- 2016 Chicago Cubs Projections
- Tom Oltarzewski's Ottoneu Bold Predictions
, as owners take advantage of the new wave of information and collaboration available to us.
10) None of Tom, Trey, or Joe will win a championship this year ... but Justin will.
Ottoneu is hard, even
- OttoGraphs Episode 4: Joe and Tom's Bold Predictions
In this episode of OttoGraphs, recorded just before the beginning of the regular season, Joe and Tom talk about some of their ottoneu-specific bold predictions (Joe, Tom), and banter about a few
- OttoGraphs Episode 11: Trade Breakdown
In this episode of OttoGraphs, Tom, Justin, and Joe break down the latest big trade out of the Ottoneu Champions League, and then discuss some of the implications and general trade strategies at play
- OttoGraphs Episode 12: Early Ottoneu Prospect Standouts
In this episode of OttoGraphs, Tom and Justin highlight some prospects who are gaining value this spring, with a specific eye towards ottoneu's unique prospect landscape. We also give a brief pitch
- OttoGraphs Episode 9: Player Value Changes
In this episode of OttoGraphs, Tom and Joe discuss some players who have changed their value in the early going, specifically with respect to the Ottoneu FGPts format.
Feel free to comment
- OttoGraphs Episode 10: Ottoneu Power Rankings
In this episode of OttoGraphs, Tom, Justin, and Trey discuss some early results in the Ottoneu Power Rankings, particularly what those results can tell us about the state of ottoneu strategy across
- OttoGraphs Episode 6: Interview with Niv Shah
In this episode of OttoGraphs, Tom and Trey interview Niv Shah, the creator of Ottoneu.
We discuss a wide variety of topics, including, but not limited to:
the brand new Ottoneu Community (You
- OttoGraphs Episode 13: The Good, the Bad, and the Harvey
In this episode of OttoGraphs, Tom and Trey discuss some players who have had notable seasons so far, for good and bad reasons! On the positive side, players like Jonathan Villar, Aledmys Diaz, Derek
- OttoGraphs Episode 14: Ottoneu All Star Hitters
In this episode of OttoGraphs, Tom, Justin, and Trey chat about some hitters who have represented the best values in Ottoneu over the first half of the season, including underpaid superstars like
- OttoGraphs Episode 15: Ottoneu All Star Pitchers
In this episode of OttoGraphs, Tom, and Trey continue last week's discussion about Ottoneu All Stars, this time hitting some of the first half's most valuable pitchers, including Drew Pomeranz, Rich
- OttoGraphs Episode 8: The Standings Dashboard
In this episode of OttoGraphs, Tom, Trey, and Justin discuss the Standings Dashboard, a tool that helps you analyze your team's performance and compare it to the league. Later, we talk about how
- 2016 Ottoneu FGpts Rankings – Prospects
AVG. – The average of our four rankings (for the purposes of this exercise "NR" was calculated as a ranking of 55)
Split – Difference
- The Fantasy Infirmary, with Dr. Otto Neu, M.D.
- OttoGraphs Episode 5: OttoGraphs Time Capsule
- OttoGraphs Episode 7: Early Season Advice
- Blurred Expectations Unavoidable for Adam Lind
- Carrasco's New Deal, and Why the Yankees Should Do the Same with Pineda
- Introducing Two New Pitching Metrics: exOUT% and exRP27
- Cashman Strikes Again
- Tom Seaver Has No Friends
MetsBlog.com has a quote from Tom Seaver about Johan Santana's no-hitter:
I’ve never met Johan personally, but, what I’ve heard about him is that he has a big heart and is a huge competitor. I
- The Fruits of Tom Gordon
Tom Gordon has had a noteworthy career, but for today, the discussion is going to focus on three players who have a connection to Tom Gordon that most do not realize. Gio Gonzalez, Ian Kennedy
- The Greatness of Tom Glavine
, you have to search for what those changes could've been. Other times, they flash in blinding neon. Tom Glavine was born in 1966. In June of 1984, he was drafted by the Atlanta Braves. In June of 1984
- Daily Graphing - Tom Glavine
After finish up the second half of 2004 with a 4-7 record and an ERA over 5, many thought it might be nearing the end for Tom Glavine who had been pitching in the majors for 18 years. 2005 started
- Tom Layne and Release Points
velocity and strikeout rate, there are plenty of pitchers that make less gas work by varying speeds, varying location, and varying movement.
Jack Moore did an excellent job of talking about Tom Layne's
- Tom Wilhelmsen Thrives With Fastball
Tom Wilhelmsen converted his seventh save of the season Monday night against the Orioles, tossing a scoreless ninth inning. The appearance marked his 16th straight without allowing an earned run
- Is Tom Milone Worth an Add?
