- Blurred Expectations Unavoidable for Adam Lind
- Daily Fantasy Strategy – 6/9 – For Draftstreet
-weather game with the wind blowing lightly out to left field. And pray there’s no more #freebaseball in these games, unless you want to see David Murphy on the bump again.
The Daily Five
- Blake Murphy's 10 Bold Predictions
- Daily Fantasy Strategy – 8/7 – For Draftstreet
of the “it” that had us Jays fans fawning in 2011, but the daily price is yet to adjust accordingly.
Russell Martin - $6,909
Tom Koehler looks like the guy from Can’t Hardly Wait/Vegas Vacation/Empire Records
- Daily Fantasy Strategy — April 10 — For Draftstreet
- In the event you don't want to spend on Jays, the Nationals represent a nice opportunity against righty Tom Koehler as well. Koehler doesn't miss bats and, while he's been anything but bad through 162.1
- Casey Janssen And The Hyperefficient Save
to find the closest together any instances were. Here are the closest:
Pitches for B2B Saves
- Daily Fantasy Strategy – 6/20 – For Draftstreet
in 56-degree weather since cold temperatures drive down scoring, but there are two factors at play here: a 13MPH wind blowing out to right-center, and Tom Koehler. Koehler’s xFIP is stronger than his ERA
- What Happens When A Pitcher Goes Right Down The Middle?
- Blake Murphy's 10 Bold Fantasy Predictions
- Daniel Murphy: Underwhelming or underappreciated?
In 2013, Daniel Murphy defied all expectations by vaunting into the top-five tier of fantasy second basemen, making him one of the best bargains at the keystone sack and a tempting draft target back
- Is David Murphy Fantasy Relevant?
The Indians finalized their two-year, $12 million deal with David Murphy today. He's projected for two wins by Steamer, and in the past that front office has pegged the cost per win much higher than
- David Murphy: Undrafted
David Murphy hit over .300 with double-digit power and steals last season. He's in line for more playing time with Josh Hamilton gone. He just turned 31, so age is only a slight concern
- Daniel Murphy & Power Potential
Daniel Murphy has started to command more attention from fantasy owners. He amassed 600 plate appearances for the first time last year and has really locked down the everyday role at second base
- Daniel Murphy: A Surprise in the Top 5
In his fourth full big league season, Mets second baseman Daniel Murphy finally fulfilled his fantasy promised and delivered great value to his owners. Likely drafted in the last two rounds or simply
- Tom Seaver Has No Friends
MetsBlog.com has a quote from Tom Seaver about Johan Santana's no-hitter:
I’ve never met Johan personally, but, what I’ve heard about him is that he has a big heart and is a huge competitor. I
- The Fruits of Tom Gordon
Tom Gordon has had a noteworthy career, but for today, the discussion is going to focus on three players who have a connection to Tom Gordon that most do not realize. Gio Gonzalez, Ian Kennedy
- David Murphy: A Platoon of His Own
David Murphy ranked 88th among outfielders in Zach Sanders' rankings, worth negative $5. His disappointing season allowed the Cleveland Indians to sign the 32-year-old platoon outfielder
- Vlad, Murphy, And Potential Second Guessers
career, at least for me. Particularly, I wouldn't be surprised if Vlad was now a -25 or -30 outfielder, as Griffey was with Cincinnati in 2007, at least according to UZR. With David Murphy as an aveage
- The Greatness of Tom Glavine
, you have to search for what those changes could've been. Other times, they flash in blinding neon. Tom Glavine was born in 1966. In June of 1984, he was drafted by the Atlanta Braves. In June of 1984
- Daily Graphing - Tom Glavine
After finish up the second half of 2004 with a 4-7 record and an ERA over 5, many thought it might be nearing the end for Tom Glavine who had been pitching in the majors for 18 years. 2005 started
- Tom Layne and Release Points
velocity and strikeout rate, there are plenty of pitchers that make less gas work by varying speeds, varying location, and varying movement.
Jack Moore did an excellent job of talking about Tom Layne's
- Tom Wilhelmsen Thrives With Fastball
Tom Wilhelmsen converted his seventh save of the season Monday night against the Orioles, tossing a scoreless ninth inning. The appearance marked his 16th straight without allowing an earned run
- Is Tom Milone Worth an Add?
