- AL Tiered Outfielder Ranks: Preseason 2016
from him this season.
Bautista and Cain offer high upside with their usual injury risk. I think we could definitely see more power from Lorenzo.
Tier 3: Leather
- AL Tiered Outfielder Ranks: June 2016
I was torn about moving Lorenzo Cain down into this tier, but with the recent hamstring strain and his history of hamstring
- AL Tiered Outfielder Ranks: April 2016
with the rest due to their individual injury histories. Betts has looked fantastic since starting the year 3-for-23.
Tier 3: Toby Ziegler
- AL Tiered Outfielder Ranks: July 2016
Jackie Bradley Jr.
- AL Tiered Outfielder Ranks: May 2016
Originally I had Hanley in the tier above
- Austin Jackson, Man of Action for Tigers
rotation's been inconsistent, other than the supremely good and consistent Justin Verlander. The bullpen has sprung a few leaks, and leads the American League in losses with eight. But it's the offense
- Prospect Impact: Bundy, Wheeler, Jackson
by the Justin Upton trade, which is being covered aplenty by my fellow RotoGraphers.
Adam Eaton, D-backs OF: He's now free to start in centerfield with Cody Ross and Jason Kubel flanking
- Justin Mason's 10 Bold Predictions
- Justin Vibber's 10 Bold Predictions
- Keeper League Player Depth
- Devon Travis, Sign Stealer?
- xHR%: Questing for a Formula (Part 1)
- xHR%: Questing for a Formula (Part 2)
- xHR%: Questing for a Formula (Part 3)
- xHR%: Questing for a Formula (Part 4)
- xHR%: Questing for a Formula (Part 5)
- xHR%: The Finale
- Erick Aybar Needs Your Prayers
- The WIS Corollary
- Fantasy Metrics and xHR
- xHR: A Speedy and Mandatory Revision
- Linearization and Fantasy Baseball
- Justin Upton's Future Value
drop down to 200 strikeouts, you finally find three players with a higher strikeout rate than Justin Upton through age 22 - his brother B.J (26.3%), Sammy Sosa (26.3%), and Reggie Jackson (29.0
- Reviewing Justin Mason’s 10 Bold Predictions
- Reviewing Justin Vibber's 2016 Bold Predictions
- The Case for Justin Verlander
The American League Most Valuable Player Award is going to be announced at 2:00 pm today, and there's a pretty good chance that Justin Verlander is going to become just the 10th player to win both
- Is Justin Verlander Back?
A month ago, I ridiculed Justin Verlander. He had just come off a start during which he allowed seven earned runs and couldn't escape the fourth inning. Through his first six 2015 starts, he posted
- Justin Mason’s 10 Bold Predictions (Mid Season Review)
- Justin Black and Montana Major Leaguers
On Monday, the Atlanta Braves took Justin Black in the fourth round, the 149th overall pick. It may have been seen as an overdraft by some — Black was seen as a top-500 talent by many draft
- Justin Upton Trade Would Be a Rarity
The Diamondbacks have made it known that they are open to trading right-fielder Justin Upton. The two-time all-star, who finished fourth in the National League Most Valuable Player voting last season
- Q&A: Justin Masterson and Chris Perez
David Laurila: Shoeless Joe Jackson is playing left field and leading off. How do you go after him?
Justin Masterson: I’d probably start out by throwing a sinker at his feet, to get
- Brett Jackson, Phillippe Aumont, Brad Peacock: Prospect Chatter
DeJesus is a good thing, whether Jonathan Papelbon killed the fantasy value of a Phillies' relief prospect and how owners are going to wind up hating Chien-Ming Wang.
1) Brett Jackson, Cubs
- OttoGraphs 01/18/2016- Introduction & Keeper Deadline Review
, in season tips/tricks, and offseason trade/keeper strategy.
The first segment of this episode serves as our introduction, and touches briefly on what the four of us (Joe, Justin, Tom, and Trey
- How Pitching is Scored in ottoneu FanGraphs Points Leagues
- Pitcher value in a FanGraphs points league
- Roto Riteup: August 31, 2016
Today’s Roto Riteup is brought to you by Tebow Time!
I'm stashing Tebow in all dynasty baseball leagues that have 6 points for rushing and passing TDs. Downgrade in ppr
— Justin Mason
- Biggest Busts: C & 1B (ottoneu lwts leagues)
Performed As: $28
Justin Morneau, MIN
Avg. Cost: $21.38
Performed As: -$9
My Pick: Albert Pujols
Meet my first baseman in ottoneu! And I paid $67 for him
- How to Mess Up a Mock in 23 Rounds
#4 Joe Gallina - RotoExperts
#5 Keith Lott - We Talk Fantasy Sports
#6 Nate Miller - Sporting News
#7 Nick Mariano - RotoBaller
#8 Justin- The Fantasy Fix
#9 Alex Beckey - BaseballHQ.com
- AL Tiered Outfielder Ranks: August 2016
: Jay Bruce
Jackie Bradley Jr.
Maybe I am just fooling myself, but J-Up seems to be finally turning
- What should you do with RP slots in points leagues?
. Clayton Richard, 860 pts
4. Shaun Marcum, 848 pts
5. R.A. Dickey, 777 pts
6. Justin Masterson, 754 pts
7. Brandon Morrow, 720 pts
8. Brian Wilson, 679 pts
9. Phil Hughes, 675 pts
- My Ottoneu Portfolio
in the draft.
Justin Grimm (seven teams, $3 average salary)
With relief pitchers in ottoneu, I almost always prioritize targeting pitchers with good skills and a low acquisition price. Grimm is projected
- Players I'm Buying in Ottoneu
right now, but I would guess his owner may be in a panic over the poor performance and sell at a reasonable discount.
Just like Votto, Upton has really struggled out of the gates
- More Ottoneu Hitter ROS Projections
- Available Players Looking for an Owner Like You
left-handed bats in Detroit in the starting lineup. Moya has real legit power and is going to be hitting behind Miguel Cabrera, Victor Martinez, Nick Castellanos, and Justin Upton. He will strike out
- John Lackey Has a New(ish) Slider
-best slider in the league to date. Surprisingly, Lackey’s slider has been more effective than some of the most well-known sliders in the game, including Jose Fernandez, Justin Verlander, and Madison
- Pick Six Value Picks: Starters and Relievers
been terrific for the past month. And Pineiro is the best of a large group of other pitchers right around his cost point (minimal) and projected production level (decent). Others include Justin
- Your lwts Fantasy All-Stars: American League
is still very solid (.279/.377/.440). Abreu continue to plug away and get relatively little respect for what he does.
Felix Hernandez (1351 pts, 2.82 FIP, $45)
- Catcher, 1B, 3B: Biggest surprises (ottoneu lwts)
), Justin Smoak (+$14), Juan Miranda (+$12), Joey Votto (+$6)
Jose Bautista, TOR
Avg. Cost $29.72
Performed As: $109
Alex Gordon, KCR
Avg. Cost: $5.07
- Confessions of a Trade-aholic
My name is Justin and I am a trade-aholic.
