- Daily Fantasy Strategy -- April 11 -- For Draftstreet
appealing match-up to take advantage of.
Bonus Pick: Tyler Skaggs - $10,137
The Padres offense has been bad, but the Mets haven't been much better. So far, they're striking out ~27% of the time
- Daily Fantasy Strategy -- April 29 -- For Draftstreet
Hill draws Tyler Chatwood tonight. And while Arizona isn't as friendly as Coors Field, it's still pretty damn friendly.
This post, covering one of the leading sites for daily fantasy
- Daily Fantasy Strategy -- June 27 -- For Draftstreet
forever bet against Nuno - it’s a flaw/bias, at this point. Boston’s offense hasn’t been anything close to what they had hoped, but there are still some decent options in their lineup.
- Daily Fantasy Strategy -- All-Star Break Notes -- For Draftstreet
, but being a full time closer isn’t exactly required to be valuable. Dellin Betances is in the top 25. So is Jake McGee. Tyler Clippard, Pat Neshek, and Antonio Bastardo don’t miss by much. So let’s have
- Leveraging the Orioles Bullpen
- Tyler Flowers on Framing and Umpires
Much has been written about pitch framing, and Tyler Flowers knows the subject well. The Chicago White Sox backstop has caught 255 big league games and another 362 at the minor-league level. He's
- Adam Jones is Boring, And That's Fine, Right?
Over the last three years, Adam Jones has hit between .280 and .287, launched between 25 and 33 homers, and stolen between 12 and 16 bases. Considering the way team performances vary from year
- The Top Five Yankee Second Basemen
- Andruw Jones
So far, Andruw Jones hasn't had the start to his Dodger career that anyone would have hoped for. His .149/.259/.234 line would make him a decent hitting pitcher, but as an $18 million dollar per
- Daily Fantasy Strategy -- July 22 -- For DraftKings
+ of 144 versus left handed pitching. Yes, Happ does have a reverse split over the past few seasons, but he’s still allowed a .337 wOBA versus right handed batters over his career.
Adam Jones - $4,700
- Daily Fantasy Strategy -- June 3 -- For Draftstreet
into the lineup. Michael Cuddyer suited up at third base this weekend, so maybe that's a harbinger of things to come?
Adam Jones - $6,494
Joe Saunders doesn't miss many bats. Adam Jones has crushed
- How Hard Is It To Be Successful Without Drawing Walks?
fWAR from 2000-2013 only 58 or 28.7% had walk rates less than or equal to 8%. Adam Jones fell slightly below on a few parameters, but for comparison's sake he felt pretty accurate. Here is Yasiel Puig
- Kennys Vargas is Walking a Fine Line
- - -
- Daily Fantasy Strategy -- June 17 -- For Draftstreet
pitching pretty well; they’re facing John Danks tonight, weather permitting. Speaking of left handed pitching, the Orioles lineup, as a whole, isn’t otherworldly versus southpaws, but Adam Jones
- Daily Fantasy Strategy -- July 2 -- For Draftstreet
Ausmus and pitching coach Jeff Jones to pour over film, new and old. They saw that the right-hander was moving laterally in a way that needed to be changed. They wanted him to move more toward home
- Daily Fantasy Strategy -- July 12 -- For Draftstreet
home run issues haven't gone anywhere; Tex's power, however, has rebounded rather nicely, especially from the left side.
