- Scooter Gennett in the Leadoff Spot
The Brewers made a move last week to put Scooter Gennett in the leadoff spot and, while it doesn’t drastically help his fantasy stock, it does make him a bit more appealing.
Gennett is much
- Q&A: Scooter Gennett on Ceramics, Lefties and Riding Scooters
meetings. In addition to the charity work, he also discussed how he's preparing for the upcoming season, and further explained how Ryan Joseph Gennett became — sometimes — "Scooter."
- The Daily Grind: A's Closer, Anderson, Harrison, Gennett
, Jose Quintana, Manny Banuelos, Tyler Cravy, Kyle Ryan, Chad Billingsley, Matt Cain
3. Tomorrow's Targets - Harrison, Shoemaker, Gennett, Espinosa
Pitchers to Start: Matt Harrison is back from
- An Introduction to GRIT
- Friends With Gennett's Hits
Scooter Gennett owns a .300 lifetime batting average. To be fair, that line is a bit misleading as his lifetime of major league hitting consists of 704 plate appearances spread out over parts of two
- Unlucky R-Ho
will probably come back to earth and those that were unlucky are due to breakout. This can be very helpful when deciding to draft one player or another. The first player in the series is Ryan Howard
- What To Expect From Scooter Gennett
of Scooter Gennett, who is playing everyday for the lowly Milwaukee Brewers.
At only 5-foot-9, Gennett isn't a physical specimen on the baseball field, but he possesses a knack for squaring up
- The Lucky Riot
formulate a new version of xBABIP that takes into account a number of components of the hitter and models the way their BIP should be converted to outs/hits.
Last year Ryan Theriot had his best season
- The Most Predictable Hitters of 2013
- Oblique Injuries in MLB
Longoria, Jason Bay, J.A. Happ, Curtis Granderson, Brian Wilson, Jair Jurrjens, and Ryan Zimmerman are some of the players who were slowed by oblique injuries in 2011, with Zimmerman drastically altering
- Open-Market Value — The Free Agent Team
such as Bartolo Colon, Brandon McCarthy, Jhonny Peralta and Ryan Vogelsong. Instead, Mr. Dave Cameron, in his infinite generosity, has given me a budget of $80 million FanGraphs Pesos to piece together a free
- Stanton's Possible Extension
to look like in order to get a deal done. As Jong notes, Prince Fielder made $33.5 million in his three arbitration seasons with this same skillset, while Ryan Howard achieved Super Two status
- Evaluating Players in the Dark and Scooter Gennett
the baseball. Why, then, couldn’t Brewers second baseman Scooter Gennett see the ball in the minor leagues?
In a recent Brewers broadcast, tv announcer Brian Anderson relayed a story about Scooter
- An Alternative to Pujols in St.Louis
Furcal or to bring in a capable alternative, and Cards fans would probably be looking at a lot of Ryan Theriot (+0.6 WAR over the last two seasons) or a low-cost free agent at short.
As luck would
- Extending Shaun Marcum
consisting of Ryan Braun, Rickie Weeks, Corey Hart, Yovani Gallardo, Greinke and Marcum. It may be in their best interest to go with a one-year deal, as it allows them to cut bait if Marcum gets hurt
- FAN Projection Targets: AL West Second Basemen
under his belt. He also has more Fan Projections submitted than pretty much everyone except Ryan Braun - and these projections are optimistic. In limited action last year, he posted a strong .340
- Arizona Fall League - Arms to Watch
- The Evolution of K-Rod
- Motte, Feliz Continue Tradition
- The Brandon McCarthy Saga - Part One
- The Brandon McCarthy Saga - Part Two
- Edwin Jackson Is In Love With His Slider
- How Will Prince Fielder Age?
- Dan Duquette as GM: The Pitching Staff
- Don't Sleep on the Angels
- Red Sox Bring In Jesse Carlson
- Yu Darvish's Landing Spot
- Joe Saunders: A Fit for the New-Look Marlins?
- The Post-Injury Jeff Francis and DIPS
- Who Is Your $100 Million Pitcher?
- Yadier Molina's Potential Payday and Catcher Aging
- Brett Cecil's Descent?
- Starlin Castro Is Good at Baseball
- Will Elvis Andrus Make a Fantasy Impact Next Year?
- Derek Lowe the Brave
- Unlucky Beltre
- Trevor Hoffman on the Move
- Figgins Got Lucky?
- Khalil Greene: Worse than Unlucky in 2008
- Is Magglio Done?
- What Shakes out in the Rays Bullpen?
- Matt Wieters This Year
- Who is the Real RBI Leader for 2012?
- Chalk to Chalk
- On the Use of Aging Curves for Fantasy Baseball
- Scooter Gennett Will Ollie Around Your Tag
Scooter Gennett, a young man of 23, found himself in a bad situation. When one finds himself between a proverbial rock and hard place, one tends to rely in his instincts. In the above case
- Phegley, Gennett, Quackenbush: Mining the Minors
in the AL Central and might want to see what they've got in him.
Scooter Gennett, Brewers 2B
Talent: 7 (out of 10)
Opportunity: 8 (out of 10)
Current Level: Triple-A
- Scooter Gennett: A Brewer's Quest for Discipline
Scooter Gennett came into the season with a .300 batting average in 704 big-league plate appearance. The stat obviously has limited value, but it does suggest an ability to put a bat on a baseball
- Scooter Gennett on Hitting (But Not Pitchers’ Pitches)
Late last summer, Scooter Gennett talked about how improving his plate discipline would make him a more productive hitter. He echoed those words when I spoke to him a few weeks ago. The 25-year-old
- Scooter Gennett & Corey Dickerson: Deep League Wire
a chance to play due to injuries to players ahead of them on the depth chart.
Scooter Gennett | 2B MIL | CBS 3% Owned
Aside from a strong June, Rickie Weeks was a massive disappointment
- Young Ryan Braun
Young Ryan Braun isn't smiling because "intent with Buick-like seriousness" are his factory settings.
Young Ryan Braun doesn't like posed senior portraits.
Young Ryan Braun doesn't like
- Romney Picks Ryan
Over the weekend, Mitt Romney chose Paul Ryan of Wisconsin to be his running mate on the Republican ticket. I wish to make the case that Romney chose the wrong Ryan.
Paul Ryan: Wisconsin (10
- Young Ryan Theriot
The name on Young Ryan Theriot's fake ID reads, "Fraternity Paddle Made Man."
"Are you the quarterback?" Angel Boudreux once asked Young Ryan Theriot. No, I play baseball, Young Ryan Theriot
- Mustache Watch: Brendan Ryan
Little to nothing is going right for the Seattle Mariners this year. Save for the mustaches of Eric Wedge and now Brendan Ryan, and, well, all their stellar pitching, Seattle's 2011 season