In his first start as an Oakland Athletic, Tom Milone pitched eight shutout innings and allowed just six baserunners, which should prompt him to become a pretty big waiver wire pickup today
- Contract Crowdsourcing 2013-14: David Murphy
is likely to receive, FanGraphs is also requesting that readers make note of how much they'd pay each free agent were they, themselves, actual GMs.
In this edition: David Murphy.
- What Is Tom Gorzelanny?
After picking up Matt Garza from Tampa Bay, the Cubs were widely expected to trade Tom Gorzelanny in order to free up a spot in the rotation for their newly acquired starter. Today, that expectation
- Q&A: David Murphy, Underrated Ranger
David Murphy isn’t a star. The former first-round draft pick -- 17th overall by the Red Sox in 2003 -- has never been able to establish himself as more than a solid player. Coming into the season
- Spotted: David Murphy, Possibly Surveying Confederate Dead
While the following image was not definitively taken moments after David Murphy felled Mark Reynolds, that treasonous Reb, at Antietam with one shot from an Enfield rifle, it probably
- Can Daniel Murphy Survive BABIP Drop?
Daniel Murphy entered the 2008 season not even among the Mets’ top 10 prospects according to Baseball America. Prospect maven John Sickels gave him a “C” grade but called him a sleeper. Yet Murphy
- Do We All Still Underrate Daniel Murphy?
for draft picks and prospect upgrades. (Without boring you with too many details, each of the 12 teams keeps eight major-league players per year.)
Daniel Murphy is one guy I was openly shopping
- Why David Murphy is the Most Underrated Signing of the Offseason
On November 20th, the Cleveland Indians signed outfielder David Murphy to a 2 year/12 million dollar contract, hoping to see a bounce-back pair of seasons from him after an atrocious 2013
- Unintentionally Found: Rob Murphy, OG Stat Nerd
around a couple of ideas for an article. One involved Murphy's internal dialog as he played a text-based computer game. Another had him hacking into the stadium's scoreboard.
But then I did a little
- Book Review: Tom Clark's BASEBALL
found Tom Clark’s Baseball -- over 30 years after it was published.
I’ll cut to the quick: Baseball is a – perhaps the – must-read book for those who appreciate the NotGraphs approach to fanaticism
- Cleveland Signs David Murphy, Continues Loving Platoons
Former Texas Ranger David Murphy has reportedly agreed to a contract with the Cleveland Indians. As of this writing, the details are still coming out, but the deal is said to be for two years
- A Short, Mediocre Play Featuring Tom Milone
(The curtain rises to reveal TOM MILONE, left-handed pitcher for the Oakland A's.)
TOM MILONE: My name is Tom Milone, of the Oakland baseball club. My ambition is to become a character
- David Murphy: Next Ranger In Line For An Extension?
Harrison who stays. They've been aggressive about signing players on the right side of 30 to multi-year extensions while eschewing the guys approaching their decline years. David Murphy could
- Daily Fantasy Strategy – 6/13 – For Draftstreet
. This won’t, nay, can’t be pretty.
David Murphy - $5,128
There’s a similar story here, with no Rangers really being a poor choice. Esmil Rogers has been a pleasant surprise for my Toronto Blue Jays
- Daily Fantasy Strategy – 7/4 – For Draftstreet
, but he’s hitting lefties decent and is underpriced given his power potential. If you can make room in the budget for a $10k hitter, Laser Show is a nice target, too.
Daniel Murphy - $6,715
- Tom Milone and the Whole Velocity Thing
, and recently traded, left-hander Tom Milone.
If, somehow, you're not that sort of person, perhaps you've wandered to this site by accident. In any case, here's a recap of what you would've found
- Tom Wilhelmsen, A Good Ottoneu Add
Up until last night, Tom Wilhelmsen was my highest scorer in ottoneu, a league in which I own Ryan Braun, Troy Tulowitzki, Robinson Cano, and Dan Haren, to name a few. Mike Minor's great outing
- Josh Hamilton Out - Enter David Murphy
up, David Murphy. Murphy will probably play every day in the outfield for the next two months, and if you go back and pro-rate out his previous years, he looks like he could hit 20+ home runs and steal
- Chris Davis and David Murphy, in the [Pitching] Zone
For Chris Davis and David Murphy, “in the zone” doesn’t extend to the mound. Each has a successful pitching performance on his resume, but in neither case was there a feeling of being in command
- Daily Fantasy Strategy – 7/25 – For Draftstreet
There’s quite a bit of chaos in the Murphy household at the moment, so I didn’t have time to dive into more stadium-specific wind effects, but look for Wrigley Field data on Saturday.