Adam Jones - $7,842
Manny Machado - $7,293
- April Surprise: Tyler Chatwood
As the calendar turns from April to May, perhaps the biggest surprise in all of baseball has been the batting performance of Colorado Rockie Tyler Chatwood. With an on-base percentage of 1.000
- Tyler Colvin: League Leader
Spend a little while thinking about Tyler Colvin. Since you're all FanGraphs readers, I'm going to assume that you're at least somewhat familiar with who he is. That is, if you think about the things
- Liberating Liberated Fandom
this Braves team is probably the most enjoyable one to watch since Andruw Jones and the Baby Braves ruled the roost. Cabrera and Eric Hinske were the only two guys I could think to speak
- Daily Fantasy Strategy -- April 2 -- For Draftstreet
- Daily Fantasy Strategy -- April 4 -- For Draftstreet
- Daily Fantasy Strategy -- April 5 -- for Draftstreet
- Daily Fantasy Strategy -- April 8 -- For Draftstreet
- Daily Fantasy Strategy -- April 9 -- For Draftstreet
- Daily Fantasy Strategy -- April 12 -- For Draftstreet
- Daily Fantasy Strategy -- April 15 -- For Drafstreet
- Daily Fantasy Strategy -- April 16 -- For Draftstreet
- Daily Fantasy Strategy -- April 18 -- For Draftstreet
- Daily Fantasy Strategy -- April 19 -- For Draftstreet
- Daily Fantasy Strategy -- April 22 -- For Draftstreet
- Daily Fantasy Strategy -- April 23 -- For Draftstreet
- Daily Fantasy Strategy -- April 25 -- For Draftstreet
- Daily Fantasy Strategy -- April 26 -- For Draftsreet
- Daily Fantasy Strategy -- April 30 -- For Draftstreet
- Daily Fantasy Strategy -- May 1 -- For Draftstreet
- Daily Fantasy Strategy -- May 2 -- For Draftstreet
- Daily Fantasy Strategy -- May 3 -- For Draftstreet
- Daily Fantasy Strategy -- May 4 -- For Draftstreet
- Daily Fantasy Strategy -- May 6 -- For Draftstreet
- Daily Fantasy Strategy -- May 7 -- For Draftstreet
- Daily Fantasy Strategy -- May 9 -- For Draftstreet
- Daily Fantasy Strategy -- May 10 -- For Draftstreet
- Daily Fantasy Strategy -- May 13 -- For Draftstreet
- Daily Fantasy Strategy -- May 14 -- For Draftstreet
- Daily Fantasy Strategy -- May 16 -- For Draftstreet
- Daily Fantasy Strategy -- May 17 -- For Draftstreet
- Daily Fantasy Strategy -- May 20 -- For Draftstreet
- Daily Fantasy Strategy -- May 21 -- For Draftstreet
- Daily Fantasy Strategy -- May 23 -- For Draftstreet
- Daily Fantasy Strategy -- May 24 -- For Draftstreet
- Daily Fantasy Strategy -- May 27 -- For Draftstreet
- Daily Fantasy Strategy -- May 28 -- For Draftstreet
- Daily Fantasy Strategy -- May 30 -- For Draftstreet
- Daily Fantasy Strategy -- May 31 -- For Draftstreet
- Daily Fantasy Strategy -- June 4 -- For Draftstreet
- Daily Fantasy Strategy -- June 6 -- For Draftstreet
- Daily Fantasy Strategy -- June 7 -- For Draftstreet
- Daily Fantasy Strategy -- June 10 -- For Draftstreet
- Daily Fantasy Strategy -- June 11 -- For Draftstreet
- Daily Fantasy Strategy -- June 13 -- For Draftstreet
- Daily Fantasy Strategy -- June 14 -- For Draftstreet
- Daily Fantasy Strategy -- June 18 -- For Draftstreet
- Daily Fantasy Strategy -- June 20 -- For Draftstreet
- Daily Fantasy Strategy -- June 21 -- For Draftstreet
- Daily Fantasy Strategy -- June 24 -- For Draftstreet
- Daily Fantasy Strategy -- June 25 -- For Draftstreet
- Daily Fantasy Strategy -- June 28 -- For Draftstreet
- Daily Fantasy Strategy -- July 1 -- For Draftstreet
- Daily Fantasy Strategy -- July 11 -- For Draftstreet
- Daily Fantasy Strategy -- July 13 -- For Draftstreet
- Daily Fantasy Strategy -- For DraftKings -- July 18
- Daily Fantasy Baseball -- July 19 -- For DraftKings
- Daily Fantasy Strategy -- July 23 -- For DraftKings
- Mike Napoli's Alright, Isn't He?
- Nick Swisher's Done Helping You
- The Daily Grind: 8-7-2014 -- Presented by FanDuel
- The Daily Grind: 8-9-14 -- Presented by FanDuel
- The Daily Grind: 8-10-2014 -- Presented by FanDuel
- All Aboard The Duda Wagon
- 2014 First Base Tier Rankings: August
- Anthony Rizzo's Answered Your (My) Questions
- Has Freddie Freeman Been Worth His Cost?
