Sort by Date
- Randy Johnson's Countdown
Randy Johnson has not pitched particularly well this season, for instance see yesterday's shelling at the hands of the Rockies. In fact, outside of Tim Lincecum, nobody in the Giants rotation has
- Randy Johnson Retires
Randy Johnson announced his retirement today. There are thousands upon thousands of words that could, and should, be written about Randy Johnson. His career numbers are remarkable. The mark he left
- A Small Randy Johnson Retrospective
As you have surely heard, Randy Johnson announced his retirement last night. Matthew took the first look at this, noting that he retires as someone who could be a three-win pitcher next year. Here
- Free Agent Bargain: Randy Johnson
Moving back to the mound in our series on free agent bargains, we find an interesting name - the tallest player in baseball and a sure fire Hall of Famer, you wouldn't think Randy Johnson would fly
- Randy Johnson: Just for Men Pitchman
(Get it, pitchman?)
Because when I want to advertise a beauty project, I call Randy Johnson!
This advertisement just adds
- Comparing Livan Hernandez and Randy Johnson
Prior to the start of the 2009 season, the thought of comparing Livan Hernandez and Randy Johnson was ludicrous. Mets fans rolled their eyes when the club signed Hernandez while Giants fans were
- Pedro Martinez and Randy Johnson at Their Best, Today
Among others, baseball's Hall of Fame will prepare to welcome Pedro Martinez and Randy Johnson. For them, there was zero suspense: Hall of Famers don't get more automatic, and as easy
- Randy Winn to the Yankees
The New York Yankees have added another veteran piece to an already stacked ballclub, signing outfielder Randy Winn to a one-year deal, worth a reported $2MM. 2009 was the first season since 2006
- Johnson's Domination
in a similar span should not be overlooked. Though the numbers compiled in this peak may not be as impressive in the grand scheme of things they point to a domination of hitters. I'm speaking of Randy
- MLB Tiered Third Base Rankings: 2016 Preseason
- Miguel Sano: The big early riser at third base?
- Matt Duffy: In Which Direction Will He Trend?
- Buying Brock Holt's Hot Start
- Jake Lamb: A Viable Option in the Desert
- Third Base Stock Watch: April 27th, 2016
- The Continued Ascent of Mike Moustakas
- On Kris Bryant's Improving Contact%
- The Inevitable Travis Shaw Regression
- Jumping on the Brandon Drury Bandwagon
- All In on Odorizzi
- Cutters [and Sliders] w/ Roger McDowell & Randy St. Claire
Savvy baseball fans know the difference between a cutter and a slider, but what differentiates the two pitches is a mystery to many. Roger McDowell and Randy St. Claire understand the nuances of both
- Brad Johnson RotoGraphs Chat - 5/24
The transcript is below.
Brad Johnson: Let's get this going. I tried putting an apple in my smoothie today and it's gross
Alex: Hey Brad. My Drew Smyly
- Brad Johnson RotoGraphs Chat – 5/17
Here's the transcript of today's chat. Lot's of fun topics.
Breakout Stars..?: Brandon Drury, Danny Valencia?
Brad Johnson: What are you looking
- Brad Johnson RotoGraphs Chat - 5/10
Brad Johnson: Ahoy there. Let's get this shindig started
JD: Hi Brad, should I drop any of Gausman, Conley, Roark for Rodon in a 10-teamer H2H redraft? I
- Brad Johnson RotoGraphs Chat - 5/3
Here's the transcript in glorious HD!
Brad Johnson: Hey all, I opened the queue early to post a poll, but I'm not taking questions yet. If you submit one, I WILL skip it. See you
- Brad Johnson RotoGraphs Chat – 4/26/16
Brad Johnson: I do think they'll recover, but the damage is already done. You'll need to get lucky streaming high end relievers to make up for it
- Brad Johnson RotoGraphs Chat - 4/19/16
Chat Transcript below!
Shawn: James Shields still top 30ish SP?
Brad Johnson: No, not remotely close.