In my 15 years of playing fantasy baseball, I have made a ton of trades. Some have been good, some bad. It is easy for my league mates to remember
- Dynasty Mock Draft with a Redraft Strategy
Justin Mason (Me
- A New Fantasy Pitching Points Proposal
the biggest bump moving to this new system are those who have an ERA that is substantially better than their FIP: Justin Verlander (+108 pts), Jared Weaver (+87 pts), Josh Beckett (+84 pts), etc
- What is BARF? Bay Area Roto-Fantasy
with the “catchy” acronym BARF. Here is the lineup/draft order that was assembled:
1 - Justin Mason, Rotographs/Friends with Fantasy Benefits
2 - Tim Williams, Friends with Fantasy Benefits
- How hitting is scored in ottoneu FanGraphs points leagues
- FanGraphs Points Leagues: What Hitters Will Be Overrated by Traditional Fantasy Rankings?
- FanGraphs Points Leagues: What Hitters Will Be Underrated by Traditional Fantasy Rankings?
- Position Scarcity in FanGraphs Points Leagues
- $2 Shortstops in Ottoneu Points Leagues
- Lessons in Patience, Courtesy of Lance Berkman
- Strategy on Streaking Players: Don't Trust the Streak
- Reliever Rankings, Ignoring Saves and Holds
- Strategy in Pick Six: Daily, Quick Fantasy Baseball
- Pick Six Value Picks: Catcher & Corner Infield
- Pick Six Value Picks: Middle Infield and Outfield
- Biggest Surprises: 2B, SS, OF (ottoneu lwts)
- Your lwts Fantasy All-Stars: National League
- Biggest Busts: Second Base & Third Base (ottoneu lwts leagues)
- Biggest Busts: Shortstops and Outfielders (ottoneu lwts leagues)
- Ottoneu Surplus Calculator
- Corey Dickerson's Value in Tampa Bay
- The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Harper
- Cheap Speed: Breaking Bad Style
- Does Inflation Increase As A League Gets Older?
- AL Outfielder: Rookies
- OttoGraphs Episode: 2- Auction Strategy
- OttoGraphs Episode: 3- Prospect Interview with Chris Mitchell
- Roto Riteup: March 21, 2016
- AL Outfielders: The Undrafted
- Roto Riteup: April 9, 2016
- Is it time to pickup Max Kepler?
- Roto Riteup: April 19, 2016
- Full Disclosure
- Early Season Ottoneu Hitter Projection Changes
- Roto Riteup: May 2, 2016
- Ottoneu April Power Rankings
- AL Outfielders: Rookies (Update)
- The Redemption of Matt Bush
- Streaming for Stolen Bases by Pitcher
- Ottoneu May Power Rankings
- Streaming for Stolen Bases by Catcher
- Ottoneu Most Added Players
- Ottoneu Pitcher Projection Changes
- Ottoneu All Stars
- Ottoneu June Power Rankings
- Identifying Keepers Using Steamer600
- Roto Riteup: July 28, 2016
- Ottoneu Power Rankings: July 2016
- Roto Riteup: August 8, 2016
- Roto Riteup: August 15, 2016
- Learning To Love Rotisserie Leagues Again
- Ottoneu Waiver Wire: August 2016
- Roto Riteup: August 22, 2016
- Five Players to Watch Rest of the Way
- Roto Riteup: August 29, 2016
- Ottoneu Power Rankings: August 2016
- The Unwritten Rules
- The Unwritten Rules
- Roto Riteup: September 26, 2016
- The Unwritten Rules
- Examining Some Close Ottoneu Races
- Ottoneu Waiver Wire: September 2016
- Ottoneu Power Rankings: Final 2016
- Ottoneu Surplus Calculator: Early 2017
- Early Ottoneu Hitter Projections
- Early Ottoneu Pitcher Projections
- A Quick Analysis of 2016 Hitter Projections
- New Year's Resolutions
- My Ottoneu 2017 Resolutions
- The Unwritten Rules
- On Surplus and Inflation in Keeper Leagues
- Explaining Brandon Crawford's 2015 Power Surge
- Eric Hosmer Has Been the Most Clutch Hitter In the League
- Breaking Down the Astros' 2015 Offensive Changes
- Top Five Incoming Impact Prospects: NL Central
- Three Fringe NL Central Prospects Assigned to the AFL
- The Amazing Instability of Edwin Jackson
Edwin Jackson is not happy with the way his market is playing out. News came out Tuesday, via Dan Connolly of the Baltimore Sun, that Jackson has multiple three-year offers but would instead prefer
- Edwin Jackson in Control
It wasn't too long ago that Edwin Jackson was considered a bit of a bust after failing to produce with the Los Angeles Dodgers and his early career with the Tampa Bay Devil Rays. Through his first
- The New Austin Jackson, Again
You remember what the concerns with Austin Jackson used to be. There weren't many questions about his defense, there weren't many questions about his athleticism, there weren't many questions about
- Athletics Acquire Conor Jackson
at that position today, acquiring Conor Jackson from the Diamondbacks.
This is a classic buy low from Beane. Conor Jackson has been struggling since an unfortunate encounter with valley fever in 2009. In his
- Austin Jackson Needs to Adjust
After acquiring Austin Jackson from the Yankees last winter, the Tigers wasted no time in testing their new center fielder. Even with Johnny Damon, a career leadoff hitter, on the roster, Jim Leyland
- Gauging Edwin Jackson
By the time right-hander Edwin Jackson got shipped from Tampa Bay to Detroit for OF Matt Joyce, he had acquired the pejorative "thrower, not a pitcher" tag.
You're likely familiar with Jackson's
- Assessing Conor Jackson
Going into the 2009 season, one player on top of everyone's "Must Watch" list was Diamondbacks 1B/LF Conor Jackson. Jackson, a former first round pick out of UC-Berkeley (smart guy), had put up a 3.0
- Edwin Jackson's New Slider
Edwin Jackson’s prospect status has always attracted a claque yet his performance through 2008 hardly warranted the hype. A lively arm capable of touching the upper-90s with a blazing fastball
- Is Edwin Jackson Clutch?
14 wins, a 4.42 ERA and 108 strikeouts. Not bad for a late-round flier, right?
Indeed, Edwin Jackson may have been the best fifth starter in baseball this year, and was a big reason why the Tampa
- Edwin Jackson's Great Start
In a matchup against his former team - although not against many of his former teammates - Edwin Jackson carved through the Tampa Bay Rays yesterday afternoon. Over eight innings he struck out 13
- The Post-Deadline Austin Jackson
handed bat at a minimum and they managed to do just that, bringing in Austin Jackson and Chris Denorfia without giving up someone like Taijuan Walker. The Mariners brass had to be particularly thrilled
- Is Edwin Jackson Throwing a Cutter?
Jackson – is already showing signs of possibly throwing a cutter despite still being fresh-faced to the team.