- Paul Goldschmidt: Same As He Ever Was, Kind Of
- Return to Being Useful: Justin Morneau
- Adam Wainwright: Efficiency is the Name of the Game
- The Luckiest and Unluckiest Pitchers So Far in 2013
- Meet the New Tyler Skaggs
Given his top prospect pedigree and strong minor league results pre-2013, Tyler Skaggs was already a trendy sleeper heading into spring training with his new American League ball club. Then reports
- Tyler Colvin's Big Chance
in January. In 2002 came Matthew Clanton, Chadd Blasko, Luke Hagerty, and Bobby Brownlie. The next few years brought Ryan Harvey, Mark Pawelek, and then Tyler Colvin – who seemingly just made the Cubs opening
- Tyler Clippard As Closer
With Drew Storen attempting to return at the All-Star break, manager Davey Johnson stated he is opting for a "closer by committee" approach to the ninth inning in Washington. Tyler Clippard received
- Is Andruw Jones A Hall-Of-Famer?
I wrote a piece for ESPN Insider today that talks about defensive metrics and Hall Of Fame voting. The main example used in the story is Andruw Jones, who you might be shocked to learn has
- Tyler Clippard's Deceptive Results
A glance at Nationals reliever Tyler Clippard's numbers will certainly impress. He has appeared in 16 games and has thrown 23.2 innings, allowing just two runs during that span. It looks like the low
- The Development of Tyler Chatwood
Tyler Chatwood has emerged as the best pitcher on the Colorado Rockies. Through 44.2 innings, Chatwood already has accumulated 1.4 WAR. Jorge de la Rosa and Jhoulys Chacin may rank ahead of him
- Adam Jones' Mysterious Progress
this season, there have also been some bright spots. Among them has to be the offensive contributions of Adam Jones so far this season. Stardom has long been predicted for Jones, who is just 25 years old
- Garrett Jones' Arrival
Garrett Jones was drafted by the Atlanta Braves with the last pick of the 14th round in 1999 as a first baseman out of Victor J Andrew High School in Illinois. Jones failed to do much of anything
- Injuries, Luck and Chipper Jones
Is it better to be lucky or good? Annual injuries aside, Chipper Jones was both of these things in 2008 as he batted over .400 for the first two-and-a-half months of the season. How was he lucky
- Tyler Skaggs is Not Trevor Bauer
There was no such clamor for Tyler Skaggs, despite the fact that he’s been nearly as good as Bauer in the minors this season. Their WHIP and ERA figures are close -- Skaggs’ WHIP was slightly better
- Jones' Ranger Resurgence
Andruw Jones bashed three home runs last evening, taking his total up to 14 long balls for the season. Jones' triple-slash line rests at .250/.348/.581, with a wOBA of .392. On a per-at-bat basis
- Tyler Colvin's Rookie Year
Tyler Colvin entered spring training as a mid-range prospect looking to land a spot on the Chicago Cubs' bench. But the 24-year-old has done far more than simply make the roster. Roaming all three
- Demystifying Tyler Glasnow
Pirates righthanded pitcher Tyler Glasnow stayed put at the trade deadline, but not before being tossed around as a centerpiece of many a trade rumor. His name, therefore, has penetrated
- The Lamentation over Jones
When the Mariners caved in to Baltimore's demands and agreed to build a package for Erik Bedard around outfielder Adam Jones, most of the Mariners blogosphere was livid. I personally wrote that I
- Andruw Jones Fitted For Pinstripes
The first memory most fans have of Andruw Jones is witnessing the then-teenager terrorize the New York Yankees in Game One of the 1996 World Series. While Jones' Braves ultimately came up short
- Andruw Jones to the White Sox
According to MLB.com's Alden Gonzalez, the Chicago White Sox have come to terms with Andruw Jones on a one-year, $500K contract with $1M in possible incentives.
Jones famously fell of the face
- Adam Jones' Offensive Jump
Sherrill, Tony Butler, Kam Mickolio and Adam Jones.
Tillman will team up with 2008 first-rounder Brian Matusz to give Baltimore a deadly one-two punch at the top of the rotation. Sherrill was shipped
- Jones Bashes in the 'Burgh
On July 1st, the following scrolled across the transaction wire:
Pittsburgh Pirates purchased the contract of outfielder Garrett Jones from Indianapolis of the International League (AAA).
- ADP Crowdsourcing: Adam Jones
Adam Jones always seems to get a ton of love from someone on draft day, then never lives up to the hype and disappoints. However, his transition from 2008 to 2009 was impressive, so he hasn’t always
- Adam Jones' Emergence
to be growing at a rapid rate.
