- Eaton and Chen
Chen signing by the Royals. Granted, Chen was given a minor league deal, but how... I mean... why... Bruce Chen!? Chen hasn't pitched since April 2007 when the Rangers allowed him five relief
- Bruce Chen's Footnote in History
This is not the timeliest of posts, so apologies to those who come here for more 2010-related discussion.
In 1999, Baseball America ranked Bruce Chen as the number four prospect in baseball. Chen
- Who is Wei- Yin Chen?
in 2012, signing Wei- Yin Chen of Nippon Professional Baseball to a three-year contract.
Born in Taiwan, Chen pitched the past four years for the Japanese Central League's Chunichi Dragons but had
- Bruce Chen: The Next Moyer?
Bruce Chen recently told Tyler Kepner that, health permitting, he could see himself having a very lengthy career similar to Jamie Moyer's. The man still loves everything about baseball and is fully
- Marlins Sign Wei-Yin Chen
The free agent market is still moving pretty slowly for hitters, but another pitcher has gone off the board, as the Marlins have agreed to terms with Wei-Yin Chen, according to Jon Heyman and others
- Wei-Yin Chen's Surprising Fastball
headfirst into Asia -- too aggressively for the tastes of some in the Far East -- bringing in two starting pitchers for 2012 in Tsuyoshi Wada and Wei-Yin Chen. Wada will spend the year rehabbing from
- Still on the Board: Wei-Yin Chen
to starting pitchers, both at the top and middle of the market. Still, a handful of starters -- Wei-Yin Chen, Yovani Gallardo and Ian Kennedy at the forefront -- remain available. Does the market have
- A Very Different Wei-Yin Chen
When the Marlins inked Wei-Yin Chen to a five year, $80 million deal this offseason they weren't signing an ace or a workhorse. During his four previous seasons, Chen registered an ERA-, FIP
- Bruce Chen, Saber-Savvy Southpaw
Bruce Chen isn’t getting younger. The journeyman left-hander -- currently with the Kansas City Royals -- celebrated his 36th birthday yesterday. Since signing out of Panama, in 1993, he has made 365
- A Case For Wei-Yin Chen Ownership
I'm not going to tell you anything you can't find out for yourself. This is just a little research on Mr. Chen. Alternative title would've been Chen Music, but I couldn't find proof of an increase
- The Sleeper and the Bust 01/13/2015 – Chen to MIA
The latest episode of “The Sleeper and the Bust” is live!
Wei-Yin Chen to MIA
Gerardo Parra to COL
Yasiel Sierra to LAD
- Bruce Chen and the Power of the Home Run
Bruce Chen has had a pretty weird career. He was a top prospect with the Braves, got to the Majors at 21, and had his first excellent season at age-23. And then he fell apart and became
- Quick Looks: Henderson, Walker and Chen
Why I watched: Has consistently been an average pitcher for the Orioles
Game(s) Watched: 9/27/14 vs Blue Jays
• The 29-year-old’s fastball
- Wei-Yin Chen, the Marlins' New Mark Buehrle
it or not, Jeffrey Loria hates to lose. So now the Marlins have addressed a team weakness on the free-agent market, spending pretty big to lure Wei-Yin Chen. Chen is no one's idea of a major splash, but he
- Wei-Yin Chen and the Art of Changing Speeds
On Tuesday, Jon Paul Morosi of FOX Sports published a short column suggesting Wei-Yin Chen could be among the first free agent pitchers to sign. The column also included that agent Scott Boras
- Weekend Wrap: Chen/Blackley Morph, Braun, Pagan
Here I go again, doting on some things from the weekend:
1. GIF-Morph: Travis Blackley & Wei-Yin Chen
2. Ryan Braun Gives Up
3. Ángel Pagán Makes Great Catch on Ball Thrown Back by Fan?
- Three Scouting Reports: Adair on Arrieta, Chen & Matusz
, as evidenced by their combined 17 losses and ERAs over 5.00. They’ll also need Wei-Yin Chen to keep up his good work. The rookie southpaw has been a pleasant surprise with his 7-3 record and 3.38 ERA
- The Daily Grind: Jim Abbott, Chen, Velasquez, Steve Holt!
Jim Abbott GIF
Daily DFS - Chen
Tomorrow's Targets - Velasquez, Teheran, Blanks, Holt
1. Jim Abbott GIF
Here we have Jim Abbott completing his no-hitter
- Sunday Notes: Molitor on Shifts, Chen Down the Middle, Rusty Kuntz & More
for straight up on righties and lefties and will line it up with a spot on the fence or the scoreboard. That's our starting point, and we shift from there.”
Bruce Chen is willing to throw
- Sunday Notes: Preseason Predictions, a Royals Rooter, Chen's Last Call, Selig, Ryan on Jeter
totally still feel a part of that.”
Bruce Chen will also be watching his old team from afar. Chen was released by the Royals in early September and it's possible he's thrown his last pitch
- Projecting the Prospects Traded on August 31