- Ten Important Things That Happened At Wrigley Field
to his favorite team, predicts “they ain’t gonna win no more.”
7) 1988 – For the first time, Shawon Dunston’s name is spelled correctly on a hand-made sign in the left field bleachers. He has been
- Jason Collette - Baseball Chat
Comment From Shawon "Thunderpup" Dunston
I am better than Starlin Castro! and don't I have a better nickname?
Jason Collette: Arismendy Alcantara has a much better real name than your
- Jamey Wright Improving With Age
(Bruce Ruffin, Dante Bichette, Eric Young, and Shawon Dunston) now have sons in the pros -- that he's seen a sea change in the game as far as the increasing number of strikeouts. In 1996, hitters
- Age is Just a Number for Torii Hunter
- A History of Dumb Baseball Cards
offered a real opportunity to create interesting cards. The “Rifleman” subset examines the best arms in baseball, a subject rarely talked about and never quantified. Rather than say, “Shawon Dunston
- The First Overall by Actual Record
- Was Pat Burrell a Bust?
- Offseason Notes, Featuring RECK Leaderboards
- - -
- Top 15 Prospects: Chicago Cubs
- and C-level prospects that could either explode in 2012 or completely fall off the radar. Some of the guys that missed included Junior Lake, Ryan Flaherty, Aaron Kurcz, Shawon Dunston Jr., Zeke DeVoss
- Visualizing 2011 Draft Spending
11th rounder Shawon Dunston Jr for north of $1 million dollars. Although the Cubs were outspent by four teams, there is certainly an argument that they were one of the most aggressive teams
- Free Swingin' Sandoval
(9.7 K%, 86.9 Contact%), but his rate of free passes taken (2.7%) would make Shawon Dunston blush.
Sandoval's degree of hacking was unmatched: he offered at an absurd 53.8% of pitches thrown out