Adam Jones in Baltimore got his first taste of regular play last year following the trade to the Orioles from the Seattle Mariners in the Erik Bedard deal. He responded
- Andruw Jones Is Alive
George Romero may have never considered the possibility of smiling zombies. The walking undead Andruw Jones is infectious with smiling, and he’s spreading the condition all around the Southside
- Daily Graphing - Todd Jones
Todd Jones really pissed me off last year. See, I had Guillermo Mota in my fantasy league and when he got injured, Todd Jones pitched so well that Guillermo Mota never got his closer job back. Now
- Adam Jones, Unfinished Product
In the weekly Wednesday chat, one of the popular subjects was the Braves pursuit of Baltimore outfielder Adam Jones. According to reports, Atlanta has been trying to land Jones for the better part
- Daily Graphing - Jacque Jones
With all talk of the Yankees signing Johnny Damon, it seems like the Cubs signing Jacque Jones to a three year, $16 million contract got lost in the news. Jones is currently a career .280 hitter
- Chipper Jones Speaks in Tongues
Bit of old news, but did anyone notice Chipper Jones's tweet on August 2? Allow me to remind you:
We need a dome! These rain delays stink. Nothin a couple of 2run dubs wont fix. Back on track
- Adam Jones’ Regression At The Plate
I don’t think it’d be a stretch to say that Adam Jones has been a big disappointment at the plate so far in 2010. He came into Saturday’s game batting just .254/.283/.384, and instead of taking
- You Want Adam Jones
center fielder Adam Jones would be a great place to start.
Jones is by no means a hidden gem in fantasy baseball. He was a highly touted prospect in the Mariners system, offering a nice blend
- Chipper Jones and The Couch
You know this player: it's Chipper Jones, the shoe-in Hall-of-Famer who's about to play the final regular season series of his career.
It was a different time, you understand -- 1992, or '93
- Tyler Chatwood in the Woods, Surrounded by Chats
"Tyler Chatwood in the Woods, Surrounded by Chats".
"I went to the woods because I wished to chat deliberately..." -Henry David Thoreau
For better or for worse, this has been a NotGraphs post
- Adam Jones: UZR and Me
UZR is catching up to Adam Jones, or maybe it‘s the other way around. Either way, the Orioles centerfielder is finally receiving some love from defensive metrics -- his league-leading 5.9 UZR
- Crowdsourcing Results: Jones and Volquez
Below are the results for this week’s ADP Crowdsourcing. If you have any suggestions for next week, leave them in the comments for consideration.
My vote: 10
- Jacque Jones: Almost a Hall of Famer
And he has the Internet to thank! With the first ever Hall of Fame vote credited to "tweeples," presenting the immortal and amazing Jacque Jones!
Apprecaite my tweeples for helping me get that 1
- Tyler Skaggs: Stuff-Versus-Stats
To write that Arizona Diamondbacks pitching prospect Tyler Skaggs is very good isn't exactly going out on a limb. However, with the young lefty ranking no lower than number-21 on major prospect lists
- Yankees' Tyler Austin Breaks Out
With 13 home runs and a 1.032 OPS entering today's action, it's safe to say Yankees outfield prospect Tyler Austin has officially broken out. Considering the Georgia native opened the season
- Contract Extension Comps for Adam Jones
The Baltimore Orioles recently avoided going to an arbitration hearing by signing Adam Jones to a one year, $6.5 million contract, but there are still rumblings about a long-term deal being in play
- First-Round Woes: Tyler Colvin
With his recent promotion to the Majors, there have been a lot of questions being asked about the Cubs' outfield prospect Tyler Colvin. The Clemson University product was originally selected
- Nate Jones Is in Agony
- Tyler Austin: All-Around Athlete
Tyler Austin ended 2012 being named the Yankees 'Minor League Player of the Year', after level-jumping four times, with a two-game stint for Double-A Trenton. He began this year in Double
- Adam Jones Is Never Room Temperature
of month-by-month analysis with Adam Jones as the subject.
Creating outs is the greatest crime in this game of baseball. In April, Jones created many outs
- Tyler Flowers Moving into Mixed Leagues?
Chicago White Sox catcher Tyler Flowers hasn’t exactly been a prime target for those in mixed leagues, even of the two-catcher variety (say, with 12 teams), since his 2009 debut. It’s possible
- Q&A: Nationals Closer Tyler Clippard
Tyler Clippard was the winning pitcher in last year’s All-Star game. That might come as a surprise to casual fans, because the Washington Nationals set-up-man-turned-closer isn’t exactly a household
- Is Adam Jones Pulling a Matt Kemp?
