- David Robertson's Awesome, Strange Arsenal
record -- that's what the past shows. And so if we look at David Robertson, and the four-year, $46 million deal he just received from the White Sox through that lens, we won't find happiness
- White Sox Sign David Robertson
confirms: #WhiteSox signing David Robertson to four-year deal for at least $40M. First reported: @bobnightengale.— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) December 9, 2014
The White Sox bullpen
- David Robertson’s Success(ion)
an established, consistent closer a decade before.
That unprecedented track record of consistent effectiveness makes big shoes for an heir to fill. David Robertson has already suffered from those
- Pitcher STUFF Ratings or, It's Too Bad Rich Harden Couldn't Stay Healthy
between 3.4 and 9.7. The following list presents the top 15 career STUFF pitchers since 2007.
1. Rich Harden 9.7. If you're having trouble remembering just how filthy Harden could be, visit his
- Holds Targets: Bailey, Gregerson and Robertson
if the brittle Huston Street were to get bit by the injury bug again in 2013, but Luke Gregerson is the only other Friar reliever on my draft board in holds + saves leagues.
David Robertson | RP
- What Did You Just Say To Rich Gale?
Whoa, whoa, whoa ...
What the fuck did you just say to Rich Gale? What in the living fuck did you just say to this 6-foot-7, 225-pound sum-buck?
Rich Gale will set those gold-rimmed
- David Robertson, or: Location, Location, Location
handing the ball to David Robertson. Minutes later, they felt a lot worse.
We all know Robertson for being a terrific reliever. He was posting silly strikeout rates before every reliever
- Rich Thompson and the MLB Dream
Rich Thompson took over for Luke Scott at second base. Much of the audience was probably -- and perhaps rightly -- focused on Rhymes.
But at the same time, Thompson standing at second was a spectacle
- David Robertson's Injury Worse than First Thought
New York Yankees set-man David Robertson’s status for opening day could be in question. The key high-leverage reliever injured his foot while stumbling on a set of stairs. Robertson - who
- Rich Harden to Miss 2012
According to CSN's Ray Ratto, who attributes this piece of news to Peter Gammons, Rich Harden will miss the upcoming season due to a torn capsule in his shoulder.
While a visit to Dr. James
- A Tweet by Rich Thompson, Illustrated
Today in Tweets Illustrated Literally, Rich Thompson of the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim is outraged and self-censoring.
click to enlarge
- Rich Harden: Power Reliever?
In the interest of full disclosure, I’m a big Rich Harden fan. To be fair, I don’t get to see many strikeouts by watching my local nine, so he fulfills a need in that respect. But to contextualize
- The Pitching Rich Get Richer
-rich Giants have a perfect No. 4 starter in Surkamp, which will allow them to focus their money on improving the limp offense, rather than throwing money at 30-something retread to provide less value
- Downs, Robertson, Samardzija: Climbing Depth Charts
% LOB rate), but he's getting consistent late innings work and will help pad that holds total if that's all your looking for.
David Robertson | Yankees
Injuries to Rafael Soriano and Joba
- Interview: Modern Drunkard Magazine's Rich English
the Giant: The Greatest Drunk on Earth," and their most famous article, "The 86 Rules of Boozing." Most everything is written by editor Frank Kelly Rich -- author of the 86 Rules -- or writer Rich English
- Watch Live, Today, as Jayson Werth Gets Silly Rich
- Dick Allen Is a Rich Tapestry of Human Emotions
- Post-Halladay Jays Still Pitching-Rich
- Rich Harden and Pitch Counts
Entering last night's start against the Oakland Athletics, Rich Harden had been largely ineffective in his new role as the ace of the Texas Rangers pitching staff. Through his first five starts
- Fish Hook Robertson, Lame Puns Ahoy
Earlier today, the Detroit Tigers traded Nate Robertson to the Florida Marlins for minor leaguer Jay Voss. The move is essentially a body dump for the Tigers, since they’ll be paying for 96% of his
- Marlins Trade for SP Robertson
Florida Marlins acquired LHP Nate Robertson from the Detroit Tigers for LHP Jay Voss.
According to Joe Frisario's MLB.com article, the Tigers are picking up $9.6 million of Robertson's $10
- AL $1 Option: Nate Robertson
Last season was a year to forget for Tigers pitcher Nate Robertson. A sprained thumb suffered during Spring Training contributed to him opening the season in the bullpen, a place he was unfamiliar
- Rich Hill and 50th Percentile Projections
It's amazing what can happen in but two short years. Coming into the winter of 2008, Rich Hill looked like he could be the real deal. His 2007 season wasn't stellar – his FIP was only 4.32 due
- If I Were a Rich Man: On the Baltimore Orioles
SP - Brian Matusz - $868K
SP - Chris Tillman - $400K
Other rotation candidates: Rich Hill - $445K+, Jason Berken - $400K, David Hernandez - $400K, Jake Arrieta - $400K, Troy Patton - $400K
- Cubs Clearinghouse: Rich Hill
The Chicago Cubs organization will have two young players on the bubble when spring training rolls around in February. Pitcher Rich Hill, and infielder Ronny Cedeno are currently on the outside
- Buying Low: Nate Robertson
are going to spend a lot of money on mediocre pitching, leaving the smart teams to mostly look elsewhere.
So, smart teams, I've got a suggestion. Call the Tigers about Nate Robertson.
- Daily Graphing - Rich Harden
Between a strained oblique muscle and a season ending strained lat muscle, Rich Harden was excellent in 2005 going 10-5 with a 2.53 ERA in 128 innings. In the off-season he elected to have shoulder