For those unaware, Jackson has made five starts for the Pale Hose. Racking up over
- Edwin Jackson's Two Seasons
During the first half of the year Edwin Jackson looked like a different pitcher. For years his hype had preceded his performance, so much so that you began wondering whether he was ever going
- Cubs Sign Edwin Jackson
Last winter, I was flummoxed at the league's apparent lack of interest in Edwin Jackson. He'd just put up his third straight solid season at age 27, and had established himself as a durable
- A Closer Look at Austin Jackson
Austin Jackson is off to a brilliant start in his major league career. But any discussion of his hot start invariably leads to discussion of his strikeout total. His 63 have him just one behind
- The Benefits of Trading Conor Jackson
Trading season has officially opened. This morning the Arizona Diamondbacks, last place in the NL West by 7.5 games, traded outfielder Conor Jackson to the Oakland A's for 24-year-old minor league
- Recognizing Austin Jackson
fielder get the recognition he deserves for his 2012 season. And that center fielder is Austin Jackson.
24 different players were named on the 28 AL MVP ballots. Austin Jackson was not among those
- A's Acquire Conor Jackson
Oakland Athletics acquired OF/1B Conor Jackson from the Arizona Diamondbacks for RHP Sam Demel.
Jackson, 28, is under team control through the 2011 season. The 2003 first-round pick out of Cal
- Jackson Goes To Washington
When Scott Boras and company decided they didn't like the smell of the longer term offers Edwin Jackson was receiving and started kicking the tires on a one-year deal, it was almost tailor made
- On Justin Upton
A player with a lot of hype surrounding him after the numbers he put up last year, Justin Upton has been a bit of a disappointment this year. Before the year began, some fantasy guru’s were
- Austin Jackson: Breakout Candidate?
In Tuesday night's After Dark chat, several people wanted to know if Austin Jackson is having a breakout season. A triple slash line of 0.500/0.583/0.850 definitely looks impressive, but those
- Q&A: Austin Jackson
When the Tigers acquired Austin Jackson from the Yankees prior to the 2010 season, they did more than simply replace the popular Curtis Granderson in center field. They brought to Motown one
- Trade Fallout: Austin Jackson to Detroit
Scherzer, LHPs Daniel Schlereth and Phil Coke and OF prospect Austin Jackson in a three-team swap, shipping Curtis Granderson and Edwin Jackson out of town in the process. Let's take a closer look
- Edwin Jackson and His New Contract
Earlier this week, the Arizona Diamondbacks settled with former Dodgers/Rays/Tigers pitcher Edwin Jackson, buying out his last two years of arbitration for $13.35 million. According to Cot's
- Edwin Jackson Is In Love With His Slider
Jackson has little use for this piece of baseball wisdom, as 2011 has seen him throw his slider more than ever in his career. Last night's World Series Game 4 was no exception, as Jackson offered
- Visualizing Edwin Jackson's Trade History
Edwin Jackson is a pitcher everyone wants to acquire, but then seemingly can't wait to unload as soon as possible.
Or at least, that's the impression you get from looking at his trade history
- Edwin Jackson's Struggles a Desert Mirage
A mid-90's fastball. A biting, mid-80's slider. A sturdy 6-3, 210 pound frame. Since his days as a prized Dodgers prospect, Edwin Jackson has been touted as a potential ace. However, Baseball
- Austin Jackson No Longer Cares For Ks
Austin Jackson has a fairly well-documented history of frequent strikeouts. But every day, Jackson seems to be creating a new history. That's because he's decided to stop striking out.
- Scouting the Prospects in the Alex Jackson Deal
In all-prospect trade Monday night, the Atlanta Braves acquired OF Alex Jackson from Seattle in exchange for pitchers Max Povse and Rob Whalen. Jackson, the sixth-overall pick in the 2014 draft
- Edwin Jackson: NL Starting Pitcher
It’s way too early for “I told you so” except, of course, in situations that have already come to their conclusion. Three starts aren’t enough to make concrete judgments from
- Edwin Jackson's Increased Slider Use
I was listening to yesterday's excellent FanGraphs Audio with Carson, Jack and Matt, and they brought up Edwin Jackson. In the episode, they noted Jackson's soaring O-swing rate last year; wondered
- Nationals Sign Jackson, But to What End?
Per Jon Heyman of CBS Sports, 28-year-old right-hander Edwin Jackson and the Washington Nationals have reached an agreement on a one-year deal worth somewhere in the $8-12 million range. Pending
- Trade Fallout: Jackson Jumps to Motown
In terms of flashy major league debuts, no one can top Edwin Jackson. On his 20th birthday, the fireballing Dodgers rookie defeated Randy Johnson, punching out four batters in six scoreless innings
- The Edwin Jackson Trade: Chicago's Perspective
One of the league’s most active teams when it comes to the trading deadline, the Chicago White Sox have acquired Edwin Jackson from the Diamondbacks for pitchers Daniel Hudson and David Holmberg
- The Edwin Jackson Trade: Arizona's Perspective
to bite the organization, the D-Backs managed to get good value today in sending Edwin Jackson to the Chicago White Sox for Daniel Hudson and David Holmberg.
Jackson, 26, was picked up by Arizona
- Edwin Jackson Heads to the Windy City
Yesterday, the Cubs officially inked Edwin Jackson to a four-year contract. Good for Edwin, now he has a chance to actually be with one team for four seasons. In just 10 seasons in the Majors, he has
- Austin Jackson: Now With More Walks?
When Austin Jackson, the Tigers' centerpiece in the Curtis Granderson trade, came out of the gates flying in early 2010, baseball was abuzz about the young gun patrolling the outfield grasses
- The Edwin Jackson/Matt Joyce trade
of payroll. Well, yesterday, he took all that good will and gave it right back, making a ridiculously bad trade with Tampa Bay, sending outfielder Matt Joyce to the Rays for RHP Edwin Jackson.
- The Obviousness of Austin Jackson and the White Sox
a playoff run.
Given the situation, Chicago decided to sign Austin Jackson for a year and $5 million. It makes for an obvious fit. It makes for maybe the most obvious fit.
To be clear, this wasn't
- Readings: Reggie Jackson, Part III
I say that the basic idea is to share lightly annotated passages and ideas from interesting baseball-related books.
Reggie Jackson: The Life and Thunderous Career of Baseball's Mr. October
- Readings: Reggie Jackson, Part II
Reggie Jackson: The Life and Thunderous Career of Baseball's Mr. October by Dayn Perry
A Note on the Notes
Today's edition of Readings is both bullet- and trivia-heavy
- Mariners Challenge Justin Smoak with Justin Smoak 2.0
appearances and then still became good hitters who had solid careers.
Interestingly, though, this entire story almost perfectly describes incumbent first baseman Justin Smoak. They acquired him
- Justin Ruggiano "Has This"
: as the old adage goes, if you fail 70% of the time, you're doing pretty good.