On Tuesday, Adam Jones took a 1-0 fastball from CC Sabathia in the second inning and launched it out to left field. On Wednesday, in the 15th inning, he destroyed a curveball from Nate Adcock
- Chipper Jones To Retire After 2012
After more than 17 years as a fixture in Atlanta Braves baseball, Chipper Jones has announced that he will retire as a player after the 2012 season. His $7 million club option for next year would
- Chipper Jones Unhappy With Basement Dwellers
Jeff Schultz of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution caught up with Chipper Jones today, and he wasn't terribly happy, particularly with some denizens of the lowest floor of houses owned by their mothers
- Adam Jones Just Got Stronger
C'mon readers of RotoGraphs, you didn't really think I was going to let the year end without another piece on Adam Jones from me, did you? I was just waiting for the appropriate time
- Orioles Outfield: At Least There's Adam Jones
Before we get to the desolate corner spots in the Baltimore outfield, let's at least focus on Adam Jones and the value he brings to fantasy baseball. He hits in the .280s, he puts up between 25-33
- Q&A: JaCoby Jones, Pirates Prospect
tremendous potential, but a boom-or-bust dynamic exists for almost any 18-year-old prospect.
JaCoby Jones -- drafted in the third round out of LSU -- is a 21-year-old with a boom-or-bust dynamic
- Scheming For Relief: Medina, Jones and Siegrist
the right-hander for the chance at some holds and strikeouts. In a roto league? Sure, i’m all-in.
Nate Jones | White Sox | 1%
At first glance, Jones’ 4.06 ERA (2.74 FIP) and 1.29 WHIP may cause one
- GIF: Maybe I Should Re-Think My Position on Tyler Skaggs
I saw Tyler Skaggs. He was 89-90 on the fastball, the curve was good, but the changeup sucked. I saw Tyler Skaggs.
What? That's his changeup now? And he was 92-93? Who's this?
- FanGraphs Audio: The New York Times' Tyler Kepner
David Laurila, curator of FanGraphs’ Q&A Series, talks with national baseball writer for the New York Times, Tyler Kepner.
Don't hesitate to direct pod-related correspondence
- In-Game Update: Tyler Colvin and wOBA by Count
That footage you see there is of Chicago Cub outfielder and No. 8 hitter Tyler Colvin swinging and missing at a pitch from the newest of St. Louis Cardinals, Edwin Jackson, in the second inning
- Daily Notes: Top Prospect Tyler Skaggs to Debut
debut of top prospect Tyler Skaggs.
Regarding Tyler Skaggs, Who That Is
Tyler Skaggs is a 21-year-old left-hander (although, because of his July birthday, one currently in just his age-20 season
- Andruw Jones & DeWayne Wise Find Jobs
White Sox sign OF Andruw Jones for $500K
Jones’ 2009 season was hardly as well publicized as his 2008 voyage through the depths of offensive hell, but he managed a decent bounce back in 331 plate
- Tyler Flowers and Patrick Corbin: Waiver Wire
should consider whether you considered them to have decent upside before the season started. Tyler Flowers and Patrick Corbin are two players that fit that bill less than a week into the season
- Drew Storen and Tyler Clippard Are Real People
-year deal, it caught nearly everyone in the baseball world by surprise.
Storen saw the news online and immediately called his good friend and roommate, Tyler Clippard, who happens
- Andruw Jones: All-Star to Replacement-Level Player
Andruw Jones was having a brilliant career, that is, until he turned 31 years old. Since that point, he's barely been a league-average player. He went from an all-time great player, to an iffy hall
- Slade Heathcott & Tyler Austin: Yankees in Making
Slade Heathcott and Tyler Austin have several things in common. Most notably, they’re among the top prospects in the New York Yankees organization. Both are outfielders with the potential to become
- Prospects Tyler Moore, Pat Corbin Receive the Call
Corbin, 22, was off to a very nice start in double-A, although he doesn't possess the same ceiling as fellow top prospects Trevor Bauer and Tyler Skaggs. Prior to the season Corbin was ranked sixth
- Tyler Skaggs and Randall Delgado: Waiver Wire
Tyler Skaggs and Randall Delgado have arrived. Given their status as prospects, both pitchers should have already drawn some interest in most fantasy leagues. At the same time, owners have probably
- Adam Jones' Historical Plate Discipline Peers
Jones. From 2010 to 2013, Jones' cumulative wRC+ was 116. To date in 2014, his wRC+ is 115. Jones' offensive production so far this season may be a bit down from his 2012 and 2013 performances
- Cubs, Rockies Swap Ian Stewart and Tyler Colvin
, sending OF Tyler Colvin and INF DJ LeMahieu for 3B Ian Stewart and minor league RP Casey Weathers.