As for today
- Relevant Week One Playing Time Surprises
it's tough to see him carving out a 400-PA role. Morgan would be a fine speed play, but Bourn and Michael Brantley are fairly well-entrenched, David Murphy already has the friendly side of a platoon
- Daily Fantasy Strategy — May 25 — For Draftstreet
(Vegas agrees, and the over/under for this one is set at nine).
David Murphy - $5,836
Lonnie Chisenhall - $5,505
Yan Gomes - $5,571
(And Michael Brantley at $8,677 if you can find the cash
- Daily Fantasy Strategy – 6/16 – For Draftstreet
. Chien-Ming Wang in Arlington? Yes, please. I pegged Crus because despite his 16 homers he comes much cheaper than teammate Adrian Beltre and, curiously, Jeff Baker (plus I’ve been burned on David Murphy
- Tom McNamara: Scouting the Mariners Draft
Tom McNamara is playing a major role in the Mariners’ rebuilding efforts. Seattle’s scouting director for each of the past three drafts, McNamara added a franchise cornerstone when he took Dustin
- The AL East War Of Attrition
infield help. Daniel Murphy from the cross-town Mets would fit the bill at second, which might be the better play considering they at least have an excellent defensive backup at short already
- The Draft Pick Compensation Paradox
have kept David Murphy (2 years, $12M), signed Chris Young (1/$7M) for outfield depth, improved behind the plate with Jarrod Saltalamacchia (3/$21M), and bolstered their rotation with Matt Garza (4
- David Murphy & Carlos Villanueva: Waiver Wire
The fantasy season is starting to reach crunch time, so let's begin the week with two players who have recently taken on more prominent roles...
David Murphy | OF | Rangers | Owned: 12% Yahoo
- J.R. Murphy: New York Yankees Catching Prospect
Barring unforeseen circumstances, J.R. Murphy isn’t going to be the New York Yankees’ starting catcher anytime soon. Not with Brian McCann inked to a five-year contract worth $85 million
- Position Battles: Rangers' OF, Pt. 2: Jones and Murphy
repeat performances. Now, let's turn our attention to a guy who has nowhere to go but up (Andruw Jones) and a sophomore fighting to stay in the lineup (David Murphy).
It's difficult to avert one's
- Murphy, Hosmer, Moreland & Smoak: 1B Risers/Fallers
Let's look at a pair of first baseman with their stock on the rise, and a pair with their stock heading south...
Daniel Murphy | Mets | Last 30 days: .373/.400/.573, 2 HR, 21 RBI, 12 R
- Vernon Wells and David Murphy: Waiver Wire Outfielders
, it could be quite helpful and inexpensive.
David Murphy, TEX |OF| Ownership: ESPN -- 32.0% Yahoo -- 38.0%
If you're in a mixed league, then there seem to be a few more choices to replace Ludwick
- Introducing the Adam Dunn Hat Trick
- Edwin Encarnacion Is Not Your Typical Slugger
- Why Would A Pitcher Pitch Against The Shift?
- Wasted Pitches and the Pitchers Who Make the Most of Them
- San Diego's Historically Tenuous Trio
- The Giants And High-Leverage Dominance
- Is Brett Lawrie Putting Himself In Harm's Way?
