- $144m / 6 Years (2013 - 2018) + 1 Option Years (Edit)
- signed by Philadelphia Phillies (Extension)
- 2013: $19.5M, 2014: $22.5M, 2015: $22.5M, 2016: $22.5M, 2017: $22.5M, 2018: $22.5M
- 2019 Vesting Option: $19M ($6M buyout)
- $19 million club option or $6 million buyout or $24 million option that vests automatically if Hamels meets each of the following criteria: a) 400 innings pitched in 2017-2018; b) 200 innings pitched in 2018; c) he is not on the DL at end of 2018 with left shoulder or elbow injury.
- Signing Bonus: $6M
- No Trade: Limited
- Incentives: $50,000 All-Star; $100,000 World Series MVP; $50,000 League Championship Series MVP; $100,000 Cy Young ($50,000-2nd; $25,000-3rd); $50,000 Gold Glove; $50,000 Silver Slugger; $100,000 for MVP ($50,000-2nd; $25,000-3rd).
- Other Notes: Player may purchase four Diamond Club seats to all home regular-season and postseason games. Player may purchase suite for five home regular-season games per year. Player may purchase suite on road. Club will promote Hamels Foundation.
- Agent / Agency: John Boggs of JBA Sports
- Source: zozone.mlblogs.com
- Submitted by acemblack
Add New Contract
- $20.5m / 3 Years (2009 - 2011) (Edit)
- signed by Philadelphia Phillies on 1/18/2009 (Avoided Arbitration)
- 2009: $4.4M, 2010: $6.6M, 2011: $9.5M
- Incentives: a) $500K contract increase following season if Cy Young winner
b) $250K contract increase following season if placed 2nd or 3rd in Cy Young voting
- Source: sports.espn.go.com
- Submitted by Jeff Zimmerman