Sometimes that confidence extends into hubris, which might be the case with Marlins outfielder Justin Ruggiano:
- Justin Upton's Future
Yesterday, in the post about the players who have had comparable seasons to Matt Wieters Double-A performance last year, one commenter brought up Justin Upton, who didn't have a chance to have
- Justin Verlander Below the Surface
In a start earlier Thursday, Justin Verlander just abused the Blue Jays for nine innings. In fairness to the Blue Jays, theirs was a lineup missing Jose Bautista, J.P. Arencibia, and Brett Lawrie
- FG on Fox: Austin Jackson's Comfort Zone
Sometimes, you can just do everything right and the results aren't coming," Tigers outfielder Austin Jackson said before a late-May game against the Athletics. And if you look at what Jackson
- Austin Jackson's Bothersome Batted-Ball Bind
middle infielder Nick Franklin and Tigers pitcher Drew Smyly, as well as Seattle's prospective answer to its outfield problem: Detroit center fielder Austin Jackson.
Since his move to the Mariners
- The Island of Justin Morneau
Fun game of the day - mix and match collections of first baseman that equal Justin Morneau in value so far this year.
Morneau: +3.6 wins
Albert Pujols, Adrian Gonzalez, and Todd Helton: +3.6
- On Justin Verlander's Health
Last night, Justin Verlander lasted one inning, gave up five runs, and left the game with "right shoulder soreness". After the game, Verlander admitted that this had "been lingering for a little
- The Idea and Reality of Justin Verlander
on the Detroit bullpen the day before he pitched and the two days afterward." - Buster Olney, ESPN
You don't have to do much googling to find a column praising the dominance of Justin Verlander. In fact
- Justin Smoak's Struggles
It's just one of those things. I feel good at the plate, but I hit it right at them.
-- Justin Smoak, to the Fort Worth Star Telegram
You can't just hit the ball hard and not get any luck
- Traded: Edwin Jackson, Curtis Granderson, Max Scherzer
The Yankees, Tigers, and Diamondbacks have just finished up a deal that involves Max Scherzer, Edwin Jackson, Curtis Granderson, Ian Kennedy and Austin Jackson.
Yankees Receive: Granderson
- Justin Upton: Superstar
One of the stories of the first few weeks of the season was the struggles of Justin Upton. The 21-year-old began the season by going six for his first 36, striking out 12 times in failing to hit
- Justin Morneau: Is There Any Hope?
Justin Morneau looks to be back and somewhat healthy this season. He has played in the first 10 Twins' games this season with Tuesday being his first day off. In nine games, he was the designated
- Justin Upton, the Braves, and their Strikeouts
As of Thursday, an awful lot of people are happy. The Diamondbacks are happy, because they were able to move Justin Upton for value. The Braves are happy, because they were able to get Justin Upton
- Handicapping Justin Verlander
The 2014 season was a cruel one for Justin Verlander. To the fantasy baseball players who owned him for most of it and drafted, bought, kept, or traded for the formerly elite right-hander, the 2014
- Strong Finishers: Edwin Jackson and Brian Matusz
is often viewed as a player on the rise. Edwin Jackson and Brian Matusz are two players that fall into that category this season. Despite their strong finishes, both players still enter 2011
- Cubs Call Up Josh Vitters and Brett Jackson
The future is now for the Chicago Cubs. With very little to play for this season, the Cubs have called up prospects Josh Vitters and Brett Jackson. Entering the season, Marc Hulet ranked Jackson
- The Risk of a Justin Turner Deal
remaining free agents. That would be Justin Turner, actually, with a 5.6 WAR. In terms of probable outcomes for next season, Turner has Cespedes beat there, too, with a 3.6 projected WAR for next
- Justin Turner, Massive Bargain
Given the headline I just wrote, there's no real beating around the bush in this introduction. The Dodgers are reportedly close to re-signing Justin Turner for $64 million over four years. I think
- Justin Verlander: A Shot At 25?
Justin Verlander won his 20th game Saturday against the Minnesota Twins. Eric Seidman already covered his MVP candidacy this morning, and I have to agree that we should probably cool down
- Baseball Bets: Forget Rose, Wattabout Joe Jackson?
No! Not this Joe Jackson! Oh well, he's alright too. The early stuff, at least.
Ol' Pete Rose seems to work on a lunar calendar. Because like any holiday based on a lunar calendar -- such as my
- Justin Upton Settling Into 2011
The first ten games of Justin Upton 's age 23 season have gone pretty well. Through his first 46 plate appearances, Arizona's prodigy has a .300/.391/.575 triple-slash line and a .411 wOBA
- Readings: Reggie Jackson by NotGraphs' Dayn Perry
Boston's David Ortiz gets to second base with Reggie Jackson.
Recently, in these pages, I made a case for a way of discussing books in a manner conducive to NotGraphs. You can read those exact
- Justin Verlander's Wicked Fastball
take notice. Justin Verlander added another notch to his fantastic season yesterday when he held the Boston Red Sox scoreless in eight innings at Fenway, helping the Tigers avoid a four-game sweep
- Justin Ruggiano and Continuing Failure
A July 8 article in the Sun-Sentinel by Juan C. Rodriguez asked, "Is Justin Ruggiano the next Marlin to go?" The same things that made him desirable to Miami made him desirable to contenders. He
- Dumping Justin Morneau
Justin Morneau has 26 home runs in his past 270 games played, which over 162 games would be a measly 16 long balls. For a first baseman, that just does not cut it. Yet still, Morneau is owned in 58
- Expanded Four Factors: Austin Jackson's BABIP
will be taking a look at Austin Jackson, who leads all qualified hitters with a .422 BABIP. That's 29 points above the second highest BABIP, Josh Hamilton's .393, and 123 points above the MLB average of .299
- Is This The Real Justin Verlander?
The All Star Game took place on Tuesday, and for the first time since 2008, Justin Verlander was not there for the festivities. Looking at his recent performance, it seems like very, very long ago
- Looking for Justin Verlander's Curveball
Maybe it was all a setup for the headline, but in Anthony Fenech's piece about Justin Verlander and his effort to return to glory -- titled "Tigers' Verlander 'way ahead of the curve' early
- Justin Maxwell: Waiver Wire
Justin Maxwell (ESPN: 37 percent owned; Yahoo!: 14 percent owned)
If Justin Maxwell were a pitcher instead of an outfielder, his career may have ended before it even really started. While
- Justin Verlander's Location Problem
Headed into last night, the Tigers were the favorites to win the World Series in large part because they had Justin Verlander, and people tend to favor teams who have ace starters in the playoffs
- Justin Turner's Battle with BABIP
Patience is certainly a virtue, especially as it relates to fantasy baseball. However, with the hard luck season that Justin Turner had apparently decided to embrace in the first two months of 2016
- What's Upton with Justin?
If someone told you Justin Upton would finally make the jump to "superstardom" this season, you may have been slightly hesitant to believe them. After all, Upton is coming off a somewhat
- The Troubling Case of Justin Morneau
Justin Morneau's frustrating season is officially over.
