- Scooter Gennett in the Leadoff Spot
The Brewers made a move last week to put Scooter Gennett in the leadoff spot and, while it doesn’t drastically help his fantasy stock, it does make him a bit more appealing.
Gennett is much
- What To Expect From Scooter Gennett
of Scooter Gennett, who is playing everyday for the lowly Milwaukee Brewers.
At only 5-foot-9, Gennett isn't a physical specimen on the baseball field, but he possesses a knack for squaring up
- Evaluating Players in the Dark and Scooter Gennett
the baseball. Why, then, couldn’t Brewers second baseman Scooter Gennett see the ball in the minor leagues?
In a recent Brewers broadcast, tv announcer Brian Anderson relayed a story about Scooter
- An Introduction to GRIT
- Scooter Gennett & Corey Dickerson: Deep League Wire
a chance to play due to injuries to players ahead of them on the depth chart.
Scooter Gennett | 2B MIL | CBS 3% Owned
Aside from a strong June, Rickie Weeks was a massive disappointment
- The Most Predictable Hitters of 2013
- Who is the Real RBI Leader for 2012?
- Scooter Gennett Will Ollie Around Your Tag
Scooter Gennett, a young man of 23, found himself in a bad situation. When one finds himself between a proverbial rock and hard place, one tends to rely in his instincts. In the above case
- Phegley, Gennett, Quackenbush: Mining the Minors
in the AL Central and might want to see what they've got in him.
Scooter Gennett, Brewers 2B
Talent: 7 (out of 10)
Opportunity: 8 (out of 10)
Current Level: Triple-A
- Starlin Castro Is Good at Baseball
- Brett Cecil's Descent?
- Stanton's Possible Extension
to look like in order to get a deal done. As Jong notes, Prince Fielder made $33.5 million in his three arbitration seasons with this same skillset, while Ryan Howard achieved Super Two status
- Yadier Molina's Potential Payday and Catcher Aging
- Who Is Your $100 Million Pitcher?
- The Post-Injury Jeff Francis and DIPS
- FAN Projection Targets: AL West Second Basemen
under his belt. He also has more Fan Projections submitted than pretty much everyone except Ryan Braun - and these projections are optimistic. In limited action last year, he posted a strong .340
- Joe Saunders: A Fit for the New-Look Marlins?
- Yu Darvish's Landing Spot
- Red Sox Bring In Jesse Carlson
- Don't Sleep on the Angels
- Extending Shaun Marcum
consisting of Ryan Braun, Rickie Weeks, Corey Hart, Yovani Gallardo, Greinke and Marcum. It may be in their best interest to go with a one-year deal, as it allows them to cut bait if Marcum gets hurt
- Open-Market Value — The Free Agent Team
such as Bartolo Colon, Brandon McCarthy, Jhonny Peralta and Ryan Vogelsong. Instead, Mr. Dave Cameron, in his infinite generosity, has given me a budget of $80 million FanGraphs Pesos to piece together a free
- Dan Duquette as GM: The Pitching Staff
- An Alternative to Pujols in St.Louis
Furcal or to bring in a capable alternative, and Cards fans would probably be looking at a lot of Ryan Theriot (+0.6 WAR over the last two seasons) or a low-cost free agent at short.
As luck would
- How Will Prince Fielder Age?
- Edwin Jackson Is In Love With His Slider
- The Brandon McCarthy Saga - Part Two
- The Brandon McCarthy Saga - Part One
- Motte, Feliz Continue Tradition
- Oblique Injuries in MLB
Longoria, Jason Bay, J.A. Happ, Curtis Granderson, Brian Wilson, Jair Jurrjens, and Ryan Zimmerman are some of the players who were slowed by oblique injuries in 2011, with Zimmerman drastically altering
- The Evolution of K-Rod
- Arizona Fall League - Arms to Watch
- Matt Wieters This Year
- What Shakes out in the Rays Bullpen?
- Is Magglio Done?
- Khalil Greene: Worse than Unlucky in 2008
- Figgins Got Lucky?
- Trevor Hoffman on the Move
- Unlucky Beltre
- Derek Lowe the Brave
- The Lucky Riot
formulate a new version of xBABIP that takes into account a number of components of the hitter and models the way their BIP should be converted to outs/hits.
Last year Ryan Theriot had his best season
- Will Elvis Andrus Make a Fantasy Impact Next Year?
- Unlucky R-Ho
will probably come back to earth and those that were unlucky are due to breakout. This can be very helpful when deciding to draft one player or another. The first player in the series is Ryan Howard