- Dick Williams on Transitioning the Cincinnati Model
The Cincinnati Reds front office underwent a makeover a few weeks ago. Dick Williams, a 44-year-old former investment banker, was appointed the club's general manager. Walt Jocketty, who is heading
- Matt Williams and What We Don't Know
Their season ended Sunday, a week -- if not a month -- shorter than had been planned, and the Nationals jumped right into their off-season by firing reigning Manager of the Year Matt Williams
- The Daily Grind - Norris, Williams, Norris
Analysis of a NC Men's League
Daily DFS - Danks, Norris
Tomorrow's Targets - Williams, Norris, Alonso, Fuld
1. Analysis of a NC Men's League
Today you'll find
- The Daily Grind: Zim's Picks, Williams, Morales
New Feature: Ground Ball and Fly Ball Splits
Daily DFS - Zim's Picks
Tomorrow's Targets - Williams, Norris, Morales, Pagan
1. New Feature: Ground Ball and Fly Ball
- Matt Williams on a Dreadful Defensive Day
Matt Williams wasn't a happy camper after yesterday's loss at Fenway Park. It wasn't so much the final score – Boston won 9-4 – it was the manner in which it transpired. The Nationals played defense
- What Was Matt Williams Thinking? Maybe This
As you've probably heard by now, Matt Williams had a bad seventh inning on Tuesday night. Dave Cameron took Williams' bullpen maneuvers apart nicely in his Just a Bit Outside column at Fox Sports
- FG on Fox: Matt Williams Screws Up
strategy is part of the job, and on Tuesday night, Matt Williams failed at that part of the job in the most important game of his team's season. And while we cannot know what would have happened
- A Quick Defense of Matt Williams
On Saturday night, Matt Williams removed Jordan Zimmermann with one out to go, trying to preserve a 1-0 lead. Drew Storen entered immediately gave up a single to Buster Posey and a double Pablo
- Everything You, As A Baseball Fan, Need To Know About Top Stories In the News
, Jerome Williams, Jimy Williams, Matt Williams, Woody Williams, Scott Williamson, Robin Ventura, Robin Roberts, or Robin Yount.
- Will Matt Williams Tip Over?
The above is a GIF of Matt Williams. I made this GIF, so I'm the only one who really knows the answer to the question in the title. Here's the scenario I'm
- Sorry, Bryce: Matt Williams is Right
third and Zim playing left is something that would be good for this team. I think that should be what’s happening.”
Essentially, Harper's return forced Matt Williams to make a choice between two
- Jayson Werth, Channeling Woody's Allen's Sexual Magnetism
Anyone who has made a priority of acquainting him- or herself with the top jams of American cinema will recognize the following as a brief excerpt from the scene in Woody Allen's 1975 film Love
- Three Minutes from Woody Allen's Film Hannah and Her Sisters as a Distillation of the Misery That Can Be January
to be only a mirage.
One finds a not dissimilar condition here afflicting the character Mickey, played by Woody Allen, in that same American artist's 1986 film Hannah and Her Sisters. Driven
- Nick Williams' Big Bat Overshadows K/BB Issues
positive impression on me than outfielder Nick Williams.
Williams didn't enter the season with as big of a name as the above players, but that's not to say he was off the map--he was selected
- Totally Unfair Statistic
Schilling, Woody Williams, Jamie Moyer, Javier Vazquez, Vicente Padilla and Derek Lowe, on a fairly meaningless list of people who pitched for a while in both leagues, since the addition of the Rays
- Found: Ted Williams' Self-Proclaimed Heat Map
Ted Williams didn't play during the Heat Map Era. He also didn't play during the Internet, Grunge, Civil Rights, Designated Hitter, or David Bowie Era. But Mr. Williams still understood
- Ask Dr. Mitch Williams, M.D.
, right? That’s why I, Dr. Mitch Williams, M.D., am here to answer your questions about healthiness.
Q: I’m a college pitcher, and after my last start my arm was feeling sore. What should I do? Do I
- Mason Williams: Next Great Yankees Center Fielder?
long term future in the outfield. I’ve been very impressed by the looks I’ve gotten at star prospect Mason Williams. While he is recovering from shoulder surgery and obviously not ready to fill
- Ted Williams, Even on a Gameshow, Flashes Consistency
NEW YORK -- Ted Williams, often viewed as the model for hitting consistency in baseball, flirted with perfection on Sunday when he nearly went 11 for 11 in saying the word "yes" the exact same
- Top Beard/Spectacles Combination: Matthew Williams
Currently, Matthew Williams is a right-hander for Sydney of the Australian Baseball League. Before that, he was a pitching prospect in the Twins organization for six years. Before that, he lived
- Kenny Williams Makes Delicious Chicken Salad
There might not be a harder to evaluate GM in sports than Kenny Williams. Since 2006, his teams have alternated between winning and losing seasons each year, so his team's recent performance track
- Audio: Woody Paige Does NOT Read SandGraphs
, and columnist for The Denver Post, Woody Paige. Not only doesn't Woody Paige read FanGraphs, he also doesn't read our very secret sister site SandGraphs that's totally secret.
Regard, from the Around
- Mason Williams Moving Up The Ranks
As an over slot fourth round pick in the 2010 draft, the New York Yankees awarded Mason Williams with the largest bonus of their draft class. Two years later, Williams possesses a strong set of tools
- Bernie Williams, Post Season and the Hall of Fame
The Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum will release its list of soon-to-be inductees on Monday. Some discussion has focused on Bernie Williams and how much his postseason performance should count
- Things We Now Know about Kenny Williams
If you prefer your news to be five days old, then you'll be gobsmacked to learn that White Sox GM Kenny Williams had his posh Chicago townhouse robbed and violated recently. This of course sounds
- Spectacles/Mustache/Mutton Chops/No Neck Package Deal: Walt Williams
Walt Williams, man. What can you say? It's one thing to have played Major League Baseball. It's another to have played Major League Baseball without a frigging neck.
Respect, Walt Williams
- Jerome Williams Returns to the Majors
After a hiatus of over four years, Jerome Williams is back in the majors. After coming up with the Giants as a 21-year-old in 2003, he’s bounced around to the Cubs, Nationals, Twins, Dodgers
- Kenny Williams' Quiet Trade Deadline
White Sox General Manager Kenny Williams is notorious for being active around the trade deadline. Yet with his team only three games out of first place the morning of the deadline -- for the first
- Half-Baked Theories: Mose Schrute and Mitch Williams
And now here's major-league closer turned fearless opinion-shaper, Mitch Williams ...
Not many beards these days say, "I was named for an Old Testament character, and I occasionally entertain
- Kenny Williams and Mike Rizzo Fall For Different Types
Sox 4.3 MPH
Not much about Kenny Williams is predictable. When most think he’s going left, he darts right. When folks expect him to sit, he stands. When they say jump, he hovers lightly over
- Cleaning Up Kenny Williams' Mess
- The Braves' Leadoff Situation