After a number of nagging injuries to its first baseman, the Minnesota Twins decided to shut down its former All-Star for the remainder
- Justin Masterson's Splits
When the Cleveland Indians shipped C/1B Victor Martinez to the Boston Red Sox last July 31st, the club picked up LHP Nick Hagadone, RHP Bryan Price and RHP Justin Masterson. Hagadone was the long
- The Real Justin Upton
Through six major league seasons, we still don't know what to make of Justin Upton. He's looked like a budding superstar in 2009 and 2011, and merely an adequate outfielder in 2010 and 2012. A number
- Revisiting Justin Masterson
A couple months ago, I told you it was too early to worry about Justin Masterson. Well, we are more than half-way through June now and if I wasn't worried before, I am now.
- Prospect Packages for Justin Upton
of waiting out the Arizona Diamondbacks before swooping in and acquiring 25-year old Justin Upton. Or, maybe the Rangers lucked out when Upton rejected a trade to the Mariners for Taijuan Walker, Nick Franklin
- Braves Acquire Justin Upton
The Diamondbacks have traded Justin Upton again. This time, he's actually going away. After he rejected a deal to Seattle, they've found a new trade partner in the Atlanta Braves, and have crafted
- The Justin Verlander Issue
to receive the most first-place votes, Rick Porcello has edged out Justin Verlander to win the American League Cy Young Award. The full results of the balloting can be found here. Porcello beat Verlander
- The Aging Mountie: Justin Morneau
If you know much about me, you’re not terribly surprised I’ve chosen to profile Justin Morneau in the scope of Colonel Sanders publishing his first base rankings this past Monday. And while I think
- Justin Upton and the Allure of Upside
Justin Upton finished the season as the 21st most valuable outfielder according to our valuations. But I can almost guarantee that he'll be drafted higher than 21st among outfielders next year
- Edwin Jackson's Changeup Doing Him No Favors
Last night Edwin Jackson experienced the worst start of his career. It isn't particularly close, either. The 10 runs he surrendered in just 2.1 innings trumps his next worst start, his final one
- Edwin Jackson and Brandon McCarthy: Pitchers to Watch
struggles on the market last season, Edwin Jackson is going to be an interesting player to watch this offseason. Jackson has proven himself to be a useful player, finishing with an ERA under four
- Justin Verlander's Whiff Rate
In 2009, Detroit Tigers right-hander Justin Verlander took his performance to another level. The Old Dominion product punched out 7.19 batters per nine innings and issued 3.27 walks per nine frames
- The Recent Resurgence of Justin Morneau
It’s been a long time since Justin Morneau was anything close to a sure fantasy option. 2010 drafters had to decide which Morneau was the real thing, the player who hit .311/.390/.575 with 21 HR
- Making Sense of Justin Ruggiano
It's pretty rare for a player who was still a rookie at age-29 to ever stumble into a full-time role. But that's precisely what Justin Ruggiano is looking to do this spring. A minor leaguer since
- Justin Smoak, Finally For Real?
on this one: my "bold prediction" that Justin Smoak would be a top-15 mixed league first baseman.
That was based on the combination of a scorching September (.428 wOBA in 101 plate appearances), the switch
- Justin Upton's Trade Value
Yesterday, the Arizona Diamondbacks got an offer for Justin Upton that they would say yes to, as the Seattle Mariners reportedly agreed to ship Taijuan Walker, Nick Franklin, Charlie Furbush
- Locking Up Justin Upton
of contract extensions for Mark Reynolds and Justin Upton. His answer was unsurprisingly ambiguous, though the copy editor played it up a bit in the headline. Seeing that headline, after finding through
- The Cardinals Will be Good for Justin Masterson
ago, a guy with a 5+ ERA.
Justin Masterson, who's still on the disabled list, is going to St. Louis, and going to Cleveland is prospect James Ramsey. The Indians aren't giving up, but they no longer
- Justin Masterson's Value
to pay immediate dividends was Justin Masterson.
A 6-6, 250 pound specimen, Masterson was selected out of San Diego State in the second round of the 2006 draft. In its '06 draft coverage, Baseball
- Austin Jackson: More Than a One Category Contributor?
Hovering around replacement level in several categories does have its value. Despite offering near replacement level production in three of the five roto categories, Austin Jackson was still the 41st
- Austin Jackson Doesn't Like Throwing Fish
I guess I could have said Austin Jackson hates rain since everyone thinks it pours 365 in the Emerald City, but then again, Safeco Field is civilized enough to have a roof so inclement weather
- Why Austin Jackson Should Be Just Fine
for Franklin, they acquired center fielder Austin Jackson, filling an organizational void in the hopes of making a playoff charge of their own. They fell a game short of a wild card berth
- John Danks: The Left-Handed Edwin Jackson
save themselves the hassle of giving up talent and just sign Edwin Jackson instead.
I know that on the surface, they don't seem all that similar. Danks is a lefty, Jackson is a righty. Jackson
- FanGraphs Audio: Three Aces (and Edwin Jackson)
FanGraphs Audio surprises even itself sometimes.
In which the panel considers pitchers young and old-ish.
Second Half Jackson
Scherzer to the Max
The First Word
- Kuroda & Jackson: One-Year (Contract) Wonders
the Pedro Martinez/Roger Clemens route and sign midseason. The other two guys -- Hiroki Kuroda (#8) and Edwin Jackson (#10) -- signed nearly identical one-year contracts. Eight months later
- Edwin Jackson's HR Prevention Against LHBs
At the risk of Edwin Jackson overexposure I wanted to look at one more thing that piqued my curiosity when I was putting together my post last Thursday. Guys who predominately throw sliders
- Prospects In The Justin Upton Deal
- Is Justin Verlander a Fireballer?
- Luke Jackson and A.J. Cole: High-A Flamethrowers Of Note
someday join that club: Texas prospect Luke Jackson and Washington prospect A.J. Cole. Both righthanded pitchers are having excellent campaigns in High-A and have big velocity behind those numbers. Let's
- NLCS Statistical Scouting: Jackson vs. Marcum
now we move on to tonight's NLCS matchup: Edwin Jackson vs. Shaun Marcum.
Talking through Jackson's history as a pitcher would take well over 1,000 words and probably bore
- Fan Projection Targets: Jackson, Kemp, Markakis
will do in 2011. The projection targets offered for your consideration this afternoon are three outfielders facing different sorts of questions going into the next season: the Tigers' Austin Jackson
- George Brett, Bo Jackson, and the Finger of Honor
the result of that cause.
What one will find in this photo, after the appropriate measures have been taken, is Hall of Famer George Brett and teammate Bo Jackson, circa 1989, presenting from the lush
- Projecting Alex Jackson, Max Povse and Rob Whalen
in the majors and includes said player's Baseball America's ranking as a variable.
Alex Jackson, RF, Atlanta
Jackson has struggled to make contact ever since the Mariners popped him sixth
- Photo: Things Justin Verlander is Thinking
I know, the photo's from last week, but I just found it, so it's new to me.
Anyway, we've got two options, as we go deep inside the mind of ace Justin Verlander, as he chokes teammate Magglio
- Justin Turner: Probably Not Taking Steroids
Worst day of spring training, physicals #ihateneedles but the good news is, once today's done, baseball will officially be started!#LGM— Justin Turner (@redturn2) February 17, 2013
- Fantasy Implications: Cespedes, Volquez, Thames, and Jackson
, but even an inflated price is probably only $3-5 unless he just explodes in Spring Training.
