Sort by Date
- Scouting Anderson Espinoza, Newest Padre Prospect
Chris Paddack, who San Diego got from Miami in exchange for Fernando Rodney, that write up is here. The Padres arm du jour is Anderson Espinoza, one of baseball most electric young arms and, in my
- Roberto Alomar: A Video Essay
claim to. Enjoy.
It doesn't happen often: A player for the ages turning up on your favorite team. In a perfect world, Roberto Alomar would have stayed a Blue Jay longer. In a perfect world
- Playing Probability: Drew Pomeranz and Anderson Espinoza
The Drew Pomeranz-Anderson Espinoza trade has plenty of unknowns. With Pomeranz in the midst of a breakout season and blowing by his previous innings totals and Espinoza at the age when you normally
- Rays Sign Roberto Hernandez
The Rays began life after James Shields in earnest with their first transaction since the big move Wednesday. The club is reportedly close to inking pitcher Roberto Hernandez -- formerly and better
- Roberto Hernandez is Not Fausto Carmona
Yes, well obviously Roberto Hernandez is not Fausto Carmona. The name Fausto Carmona belongs to someone else, and though the history of Cleveland Indians starting pitcher "Fausto Carmona" belongs
- Prospect Stock Watch: Stewart, Happ, Espinoza
Anderson Espinoza | RHP | Padres
As you know by now, the Red Sox acquired Drew Pomeranz from the Padres for the hefty sum of one of the top five
- Phillies Grab Whatever Roberto Hernandez Is
is and isn't sustainable. All of us want to be fortune tellers.
The Phillies signed Roberto Hernandez today, as a starting pitcher. He's going to get a base salary around $4.5 million, and with incentives he
- Roberto Hernandez Heads to the Land of Cheesesteak
No, not the Roberto Hernandez who saved 326 games and spent his career in the bullpen, silly. It's the Roberto Hernandez who became the artist formerly known as Fausto Carmona of course! After
- Contract Crowdsourcing 2013-14: Roberto Hernandez
- Roberto Osuna and the Aging Curve for Young Relievers
Way back in April, the Blue Jays turned some heads when they filled out their bullpen with a couple of 20-year-old A-Ballers: Miguel Castro and Roberto Osuna. Few doubted that these young arms had
- The Untold Story of Roberto Clemente's Plane Crash Litigation
The Fatal Crash
Roberto Clemente was both a remarkable ballplayer and genuine folk hero. As an outfielder for the Pittsburgh Pirates, Clemente was a perennial All-Star and Gold Glove recipient. He
- Roberto Hernandez & Marcell Ozuna: Deep Waiver Wire
that was just called up.
Roberto Hernandez | TAM SP | 8% Owned
The artist formerly known as Fausto Carmona is back with a new name and pitch mix. On the main FanGraphs blog, we have already
- Miguel Castro, Roberto Osuna and the A-Ball Jump
the creme of the crop. That's about as unexciting as it gets. However, there are some wildcards in the bullpen mix. There are rumblings that a couple of 20-year-olds -- Miguel Castro and Roberto Osuna
- Roberto Hernandez: New Name, New Team, New Pitcher?
Not long ago, Roberto Hernandez was considered to be an up-and-coming starter for the Cleveland Indians. He was also known as Fausto Carmona. But regardless of what it said across his back, his 3.06
- The Best of the Worst, Or, What Do Roberto Clemente, Pete Rose, and Ted Simmons Have In Common?
a chance to outshine it. This next guy, though? Well...
1. Roberto Clemente
Career WAR: 80.5
LVP year/WAR: 1955/-0.9
Classification: Start-of-career bump
Yeah, I'd say he made up