Sort by Date
- Seven Degrees of Mark Ellis
Banks on the 1967 Cubs.
Ernie Banks played with Hank Sauer on the 1953 Cubs
Hank Sauer played with Ernie Lombardi on the 1941 Reds
Ernie Lombardi played with Jack Quinn on the 1931 Brooklyn Robins
- The 1970s Cubs in 7 Minutes
, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1974, 1975, 1976, 1977, 1978, and 1979. Go Cubs. Go.
Did you know Ernie Banks can sing (sort of)? And Jose Cardenal can juggle (sort of)? Now you will!
- Ten Things I Know About Bob Anderson
7) Most people would think of the play as pretty Little League if it wasn't definitely Major League. I mean, Stan Musial was involved, people. And Ernie Banks.
8) Two baseballs, can you believe
- It's Curtains for the Giambino
, 43rd all time
1319 RBI, 89th all time
.527 slugging, 52nd all time
1255 walks, 45th all time
143 Adjusted OPS+, 52nd all time
1512 runs created, 76th all time, tied with Ernie Banks and Lou
- Two Balls, One Play
that Ernie Banks mostly watched all of this unfold from his position, choosing to migrate slowly towards second base and let them yell it out by home plate. See third baseman Alvin Dark charge Mr
- Larkin Deserves Spot in Hall of Fame
was not a perennial 20+ home run hitter, such as fellow Hall of Fame shortstop Ernie Banks, Larkin had a career .366 wOBA -- better than the career numbers for Hall of Fame shortstops Banks, Pee Wee
- A Collection of Career Batting Leaderboard Tidbits
, one more than Gwynn. Speaking of misters, Ernie Banks sits two runs above Sammy Sosa.
Jay Buhner and Ray Lankford rank back-to-back. I think that is appropriate.
Dusty Baker and John Kruk
- Marking the 500 HR Creation
in the first two years of the 1970s: Ernie Banks (1970), Harmon Killebrew (1971) and Frank Robinson a month after Harmon. All told, between September 13th, 1965 (Mays) and September 13th, 1971 (Robinson), seven
- Promotional Speaking Industry Untouched by Sabermetric Revolution
to the $30,000 level and some surprises appear: Ernie Banks and Nolan Ryan are bargains at this level, especially next to Joe Buck and Terry Francona. And the $20,000 level is even more eclectic, ranging
- The Unlikeliest Way to Score from First Base
anecdote. Via Wikipedia:
In one famous story, on June 17, Throneberry hit a triple in a game against the Cubs, but was called out after Ernie Banks took a relay throw and stepped on second base. "Didn't
- Duke Snider's Peak
Jr. Joe DiMaggio. Carl Yastrzemski. Eddie Collins. Lou Gehrig. Eddie Matthews. Tris Speaker. Mike Schmidt. Rogers Hornsby. Ernie Banks. Ron Santo. Ty Cobb. Wade Boggs. Albert Pujols
- Ten Important Things That Happened At Wrigley Field
with reporters, and is suspended for the final 17 games of the 1931 season, narrowly avoiding leading the National League in strikeouts for six consecutive seasons.
9) 1953 – Rookie Ernie Banks incenses