- Aaron Sanchez and the Trevor Rosenthal Experiment
- Josh Reddick's Beard Caught Up in WWE's Top Feud
- Rejected FanGraphs Spin-Offs
- Detroit Tigers Bullpen: Depth Chart Discussion
- Toronto Blue Jays Bullpen: Depth Chart Discussion
- New York Mets Bullpen: Depth Chart Discussion
- Position Battle Update: American League
- Stream, Aim, Fire - First Weekend Streaming Options
- Stream, Aim, Fire - Friday and Saturday Streaming Options
- Stream, Aim, Fire - Thin Weekend Streaming Options
- Stream, Aim, Fire: Friday and Saturday Streaming Options
- Stream, Aim, Fire: Friday and Saturday Streaming Options
- Stream, Aim, Fire: Friday and Saturday Streaming Options
- Stream, Aim, Fire: Friday and Saturday Streaming Options
- Stream, Aim, Fire: Friday and Saturday Streaming Options
- Daily Fantasy Update – 5/30/13 – For Draftstreet
- Daily Fantasy Strategy - 6/2 - For Draftstreet
- Daily Fantasy Strategy – 6/6 – For Draftstreet
- Daily Fantasy Strategy – 6/12 – For Draftstreet
- Daily Fantasy Strategy – 6/15 – For Draftstreet
- Daily Fantasy Strategy – 6/19 – For Draftstreet
- A High-Def Look at Esmil Rogers
- Daily Fantasy Strategy – 6/22 – For Draftstreet
- Daily Fantasy Strategy – 6/27 – For Draftstreet
- Daily Fantasy Strategy – 6/29 – For Draftstreet
- Daily Fantasy Strategy – 6/30 – For Draftstreet
- 2013 Shortstop Tier Rankings: July
- Daily Fantasy Strategy – 7/3 – For Draftstreet
- Daily Fantasy Strategy – 7/6 – For Draftstreet
- Daily Fantasy Strategy – 7/7 – For Draftstreet
- Meet the New Hanley, Same as the Old Hanley
- Daily Fantasy Strategy – 7/11 – For Draftstreet
- Daily Fantasy Strategy – 7/14 – For Draftstreet
- Is Jean Segura a New Jose Reyes?
- Daily Fantasy Strategy – First Half Reflections
- Daily Fantasy Strategy – 7/20 – For Draftstreet
- Daily Fantasy Strategy – 7/21 – For Draftstreet
- Should There Be Any Expectations for Derek Jeter in 2014?
- Daily Fantasy Strategy – 7/27 – For Draftstreet
- Daily Fantasy Strategy – 7/28 – For Draftstreet
- A More Detailed Look at Jonathan Villar's Fantasy Potential
- Daily Fantasy Strategy – 8/1 – For Draftstreet
- Daily Fantasy Strategy – 8/3 – For Draftstreet
- Can Nick Franklin Remain Top-10 at Second and Short?
- Daily Fantasy Strategy – 8/8 – For Draftstreet
- Daily Fantasy Strategy – 8/10 – For Draftstreet
- Daily Fantasy Strategy – 8/11 – For Draftstreet
- Daily Fantasy Strategy – 8/15 – For Draftstreet
- Daily Fantasy Strategy – 8/17 – For Draftstreet
- Yunel Escobar and the Value Gap
- Daily Fantasy Strategy – 8/22 – For Draftstreet
- Daily Fantasy Strategy – 8/24 – For Draftstreet
- Daily Fantasy Strategy – 8/25 – For Draftstreet
- Will Hechavarria Ever Have Fantasy Value?
- Daily Fantasy Strategy – 8/29 – For Draftstreet
- Daily Fantasy Strategy – 8/31 – For Draftstreet
- Shortstops: A Quick Look at 2014
- Daily Fantasy Strategy – 9/5 – For Draftstreet
- Daily Fantasy Strategy – 9/7 – For Draftstreet
- Daily Fantasy Strategy – 9/8 – For Draftstreet
- Breaking down Brad Miller for 2014
- Daily Fantasy Strategy – 9/11 – For Draftstreet
- Daily Fantasy Strategy – 9/12 – For Draftstreet
- Daily Fantasy Strategy – 9/14 – For Draftstreet
- Looking back at 2013 shortstop ADPs
- Daily Fantasy Strategy – 9/19 – For Draftstreet
- Daily Fantasy Strategy – 9/21 – For Draftstreet
- Final Week Shortstop Plays By Category
- Daily Fantasy Strategy – 9/26 – For Draftstreet
- Daily Fantasy Strategy – 9/28 – For Draftstreet
- Daily Fantasy Strategy – 9/29 – For Draftstreet
- 10 Bold Reflections: We suck, we're idiots
- Francisco Liriano: My Fantasy MVP
- Say Goodbye to J.P. Arencibia, Relevant Fantasy Catcher
- Matt Wieters And His Frustrating Handedness Splits
- Wilin Rosario Is Not Just A Product Of Coors Field
- Edwin Encarnacion Continues To Walk The Parrot
- Todd Helton: One Of Fantasy Baseball's First Studs
- Dustin Pedroia Was Excellent, But Is The Power Outage A Concern?
