- Chris Carter: Waiver Wire
Chris Carter (ESPN: 21.7 percent owned; Yahoo!: 23 percent owned)
In the minor leagues, he never had a full season OPS under .800, nor has he hit fewer than 10 home runs in a season, yet Chris
- On the Surging Chris Carter
Chris Carter, as of this writing, has hit 28 home runs this season. That's more than Mike Trout, Josh Donaldson, David Ortiz and Jose Bautista. Only Nelson Cruz, Jose Abreu, and Giancarlo Stanton
- Promotion: Chris Carter
One of the six players they received from the Diamondbacks in the Dan Haren trade, the Athletics are actually Chris Carter's third organization. He was originally a 15th round pick by the White Sox
- The Other Chris Carter
When you share a name with perhaps the most powerful man in the minor leagues (Oakland's Chris Carter), and you have been toiling away for the past three years in one of the deepest organizations
- Chris Carter: A Potential Breakout Candidate
Chris Carter has been on fantasy radars for several seasons, getting plenty of helium after launching an impressive 39 home runs in 2008 with Oakland's High-A affiliate. He followed that banner
- Chris Carter Dons a Cowboy Hat
Yesterday, seemingly out of nowhere, the Astros acquired first baseman Chris Carter from the A's. Carter was a one-time top prospect in the White Sox system, boasting elite power and above average
- Ways Chris Carter Is and Is Not Like Pedro Cerano
. The following are differences and similarities between Astros first baseman/outfielder/DH Chris Carter, and fictional baseball player Pedro Cerano.
(EDIT: Fine Internet User @KevinBassStache alerted me
- Daily Notes: Oakland's Chris Carter, Apropos of Little
Table of Contents
Here's the table of contents for today's edition of Daily Notes.
1. Apropos of Little: Oakland's Chris Carter
2. Notable MLB Games (Including MLB.TV Free Game)
- Waiver Wire: Chris Carter, Jesus Aguilar
want in a list of recommendations.
1B/OF/DH Chris Carter, Houston Astros
Ownership: CBS 27% | Yahoo! 19% | ESPN 8.6%
You know Carter’s deal. He has struck out more often than I would at a singles
- Chris Carter and Matt Joyce: Waiver Wire
. Like these, for example...
Chris Carter, HOU |1B, OF| Ownership: ESPN - 33.3% Yahoo - 24.0%
Sure, the batting average totally stinks. He's hitting .216 on the year with a ridiculous
- Daily Notes: Chris Carter's Record Strikeout Rate in Context
Table of Contents
Here's the table of contents for today's edition of the Daily Notes.
1. Chris Carter's Record Strikeout Rate in Context
2. Today’s MLB.TV Free Game
3. Today's Complete
- Oakland's First Base Situation Following Chris Carter Trade
Last night the Athletics and Astros agreed to a five-player trade that, in fantasy essence, swapped Jed Lowrie for Chris Carter. Mike Podhorzer already looked at what the move to Houston means
- Vernon Christopher Carter is Freeing Baseballs
This Chris Carter was one of the first freedom campaigns that ever got my attention. Before Brandon Allen, there was Vernon Christopher, the twice-traded minor league slugger with power and patience
- Daric Barton Returns, Brandon Allen Free Again
rated as a passable first baseman.
The problem is that Oakland's current first basemen are a bit of a motley crew. The team already had Barton, Allen and Chris Carter last season; but the team chose
- New Opportunities: Brandon Allen & Jerry Hairston Jr.
, but we can't be certain at this point. Jackson will be a free-agent at season's end and Barton will not be ready early on next season; leaving Chris Carter as the only real competition
- Chris Cwik SuperChat - 12/22/11
Chris Cwik SuperChat
- Sunday Notes: Olson's Pop, Porter, McClendon, Carter, Dahl, Beimel Revival
not be ready just yet, but when you lead your league in home runs and walks, you have a good chance of getting there.
Chris Carter has arrived. The gigantic and quietly gregarious DH has
- Should Anyone Sign Derrek Lee?
in slugging percentage and think Lee will be miles better than either guy, there's no telling how much Oakland's park would suppress his numbers. Oakland also has Chris Carter coming up and looking
- Chris Cwik FanGraphs Chat - 8/17/11
Chris Cwik FanGraphs Chat
- Chris Cwik Winter Meetings Chat
Chris Cwik FanGraphs Chat
- Age is Just a Number for Torii Hunter
a lot of playing time. Dunston, Grissom, Wilson and Williams were not given many opportunities for playing time. Carter, McGee and White were limited to part-time work. Unless injuries strike, Hunter
- Applying KATOH to Historical Prospects
- How Good Is Salvador Perez?
- Baseball America Top 10 Prospects Retrospective: Part 1
he was involved in a big trade that sent him as well as Carlos Baerga and Chris James to the Indians for Joe Carter. The following season Alomar solidified himself at the major league level and would
- The Chris Sale Conundrum
as both Bronson Arroyo and Chris Narveson. Even if Sale manages a season like Feliz's, he may produce the same value as a league average starter.
Although Sale has experience as a starter
- Chris Tillman: Sleeper
Chris Tillman is going to be a very popular pick at the end of most drafts this season. Every year, there are a couple of guys that get touted all offseason, causing other owners to make a fuss when
- Chris Cwik: RotoGraphs Chat
- Chris Cwik RotoGraphs Chat
- Chris Cwik's Bold Predictions for 2014
- The 2009 Carter-Batista Award
their own made up awards. I have already crowned the King of the Little Things for 2009, so it's time to move on to the Carter-Batista Award for 2009. What's that? If an award is named after Joe Carter
- Chris Archer & Danny Hultzen: Waiver Wire
to consider adding Chris Archer and Danny Hultzen.
Tampa Bay Rays
Owners should know
- Chris Sale: More Than Just a Slider
Chris Sale was far from a polished pitcher by the time he was drafted by the White Sox. Armed with two above-average pitches, some analysts believed he was bound for the bullpen. But in his brief
- The 2010 Carter-Batista Award
As the 2010 season fades into memory and we look to 2011, my cheesy awards made from semi-"junk stats" need to get wrapped up soon. So today I unveil the 2010 winner of the Joe Carter-Tony Batista
- The 2012 Carter-Batista Award
degrees of usefulness. Today I will begin with the 2012 Joe Carter-Tony Batista Award for the hitter whose 2012 RBI total most exaggerates his actual offensive contribution.
If you came to read
- Tell Me About Gary Carter
Gary Carter was before my time. I wasn't alive during the height of his years with the Montreal Expos, and was only four years old when he and the New York Mets did the world a favor, winning
- The 2011 Carter-Batista Award
the hitter whose RBI total most exaggerates his actual offensive contribution: the Joe Carter-Tony Batista award.
Most FanGraphs readers understand that RBI are a bad measure of offensive value
- The Feast of Carter the World Series Hero
Today, Joe Carter was in our thoughts. And so, tonight, we resurrect, as we are prone to do, our celebrated feast-days series.
Carter the World Series Hero
Life: Joe Carter
- Gary Carter's Three Biggest Hits
As you undoubtedly know by now, Gary Carter passed away yesterday. The Hall of Fame catcher had an outstanding career as a big part of the star-crossed Montreal Expos' only playoff team and later
- Gary Carter: The World Loses a Smile
I am too young to have followed Gary Carter. I never met him, never read any books about him, and I can't claim to have any specific connection with him. I knew he was a great ballplayer and somewhat
- Chris Cwik's 10 Bold Predictions For the 2013 Fantasy Season