- The Feast of St. Hunt the Hurt
Not always "fun to read" or even "think momentarily about," our exercise in blasphemy continues today with a minor, but compelling, figure from baseballing lore.
Hunt the Hurt
- Spring Training Stat Hunt
- Ron Hunt Got Hit Like Nobody Else
however when it comes to plunkings though and for the same reason. Both Biggio and Baylor had large strikeout and walk totals to go with their painful free passes.
In contrast, consider Ron Hunt
- Ken Griffey Junior Executive
Ken Griffey Junior Executive is nothing like a junior executive. Rather, at age 20, he is the Chief Executive of World Baseball Talent. He reports directly to Willie Mays himself.
- Chris Davis and the Orioles Hanging in Playoff Hunt
- Media eInterviews: Ken Davidoff
Follow Ken Davidoff on twitter and you'll know that he is an even-handed and fair analyst of the game that is friendly to advanced statistics. If you're lucky enough to be an Optimum Online cable
- Ken Harrelson on the Banking Industry
The New York Times had a lovely piece yesterday on Ken Harrelson, White Sox broadcaster and sabermetric denier. We at NotGraphs caught up with him yesterday evening, while he was putting
- Ken Griffey, Jr.: Crimestopper
For many 9-year-olds the country over, the 1989 Upper Deck Ken Griffey card was distinctly an Item of Interest. It was the No. 1 card in the company's inaugural set, and it featured Griffey, who
- Ken Caminiti's Goody Bag
"Ken Caminiti calls it his goody bag. The black and green duffel accompanies him on every road trip, along with his bats and the black mitt that helped him win his second Gold Glove award last season
- The Greatness of Ken Griffey Jr
In a few hours, Ken Griffey Jr will be announced as the newest member of the Baseball Hall of Fame. He may be joined by Mike Piazza, or he may end up going in alone, but there's no question
- Q&A: Ken Singleton
Ken Singleton is among the most underrated players of his era. The former Expo and Oriole finished in the top 10 in OBP nine times from 1973 to 1983 — topping the .400 mark four times, and seven
- Poem with Lines Exclusively by Ken Rosenthal
Ken Rosenthal has something to say.
Like most men who wear bow-style ties without irony, very spry baseball reporter Ken Rosenthal is not immune to the charms of the beaux arts. As the following
- Marcel of Joy: An Etherview with Ken Arneson
in various Manet-inspired poses. (Please stop doing that.) And finally one guy, Ken Arneson, said that, while it might be impossible, he was trying real hard to do it and that the field of neuroesthetics
- Andruw Jones and Ken Griffey Jr.
, then experienced a significant drop-off in value from that point on. That other player is Ken Griffey Jr. More on him later.
Andruw Jones came up with the Atlanta Braves in 1996, making his Major
- Spotted: Ken Griffey Jr.'s Van
, immediately, I know what you're thinking: That can't be Ken Griffey Jr.'s van. But, look, here's my point, and please, hear me out: It probably is.
Either that's Ken Griffey Jr.'s van, or there's another
- Ken Rosenthal Is Getting a Little Bit Sexy
- Ken Griffey Jr. Hates Norm MacDonald
for baseball fans, is Ken Griffey Jr.'s reaction to MacDonald's set. First, after Norm makes a Hideki Irabu joke (around 1:05 on the video), the camera pans over to Griffey, who is not pleased at all
- Piffle: Another Winsome Etherview with Ken Arneson
Note: While the following isn't technically a book, it's very close to book-length. This was unintentional. On the plus side, Ken Arneson knows how to rock the mic right.
Readers will remember Ken
- More On Ken Griffey Jr.'s Career
Of course Ken Griffey Jr. is going to be a Hall of Famer. He's going to be a first ballot hall of famer at that, and deservedly so. "The Kid" was among the best in Major League Baseball throughout
- Astros Acquire Ken Giles, Underrated Relief Ace
around various options, the team today acquired a potentially dominating new closer.
Told #Astros trading pitchers Vince Velasquez, Brett Oberholtzer and Brian Fisher to Phillies for closer Ken
- Ken Giles: Because the Phillies Deserve a Bright Spot
really talked about him yet, let's focus today on Ken Giles, who very well might be the team's closer this year should Jonathan Papelbon get moved.
Let's start with some small sample sizes to output
- Projecting Derek Fisher, Part of the Return for Ken Giles
On Wednesday night, the Astros acquired lights-out reliever Ken Giles from the Phillies in exchange for Vincent Velasquez, Brett Oberholtzer, Thomas Eshelman and outfield prospect Derek Fisher
- Ken Giles: Jerome Holtzman's Final Victim?
is that over the winter the Astros traded Vincent Velasquez, Mark Appel, Thomas Eshelman, Harold Arauz, and Brett Oberholtzer to the Phillies for Ken Giles and Jonathan Arauz. Giles, as you likely know
- Ode on a Ken Phelps Starting Lineup Action Figure
- Lessons in Procrastination II: Ken Griffey Jr. Presents Major League Baseball
Were there an award for longest NotGraphs post title, I'd have just won it. And were I to give a speech celebrating the acceptance of said fictional award, I'd only thank Ken Griffey Jr
- 2014 Ken Giles: 2011 Craig Kimbrel's Long-Lost Brother
of the Mets. Ken Giles of the Phillies may not be considered a contender for the award, but by every statistical measure Giles's 2014 rookie season compares favorably with Craig Kimbrel's 2011 RoY
- Game One According To Ken Griffey Jr. Presents MLB
video games. We'll start it out with an old standby: Ken Griffey Jr. Presents Major League Baseball for the Super Nintendo.
Remember kids, illegal emulation is wrong, except when it feels oh, so
- What Ken Griffey Means for Mike Trout's Hall of Fame Timeline
Yesterday, Ken Griffey Jr. was elected to the Hall of Fame, receiving the largest proportion of votes of any player in baseball history; 437 of the 440 voters to cast ballots checked the box
- Arauz By Any Other Name: Projecting the Arauzes in the Ken Giles Trade
In the days since we first caught wind of the Ken Giles trade, we've learned of a few players who weren't previously thought to be included. For one, the Astros sent pitching prospect Mark Appel
- Ken from Marketing Attempts Small Talk re: Baseball
- Inserting Brian Kenny, Susan Slusser, Ken Rosenthal, and Mike Piazza's Names Into Works of Literature For Some Reason
reporter Ken Rosenthal, and former catcher Mike Piazza’s names into a revered representation of the Western Canon, thus making it much louder and unlisten-to-able.
In today’s episode, self
- Happy Al Martin Luther Hackman Jeff King Ken Griffey Jr. Day