- Kyle Seager's Cold Finish Shouldn't Scare You Off
- How Can You Trust A Player Like Alex Rios?
- Can Colby Rasmus Survive A Visit From The BABIP Regression Monster?
- Should Kris Medlen Strike Out More Batters?
- Zack Greinke Reverses FIP-ERA Gap But Loses Strikeouts
- Shelby Miller And Getting It Together
- Ironically, Velocity Is The Key To R.A. Dickey's Knuckleball
- Can Sergio Santos Take The Closer Job From Casey Janssen?
- The Rockies Bullpen - The Dinosaur And Rex
- Just Look Away From The Astros Rotation
- Chapman Leads Impressive Baker-Free Reds Bullpen
- Royals Rotation: Half Their Payroll, Next To None Of Your Budget
- Cishek Heads Up "Why Not?" Marlins Bullpen
- Blue Jays Bullpen: Good Because It Has To Be
- Blue Jays Rotation: Standing Still On The Speedway
- Are We Sure Brett Lawrie's A Top-10 Third Baseman?
- Reflections From A Very Deep, Very Early Auction
- Fangraphs Consensus Rankings Spreadsheet With Projection System Averages
- How To Account For Keeper Inflation In Your Auction Draft
- Adding Complexity Doesn't Make Spring Stats More Predictive
- More On Spring Stats And Power, With An Eye on Chris Heisey
- Daily Fantasy Strategy -- March 30 -- For Draftstreet
- 2014 Shortstop Tier Rankings: April
- Daily Fantasy Strategy — April 3 — For Draftstreet
- Daily Fantasy Strategy — April 6 — For Draftstreet
- Step Away From Adeiny Hechavarria
- Economics and Fantasy Intersect in the Oakland Bullpen
- Daily Fantasy Strategy — April 13 — For Draftstreet
- Looking At Strikeout Rate Changes After 70 Batters Faced
- Giddy Up On Dee Gordon
- Daily Fantasy Strategy — April 17 — For Draftstreet
- Daily Fantasy Strategy — April 20 — For Draftstreet
- Martin Perez: Bad Fastball, Awesome Sinker
- Tightening Brad Miller's Leash
- Daily Fantasy Strategy — April 24 — For Draftstreet
- Daily Fantasy Strategy — April 27 — For Draftstreet
- Troy Tulowitzki: A Tier Of His Own
- Daily Fantasy Strategy — May 8 — For Draftstreet
- Daily Fantasy Strategy — May 11 — For Draftstreet
- Inside Jimmy Rollins' Unlikely Resurgence
- Daily Fantasy Strategy — May 15 — For Draftstreet
- Daily Fantasy Strategy — May 18 — For Draftstreet
- Daily Fantasy Strategy — May 22 — For Draftstreet
- Giving Josh Rutledge Another Chance
- Daily Fantasy Strategy — May 29 — For Draftstreet
- Daily Fantasy Strategy — June 1 — For Draftstreet
- 2014 Shortstop Tier Rankings: June
- Daily Fantasy Strategy — June 5 — For Draftstreet
- Daily Fantasy Strategy — June 8 — For Draftstreet
- The Disappearance Of J.J. Hardy's Power
- Daily Fantasy Strategy — June 12 — For Draftstreet
- Daily Fantasy Strategy — June 15 — For Draftstreet
- Important Life Questions And Brad Miller
- Daily Fantasy Strategy — June 19 — For Draftstreet
- Daily Fantasy Strategy — June 22 — For Draftstreet
- Tempering Expectations On A Trio Of Shortstops
- Daily Fantasy Strategy — June 26 — For Draftstreet
- Daily Fantasy Strategy — June 29 — For Draftstreet
- Mid-Season Shortstop Tier Rankings
- Daily Fantasy Strategy — July 3 — For Draftstreet
- Daily Fantasy Strategy — July 5 — For Draftstreet
- Daily Fantasy Strategy — July 6 — For Draftstreet
- Jed Lowrie's Power Outage Provides Buy-Low Opportunity
- Daily Fantasy Strategy — July 9 — For Draftstreet
- Daily Fantasy Strategy — July 10 — For Draftstreet
- Shortstops With Potential Second-Half Playing Time Gains
- Daily Fantasy Strategy — July 20 — For Draftstreet
- Daily Fantasy Strategy — July 21 — For Draftstreet
- Daily Fantasy Strategy — July 24 — For Draftstreet
- Contract Modeling for the 2014 Free Agent Class
- Mike Minor and All the Home Runs
- On Chris Davis and How He Isn't Hitting Very Well
- Some Optimism for the Arizona Diamondbacks
- A Breathless Update on That Signed Tom Milone Hat
Many will enter (bids), only one will leave (with an autographed Tom Milone hat).
