- Jose Molina on Jose Molina
Fun fact: Jose Molina's FanGraphs player ID number is 25. Mike Trout's is 10155. All right.
According to numbers provided to me by Matthew Carruth, last year there were 78 catchers in baseball who
- Jose Molina Misses a Pitch
was Rodney's first and only lefty of the appearance. Behind the plate was Jose Molina. Behind Jose Molina was C.B. Bucknor, of whom there exist opinions. Behold now a pitch .gif, followed
- The Astros Get Their Jose Molina
any sort of household name, you could say the Astros just got their Jose Molina. Have I mentioned lately that the Astros employ Mike Fast? Do I even need to?
On the surface, it's a C-list
- GIF: Jose Molina Super Toss
Framing is an alright talent, says Jose Molina, but if you want a real unique skill, try to match this:
Your move, Jonathan Lucroy.
- The Yankees and the Poor Man's Jose Molina
Kontos. That was before Kontos actually pitched well. But to understand Chris Stewart is to understand a division rival of his. A year ago, the Rays signed the old and underwhelming Jose Molina
- Stealing a Base, with Billy Hamilton and Jose Molina
joke that Hamilton is so fast he's already finished reading this article.
Run-of-the-mill paragraph pointing out how slow Jose Molina is. Note that Molina is perhaps the game's slowest runner
- Actual Photo: Jose Molina Frames the Constitution
Rays catcher Jose Molina is of course famously renown for his ability to frame pitches for strikes. Less heralded is his ability to frame founding documents -- documents smithed in gory glory
- So Jose Molina Has Three Stolen Bases
There's one other facet I mentioned
- Did Jose Molina Frame the Red Sox?
pitches Jose Molina got that Salty did not:
In baseball, the catcher or hitter or peeved fan will occasionally make a statement, "That was a strike last inning." But the truth is that very
- Stealing on Catchers (Not Named Molina)
- Yadier Molina: Automatic Out No Longer
On the Molina Continuum of Offensive Skill, Cardinals backstop Yadier Molina falls in between punchless Jose and powerful Bengie. The youngest Molina's production at the plate was decidedly Jose-like
- Yadier Molina's Potential Payday and Catcher Aging
the trend, as he appears to be peaking a little later than usual. It is also worth mentioning that he has two older brothers who have caught in the Major Leagues for extended periods. Bengie Molina and Jose
- Jaso, Lobaton and Molina: American League Catching Changes
, the Rays are going to have a whole new catching tandem in 2012. Jose Molina and Jose Lobaton, or as R.J. Anderson dubbed them last night, Dos-e, form an unlikely duo. First off, neither has much