Major League Players
Minor League Players
Blog Search Results
Sort by Date
- May this Schwartz be with you: 2015 Fantasy Baseball Rankings
, but late last week, Cory Schwartz (excellent last name) posted 2015 Composite Projections on Fantasy411 from 12 different sources.
3) I pulled this and ran the z-scores for each 5x5 category
- Dan Schwartz's Bold Predictions for 2015 Fantasy Baseball
- Building a Closer Through Outcomes
Pedro Martinez (#21), '01 Randy Johnson (#27) and '01 Pedro Martinez (#28) make it into the top 30, but it's clear that we have a growing list of elite relievers.
From a fantasy perspective, thanks
- MLB Tiered Third Base Rankings: 2016 Preseason
- Miguel Sano: The big early riser at third base?
- Matt Duffy: In Which Direction Will He Trend?
- Buying Brock Holt's Hot Start
- Jake Lamb: A Viable Option in the Desert
- Third Base Stock Watch: April 27th, 2016
- The Continued Ascent of Mike Moustakas
- On Kris Bryant's Improving Contact%
- The Inevitable Travis Shaw Regression
- Jumping on the Brandon Drury Bandwagon
- Fixing Maikel Franco
- Kyle Seager: Opposite Field Trend an Illusion?
- Jake Lamb vs. Chip Hale & Left-Handed Pitching
- Justin Turner's Battle with BABIP
- Kris Bryant: Road Warrior
- Is Javier Baez a Viable and Reliable Entity?
- 2016 MLB Third Base Tiered Rankings: All-Star Break Edition
- All In on Odorizzi
- Randy Johnson Retires
Randy Johnson announced his retirement today. There are thousands upon thousands of words that could, and should, be written about Randy Johnson. His career numbers are remarkable. The mark he left
- Randy Johnson's Countdown
Randy Johnson has not pitched particularly well this season, for instance see yesterday's shelling at the hands of the Rockies. In fact, outside of Tim Lincecum, nobody in the Giants rotation has
- Mustache Watch: Randy Savage
Behold, fathom and regard ...
No, contrary to appearances, that's not the bassist for Grand Funk backstage in a Cards jersey. That's Randy Poffo, vastly better known by his nom de guerre
- Mock Draft Review and Best of the Rest
Our Mock Draft is complete.
Team Schwartz/rounds drafted:
C: Travis d'Arnaud/17 1B: Victor Martinez/4 2B: Arismendy Alcantara/18 3B: Josh Donaldson/3 SS: Hanley Ramirez/2 MI: Jean Segura/19 CI
- A Small Randy Johnson Retrospective
As you have surely heard, Randy Johnson announced his retirement last night. Matthew took the first look at this, noting that he retires as someone who could be a three-win pitcher next year. Here
- Who Are You, Randy Wells?
One of the surprising Rookie of the Year candidates this season has been the Cubs’ 26 year-old righty Randy Wells. His 1.6 wins above replacement are 2nd among National League rookies behind Colby
- Randy Wells' Sophomore Season
In 2009, Randy Wells was a surprisingly effective cog in the Chicago Cubs' rotation. The converted catcher and returned 2007 Rule V pick of the Blue Jays posted a 3.05 ERA in 165.1 innings pitched
- Randy Winn to the Yankees
The New York Yankees have added another veteran piece to an already stacked ballclub, signing outfielder Randy Winn to a one-year deal, worth a reported $2MM. 2009 was the first season since 2006
- What's In Store For Randy Wells?
A former 38th-round draft pick lost briefly as a Rule V selection, right-hander Randy Wells never enjoyed elite prospect status. Yet, the 1,143rd player taken in the 2002 draft managed a 3 WAR season
- Corey Dickerson: Thanks "Splits" Page
- Bullpen Report: August 16, 2014
- Pitcher Over/Under Performers
- Bullpen Report: August 20, 2014
- Bullpen Report: August 23, 2014
- Early 2015 Projections: Adjustment for Position
- Bullpen Report: August 29, 2014
- Bullpen Report: August 30, 2014
- Adjusting Fantasy Value with xBABIP and xHR: AVG/OBP/OPS League Rankings
- Verifying xBABIP potential
- Bullpen Report: September 6th, 2014
- Updated Hitter Shift Data: Effect on xBABIP
- 2015 New York Mets: Commanding Attention
- Bullpen Report: September 13, 2014
- Zack Wheeler: Jered Weaver-like Swing Prevention
- Imagine Yusmeiro Petit with Velocity?