Brad Johnson: He's
- Brad Johnson Baseball Chat -- 4/3/14
2:48MLB: 11:48Comment From Fantasy GuruBrad!!!!! I need your fantasy guidance this afternoon!!! Should I start Yordano Ventura in Detroit? Over/Under an ERA of 3.50? 11:49Brad Johnson: Because you
- Brad Johnson RotoGraphs Chat - 4/12/16
Transcript from Tuesday's chat!
Brad Johnson: Ok, I've opened the chat early since I forgot to set the queue to open. You should be able to post questions now
- Brad Johnson's 10 Bold Predictions
at RotoGraphs, it is customary to list 10 such bold picks; also Eno ordered me to do so.
1. Erik Johnson will be the second best starting pitcher for the White Sox
Johnson has good stuff
- The Daily Grind: McCullers, Flande, Elias, Paxton
lefties tomorrow - Matt Boyd and Randy Wolf. That means plenty of work for Ryan Raburn, Mike Aviles, Yan Gomes, and Chris Johnson. None of those names are overly attractive. You'll be hoping volume makes
- Brad Johnson's 10 Bold Predictions
- Brad Johnson's 10 Bold Predictions
- Brad Johnson's 10 Timid Predictions
- Brad Johnson RotoGraphs Chat - 4/5/16
- Mustache Watch: Randy Savage
Behold, fathom and regard ...
No, contrary to appearances, that's not the bassist for Grand Funk backstage in a Cards jersey. That's Randy Poffo, vastly better known by his nom de guerre
- The Daily Grind: 5-24-14 - Presented by FanDuel
his 5.40 ERA, but the Tigers are not your garden variety offense.
Hey, I found both Randy Wolf and Jimmy Nelson. And I'm not really sure where to put them. Nelson is mildly interesting as a guy you
- The Daily Grind: 6-6-14 - Presented by FanDuel
offense in baseball - the Chicago Cubs - happens to rank ninth best against left-handed pitching. So you can still target them against veteran lefty Randy Wolf.
Roberto Hernandez has days when he
- The Daily Grind: Ross, McCullers, Conforto, Sweeney
a breather against Milwaukee's deconstructed lineup. Hopefully, Taylor Jungmann will pick today to regress.
Stack Targets: Matt Barnes, Randy Wolf, Aaron Harang, Justin Nicolino, Chris Rusin
- The Daily Grind: Polanco, Gio, Matz, Stroman
If you're feeling fade-sy, Luis Severino is $7,400 against the Blue Jays. I don't have the stomach for the matchup opposite Price. Erik Johnson ($5,000) is the bargain play.
Stack Targets: Danny
- The Daily Grind: Bullpen Games, Strasburg, Koehler, Wolf
Also consider: Henry Owens, Chris Heston
Pitchers to Exploit: The dregs are rather plentiful tomorrow. Let's talk about Randy Wolf. He's opposed by a Twins offense that can do damage against
- Who Are You, Randy Wells?
One of the surprising Rookie of the Year candidates this season has been the Cubs’ 26 year-old righty Randy Wells. His 1.6 wins above replacement are 2nd among National League rookies behind Colby
- The Daily Grind: SaberSim, Shoemaker, Gray
-Greinke's, I'd consider Matt Shoemaker. The Angels are opposed by Randy Wolf. Their offense performs best against southpaws and fly ball pitchers. Wolf is both. Shoemaker is a high risk pick against
- The Daily Grind: Call Ups, Aces, Byrd
the Rays? Mike Leake opposite Kershaw? I think I'll stick with an ace.
Stack Targets: Davies, Jon Gray, Chase Anderson, Randy Wolf, Locke, Tommy Milone, Erasmo Ramirez
3. GB / FB Splits
- The Daily Grind: Fear, Duffey, Ross, Span
Also consider: Tommy Milone, Drew Smyly, Vidal Nuno, Carlos Rodon
Pitchers to Exploit: Randy Wolf's 2015 debut was solid, but he's still a blow up risk against the Angels tomorrow. Historically
- Erik Johnson: Late Round Breakout Candidate
After five respectable outings in 2013, Erik Johnson will begin his rookie campaign as a relative unknown in the fantasy world. This season is just his third as a professional and his quick ascension
- Randy Wells' Sophomore Season
In 2009, Randy Wells was a surprisingly effective cog in the Chicago Cubs' rotation. The converted catcher and returned 2007 Rule V pick of the Blue Jays posted a 3.05 ERA in 165.1 innings pitched
- The Phillies Rotation
might want to target him as a sneaky late draft pick. His range of outcomes is probably somewhere from Hyun-Jin Ryu to Randy Wolf (2013 edition). Remember, Gonzalez nearly agreed to a much larger
- What's In Store For Randy Wells?
