- Better Understanding Jose Fernandez
As good as Jose Fernandez is, there still exists a critical angle. Fernandez, of course, pitches for the Marlins, and the Marlins get a lot of things wrong. The Internet usually doesn't let those
- Jose Fernandez, Etched in Stone
had Jose Fernandez on the mound, and before the Marlins equivalent of a full house, Fernandez did everything in what would be his final start of the season. There were twists, there were turns
- This is Jose Fernandez' Third Pitch
There's a lot of Jose Fernandez talk going around. And he looks to be a legit young starting pitcher -- his gas sat above 95 mph, his slurve/slider thing got plenty of whiffs, and he lived
- Have A Day, Jose Fernandez
As spring training gave way to the regular season, the Marlins turned some heads when they announced that Jose Fernandez had made the team. No, not just made the team, but that he wasn’t even
- Jose Fernandez and Efficient Dominance
. And for that, they can thank Jose Fernandez.
It seems odd writing about a Jose Fernandez v. Alex Wood matchup a mere seven days after Jeff Sullivan did the same thing here, but this game
- Jose Fernandez: Preventable or Inevitable?
Jose Fernandez is broken. After allowing him to throw ridiculous pitches that opposing hitters simply couldn't touch, his elbow threw in the towel in the fifth inning of his start on Friday night
- Ceremonial First GIF: Jose Fernandez
Miami right-hander and 20-year-old Cuban emigre Jose Fernandez has, just seconds before the composition of these very words, finished his first inning as a major-league pitcher, retiring the New
- Jose Fernandez Adds a New Pitch
Any other year and Jose Fernandez would be getting a lot more attention. The Marlins' rookie starting pitcher recently turned 21 years old and he was promoted to the major straight from Single
- Jose Fernandez Ready For Year Two
Jose Fernandez made the Miami Marlins watchable last season. Given that the team won just 62 games, and was without Giancarlo Stanton for some time, that's quite a task. At age-20, Fernandez somewhat
- Creating a Composite Jose Fernandez Projection
Jose Fernandez was having a dominating 2014 season until he needed Tommy John surgery last May. The 22-year-old righty could be one of the more dominant arms in the game when he returns. Fantasy
- Did Jose Fernandez Get More Dangerous?
Let's accept that, after four starts this season, there are few conclusions that can be reached about Jose Fernandez. After all, we need bigger samples of data, and even then, conclusions mostly have
- A Strained Analogy Featuring Jose Fernandez and Rick Steves
beyond Europe's most obvious (and expensive) tourist activities and experiencing the continent more like a native might.
One senses from the animated GIFs below -- of Jose Fernandez striking out
- A GIF and a Tune: Jose Fernandez and Talking Heads
(Note: This is technically not a GIF, since it's length prohibits it from GIFation. Please accept my repentance for duping you.)
This past Friday, Marlins starter Jose Fernandez had himself a day
- How Close To The Playoffs Would the Marlins Be With Jose Fernandez?
When Jose Fernandez blew out his elbow in May, the baseball world wept, rightfully so. It didn't matter if you were a Marlins fan or not, it only mattered that one of the brightest young stars
- Marlins Rotation: Jose Fernandez and the Also-Starters
, with a trio of Giancarlo Stanton, Marcell Ozuna and Christian Yelich expected to deliver at least competent glovework.
- MLB Gameday Scout on Jose Fernandez vs. Yasiel Puig
From Puig's three-pitch, fifth-inning strikeout against Fernandez.
- SEO Gargantua: Jose Fernandez Bat Toss Weight-Loss Trick
Sources close to the situation -- and also just the box score itself -- suggest that right-hander Jose Fernandez has homered tonight off Mike Minor in the sixth inning of Miami's game against
- Daily Notes: On Jose Fernandez's Last Two Starts, Briefly
Table of Contents
Here's the table of contents for today's edition of the Daily Notes.
1. On Jose Fernandez's Last Two Starts, Briefly
2. Today’s MLB.TV Free Game
3. Today's Complete Schedule
- Daily Notes: Featuring Gerrit Cole Against Jose Fernandez
, for the benefit of the wide readership, how young and hard-throwing Pittsburgh right-hander Gerrit Cole (48.2 IP, 100 xFIP-, 0.6 WAR) faces young and hard-throwing Miami right-hander Jose Fernandez (111.2 IP
- NERD Game Scores: Jose Fernandez One-Man Show Event
." What one finds during a Jose Fernandez start, for example, might technically be regarded as a one-man show -- owing to how Jose Fernandez is technically one man -- and yet such events are the source
- NERD Game Scores: Jose Fernandez Dramatic Return Event
possesses anything less than great appeal for spectators. The reason: today represents the return of Miami right-hander Jose Fernandez from the elbow injury that afflicted him last May.
- Jose Fernandez Is Coming Back, Marlins Should Be Sellers Anyway
The Miami Marlins are about to get a lot better as a baseball team. Jose Fernandez, one of the most exciting and superlative pitchers in major-league baseball, is set to return next week. Martin
- Fernandez's Best Changeup and Also Harvey's Best Changeup
depict Jose Fernandez's best changeup and also Matt Harvey's best changeup from Monday night.
Here, for the sake of the readership, is video footage of Jose Fernandez's best changeup from Monday
- GIF: That Curveball Fernandez Just Threw to Tulowitzki
The author, whose loving mother is talking at him without cease even as he writes these words, won't belabor the point -- which point is that the very excellent Jose Fernandez just threw a curveball
- New Rotation Faces: Fernandez, Corbin & Ross
, roster decisions were made, position battles sorted out and rotation slots won. Some of those rotation spot winners were quite the shock. Let's discuss a few of them, shall we?
- Jose Altuve Is Starlin Castro 2.0
I've been meaning to write about Jose Altuve for a couple of weeks now, but with Ryan espousing the virtues of Starlin Castro, this seems like the perfect time to talk about Altuve. Why does
- Jose Bautista Is Doing More With Less
Darvish, Sonny Gray and Jesse Chavez all have particularly low Z-Swing marks and Masahiro Tanaka, Stephen Strasburg, Jose Fernandez, Felix Hernandez and Greinke rate highly in O-Swing. If you can get
- A Post That Is Unexpectedly About Sid Fernandez.
Bonds, Sid Fernandez. Sid Fernandez? You know what, I'm okay with Sid Fernandez. Growing up, I thought Sid Fernandez was great. Unhittable at times. Indeed, still 4th on baseball's lifetime
- Jose Molina on Jose Molina
Fun fact: Jose Molina's FanGraphs player ID number is 25. Mike Trout's is 10155. All right.
According to numbers provided to me by Matthew Carruth, last year there were 78 catchers in baseball who