In his first start as an Oakland Athletic, Tom Milone pitched eight shutout innings and allowed just six baserunners, which should prompt him to become a pretty big waiver wire pickup today
- What Is Tom Gorzelanny?
After picking up Matt Garza from Tampa Bay, the Cubs were widely expected to trade Tom Gorzelanny in order to free up a spot in the rotation for their newly acquired starter. Today, that expectation
- Book Review: Tom Clark's BASEBALL
found Tom Clark’s Baseball -- over 30 years after it was published.
I’ll cut to the quick: Baseball is a – perhaps the – must-read book for those who appreciate the NotGraphs approach to fanaticism
- A Short, Mediocre Play Featuring Tom Milone
(The curtain rises to reveal TOM MILONE, left-handed pitcher for the Oakland A's.)
TOM MILONE: My name is Tom Milone, of the Oakland baseball club. My ambition is to become a character
- Tom Milone and the Whole Velocity Thing
, and recently traded, left-hander Tom Milone.
If, somehow, you're not that sort of person, perhaps you've wandered to this site by accident. In any case, here's a recap of what you would've found
- Tom Wilhelmsen, A Good Ottoneu Add
Up until last night, Tom Wilhelmsen was my highest scorer in ottoneu, a league in which I own Ryan Braun, Troy Tulowitzki, Robinson Cano, and Dan Haren, to name a few. Mike Minor's great outing
- Tom McNamara: Scouting the Mariners Draft
Tom McNamara is playing a major role in the Mariners’ rebuilding efforts. Seattle’s scouting director for each of the past three drafts, McNamara added a franchise cornerstone when he took Dustin
- A Breathless Update on That Signed Tom Milone Hat
Many will enter (bids), only one will leave (with an autographed Tom Milone hat).
The attentive reader, using the part of his brain responsible for memory, will recall how, yesterday, the author
- The Entire World Reacts to a Tom Haudricourt Tweet
With the likelihood increasing that Jimmy Rollins will return to the Phillies and Rafael Furcal won't be signing with the Brewers, beat writer Tom Haudricourt of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
- FanGraphs Audio: Tom Haberstroh, NBA Nerd
Sources close to FanGraphs Audio report that the 2011-12 NBA season is mere days away. To acquaint us with same, we bring in a kindred spirit: ESPN NBA analyst Tom Haberstroh. Topics
- FanGraphs Audio: Tom Brookens and Phil Coke
David Laurila, curator of FanGraphs’ Q&A Series, talks with Tigers personalities of past and present and present: former Detroit third baseman (and current first-base coach) Tom Brookens
- FanGraphs Audio: Tom Zentmeyer, President of WhatIfSports
Tom Zentmeyer is the president of WhatIfSports and was integral to that site's creation of Hardball Dynasty, an online simulation that allows one to become both GM and manager
- Theo Epstein-Tom Ricketts Meeting Illustrated
News -- nay, "news" -- broke yesterday that a Chicagoan saw Red Sox GM Theo Epstein meeting with Cubs chairman/owner Tom Ricketts at a Starbucks. The resident/spy was "99.99% percent" sure
- Cooperstown and Tom Glavine Just Don't Mix
(and 203 losses) HAS to be looked at, and addressed. Because in 2014 when Tom Glavine is considered for induction into baseball's most prestigious sanctuary, those 305 wins are going to be discussed
- Tom Glavine's Allegedly Generous Strike Zone
People don't really argue about Tom Glavine anymore. It's been some years since he pitched, and we have younger, Troutier, Cabreraier things to argue about. But when people did argue about Tom
- Tom Gorzelanny and Others with Three Above Average Pitches
end and examine Tom Gorzelanny.
First, I will step through how I found a possible sleeper in a 31-year-old left handed middle reliever. I was looking for pitchers who threw three above average
- Tom Seaver, Yusmeiro Petit, Hunter Strickland and Deception
"Tom Seaver, he had the whole package. Power, deception, command, everything," said Giants pitching coach Dave Righetti last week before FanFest. We'd been talking about tipping pitches
- Spiritual Exercise re: Henderson Alvarez & Tom Milone
left-hander Tom Milone make their respective season debuts tonight -- the former at 7:07pm ET; the latter, at 10:05pm ET. While throwing from different sides and at considerably different velocities
- Mariners Send Tom Wilhelmsen for Leonys Martin
But these are the things you have to talk about when you try to evaluate the trade that sent center fielder Leonys Martin and reliever Anthony Bass to the Mariners and reliever Tom Wilhelmsen and outfielder James
- Pirates Trade John Grabow and Tom Gorzelanny
Snell, Freddy Sanchez, Tom Gorzelanny, and John Grabow
Into these guys:
Charlie Morton, Jeff Locke, Gorkys Hernandez, Lastings Milledge, Joel Hanrahan, Eric Fryer, Casey Erickson, Argenis Diaz
- Tom Layne Emerges From Padres Bullpen
Tom Layne's major league career is just 157 pitches old. Typically, this is not great news for a 27-year-old. Layne, however, has put together an exemplary 157 pitches to open his time in the big
- Tom Milone and the Scourge of a Weak Four-seamer
was significantly lower than league-average.
