- GIF: Jim Johnson's Jim Johnson
Because Oriole Jim Johnson plays for the Orioles, there's a strong chance that no one -- perhaps besides his teammates and Buck Showalter and Buck Showalter's grizzled and nameless manservant
- Recalling Jim Johnson
to the minors and recalled 24-yr old pitcher Jim Johnson. Johnson, a starter in the minor leagues, had made two "audition" starts for the Orioles in 2006 and 2007, racking up the undesirable line of 5 IP
- No Love For Jim Johnson?
and there, but if they're healthy, they've always seemed to slide back into the job. So why, after 101 saves in the past two season....yes, that's right, 101...does Jim Johnson get no love?
I did a mock draft
- How Much is Jim Johnson Really Worth in Fantasy
Jim Johnson has 42 saves. You own closers for saves. Ipso facto bingo blatto, Jim Johnson is an elite fantasy closer.
-- or --
Jim Johnson has 36 strikeouts in 58.1 innings. The average
- Concerning Jim Johnson and Groundball Relievers in General
Despite leading the AL in saves, Orioles closer Jim Johnson is having a rough year compared to 2012 when he posted a 2.51 ERA and saved 51 games in 54 opportunities. Early in 2013, an enthusiastic
- Brad Johnson RotoGraphs Chat 7/26/16
Johnson: sure, that's not saying much right now2:40Brad Johnson: Jim Johnson and Tony Cingrani are closers...2:40Brad Johnson: Do expect regression re: Dull2:40rustydude: Looking for an emerging holds
- Brad Johnson RotoGraphs Chat - 7/5/16
:09Will: I have missed the boat on numerous replacement closers. Who would you target as the most realistic next guy up? Nate Jones, Strickland, Hudson, Jim Johnson...?2:10Brad Johnson: I like Jones
- Brad Johnson RotoGraphs Chat - 8/2/16
Jim Bob: Who would you take in a dynasty? Moncada or Benintandi?
Brad Johnson: Moncada
fresh basil: A man can dream
- Brad Johnson RotoGraphs Chat - 7/19/16
only 2nd?2:47Brad Johnson: it's right on the tightrope2:47Brad Johnson: your specific category needs matter2:47Rick: 5x5 OBP Re-draft League: My Zobrist/Bregman for his Kipnis/Jim Johnson. Fair?2
- Brad Johnson RotoGraphs Chat – 8/16/16
Brad Johnson: sure, put him in the top 200. Some will look at him as a top 100 which is going too far
Jim: AJ Reed start next year
- Brad Johnson Baseball Chat -- 4/3/14
league.12:56Comment From Jay29You only included qualified pitchers in your leaderboard: Villanueva and Jim Johnson also have 2 losses. 12:56Brad Johnson: That's what I get for multi-tasking12:56Brad
- The Daily Grind: Jim Abbott, Chen, Velasquez, Steve Holt!
Jim Abbott GIF
Daily DFS - Chen
Tomorrow's Targets - Velasquez, Teheran, Blanks, Holt
1. Jim Abbott GIF
Here we have Jim Abbott completing his no-hitter
- Ji-Man Choi & Jim Johnson: Deep League Wire
his batting average. His value gets a major boost in OBP leagues.
Jim Johnson | RP ATL | 2% Owned
With the Braves going nowhere as expected, the assumption is that closer Arodys Vizcaino may
- Jim Henderson Gives Axford the Ax
have no real alternatives. While Brandon Kintzler was excellent last season, his skill set is the type that doesn't typically lead to a closing gig, except for the rare exceptions like Jim Johnson, who
- What Is Davey Johnson Doing?
Here's newly minted Nats skipper Davey Johnson!
The discerning discerner will observe that also in this photo is a white orb of cowhide, something known in industry parlance as a "baseball
- Did the Cubs and Giants Have the Best Pitcher-Hitting Series Ever?
.) Not only did all four get hits, but all three starters got extra-base hits, as Dave McNally, Jim Palmer, and Mike Cuellar (Dick Hall was the reliever) all showed what they were capable of on the other side
- The Unique Path to Success in Oakland
- Bringing Bill James' Famous Arbitration Case to 2014
- The Chicago Cubs and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Junior Lake Season
- Another Look at Momentum in October
- Poking Holes In Some of the Best Players of 2016
- Turning Nick Castellanos Into Nolan Arenado
- Greg Bird: What Can We Actually Expect?
- Year of the Pitcher?...Think Again
- Cubs Sign Reed Johnson; Scrappers Celebrate
On Wednesday morning, the Chicago Cubs came to an agreement for a one-year deal with free agent OF Reed Johnson. The Cubs are no strangers with Johnson -- three of the last four times Johnson has
- Brad Johnson RotoGraphs Chat - 6/7
Here's the transcript from today's chat!
1:47Brad Johnson: Apologies for the brief delay. People showed up to drill holes in my walls1:47Brad Johnson: Some kind of fire sprinkler maintenance
- Brad Johnson RotoGraphs Chat – 8/30/16
We'll chat at 4:00pm ET today. See ya then.
4:00Brad Johnson: Welcome folks. This week we'll be analyzing anthems including the best ones for which to stand, sit, or otherwise.4:00Brad Johnson
- Brad Johnson RotoGraphs Chat - 6/28/16
Today's chat transcript. Covered a lot of topics...
2:28Brad Johnson: Alright folks let's get the ball rolling. Looks like there's a smaller group hanging out today2:29JD: I've got a hole at 1B
- Brad Johnson RotoGraphs Chat – 8/23/16
). phelps, samardzija, or yordano for decent production until stras is back?
Brad Johnson: As long as you can stream, I'd go start by start rather than picking one guy
- Brad Johnson RotoGraphs Chat - 6/21
The chat transcript is go. Lots of dynasty questions this week which is right in my sweet spot.