A former 38th-round draft pick lost briefly as a Rule V selection, right-hander Randy Wells never enjoyed elite prospect status. Yet, the 1,143rd player taken in the 2002 draft managed a 3 WAR season
- Randy Wolf's Woeful Pitching
to the ineffectiveness of the non-Gallardo starters.
Over the winter, the Brewers sought to end those rotation woes by snagging a pair of lefties, Doug Davis and Randy Wolf, in free agency. Yet, even after
- Select 2013 World Series Moments as Viewed by ChampAdded
allowed Lynn to start the sixth inning after he labored through the fifth. That's when the wheels fell off for the Cardinals. Dustin Pedroia reached on a two-out single. Lefty specialist Randy Choate
- The Daily Grind: 5-25-14 - Presented by FanDuel
expensive Brewers have a drool worthy matchup against Randy Wolf. Certain affordable Brewers are also viable options. Just remember Marlins Park kills home runs.
The Diamondbacks have an easier lineup
- The Daily Grind: 6-2-14 - Presented by FanDuel
left-handed and Yankee Stadium is friendly to lefty bats.
The Tampa Bay Rays don't have the same lefty mashers as the Brewers, so maybe Randy Wolf won't get trounced again. It's still a good
- The Daily Grind: 6-7-14 - Presented by FanDuel
is increased by 20 percent in Texas, so Nick Tepesch is an easy target.
The Cubs have been above average against left-handed pitching. With Randy Wolf opposing them at Wrigley Field, this might
- The Daily Grind: 6-13-14 - Presented by FanDuel
The Pirates have a couple notable hitters who can get to Randy Wolf.
The Rangers shell of a lineup will face Erasmo Ramirez tomorrow. He has a 5.97 ERA, but he might have been a touch unlucky
- The Daily Grind: 6-14-14 - Presented by FanDuel
in his minor league career, but he's never averaged more than five innings a game at any level. He's a lock to pitch fewer than six innings.
Randy Wolf makes for an easy target against the Pirates
- The Daily Grind: Eickhoff, Severino, Uribe, Ichiro
, but they're especially potent against southpaws. We all know the numbers. Now we have to see if Heaney can scrape through the outing.
Also consider: Williams Perez, Randy Wolf, Matt Barnes, Yordano
- The Daily Grind: Crowdsourced Call Ups, Banuelos, Owens
by being effectively wild.
Also consider: Edwin Jackson, Yordano Ventura, Randy Wolf, Jeff Locke, Carlos Rodon, Tommy Milone, Chase Anderson, Jon Gray
Hitters (power): Khris Davis bashed 10 home
- The Daily Grind: Corbin, Dickey, Blanco
Stack Targets: Jon Niese, Drew Smyly, Randy Wolf, Jeff Locke, Anthony DeSclafani, Zach Davies, Justin Nicolino, Mark Buehrle, Rick Porcello, Dan Haren, Kyle Kendrick, Ian Kennedy, Roenis Elias, Williams
- The Daily Grind: DFS, Streaming, and More for April 19
with a Randy Choate or Jorge Lopez.
Also consider: Melvin Upton, David Freese, Joe Mauer, Chris Heisey, Chase Utley, Jed Lowrie, Jeremy Hazelbaker, Ben Paulsen
Hitters (speed): Jonathan Villar
- The Daily Grind: Eovaldi, Holland, Johnson, Jaso
GB / FB Splits
Tomorrow's Targets - Johnson, Nova, Jaso, DeShields
1. Daily DFS - Eovaldi, Holland
- Reviewing Brad Johnson's 2015 Bold Predictions