- Guarantee Fairy: Deep League Options
- Bullpen Report: September 19, 2014
- Bullpen Report: September 20, 2014
- End of Season Bullpen Report: "Expected" Fantasy Rankings
- Russell Martin: Lucky son of a BIP(s)
- Travis d'Arnaud: TDA less TBD
- 2015 Steamer (Position-Adjusted) Fantasy Baseball Rankings
- What Happens When Madison Bumgarner is Really On?
- Ballsy with Trevor Cahill
- Pitch Arsenal Score Part Deux
- Wilmer Flores - Just You Wait
- Mock Battle: Zack Greinke vs Jake Arrieta ('s ADP)
- Mock Battle: Position Scarcity vs Best Actual Value
- The 2015 Michael Brantley: A.J. Pollock
- Balls In Play Expected Homers Leaderboard
- Ultimate Bullpen Guide: Arsenal Score, xBABIP & Rankings
- Mets Bullpen: Fishing and Stomping
- Orioles Bullpen: Thy Sinker
- Marcus Stroman: Your AL East Jordan Zimmermann
- Two Last Draft Tools
- ADP - Draft Position Consistency
- My NFBC Draft Champions Review
- Woulda-Coulda-Shoulda: Rodon, Betts, Cron and Closers
- Auctions: All About the Bass
- First Starts Validating our New Studs
- Ryan Zimmerman, Jacob deGrom and Sitting on a Fastball
- Waiver Wire Assessment: Contact, ISO and BABIP
- 2016 Fantasy Baseball Rankings (w/ Steamer Proj's)
- 2016 Fantasy Baseball Sleepers
- 2016 Fantasy Baseball Sleepers Cont'd and Ending the Position Scarcity Argument
- Where to Rank the Young Aces?
- Sleeper: Chad Bettis
- Randy Wolf's Woeful Pitching
to the ineffectiveness of the non-Gallardo starters.
Over the winter, the Brewers sought to end those rotation woes by snagging a pair of lefties, Doug Davis and Randy Wolf, in free agency. Yet, even after
- Randy Johnson: Just for Men Pitchman
(Get it, pitchman?)
Because when I want to advertise a beauty project, I call Randy Johnson!
This advertisement just adds
- Free Agent Bargain: Randy Johnson
Moving back to the mound in our series on free agent bargains, we find an interesting name - the tallest player in baseball and a sure fire Hall of Famer, you wouldn't think Randy Johnson would fly
- Randy Wells Shuts Down Atlanta
Randy Wells did something that Cubs’ pitchers had previously found difficult last night. He locked down the Atlanta Braves in rather generic fashion.
Wells’ line is anything but spectacular. He
- Comparing Livan Hernandez and Randy Johnson
Prior to the start of the 2009 season, the thought of comparing Livan Hernandez and Randy Johnson was ludicrous. Mets fans rolled their eyes when the club signed Hernandez while Giants fans were
- Randy Wolf Will Not Be Writing For NotGraphs: The E-mails Revealed
How's it going? Remember that contract you signed? The one that offered you a chance to write for NotGraphs and said that we'd try you out this spring and if we liked your stuff
- Pedro Martinez and Randy Johnson at Their Best, Today
Among others, baseball's Hall of Fame will prepare to welcome Pedro Martinez and Randy Johnson. For them, there was zero suspense: Hall of Famers don't get more automatic, and as easy
- Orioles Throw Spaghetti, End Up With Randy Wolf
named Randy Wolf.
While you can perhaps make a case for a change-of-scenery helping give players a fresh start, it's hard to imagine Wolf is going to be anything besides a bad pitcher in the AL East
- Randy Choate, Platoon Splits, and Arm Slots
It was the inning that shouldn't have been.
First, in the tenth inning of Game Three of the National League Championship series, the Giants saw Brandon Crawford stroll to the plate against Randy
- Q&A: Eric Stults, Poor-Man's Randy Jones
pitcher, and, surprisingly, one of the better lefties in the league.
More than a decade after being drafted by the Dodgers out of Bethel College, Stults has evolved into a poor man’s Randy Jones
- Why Is Randy Wells Battling for a Rotation Spot?
in the Chicago camp. Early in the spring we learned that Randy Wells was not guaranteed a role in the rotation, but was instead in a battle with the likes of Braden Looper and Todd Wellemeyer for two open
- Mega GIF: Randy Wolf Attempts Rare "Ghost Swing"
, the ghost swing remains a rare sight, utilized by only the avantest of sporting's garde. Yet it was just such a swing that Milwaukee pitcher Randy Wolf employed in the top of the third inning of Saturday
- Cutters [and Sliders] w/ Roger McDowell & Randy St. Claire
Savvy baseball fans know the difference between a cutter and a slider, but what differentiates the two pitches is a mystery to many. Roger McDowell and Randy St. Claire understand the nuances of both