cardinals Extend Jaime Garcia
The St. Louis Cardinals moved today to lock up one of their important young pieces, signing pitcher and potential ace-in-the-making Jaime Garcia to a four year contract worth $27.5 million. The deal
- Biggest Busts: C & 1B (ottoneu lwts leagues)
Performed As: $28
Justin Morneau, MIN
Avg. Cost: $21.38
Performed As: -$9
My Pick: Albert Pujols
Meet my first baseman in ottoneu! And I paid $67 for him
- Your lwts Fantasy All-Stars: National League
- Your lwts Fantasy All-Stars: American League
is still very solid (.279/.377/.440). Abreu continue to plug away and get relatively little respect for what he does.
Felix Hernandez (1351 pts, 2.82 FIP, $45)
- Biggest Surprises: 2B, SS, OF (ottoneu lwts)
- Catcher, 1B, 3B: Biggest surprises (ottoneu lwts)
), Justin Smoak (+$14), Juan Miranda (+$12), Joey Votto (+$6)
Jose Bautista, TOR
Avg. Cost $29.72
Performed As: $109
Alex Gordon, KCR
Avg. Cost: $5.07
- Pick Six Value Picks: Starters and Relievers
been terrific for the past month. And Pineiro is the best of a large group of other pitchers right around his cost point (minimal) and projected production level (decent). Others include Justin
- Pick Six Value Picks: Middle Infield and Outfield
- Jaime Garcia Is the New Adam Wainwright
was a perfectly reasonable projection.
Perfectly reasonable until we realize that Jaime Garcia is the new Adam Wainwright.
As Garcia climbed the minor league ranks, he seemed to have some potential
- Pick Six Value Picks: Catcher & Corner Infield
- Nearly Perfect: Jaime Garcia's 2011 Season
, Garcia's start has already been overshadowed by Justin Verlander's no-hitter, Cliff Lee's 16-strikeout performance, and Anibal Sanchez's near no-hitter, but it's still ranked by ESPN's Game Score as one
- Strategy in Pick Six: Daily, Quick Fantasy Baseball
- Freddy Garcia: Value in Pinstripes?
Freddy Garcia did not even make our initial AL starting pitcher rankings. After a strong start to the season, at least on the surface, in a month's worth of work, the question is whether this old
- Reliever Rankings, Ignoring Saves and Holds
- Strategy on Streaking Players: Don't Trust the Streak
- Lessons in Patience, Courtesy of Lance Berkman
- What should you do with RP slots in points leagues?
. Clayton Richard, 860 pts
4. Shaun Marcum, 848 pts
5. R.A. Dickey, 777 pts
6. Justin Masterson, 754 pts
7. Brandon Morrow, 720 pts
8. Brian Wilson, 679 pts
9. Phil Hughes, 675 pts
- $2 Shortstops in Ottoneu Points Leagues
- Pitcher value in a FanGraphs points league
- Position Scarcity in FanGraphs Points Leagues
- FanGraphs Points Leagues: What Hitters Will Be Underrated by Traditional Fantasy Rankings?
- FanGraphs Points Leagues: What Hitters Will Be Overrated by Traditional Fantasy Rankings?
- How Pitching is Scored in ottoneu FanGraphs Points Leagues
- How hitting is scored in ottoneu FanGraphs points leagues
- On Justin Upton
A player with a lot of hype surrounding him after the numbers he put up last year, Justin Upton has been a bit of a disappointment this year. Before the year began, some fantasy guru’s were
- Freddy Garcia Is Staying Alive
Rare is it when a pitcher’s ERA, FIP, and xFIP are in a state of complete accord. Nearly as rare is Freddy Garcia pitching more than 100 innings in any given season during these twilight years of his
- Luck and Skill Converging for Jaime Garcia
If not for Ubaldo Jimenez's continued dominance, Jaime Garcia might be the big story of the National League right now. Garcia pitched six shutout innings last night, holding the Padres to just three
- Forgotten: Lefty Jaime Garcia
Cardinals left hander Jaime Garcia almost opted for professional baseball in his native country of Mexico in 2005. But area scout Joe Almaraz convinced Garcia to sign with the St. Louis
- Spoiler Alert: It's Garcia Time
is handing the ball to Freddy Garcia, former Mariners and White Sox great, who won a ring with the White Sox in 2005.
Garcia spent last season with the Phillies, though most of it was not actually