The attentive reader, using the part of his brain responsible for memory, will recall how, yesterday, the author
- Donnie Murphy & L.J. Hoes: Deep League Wire
for significant playing time.
Donnie Murphy | 3B CHC | CBS 8% Owned
Ever since starter Luis Valbuena was placed on the DL with an oblique injury early this month, Murphy has become
- Deep-League Waivers: Murphy, Pie, Dyson
with even the best laid plans. Let's hit on all three below, in the form of AL outfielders.
David Murphy, Rangers
It's time to get on board with the Murph. He started 2011 with a pinch-hit two-run
- The Entire World Reacts to a Tom Haudricourt Tweet
With the likelihood increasing that Jimmy Rollins will return to the Phillies and Rafael Furcal won't be signing with the Brewers, beat writer Tom Haudricourt of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
- FanGraphs Audio: Tom Haberstroh, NBA Nerd
Sources close to FanGraphs Audio report that the 2011-12 NBA season is mere days away. To acquaint us with same, we bring in a kindred spirit: ESPN NBA analyst Tom Haberstroh. Topics
- FanGraphs Audio: Tom Brookens and Phil Coke
David Laurila, curator of FanGraphs’ Q&A Series, talks with Tigers personalities of past and present and present: former Detroit third baseman (and current first-base coach) Tom Brookens
- FanGraphs Audio: Tom Zentmeyer, President of WhatIfSports
Tom Zentmeyer is the president of WhatIfSports and was integral to that site's creation of Hardball Dynasty, an online simulation that allows one to become both GM and manager
- Theo Epstein-Tom Ricketts Meeting Illustrated
News -- nay, "news" -- broke yesterday that a Chicagoan saw Red Sox GM Theo Epstein meeting with Cubs chairman/owner Tom Ricketts at a Starbucks. The resident/spy was "99.99% percent" sure
- Cooperstown and Tom Glavine Just Don't Mix
(and 203 losses) HAS to be looked at, and addressed. Because in 2014 when Tom Glavine is considered for induction into baseball's most prestigious sanctuary, those 305 wins are going to be discussed
- Tom Glavine's Allegedly Generous Strike Zone
People don't really argue about Tom Glavine anymore. It's been some years since he pitched, and we have younger, Troutier, Cabreraier things to argue about. But when people did argue about Tom
- Tom Gorzelanny and Others with Three Above Average Pitches
end and examine Tom Gorzelanny.
First, I will step through how I found a possible sleeper in a 31-year-old left handed middle reliever. I was looking for pitchers who threw three above average
- Tom Seaver, Yusmeiro Petit, Hunter Strickland and Deception
"Tom Seaver, he had the whole package. Power, deception, command, everything," said Giants pitching coach Dave Righetti last week before FanFest. We'd been talking about tipping pitches
- Spiritual Exercise re: Henderson Alvarez & Tom Milone
left-hander Tom Milone make their respective season debuts tonight -- the former at 7:07pm ET; the latter, at 10:05pm ET. While throwing from different sides and at considerably different velocities
- Pirates Trade John Grabow and Tom Gorzelanny
Snell, Freddy Sanchez, Tom Gorzelanny, and John Grabow
Into these guys:
Charlie Morton, Jeff Locke, Gorkys Hernandez, Lastings Milledge, Joel Hanrahan, Eric Fryer, Casey Erickson, Argenis Diaz
- Tom Layne Emerges From Padres Bullpen
Tom Layne's major league career is just 157 pitches old. Typically, this is not great news for a 27-year-old. Layne, however, has put together an exemplary 157 pitches to open his time in the big
- Tom Milone and the Scourge of a Weak Four-seamer
was significantly lower than league-average.
