Major League Players
Minor League Players
Blog Search Results
Sort by Relevancy
- Steven Wright Should Float On Ok
On Tuesday night, Steven Wright was roughed up for nine hits and eight earned runs in 4.2 innings against the Tigers. Amazingly, he remains seventh among qualified starters in the AL with a 3.12 ERA
- Wright? Wrong. Shaw? Positive.
pitcher, especially one who’s leading the AL in ERA and Quality Starts. Nonetheless, that’s how we see things with Steven Wright.
You probably know Wright’s story. He was on the road to being
- It's Time to Buy Into Steven Wright
are indicating is that Steven Wright has mastered the weirdest pitch in the sport.
Wright faced the Orioles Monday, and he threw a pitch that kind of went viral. I wouldn't say
- Wright's Stuff: Talking Knuckleballs with a Knuckleballer
It's not everyday you get the opportunity to speak with someone who's mastered a craft to which few others in the world can lay claim. Red Sox pitcher Steven Wright, drafted as a conventional pitcher
- Sunday Notes: NYY Yates, Fields, Hinch, Wright, Nola, more
that if you’re a major league pitcher, you should be able to go any given day, unless you’re hurt. Sore, you can deal with.”
Steven Wright is starting for the Red Sox today. The knuckleballer
- Not Nervous About Wong
- Wilson Ramos Disappoints
- 2015 Roto Rookie Hitter
- Steven Matz on Learning the Curve
When Steven Matz takes the bump against the Dodgers tonight, he'll probably throw a curve once out of every five pitches. He'll probably throw it more often than his changeup, even
- A Trio of Surprising Performers in 2015
- A Bleak Season for Catchers
- A Trio of Rebound Candidates
- Waiver Wire Smorgasbord
- The Cashner Conundrum
- Another Waiver Wire Sampling
- The Mike Moustakas Half Miracle
- “Bad Body” Preston Tucker
- Should Yasiel Puig Be Traded?
- Narrowing The Schoop
- A First Look at Steven Matz
of all of the talent in their rotation, the Mets are adding yet another intriguing arm to the mix. Word broke yesterday that New York is summoning lefty Steven Matz to the majors. He will make his big
- The Daily Grind: Fiers, Wright, Wilson
is hitting for average and power. While that won't continue indefinitely, it could continue tomorrow against Steven Wright. Or perhaps he'll be flummoxed by the knuckle ball. Flummoxed is a satisfying word
- The Daily Grind: Estrada, DeSclafani, Wright
. There's reason to hope for fewer walks going forward.
Also consider: Umm...Chris Capuano? Mike Bolsinger?
Pitchers to Exploit: Steven Wright isn't the worst pitcher tomorrow, but he's the most
- Steven Wright as a Joe Kelly Alternative
. While youngsters Henry Owens and Eduardo Rodriguez are the two best long-term prospects and might be ready for an audition, John Farrell has made sure the beat writers keep Steven Wright's name
- Steven Spielberg's [Brad] Lincoln
and looks to his left, almost over his shoulder, at us.
Steven Spielberg's [Brad] Lincoln is a biopic that foregoes the mythological childhood of its subject figure. Brad Lincoln grew up
- Ike Davis Is the Punchline to a Steven Wright Joke
Step One: Regard the following, embiggenable image of Mets first baseman and noted Member of the Tribe Ike Davis dressed a cowboy.
Step Two: Regard the following animated video of a Steven