- Collins Working the Lineup
catcher, adapting to a new hitting coaches philosophy, and setting the most productive lineup possible just to name a few. What Terry Collins has done with this team to this point can only be admired
- Still Everyday Eddie
It is not uncommon for a famous or successful closer to either hang around too long or accept a lesser bullpen role as he gets up there in age. Eddie Guardado, however, has gone from starter
- Eddie Butler Then, Now, and in the Future
Yesterday, the Colorado Rockies traded right-hander Eddie Butler to the Chicago Cubs in exchange for a modestly promising relief prospect (James Farris) and the 28th international bonus slot
- Eddie Yost and the Walking Men
Yesterday morning, Eddie Yost, also know as "The Walking Man," passed away at 86. Yost had a long career as a third baseman from 1944 to 1962, mostly with the Washington Senators. He also spent
- FanGraphs Audio: A. Gordon, T. Collins, G. Holland
David Laurila, curator of FanGraphs’ Q&A Series, talks with Royals excellent outfielder -- and maybe most-underrated player -- Alex Gordon and also excellent relievers Tim Collins
- Mike Montgomery & Tyler Collins: Deep League Wire
on the disabled list. I'm not expecting a whole lot, but providing some innings and avoiding a complete implosion should allow him to earn a bit of AL-Only value.
Tyler Collins | OF DET | 0% Owned
- Eddie Butler: A Pitching Gem in Colorado?
Most prospect hounds are beginning to take notice of Rockies pitching prospect Eddie Butler. He entered the 2013 season with significant pedigree--he was selected 46th overall in last year's draft
- Eddie Butler And Colorado's Volatile Rotation
another top pitching prospect who is likely a bit closer to major-league ready, and that's Eddie Butler. After tearing through the Single-A South Atlantic League (1.66 ERA, 0.92 WHIP) and High
- Eddie Butler's Concerning Strikeout Numbers
Eddie Butler of the Colorado Rockies is one of baseball's most highly-regarded pitching prospects. In addition to wielding lights-out stuff, the 24-year-old righty has pitched admirably in the upper
- Eddie Murray's 25 Ways of Doing Business
When one surveys the funereal countenance of base-balling great/fugitive from happiness Mr. Eddie Murray, one is likely to think, "Here is a man who conducts business even when he is not conducting
- Today's Glimpse into the Horrible: Eddie Gaedel's Death
by the author -- which surfing led both to Eddie Gaedel's Wikipedia page and also obituary. Capital-T Truth has revealed that, while generally remembered as a willing participant in one of Bill Veeck's many
- NERD Game Scores: Eddie Butler Debut Event
Highly Rated Game
Los Angeles NL at Colorado | 20:40 ET
Hyun-Jin Ryu (58.1 IP, 86 xFIP-, 1.5 WAR) faces Eddie Butler (68.2 IP, 14.1% K, 6.7% BB at Double-A). The latter was ranked first among Rockies
- Does Eddie Butler's Changeup Provoke Mystical Experience?
Embedded here is footage of right-handed Colorado prospect Eddie Butler striking out Boston shortstop prospect Xander Bogaerts prospect by means of an excellent 90-mph changeup during Sunday
- Sunday Notes: Dyson's Theft, Yost, Collins, Cubs, Madson, more
Collins (Mets) have been at the helm for his triad of playoff excursions.
I asked Johnson which of the three skippers is least like the others. His answer wasn't surprising.
“I would say Maddon
- Sunday Notes: Christin, Chi Chi, Collins' Decision, Reliever Value, more
, Mets manager Terry Collins erred when he didn’t go to his closer to start the ninth inning of World Series Game 5. He compounded the error by leaving Matt Harvey in to face a second batter after he’d
- Head of Rob Ford Lazily Placed on Body of Eddie Gaedel
I recently Photoshopped the head of Toronto mayor Rob Ford -- who's better known in proper circles as "Melvin Nosotros Good Times" -- onto the body of famed baseball halfling Eddie Gaedel. I surveyed
- You Could
n't Hold Eddie Gaedel's Jock!
Eddie Gaedel[e] has gotten a decent number of mentions at the FanGraphs subsidiaries and elsewhere. As I noted last week, poet and biographer Tom Clark has a long poem about him.
I am not here
- Best Marco Scutaro Tweets (From Fans of His Former Teams and/or Phil Collins)
- Head of Cistulli with Rob-Ford’s-Head-Topped Pizza-Eyes Lazily Placed on Body of Eddie Gaedel as Tampa Burns