Which brings us to the case of Oakland Athletics left-hander, Tom Milone. After starting five games as a 24-year-old for the Nationals last season, Milone
- Q&A: Tom Burgmeier, '80s Bullpen Horse
If you weren’t a baseball fan between 1968 and 1984, you probably aren’t very familiar with Tom Burgmeier. Even if you know the name, chances are you don’t realize he was one of the top workhorse
- Dodgers' Lefty Tom Windle Shows Power Stuff
Tom Windle, LHP, Rancho Cucamonga Quakes (LAD, High-A – most recently viewed 8/27 at Rancho)
Windle was an arm scouts noticed out of the bullpen for U. Minnesota as early as his freshman year
- Tom Gorzelanny Is Starting to Reach His Potential
of chances even after their original team gives up. The Pirates have experienced this twice in the past few years, with Oliver Perez and then Tom Gorzelanny. While they made the right call in the case
- Q&A: Tom Glavine, Hall of Fame Pitcher
Tom Glavine is going into the Hall of Fame for a reason. The long-time Atlanta Braves lefthander was a great pitcher. He won over 300 games and was an All-Star 10 times. A pair of Cy Young awards
- Tom Brookens, Future Big League Manager
Many feel Tom Brookens will become the Detroit Tigers manager when Jim Leyland retires. How soon that might happen is anybody’s guess. The 68-year-old Leyland may choose to stick around for awhile
- Daniel Murphy, Paternity Leave, Boomer Esiason's Lobotomy, and the White House
Mets second baseman and sports'-only-parental-role-model Daniel Murphy was in the news in April when he missed the first two games of the season to be with his wife for the birth of their son
- Daniel Murphy, Laynce Nix and Casey Blake: Deep League Waiver Wire
Daniel Murphy | 1% Owned (Y!) | 0% Owned (ESPN)
After the ousting of Brad Emaus as the Mets’ everyday second baseman, Murphy backed his way into consistent playing time in New York. Murphy
- Update: Autographed Tom Milone Hat Still Just $10
"Instant collector's item" is only one of many phrases that describes this autographed Tom Milone hat.
Hey gang, just wanted to let everyone know that the autographed and game-worn Tom Milone hat
- Daily Notes, Largely Concerning Tom Milone's Change
- Totally Unaltered Tweet: Inside Tom Ricketts
- Tom Kelly in Zubaz vs. A Pitching Machine
- Daily Notes: Actual Ways in Which Tom Koehler Was the Best
Table of Contents
Here's the table of contents for today's edition of the Daily Notes.
1. Actual Ways in Which Tom Koehler Was the Best
2. Today's MLB.TV Free Game
3. Today's Complete Schedule
- Spotted Tonight Alot: Umpire Tom Hallion's Strikeout Call
this body, for example, in which the author is trapped for life.
In nearly related news, 56-year-old umpire Tom Hallion has performed his physically demanding, if not somewhat amusing, strikeout
- Another Look at Tom Glavine’s Generous Strike Zone
Jeff Sullivan recently suggested that despite his reputation Tom Glavine did not pitch to a significantly more generous strike zone. Sullivan points out Glavine did not get significantly more called
- Mariners' Scouting Director Tom McNamara on Alex Jackson and High School Picks
74th-overall, was 18-year-old Gareth Morgan out of North Toronto Collegiate [high school] in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
Tom McNamara, as one would expect, is bullish on both. The Mariners' director of amateur
- Jason Kipnis, Michael Taylor, Tom Milone: Mining the Minors
Tom Milone, SP
Current Level: Triple-A
Statistics: 8-5 W-L; 3.02 ERA; 0.96 WHIP; 113:8 K:BB over 110 1/3 IPs
40-man roster: No
Opportunity Rating: 6
Talent Rating: 7