- Hanson Hooks on with Rangers
- A Resurgence of Young Postseason Starters
The playoffs of the 1960s saw good performances by young starters like Steve Carlton, Tom Seaver, and Mel Stottlemyre. Jim Bouton averaged a 1.51 ERA for the Yankees in the 1963 and 1964 World Series
- You, Too, Can Break Japan's HR Record
• He taps his toe a bit.
• He waggles the bat just a wee bit, but his body is otherwise almost motionless.
• He also runs incredibly slow. Almost Mel-Gibson-towards-a-camera
- Happy 22nd Birthday, Mike Trout
- Metaphors You May No Longer Use in a Baseball Broadcast
Mel Allen's time, for instance -- when you could indulge in the metaphors that you have just heard, even go on at some length within the captive embrace of the metaphors that you have just heard
- Mariano Rivera and Father Time: Comebacks After 40
went to Tommy Lasorda. Three years later, Mel Stottlemyre won it.) I frankly don't know why the Pirates refused to call him up; they finished 6th that year, a year after winning the World Series
- Double-Error, Game-Winning Plays
heading to the bottom of the ninth. Mel Stottlemyre was on the mound for New York. Detroit scored three on a double, single, ground out and home run, sending the game to extras. Bob Miller held
- Moyer's Age, Youk's Shirt: Dotes for March 27
- D-Backs' Ray Montgomery on Bauer and Bradley
on a circle changeup extensively in instructional league. I think it’s going to be a good pitch for him. Our player development guys -- Mel Stottlemyre,Jr. and Jeff Pico -- did a nice job citing the emphasis
- Random Facts About Melky
Burials of Melquiades Estrada is a pretty good movie.
3) Melquiades means "Rey por la gracia de Dios."
4) That's "King by the grace of God" for you gringos.
5) Melky is sorta like Mel for you gringos
- Andy Pettitte Hangs 'Em Up
to say that Pettitte was the most valuable Yankees pitcher since 1980.
Only three pitchers in Yankees history have thrown more innings for the team than Pettitte: Whitey Ford, Red Ruffing, and Mel
- Moyer's Not Alone
getting thumped, here's a look at the worst pitching performance by a playoff starter in MLB history.
October 14th, 1996. 12 years ago tomorrow, Todd Stottlemyre took the hill for the Cardinals
- Same Song, Second Verse
with a staff or proven veterans and Mel Stottlemyre as the pitching coach, but instead, the starters ERA is 4.98 while pitching half their games in a pitchers park.
The season is already over