As my colleague Eric Seidman said to me in great confidence: "Cubs acquire Ian Stewart in the most
- Digging Deep: Andrew Werner and Tyler Cloyd
league. Two guys I like this week are Andrew Werner of the Padres and Tyler Cloyd of the Phillies. Both have decent strikeout rates in a small number of innings, so there is a chance they help even
- This Meatloaf Shall Suffer Adam Jones's Godlike Hunger
Not so long ago, Adam Jones sounded his conch and let all know that something was about to happen ...
Bout to smash some meatloaf— Adam Jones (@SimplyAJ10) July 28, 2013
- Shortstop Updates: Martin Prado and Tyler Greene
in a freak injury two weeks ago. Before the injury he had been spending more time at third base anyway thanks to the Astros trading for Tyler Greene on August 9th. Since the trade Greene has started nearly
- Ender Inciarte & Tyler Holt: Deep League Wire
is an excellent spot no matter who's behind you. It won't lead to many runs batted in, but a solid runs scored total.
Tyler Holt | OF CLE | 0% Owned
I hope Holt likes traveling. Check out his itinerary
- 2011 Proves Rocky for Rockies Tyler Matzek
Late in the 2010 season, I caught my third start of Colorado Rockies pitching prospect Tyler Matzek in Savannah against the Sand Gnats. At the time, Matzek was quietly floundering at the level
- Tyler Skaggs Having Trouble with Men on Base
Angels pitcher Tyler Skaggs should be in the middle of a breakout season. At least, that's what his peripherals seem to suggest. Through 96 innings, Skaggs has posted a less-than-stellar 4.50 ERA
- Position Battles: Rangers' OF, Pt. 2: Jones and Murphy
repeat performances. Now, let's turn our attention to a guy who has nowhere to go but up (Andruw Jones) and a sophomore fighting to stay in the lineup (David Murphy).
It's difficult to avert one's
- Orioles Wisely Lock Up Adam Jones
Last Friday, I wrote that if Adam Jones sustains his performance all year, he could be looking at a contract extension in the range of $120 to $140 million by selling himself as Matt Kemp Lite
- Q&A: Tyler Naquin, Indians First-Round Pick
Tyler Naquin has “future batting champion“ written all over him. The Cleveland Indians selected the 21-year-old outfielder with the 15th-overall pick of this year’s draft, and his sweet, left-handed
- Andruw Jones Effectively Summarizes Own Career
On May 1, 2007, Andruw Jones was hitting .264/.405/.527 and was on his way to winning his tenth gold glove. His Hall of Fame status was all but assured. Five years, three months, and fifteen days
- Q&A: Tyler Naquin, Cleveland Indians Outfield Prospect
A month after being drafted 15th overall in 2012, Tyler Naquin talked about how his approach to hitting is “very simple” and about how he’d “never had a hitting instructor.” A little more than 18
- The Path to Tyler Chatwood Having Fantasy Value
If you look at anything other than ERA, it's obvious that Tyler Chatwood wasn't very good last year. Sure, his 3.15 ERA was the 24th best ERA among the 128 starters with 110 or more innings (Chatwood
- The Unique Power-Speed Combos of Braun, Pence and Jones
-- Ryan Braun, Adam Jones and Hunter Pence find themselves in a class of their own.
Although most fans should be somewhat aware of the speed of this trio, their star power -- as with most hitters
- Scouting Comparison: Andrelton Simmons vs. Tyler Pastornicky
With a glaring hole at shortstop, the Atlanta Braves are poised to hand the position over to an untested rookie who has consistently exceeded scouts' expectations. Tyler Pastornicky worked his way up
- The Uncommon Careers of Adam Jones and Howie Kendrick
because they have some special talent in one area or another. Two current examples are Adam Jones and Howie Kendrick.
Adam Jones isn't an elite baseball player in the same way that Favre
- FanGraphs Audio: Org Reports, Elijah, Larry Jones
In which the panel survives off deception.