Braves acquire Alex Jackson; Mariners acquire Rob Whalen and Max Povse
Jackson was the 6th overall pick
- Justin Maxwell Has Nice Teeth
Newly-acquired Royals outfielder Justin Maxwell has nice teeth.
And he should. From The New York Times:
Maxwell, from Olney, Md., is the son of Austin Maxwell, who was the presidential
- Justin Turner: Possibly of Irish Extraction
infielder Justin Turner came to bat earlier this week, my computer grew arms and seized my tailored lapels. I clicked on the relevant Maximum Irish Caution icon, and it took me straightaway
- Effectively Wild Episode 107: Edwin Jackson, the Cubs, and Qualifying Offers
Ben and Sam discuss Edwin Jackson and the rest of the Cubs' offseason signings and talk about how the specter of draft-pick compensation is affecting some free agents.
- Blue Jays Claim Justin Smoak
as a free agent after the A's claimed him on waivers and then released him two weeks later; that move has worked out pretty well, I'd say. So now they're trying it again, claiming Justin Smoak off
- What to do about Justin Smoak?
In one of Howard Bender's most recent Kicking Rocks articles, he identified Justin Smoak as a player experiencing a breakout season. After looking at Smoak's stats this season, it would be tough
- This Justin Upton Looks a Lot Like Old Justin Upton
of Michael Fulmer and Justin Verlander’s resurgence, the Tigers have suffered from being a bit boring, whether that’s fair or not.
They haven’t needed to go on a massive run to get themselves
- What If Justin Verlander Figured It Out?
. Ranking third on his list was fallen Tigers ace Justin Verlander, whose contract is steady even when the pitching isn't. Verlander ranked worse than Matt Kemp. Worse than Shin-Soo Choo. He's making $28
- Justin and B.J. Upton and the Brother Effect
According to Kevin Towers, a few days ago he was prepared to move on without having traded Justin Upton, as he wasn't finding enough value on the market. In lieu of an Upton trade, the Diamondbacks
- Q&A: David Ortiz and Justin Verlander
It goes without saying that David Ortiz and Justin Verlander are among the most dominant players of their era. The Red Sox slugger has a career .284/.379/.545 slash line and 391 home runs; the Tigers
- Justin Masterson's Immaculate Inning (And Then Some)
didn't even notice it had happened. Justin Masterson had struggled mightily with his command in the first three innings, needing 28 pitches to get out of the first and 21 more to get through
- Padres Reportedly Acquire Justin Upton
Well, this is fascinating. A day after finalizing the Matt Kemp trade, and on the day the Wil Myers trade is expected to be announced, the Padres have reportedly agreed to acquire Justin Upton
- Justin Verlander Is Back In Elite Company
From 2008-11, Tim Lincecum and Justin Verlander were two of the five best pitchers in the world. The only three pitchers with a higher WAR than those two over that time period were into their 30’s
- Justin Morneau, RBIs and 1B Tiers
Justin Morneau checks in with an ADP of 20 in the latest rankings from Mock Draft Central. That makes him a mid-to-late second-round pick. However, it also ranks him as the sixth-best first base
- Justin Verlander's Ninth Inning Heat
By now, there is not much that Justin Verlander does that should surprise us. The Tigers ace has thrown not one, but two no-hitters and regularly displays the hardest fastball, in terms of average
- Return to Being Useful: Justin Morneau
Justin Morneau’s place on the Colorado Rockies didn’t make much sense when the deal was announced. It was written about here, by Paul Swydan, and pretty much everywhere else. And Swydan was right
- Grabbing Justin Smoak and Nate McLouth?
It's been a pretty odd season for both Nate McLouth and Justin Smoak, but they have both made themselves roto relevant during the season's final few weeks. They have hit four and five home runs
- Justin Verlander Summits Money Mountain
For much of the offseason, Felix Hernandez, Justin Verlander, and Clayton Kershaw were non-literally linked. All three have been among the most consistently outstanding starting pitchers in the world
- Justin Masterson - Elite Starting Pitcher?
and Cliff Lee among the names closely behind. Justin Verlander and Cole Hamels had off years in 2013, arguably dropping back in the pack a bit. Matt Harvey and Jose Fernandez entered the fray loudly last
- Would You Draft Justin Morneau?
This could be the end of the line for Justin Morneau. Morneau, who suffered from a concussion during the 2010 season, was shut down early last season after experiencing recurring symptoms. When
- Justin Upton is Suddenly Bad at Everything
Justin Upton was an early favorite for National League MVP after a scalding April. The 25-year-old seemed to put 2012 behind him, hitting .298/.402/.734 through the season's first month. It looked
- Justin Turner, The Forgotten Dodgers Star
When the Dodgers traded Juan Uribe on May 27, long-time super utility player Justin Turner finally became a full-time starter. In the months since, Turner’s performance earned him praise, including
- Is Justin Masterson Actually Being Benevolent?
Justin Masterson is scheduled to be a free agent at the end of the 2014 season, but over the last few days, he's made it clear that he hopes he never gets there. He wants to re-sign with the Indians
- Q&A: Justin Masterson, Rhapsodic Masterpiece
Bob Dylan wasn’t thinking of Justin Masterson when he wrote “When I Paint My Masterpiece” -- the Indians right-hander wasn’t even born yet -- but it’s fun to imagine. Dylan sings about how someday
- Justin Upton Is Not a Park Effect Mirage
Big news everyone - Justin Upton is still on the trade block. He has been for about three years now, and he will continue to be until he is mercifully traded to a team that wants him more than
- Justin Duchscherer Should Help O's
Over his last 169.2 innings pitched, Justin Duchscherer’s ERA+ is 160, which ain’t too shabby, as the kids say (Note: Kids don’t say this at all). Looking at other pitchers with similar innings
- Justin Upton Is Having A Rough Week
Things have not gone well for Justin Upton this season. After posting an MVP-caliber season in 2011, Upton has struggled to reach the same level this year. The situation worsened on Tuesday, when
- Justin Masterson's Valuable New Role
starter Justin Masterson, who made his first All-Star team this year and has exactly zero career saves to his name. Masterson missed most of the final month with an oblique injury and is not considered
- Q&A: Justin Bour, Marlins Slugger
Justin Bour is a big man who hits bombs. The 27-year-old Miami Marlins rookie is 6-foot-4, 250 pounds — and this season, 10 of his 14 home runs have gone at least 400 feet. On Saturday, he clubbed
- Making Further Sense of Justin Ruggiano
Last Thursday, fellow RotoGrapher Chris Cwik tried to make sense of Justin Ruggiano's half a season breakout performance last year. Chris primarily focused on historical comparables and concluded
- Let's Talk About Justin Masterson
Perhaps I should have written this piece last week. Because last week, Justin Masterson had a sub-two ERA and people were talking about him and his new approach against lefties. Then again, this week
- Q&A: Justin Ruggiano, Opportunistic Marlin
Going into last season, Justin Ruggiano was your classic AAAA player. A soon to turn 30-year-old outfielder, he’d appeared in 98 big-league games over three seasons, hitting just .226. The Rays had
- Will 2013 Be Justin Morneau's Last Stand?