Which brings us to the case of Oakland Athletics left-hander, Tom Milone. After starting five games as a 24-year-old for the Nationals last season, Milone
- Q&A: Tom Burgmeier, '80s Bullpen Horse
If you weren’t a baseball fan between 1968 and 1984, you probably aren’t very familiar with Tom Burgmeier. Even if you know the name, chances are you don’t realize he was one of the top workhorse
- Dodgers' Lefty Tom Windle Shows Power Stuff
Tom Windle, LHP, Rancho Cucamonga Quakes (LAD, High-A – most recently viewed 8/27 at Rancho)
Windle was an arm scouts noticed out of the bullpen for U. Minnesota as early as his freshman year
- Tyler Duffey & Tom Wilhelmsen: Deep League Wire
-only formats, with some possible mixed league appeal as well.
Tom Wilhelmsen / RP / Seattle Mariners / 8%
Fernando Rodney was mercifully released by the Mariners the other day, and as the Mariners
- Tom Gorzelanny Is Starting to Reach His Potential
of chances even after their original team gives up. The Pirates have experienced this twice in the past few years, with Oliver Perez and then Tom Gorzelanny. While they made the right call in the case
- Q&A: Tom Glavine, Hall of Fame Pitcher
Tom Glavine is going into the Hall of Fame for a reason. The long-time Atlanta Braves lefthander was a great pitcher. He won over 300 games and was an All-Star 10 times. A pair of Cy Young awards
- A Q&A with Tom Tango: MLB's New Data Guru
Today, MLB Advanced Media is making a pretty exciting announcement, as they've brought in Tom Tango -- who created many of the metrics we use here on FanGraphs, and is probably the closest thing
- Tom Brookens, Future Big League Manager
Many feel Tom Brookens will become the Detroit Tigers manager when Jim Leyland retires. How soon that might happen is anybody’s guess. The 68-year-old Leyland may choose to stick around for awhile
- Daily Notes, Largely Concerning Tom Milone's Change
- Totally Unaltered Tweet: Inside Tom Ricketts
- Tom Kelly in Zubaz vs. A Pitching Machine
- Update: Autographed Tom Milone Hat Still Just $10
"Instant collector's item" is only one of many phrases that describes this autographed Tom Milone hat.
Hey gang, just wanted to let everyone know that the autographed and game-worn Tom Milone hat
- Daily Notes: Actual Ways in Which Tom Koehler Was the Best
Table of Contents
Here's the table of contents for today's edition of the Daily Notes.
1. Actual Ways in Which Tom Koehler Was the Best
2. Today's MLB.TV Free Game
3. Today's Complete Schedule
- Spotted Tonight Alot: Umpire Tom Hallion's Strikeout Call
this body, for example, in which the author is trapped for life.
In nearly related news, 56-year-old umpire Tom Hallion has performed his physically demanding, if not somewhat amusing, strikeout
- Projecting Rockies Call-Ups Cristhian Adames & Tom Murphy
Rockies team: infielder Cristhian Adames and catcher Tom Murphy.
Let's start with 24-year-old Cristhian Adames, who's a good bit closer to being ready for the big leagues than
- Another Look at Tom Glavine’s Generous Strike Zone
Jeff Sullivan recently suggested that despite his reputation Tom Glavine did not pitch to a significantly more generous strike zone. Sullivan points out Glavine did not get significantly more called
- Mariners' Scouting Director Tom McNamara on Alex Jackson and High School Picks
74th-overall, was 18-year-old Gareth Morgan out of North Toronto Collegiate [high school] in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
Tom McNamara, as one would expect, is bullish on both. The Mariners' director of amateur
- Jason Kipnis, Michael Taylor, Tom Milone: Mining the Minors
Tom Milone, SP
Current Level: Triple-A
Statistics: 8-5 W-L; 3.02 ERA; 0.96 WHIP; 113:8 K:BB over 110 1/3 IPs
40-man roster: No
Opportunity Rating: 6
Talent Rating: 7