- Devon Travis, Sign Stealer?
- Why Austin Jackson Should Be Just Fine
for Franklin, they acquired center fielder Austin Jackson, filling an organizational void in the hopes of making a playoff charge of their own. They fell a game short of a wild card berth
- Austin Jackson Doesn't Like Throwing Fish
of dumb luck? Or is he going to, as Mike Tyson once said, "fade into Bolivian."
Austin Jackson was ranked 31st in our pre-season ranking thing, which means he should have been rostered in most
- Austin Jackson: More Than a One Category Contributor?
Hovering around replacement level in several categories does have its value. Despite offering near replacement level production in three of the five roto categories, Austin Jackson was still the 41st
- Mike Newman Prospects Chat - 5/31/13
Mike Newman: Hello all, thanks for joining me today! We'll get started in about 15-minutes. While you wait, please check out my piece from earlier today on June leaders for the top
- Video: Bo Jackson Throwing Out Mike Gallego in 1993
- Mike Newman Prospects Chat - 5/3/13
defense is a hair below the Red Sox product.12:26Comment From JosephWith Mike Foltynewicz's promotion to AA in mind, if he were to finish the year in AAA, where would be among the game's top pitching
- Mike Petriello's 10 Bold Predictions For 2013
year. (This is also in somewhat direct opposition to Mike Axisa saying that League will be the first closer to lose his job.) Obviously, I'm not going to argue that League is the better pitcher, because
- Edwin Jackson Heads to the Windy City
Yesterday, the Cubs officially inked Edwin Jackson to a four-year contract. Good for Edwin, now he has a chance to actually be with one team for four seasons. In just 10 seasons in the Majors, he has
- Kuroda & Jackson: One-Year (Contract) Wonders
the Pedro Martinez/Roger Clemens route and sign midseason. The other two guys -- Hiroki Kuroda (#8) and Edwin Jackson (#10) -- signed nearly identical one-year contracts. Eight months later
- Nationals Sign Jackson, But to What End?
Per Jon Heyman of CBS Sports, 28-year-old right-hander Edwin Jackson and the Washington Nationals have reached an agreement on a one-year deal worth somewhere in the $8-12 million range. Pending
- Strong Finishers: Edwin Jackson and Brian Matusz
with question marks. In the RotoGraphs Player Rankings, Jackson and Matusz ranked right next to each other in the Red Hot Chili Peppers tier (the fourth tier). While I could sit here and debate Mike Podhorzer's
- Readings: Reggie Jackson, Part II
• As Perry notes, just before the start of the 1976 season, Oakland owner Charlie Finley traded Reggie Jackson and Ken Holtzman to Baltimore for Don Baylor and Mike Torrez
- Athletics Acquire Conor Jackson
at that position today, acquiring Conor Jackson from the Diamondbacks.
This is a classic buy low from Beane. Conor Jackson has been struggling since an unfortunate encounter with valley fever in 2009. In his