Once upon a time, Justin Morneau was a very solid player. He was never the player his most-valuable-player status would have seemed to convey, though he was still solid. But that time was more than
- The Rockies Don't Need Justin Morneau
It’s been rumored for awhile now, but over the Thanksgiving break, the intensity of rumors linking the Colorado Rockies to Justin Morneau increased. But Morneau is not going to improve the Rockies
- 2015 Pod Projections: Justin Verlander
MVP and Cy Young awards back in 2011, Justin Verlander followed up strongly the next season, finishing second in the Cy Young voting. But in 2013, his fastball velocity slipped for a third straight
- Justin Verlander: Ready to Regain Righteousness
was a batting title contender, so was interested in seeing what I could get for him.
Enter Justin Verlander. The Tigers' ace, (at the time) had a 1.83 ERA and was 3-2 in April, and had hit a rough spot in May
- Exploring Justin Upton's Trade Value
ever truly know for certain who is "available" on the trade market, we can say with reasonable confidence that Justin Upton is. As the Braves signaled their intention to shift from win-now
- Deep League Waiver Wire: Conor Jackson, Darwin Barney, Wilson Ramos
In today's Deep League Waiver Wire, we look at three players who could help your batting average, among other things.
Conor Jackson | 0% Owned (Y!) | 0% Owned (ESPN)
Playing for the Arizona
- In Austin Jackson, Mariners Land Decent Player and Massive Upgrade
with David Price, but they did get themselves involved in the deal, adding Austin Jackson and subtracting Nick Franklin. Jackson has only another eight months of team control, and it would appear he
- Shoeless Joe Jackson Died 62 Years Ago Today
Joe Jackson was born July 16, 1887, in Pickens County, South Carolina. He died sixty-four years later, on December 5, 1951, exactly sixty-two years ago. He is remembered for two things: his nickname
- Would Taking a One-Year Deal Help Edwin Jackson?
, and Edwin Jackson. Fielder is still available due to a strategy decision by his agent, who has dragged out the process to try and lure more teams into the bidding. Oswalt is reportedly being picky about
- Video: Justin Verlander on His Future Cause of Death
Making an appearance on TV's Conan on Wednesday, Detroit Tiger SuperAce Justin Verlander announced both to O'Brien and all of America that he will one day die either of congestive heart failure
- FanGraphs Audio: Justin Merry of Red Reporter
and/or Foolhardy Playoff Predictions
... and other make-or-break propositions!
Justin Merry (a.k.a. Justin Inaz) of Red Reporter and Beyond the Boxscore.
Finally, you can subscribe
- Mariners' Scouting Director Tom McNamara on Alex Jackson and High School Picks
With the sixth-overall pick of this year's amateur draft, the Seattle Mariners selected 18-year-old Alex Jackson out of Rancho Bernardo [CA] High School. Their second selection, which came
- FanGraphs Audio: Marlins Outfielder Justin Ruggiano
David Laurila, curator of FanGraphs’ Q&A Series, talks with Marlins outfielder Justin Ruggiano about the latter's baseball-related travels, including stops in Taiwan, Mexico, Venezuela
- Justin Verlander May Be Hurting, But Is He Injured?
, but there are always muscles that are tightening, muscles that are not functioning properly,” Cabrera said in Spanish. “It’s part of the process. The same thing is happening to Justin Verlander
- The Last Pitch of Justin Masterson's Complete Game
It will likely come as no surprise to the reader to learn that Cleveland right-hander Justin Masterson and the author have a lot in common: we both lived in the Boston area for a little while, we
- Justin Verlander: Atypical Game, Typical Results
"You labored, it wasn't a typical Justin Verlander game."
That was TBS's Craig Sager, just after Phil Coke made Justin Verlander's Game 3 performance officially stand up: 8.1 innings, three hits
- Trading Half of Justin Masterson Is Not As Crazy As It Sounds
Bob Nightengale says that the Yankees are looking into trading for Justin Masterson. Meanwhile, Buster Olney says there are “no legs” to that rumor. Who’s to say they can’t both be right? Sure, any
- Reports: Tigers Close to Signing Justin Upton
All winter, it's been pretty clear that the Tigers needed another outfielder, and with an apparently soft market for Yoenis Cespedes and Justin Upton, it seemed perfectly logical for the Tigers
- Field of Streams: Episode 161 – Live With Justin Mason
Episode 161 - Live With Justin Mason
The latest episode of “Field of Streams” is live!
In this episode, Dylan Higgins and Brad Johnson are joined by Justin Mason in a live recording to discuss
- Justin Upton: A Potential Value Trap for the Tigers
Justin Upton’s recent $132.75M/6-year contract with the Tigers does not seem, on the surface, like an outrageous contract. And right now it isn’t; at age 28, Justin should be hitting his prime. Since
- Effectively Wild Episode 126: Justin Upton is Actually Traded
Ben and Sam analyze the Justin Upton trade and Arizona's offseason.
- Have You Seen Justin Verlander's Fastball?
fastball drop significantly, and among that group is Detroit Tigers ace Justin Verlander.
In 2006, the only starting pitcher in baseball with a higher velocity average on his fastball was Felix
- Justin Upton's Youth and Power in the Free Agent Market
By most accounts, Justin Upton has delivered on his promise as a former number-one draft pick and top prospect, hitting 190 home runs and averaging roughly four wins per season since turning 21 years
- Why Nobody Is Talking About Justin Upton
Check out the MLB Trade Rumors page for Justin Upton, and you find something strange. Since a report on November 13 that the outfielder had been extended a qualifying offer, Upton has been invoked
- Justin Masterson's (Almost) All-Fastball Dominance
Lou Marson had a pretty easy eight innings catching Justin Masterson Tuesday night against the Minnesota Twins. Any catcher would gladly receive for a performance like Masterson's -- eight scoreless
- JABO: Justin Turner Has Earned a Starting Job
name among this elite group of hitters?
Dodgers infielder Justin Turner. Yes, the same Justin Turner who began the year as LA's second-string utility guy, as he wasn't even the team's top infield
- What Justin Verlander Can Teach Us
Justin Verlander had himself a fine season, you may have heard. The first pitcher to win both the MVP and the Cy in about a quarter-century, he combined superlative peripherals with just a little bit
- Cliff Lee to Texas for Justin Smoak, Finalized
, he joins the division rival Texas Rangers, along with RP Mark Lowe. Coming back to Seattle will be Justin Smoak and three others according to this Joel Sherman tweet. This deal has also been
- Cole Hamels' Three-Pitch Strikeout of Justin Ruggiano
Cole Hamels' three-pitch strikeout of Justin Ruggiano during the first inning of Monday night's Phillies-Marlins game (box) in Miami isn't more significant than most other three-pitch strikeouts
- How Much Better Could Justin Masterson Be?
