Add New Contract
- $30.5m / 5 Years (2011 - 2015) + 2 Option Years (Edit)
- signed by Oakland Athletics on 4/11/2011 (Extension)
- 2011: $0.5M, 2012: $3.5M, 2013: $5.5M, 2014: $7.7M, 2015: $12M
- 2016 Team Option: $13M ($0.3M buyout)
- 2017 Team Option: $13.5M ($0.5M buyout)
- 2017 option increases to $14 million if Cahill finishes either first or second in Cy Young voting in any year 2011-2016
- Signing Bonus: $1M
- Incentives: A first or second finish in Cy Young voting any year 2011-16 increases 2017 team option to $14 million.
- Other Notes: Originally signed contract with Athletics, was traded to Diamondbacks in December 2011.
- Agent / Agency: John Boggs & Associates
- Originally Reported By: Jerry Crasnick
- Source: blog.sfgate.com, Hat Tip: twitter.com
- Submitted by 1azsportsfan