Major League Players
Minor League Players
Blog Search Results
Sort by Date
- Freddy Garcia Is Staying Alive
Rare is it when a pitcher’s ERA, FIP, and xFIP are in a state of complete accord. Nearly as rare is Freddy Garcia pitching more than 100 innings in any given season during these twilight years of his
- Freddy Garcia: Value in Pinstripes?
Freddy Garcia did not even make our initial AL starting pitcher rankings. After a strong start to the season, at least on the surface, in a month's worth of work, the question is whether this old
- Freddy Garcia and the Value of Broken Starters
From 2001 to 2006, Freddy Garcia posted six consecutive seasons with 200 or more innings pitched, and while he wasn't an ace, he was an above average durable starting pitcher. That skillset helped
- Turning to Freddy Garcia With the Season on the Line
Clayton Kershaw again, so, yeah, this isn't a great situation -- and are turning to Freddy Garcia in this win-or-go-home game. Yes, the Freddy Garcia who turned 37 yesterday, and has had a season
- Hot GIFs: Freddy Garcia Is Duly Impressed
), during which game Cuban emigre Yoenis Cespedes hit a home run that compelled veteran right-hander Freddy Garcia to discover physics again for the first time.
For the benefit of the reader, who
- Position Battles: Mets' 5th Starter, Pt. 1: Freddy Garcia
-compensated league-average starter?
New York also enters spring training with an open competition for the fifth-starter's role, featuring a former rotation horse (Freddy Garcia), a Washington retread (Tim
- Spoiler Alert: It's Garcia Time
is handing the ball to Freddy Garcia, former Mariners and White Sox great, who won a ring with the White Sox in 2005.
Garcia spent last season with the Phillies, though most of it was not actually
- Bourgeois & Garcia: Waiver Wire
like the elite baserunners, he's going to help your team.
Freddy Garcia | SP | Yankees | Ownership: 29% Yahoo!, 45.7%
The Yankees decided not to blow their prospect wad on a starting pitcher
- Davis, Smoak, Drew, Garcia, Carrasco: DL Returnees
and see how the situation unravels once he returns. If he starts, keep him. If he is just a bench player, ditch him.
Freddy Garcia (finger, 18% owned) – Garcia is a nice play for a team desperate
- "Freak of Nature": Baseball's Garcia Found to Violate Major Scientific Principles
Some two years ago, a split-finger fastball thrown by pitcher Freddy Garcia stumped experts by seeming to defy the Magnus effect -- the force that makes a curveball curve. Physicists eventually
- Confounding: Are the Rockies Rebuilding?
- The Rockies’ One Through Eight: the Small Successes and Failures of Lineup Construction
- A Hall of Fame Moment, Parsed and in Context
- Freddy Sanchez for... Who?! Seriously?
baseman Freddy Sanchez head from the Pirates to the Giants, these comments were made from some of Fangraphs' finest:
"What the hell?"
"The best pitching prospect of the day doesn't get traded
- Winter Signings: Freddy Sanchez
The San Francisco Giants re-signed second baseman Freddy Sanchez to a two-year deal late last week. The deal is worth $12 million in total, and it eliminates an $8.1 million option that the club held