The other day, the Cleveland Indians announced that Justin Masterson will be their starter on Opening Day, barring some sort of injury. One might consider this damning with faint praise
- FG on Fox: The Coors Field Effect on Justin Morneau
Justin Morneau is off to a great start this year; of course, this is also his first year playing for the Rockies. Most people enjoy playing half their games in a park that greatly inflates offense
- JABO: Rick Porcello as Young Justin Masterson
The Red Sox clearly have a thing for Justin Masterson. They drafted him with their second-round pick in 2006, then developed him into one of their best young pitching prospects before the Indians
- Justin Turner, Marlon Byrd, and an Education in Hitting
Justin Turner isn't Babe Ruth -- mostly because only Babe Ruth is Babe Ruth. Of late, however, Turner's numbers have been Ruthian in nature. Consider: since the beginning of 2014, only two hitters
- Gauging the Trade Value of Miguel Cabrera, Justin Verlander
The Detroit Tigers find themselves at a crossroads as this offseason begins. With players like Miguel Cabrera and Justin Verlander -- stars who can still contribute but who are on the wrong side
- Justin Verlander Wins 2011 AL Cy Young
The BBWAA confirmed what most already expected Tuesday by tabbing Justin Verlander as the 2011 American League Cy Young award winner. Verlander was absolutely dominant in 2011, pacing both circuits
- Justin Verlander: Ace, or Merely Above Average?
in the American League.
While the continued disappointment and injury issues concerning star-crossed righty Jeremy Bonderman got some attention, the majority will point to Justin Verlander's
- Justin Masterson with a Little Help from His Friends
There is a lot of uncertainty surrounding Justin Masterson. The Indians are rumored to be listening to offers on both he and shortstop Asdrubal Cabrera, and either of those moves could have
- Should You Worry About Justin Masterson?
If you happen to be a FG+ subscriber, and you happen to have visited Justin Masterson's page, and you happen to have read his 2014 FanGraphs+ Profile, you saw these lines: "Fantasy owners will look
- Justin Maxwell Cuts Down, Heats Up
For the first time in years, Justin Maxwell is in demand.
OK, so it's not a crazy, opening-scene-of-a-Beatles-movie demand, but still, his ownership has jumped 20% in CBS leagues in the past week
- Free Agent Fantasy Impact: Justin Duchscherer
Because he did not pitch this season due to elbow and mental issues, Justin Duchscherer will be passed over by many major league clubs as he enters free agency for the first time this offseason. Even
- Justin Upton Cuts his K Rate
Following a mildly disappointing 2010 campaign, Justin Upton is enjoying his best offensive season to date in 2011. Upton has a .299/.384/.522 triple-slash for the first-place Arizona Diamondbacks
- Justin Verlander Needs to Change to Counter Change
Justin Verlander has a 3.55 ERA. Seems a little strange to be worried about a pitcher with a 3.55 ERA. But, a few things, about that ERA:
it is worse than some of his old ERAs
- Reviewing 2015 Pod Projections: Justin Verlander
programming, where I'll recap my Justin Verlander projection. Heading into 2015, Verlander was a tough man to forecast. In 2014, his ERA jumped by more than a run, marking just the second time in his
- Jarrod Dyson and Justin Maxwell: Waiver Wire
. If you're in a position to move up in stolen bases, you should probably give Dyson a look.
Justin Maxwell, HOU |OF| Ownership: ESPN - 3.0% Yahoo - 2.0%
There have been plenty of struggles
- Justin Smoak, Will Middlebrooks: Corner Infield Waiver Wire
at this time of year, but it's certainly not impossible.
Justin Smoak, SEA |1B| Ownership: ESPN - 24.2% Yahoo - 22.0%
After listening to my 15-year old nephew's incessant yammering about
- Gary Sheffield's 1993 Trade and Justin Upton
Rumors have swirled around Justin Upton for some time now. The Diamondbacks are reportedly considering dealing the man once considered their franchise right fielder.
Upton, then 23, was a major
- Reconsidering Brett Lawrie and Justin Smoak, Again
It’s time to talk about Brett Lawrie and Justin Smoak yet again. These two have been through the spin cycle from hyped prospects, to busts, to post-hype sleepers, to post-hype busts. The majority
- Justin Upton Needs To Hit More Fly Balls
Justin Upton is still a member of the Arizona Diamondbacks. During the off-season, there was no reason to think that the 24-year-old outfielder would be a potential trade candidate. Upton was coming
- Daniel Norris, Justin Verlander, and the Tiger Slider
Don't ask Justin Verlander if his new harder slider is a cutter, apparently. "Verlander is steadfast on this -- he's not throwing a cutter. It's a slider," is how Chris McCosky characterized
- Justin Masterson Could Be Quite a Bit Better with Cardinals
The St. Louis Cardinals have added Justin Masterson to their rotation. The new team should be good for the right-hander, as Jeff Sullivan wrote on the non-fantasy side. Bernie Miklasz, long-time
- David DeJesus & Justin Bour: Deep League Wire
some appeal in deep leagues.
Justin Bour / 1B / Miami Marlins / 3%
You might remember Bour as the man who broke up Shelby Miller’s would-be no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning earlier
- Justin Morneau and the Pirates' First Base Platoon
The team is not resting on their laurels, though. Having already acquired Marlon Byrd and John Buck from the Mets, the Pirates are now rumored to be trying to get Justin Morneau from the Twins. The Pirates
- Breaking Down the Prospects in the Justin Upton Trade
The Braves are sending right fielder Justin Upton and a yet-to-be-named-publicly low level prospect to the Padres for for pitcher Max Fried, center fielder Mallex Smith, second baseman Jace Peterson
- Mike Ilitch Gives His Money to Justin Upton
The first of them cracked. Justin Upton and Yoenis Cespedes remained on the free-agent market, and all around the league, teams indicated they didn't want to make the necessary commitments
- Justin Wilson on His Reverse Splits and Motown Role
Justin Wilson is all about getting outs, and he’s done a laudable job of getting them. Over four full seasons, and a fraction of a fifth — two-plus with the Pirates and one each with the Yankees
- Effectively Wild Episode 117: Justin Upton Update: Still Not Traded
Ben and Sam discuss the rejected trade that would have made Justin Upton a Mariner.
- Q&A: Justin Nicolino, Miami Marlins Pitching Prospect
Justin Nicolino has been called “an intelligent student of the game.” It's an accurate description and a big reason the 22-year-old southpaw is one of the top prospects in the Miami Marlins
- Totally Unaltered Tweet: Zombie Justin Verlander
- Video: Bo Jackson Throwing Out Mike Gallego in 1993
- Effectively Wild Episode 28: Austin Jackson and Debating Defense/What Does the Mariners' Winning Streak Mean?
Ben and Sam discuss Austin Jackson's excellent catch, whether he's the best defensive center fielder in baseball, and whether it's even possible to decide one way or another, then dissect Seattle's