1:44Brad Johnson: The chat is go. Exciting operational notes first...1:45Brad Johnson: I am without
- Brad Johnson RotoGraphs Chat - 5/24
The transcript is below.
Brad Johnson: Let's get this going. I tried putting an apple in my smoothie today and it's gross
Alex: Hey Brad. My Drew Smyly
- Brad Johnson RotoGraphs Chat – 5/17
Here's the transcript of today's chat. Lot's of fun topics.
Breakout Stars..?: Brandon Drury, Danny Valencia?
Brad Johnson: What are you looking
- Brad Johnson RotoGraphs Chat - 5/10
Brad Johnson: Ahoy there. Let's get this shindig started
JD: Hi Brad, should I drop any of Gausman, Conley, Roark for Rodon in a 10-teamer H2H redraft? I
- Brad Johnson RotoGraphs Chat - 5/3
Here's the transcript in glorious HD!
Brad Johnson: Hey all, I opened the queue early to post a poll, but I'm not taking questions yet. If you submit one, I WILL skip it. See you
- Daily Notes: Mostly Ambulant Nick Johnson Retires
Table of Contents
Here's the table of contents for today's edition of the Daily Notes.
1. Assorted Headlines
2. Table: Nick Johnson's Walk Rate in Context
3. Three Images: Venezuelan Winter
- Brad Johnson RotoGraphs Chat – 8/9/16
to suggest more power ROS. JBJ has the production though. Which do you like? Thanks!
Brad Johnson: Polanco seems to have a couple nagging injuries. I'd go with the healthier
- Brad Johnson FanGraphs Chat - 11/3/16
Today's chat transcript is now available. Topics include Game 7, Mike Trout trades, and when/how to rebuild.
12:00Brad Johnson: Good afternoon folks. For those wondering where Eno is...well he
- Brad Johnson RotoGraphs Chat – 9/20/16
Today's transcript is go. Lots of dynasty and keeper questions.
Brad Johnson: Ahoy there
Brad Johnson: This might be the last chat of the season
- Brad Johnson RotoGraphs Chat - 5/31
Here's the transcript from today's chat.
Brad Johnson: Hey everyone, I'm running just a couple minutes behind. We'll get started soon.
- Brad Johnson RotoGraphs Chat - 9/13/16
Here are the results of today's chat!
4:00Brad Johnson: Today's chat is brought to you by Yasmany Tomas4:00Brad Johnson: 29 home runs, -0.1 WAR4:01Brad Johnson: aka switch-hitting Jermaine Dye4
- Brad Johnson RotoGraphs Chat – 4/26/16
Brad Johnson: I do think they'll recover, but the damage is already done. You'll need to get lucky streaming high end relievers to make up for it
- Brad Johnson RotoGraphs Chat - 4/19/16
Chat Transcript below!
Shawn: James Shields still top 30ish SP?
Brad Johnson: No, not remotely close.
Brad Johnson: He's
- Closers Trending Up: Guerra, Johnson, Marshall
competition. Even so, it looks like he is gaining more and more control of the ninth inning in Los Angeles.
Johnson was another relative uncertainty in the closer role before
- Brad Johnson RotoGraphs Chat - 4/12/16
Transcript from Tuesday's chat!
Brad Johnson: Ok, I've opened the chat early since I forgot to set the queue to open. You should be able to post questions now
- Brad Johnson's 10 Bold Predictions
at RotoGraphs, it is customary to list 10 such bold picks; also Eno ordered me to do so.
1. Erik Johnson will be the second best starting pitcher for the White Sox
Johnson has good stuff
- Jim Thome
Jim Thome hits free agency this offseason, after playing out the last season of his 2003-2008 (with 2009 vesting in 2008) contract. Injuries in Philadelphia and his eventual inability to play
- Brad Johnson Baseball Chat - March 27, 2017
Here's the transcript from today's 100 minute chat. See ya next week.
10:21Brad Johnson: Hello everyone, I'm going to take the next couple minutes to finally renew my MLB.tv, then we'll get
- Brad Johnson's 10 Bold Predictions
- Brad Johnson's 10 Bold Predictions
- Brad Johnson's 10 Timid Predictions
- Brad Johnson RotoGraphs Chat - 4/5/16
- Braves Playing Time Battles: Pitchers
Grilli, and Jim Johnson. The fantasy player in me wants to see Vizcaino run with the closer role because he's young and throws bullets. The pragmatist fully expects to see Grilli. Something has gone
- Fantasy Busts and Opportunities: NL East
is the setup man for Jim Johnson.
Moving south to Miami, the Marlin to watch is David Phelps. Alex Chamberlain wrote about Phelps in detail last week. I agree with the analysis - Phelps is a solid
- The Orioles Play in the Shallow End of Free Agency
Earlier in the offseason, the Orioles traded incumbent closer Jim Johnson to the Oakland Athletics for second baseman Jemile Weeks. Johnson was expected to earn $10 million in arbitration - a figure
- Erik Johnson: Late Round Breakout Candidate
After five respectable outings in 2013, Erik Johnson will begin his rookie campaign as a relative unknown in the fantasy world. This season is just his third as a professional and his quick ascension
- The Daily Grind: Trades, Carrasco, Alvarez
, Jim Johnson, and Luis Avilan are expected to bolster the Dodgers roster. Jose Peraza could see time in the playoffs as a pinch runner. Those who expected Peraza to be activated by the Braves right
- Way Too Early Rankings: Relief Pitchers
- The Daily Grind: Eovaldi, Holland, Johnson, Jaso
GB / FB Splits
Tomorrow's Targets - Johnson, Nova, Jaso, DeShields
1. Daily DFS - Eovaldi, Holland