- What To Do With Andrew Bailey
But no more.
Hi, my name is Michael, and I cut Andrew Bailey.
I owned Bailey in a non-keeper league with just one disabled list slot, already occupied by another player more likely
- BREAKING: J.J. Putz and Andrew Bailey
puzzling one-game release point data, and his drop in velocity -- which stabilizes quickly -- it's fair to worry about Putz, and to keep Bell rostered.
Andrew Bailey, is in a slightly different
- Andrew Bailey: Boston's New Closer
The Boston Red Sox picked up a Jonathan Papelbon replacement on Wednesday, acquiring Andrew Bailey (and Ryan Sweeney) from the Oakland A's for Josh Reddick and prospects Raul Alcantara and Miles Head
- Andrew Bailey: I Don't Give A [Expletive]
Red Sox reliever Andrew Bailey, quoted at WEEI.com:
“I don’t give a [expletive], frankly. I just want to play and get to the playoffs,” Bailey said. “Whatever role they see fit, that’s what I
- Bailey's Big Save
As of this writing, the leader in the clubhouse for today's FanGraphs Stars of the Game for this afternoon's Athletics/Red Sox game is closer Andrew Bailey, who recorded a six out save, coming
- Boston Lands Bailey
for Oakland stopper Andrew Bailey. The Sox also received Ryan Sweeney in the deal, in which Boston gave up outfielder outfielder Josh Reddick and a pair of minor league players.
While Boston obviously
- Holds Targets: Bailey, Gregerson and Robertson
that reward “holds.”
Andrew Bailey | RP | BOS
The oft-injured reliever struggled mightily in his first season in Boston — albeit, in just 15.1 innings (19 appearances) on the hill. His contributions
- Beckett, Bailey Injured During Thumb Wars Battle
- until starting pitcher Josh Beckett and new closer Andrew Bailey came down with right thumb injuries during their semifinal match of the clubhouse's spring championship finale.
Said one unnamed
- AL Injury Updates: Peavy, Sizemore, Bailey
score as many runs and strikes out too much to maintain a high average. Sizemore is hoping to return to the red hot Indians next week.
Even though his injury was less severe than
- Is Delmon Young About to Break Out?
- Why I Don't Use FIP
- The A's Declining Offense
- Pitches Seen: Baseball's Boring Inefficiency
- The Search for a Good Approach
- Even without Bailey, A's have plenty of 'pen options
in that vein. The latest victim booking a ticket to Birmingham is Andrew Bailey…again. And while Bailey may never be the same if he needs a second Tommy John surgery (though that piece is a bit dated
- Andrew Cashner Is My Spirit Animal
It is no secret around these digital pages just how big of an Andrew Cashner fan I am. That being said, yet again his season was cut short due to injury. This year it was elbow soreness that caused
- RP Injury Updates: Can Bailey and Lidge Still Work For You?
So all Andrew Bailey has is a forearm strain and Brad Lidge is merely sitting with a sore right biceps tendon. If you've already drafted and own either guy, it's time to play it safe, grab Brian
- Utley, Matusz, Jenks, Howell, and Bailey: DL Returnees Early Results
Brian Matusz – His drop in speed, 3 MPH, is worrisome. If I owned him, I would monitor next start closely to see where it stands.
2009 - 91.5 MPH
2010 - 89.9 MPH
2011 - 86.8 MPH
- Homer Bailey Arrives
Homer Bailey is pitching like an ace. In his seventh professional season, everything has come together for the one-time fifth-best prospect in baseball. It's been a long rise to the top for Bailey
- Homer Bailey: It Finally Happened
"It" being the long awaited breakout. After coming up through the Reds system as one of the top pitching prospects in the game, Homer Bailey was supposed to eventually lead the team's rotation
- The Difference for Homer Bailey
It's been long enough that I think it's easy to forget Homer Bailey was a top prospect. Between 2007-2008, Baseball America ranked him No. 9 overall, between Franklin Morales and David Price. A year
- Homer Bailey and His Peers
Extension season continued today, with the Reds announcing the six year, $105 million contract for Homer Bailey that's been rumored for the better part of the last week or so. Jeff already wrote up
- Homer Bailey's Peers
Homer Bailey threw a no-hitter last night, putting him in the same group as a lot of other people. It was actually his second no-hitter, putting him in a much smaller group of guys who have done
- Homer Bailey Teasing Us Again?
Raise your hand if you have ridden the Homer Bailey bandwagon at one time in your life, got burned by his continual disappointment and have sworn off ever drafting him again. That is what I expected
- Jeff Bailey: The New Josh Phelps?
, especially if he can be had on a minor-league deal.
Which brings us (finally) to the player at-hand: Jeff Bailey. He'll be 31 next season (almost as old as Phelps). He's accumulated 159 plate