- From Orosco to Resop
roster was in shambles following a usage of relievers and the ejections of Ray Knight and Kevin Mitchell after a brawl. In the tenth inning, Gary Carter replaced Knight at third base while Jesse Orosco
- My Brewers Romance
- Jesse Litsch's Many Pitches
operation and A.J. Burnett likely headed greener pastures courtesy of a lavish free agent payday.
One of the guys who will be back (along with that Halladay fellow) is right-hander Jesse Litsch
- Why Jesse Spector Writes
participant is Jesse Spector. Mr. Spector serves not only as a copy editor for the New York Daily News, but also as the keeper of that paper's Touching Base blog, from which post he's able to proselytize
- Are Writers Picking Better MVPs and Cy Youngs?
- MVP and Cy Young Voting Revisited
- Microeconomics And Offense (Part 1)
- Microeconomics And Offense (Part 2)
- Microeconomics and Offense (Part 3)
- Which Fielder and Braun Will Show Up in 2011?
- Predicting Salary Inflation For 2011
- Will The Chief Help The Yanks?
- What Factors Affect HR/FB Rate?
- Who Are The Real HR/FB Outliers?
- Team Preview: St. Louis Cardinals
- Team Preview: Houston Astros
- Dave Righetti: Lord Of The HR/FB Rate
- 2011 Organizational Rankings: #10 - Colorado
- Salary Inflation Estimates for 2012
- So Far, So Good for The Big Puma Experiment
- What's Wrong With Adam Dunn?
- Rays' Defense Continues to Impress
- A Baseball Argument 13 Years in the Making
- The Odds Behind Seattle's Losing Streak
- Why Are Lefties Crafty?
- Determining the "Value" of "Valuable"
- World Series Game Three Chat
- My Game 7 Experience
- Why Did C.J. Wilson Sign for Cheap?
- A Long-Run Analysis of Salary Inflation
- Is Proprietary Information Disappearing?
- Is There Hope for the Diamondbacks?
- New Wild Cards and the Playoff-Probability Curve
- Stan Musial 1920-2013
- How Much Luck Is Involved in One-Run Games?
- Red Sox Bring In Jesse Carlson
In a move that sent approximately zero shock waves through the baseball world, the Red Sox signed former Jays left-handed reliever Jesse Carlson to a split contract this week. It was such a big story
- Contract Crowdsourcing 2013-14: Jesse Crain
is likely to receive, FanGraphs is also requesting that readers make note of how much they'd pay each free agent were they, themselves, actual GMs.
In this edition: Jesse Crain.
- Rays Land Jesse Crain for Something
getting the injured player was aware that the injured player was an injured player. Now we have a newer, fresher example, since the old one was getting beat to death. Jesse Crain, right now, is on the DL
- FanGraphs Audio: Jesse Thorn, King of Most Media
... and other taste sensations!
Jesse Thorn, Young American
Finally, you can subscribe to the podcast via iTunes or other feeder things.
Audio on the flip-flop. (Approximately 40 min play
- Audio: R.A. Dickey on Bullseye with Jesse Thorn
Jesse Thorn's podcast Sounds of Young America has been invoked in these electronic pages before for an entirely capable interview Thorn did with Bill James -- and Thorn himself was a guest
- Forget Jonathan Papelbon, Target Jesse Crain
chunk of the roughly $34 million left on Papelbon's deal; trade for Jesse Crain instead.
Crain is probably the single most likely player to change teams this summer. The White Sox aren't going