Organizational Reports: Whys and Wherefores
Elijah Dukes: Released
Chipper Jones and Evaluating Situational Play
- Rick Jones, Tragic Experiment Gone Awry
could tell the difference.
Drunk with power, the Topps executives decided to take this even further, by creating Rick Jones. The plan was simple: using state-of-the-art Apple II computing
- Reid Ryan Visits the Edward Jones Chatting Cage
Hello everyone. Welcome the Edward Jones Chatting Cage, where we get to know more about some of the biggest people in MLB baseball. I'm your host, Jeremy Brisiel. Today, we're talking to the new
- Annals of Bromance: Chipper Jones, Rescue Hero
. Then imagine nestling your face into the broad, camouflaged shoulder of Larry Wayne Jones, as the frigid wind whips past and faces gape from stranded cars. If you can capture that feeling, reader, then you have
- Prospect Watch: Jose Ramirez, James Jones
James Jones, OF, Mariners (Profile)
Level: MLB Age: 25 Top-15: N/A Top-100: N/A
Line: (Triple-A) 90 PA, 8.9% BB, 17.8% K, .313/.382/.450 (.371 BABIP
- Rajai Davis & Chipper Jones: Waiver Wire
scoring category -- in Davis' case, power and likely batting average -- to boost another if you've fallen behind.
Chipper Jones | 3B | Braves | Owned: 32% Yahoo! and 38.0% ESPN
Now 40 years old
- Q&A: Nate Jones, Unorthodox Power in Chicago
Two things jump out when you watch Nate Jones deliver a pitch. The Chicago White Sox righthander has an unorthodox delivery and he throws hard. Working primarily as a setup man, he features a 97-mph
- Daily Notes, Beginning with a Line by Chipper Jones
Comment Regarding Strasburg
Here's a recent comment -- notable because of who made it -- regarding Strasburg:
Chipper Jones on #Strasburg: "He has the best stuff, the best repertoire of pitches
- Q&A: Eric Stults, Poor-Man's Randy Jones
pitcher, and, surprisingly, one of the better lefties in the league.
More than a decade after being drafted by the Dodgers out of Bethel College, Stults has evolved into a poor man’s Randy Jones
- Great Moments in Saying Goodbye to Chipper Jones
- No Bear Market: Tyler Colvin Gets Fantasy Boost After Trade Deadline
league owners are still debating whether or not Fukudome and his .364 OBP are worth a claim, the better potential fantasy value remains in Chicago as Tyler Colvin gets another shot this season to prove
- Jordan Lyles, Brandon Belt and Tyler Colvin: Mining the Minors
consideration as a spot starter at 1B, OF or Utility.
Tyler Colvin, Cubs OF
Minor-League statistics: .260 BA; .783 OPS; 1 HR; 8 RBIs; 13:2 K:BB over 50 ABs
Talent Rating: 7
Cling Factor: 8
- Jose Altuve, Jake McGee, Tyler Flowers: Mining the Minors
as the trade deadline nears.
Tyler Flowers, White Sox C
Talent Rating: 7
Cling Factor: 9
Flowers, 25, was once a highly-touted catching prospect who was expected to take over South Side starting duties
- James Jones & Chase Whitley: Deep League Waiver Wire
-season flameout, and the other suddenly pertinent in fantasy due to his newfound opportunity.
James Jones / OF / Seattle Mariners
1 percent Yahoo / .9 percent ESPN / 9 percent CBS ownership
- Pirates Sign Dotel, Snag B. Jones Off Waivers
Jones off waivers from the Atlanta Braves.
Jones' stay with the Bucs could be transient: the club apparently claimed the Braves farmhand off waivers with the intention of flipping him to another
- Garrett Jones and Brett Wallace: NL Waiver Wire Picks
period of time. So you've got to find the door where opportunity is knocking the loudest. Here are two guys who may not actually be Mr. Right, but can at least be Mr. Right-Now.
Garrett Jones |1B
- Bring Out Your Dead: Edwin Encarnacion and Chipper Jones
for the Toronto Blue Jays and while I was fully expecting Chipper Jones to break his (insert body part here) on his first on-deck circle practice swing, it's clear that the geezer doesn't want to go on the cart
- Three Scouting Reports: Jeff Jones on Fister, Porcello and Smyly
Jeff Jones, the Tigers pitching coach, gave scouting reports on the complementary threesome prior to Monday’s game at Fenway Park.
Jones on Doug Fister: “Doug is really