- Scouting Cuban OFs Luis Moiran Robert, Julio Pablo Martinez
as a supplement to this week's July 2 content, as both of them would fall under the J2 bonus guidelines were they to leave Cuba.
Luis Moiran Robert, OF, 6'2, 180, R/R
Robert (the second syllable
- A Luis Severino Update
After his first nine Major League starts, Luis Severino has somehow failed to excite any of us RotoGraphers enough to convince us to write an article about him. So here it is, finally. Before
- Luis Severino and Defining the Debut Adrenaline Effect
league debut was full of butterflies for Owens. And so it was for Luis Severino. Just in a different way than most.
We don't have the debut date for every pitcher in the PITCHf/x era, but we do
- Yankees Bolster Their Rotation with Luis Severino
of top prospect Luis Severino may have been the primary reason for the Yankees' inaction. Minutes after the non-waiver trade deadline had passed, Brian Cashman revealed the 21-year-old's next start
- Cubs Swap Luis Valbuena for Dexter Fowler
surprised that the Cubs shipped Luis Valbuena to the Astros in exchange for Dexter Fowler and Dan Straily.
Valbuena and Fowler are somewhat similar players, as both draw a lot of walks and have average
- Luis Valbuena: Bueno, or No?
This is an article about Luis Valbuena. What follows might be rendered moot if Kris Bryant wins the Cubs' third base job out of spring training next year. Even if Bryant doesn't do so, he's probably
- Luis Valbuena Is Suddenly A Line-Drive Machine
Despite extremely low ownership rates (5% Yahoo, 3.5% ESPN, 14% CBS), Luis Valbuena has performed well enough so far this season to make himself mixed-league relevant. The 28-year-old currently owns
- Deep League Third Base: Luis Valbuena and Ed Lucas
One of those answers seemed to be waiver wire darling Luis Valbuena, who through April and May was hitting .264/.372/.464 with six home runs and 17 RBI. He was a player that seemed to have decent
- Belated Bat-Flip Coverage: Luis Valbuena Singles
For years, Luis Valbuena's minor-league resume seemed to suggest that he could develop into an entirely serviceable major-league infielder. For almost as many years, that didn't happen
- An Apology to Luis Valbuena and Dioner Navarro
Luis Valbuena struggles against fastballs, and is Michael-Jackson-bad against all other pitches. In an alternate world in which the Cubs actually cared about the difference between 61 and 65 wins
- Historical GIF: Luis Tiant's Father, 1975
Some men smoke a cigarette after making love. Other, more virile men -- like Luis Tiant, Sr., for example -- smoke a cigarette while making love. It's a practice borne out of necessity, of course
- Daily Notes, Largely Concerning Luis Avilan's Curve
Table of Contents
Here's the table of contents for today's edition of Daily Notes.
1. Featured Pitch: Luis Avilan's Curve
2. Today's Notable Games (Including MLB.TV Free Game)
- Luis Sardinas: Best SS You've Never Heard Of
In heading to Greenville, South Carolina for an early September pair to see the Hickory Crawdads (Rangers), no prospect interested me more than shortstop Luis Sardinas. A few days earlier, a contact
- Luis Cruz & Johnny Giavotella: Deep League WW
are a pair of middle infielders who might actually contribute.
Luis Cruz | LAD SS/3B | CBS 11% Owned
Cruz has been a career minor leaguer, racking up an astounding 4,891 plate appearances
- FanGraphs Audio: In the Clubhouse with Luis Exposito
David Laurila, curator of FanGraphs’ Q&A Series, talks to catcher Luis Exposito, who recently made his major-league debut with Baltimore not long after being DFA'd by Boston.
- Pursue the Next Ayala, Not Luis Himself
Jim Bowden tweeted over the weekend that six teams were pursuing reliever Luis Ayala. The list of suitors included progressive teams like the Red Sox, Yankees, Rays and Blue Jays. Since these teams
- Luis Valbuena: Toronto's Starting 2B?
starting second baseman in Luis Valbuena. Valbuena, 26 this week, had no shot at meaningful playing time while stuck behind Asdrubal Cabrera and Jason Kipnis, and he has done his best Juan Castro
- Trevor Plouffe and Luis Perez: Deep League Waiver Wire
average. He has a little bit of speed, so could swipe a couple of bases, but you're really just banking on some long balls from Plouffe.
Luis Perez, TOR SP | 3% Owned
After pitching as a starter
- Should the Phillies Sign Luis Castillo?
The news that the Mets had released Luis Castillo this morning was hardly a shock, as it has been speculated on for months now - neither side was particularly happy with the marriage, and the Mets
- Luis Perdomo Dislikes Thrillers
Back in the early part of the summer I wrote about Padres’ long-man Luis Perdomo. To call him a mop-up man is being generous. His average leverage index is 0.26, which is almost half of the next
- Luis Perdomo: The Ultimate Low-Leverage Reliever
Everyone suspected Luis Perdomo’s usage and the score of the game would have a relationship built upon by managerial artifice and desire to slowly transition Perdomo from Double-A to the majors. Thus