- Recent Promotions: Josh Bell
will be clear for top prospect Josh Bell to get regular playing time for the O's.
Bell was up with Baltimore earlier this month (a clean .200/.200/.200 batting line in 15 PA) before going back down
- Promotion: Josh Bell
Baltimore Orioles placed DH/OF Luke Scott (left hamstring) on the DL; recalled 3B Joshua Bell from Triple-A Norfolk.
It's unclear at this point how long Bell will be in the majors -- Felix Pie
- Josh Bell and Steve Lombardozzi: Waiver Wire
wire just waiting to be claimed.
Josh Bell, ARI |3B| Ownership: ESPN - 0.5% Yahoo - 1.0%
Right on the heels of my last Kicking Rocks piece which clamored for Bell's call-up, the Diamondbacks
- Bell Might Not Be Antidote for Rangers' 'Pen
months, it still remains the team weakness... perhaps the team’s only weakness. As such the Rangers have been linked to both Heath Bell and Mike Adams as potential bullpen reinforcements, though
- Ivan Nova - An Uncommon Rule 5 Story
cite are the cases like Johan Santana, Joakim Soria and Josh Hamilton — where players went on to become valuable pieces for their new teams. But when do Rule 5 players become successes after being
- Santos' Swift Slider
- Matt Cain, Destroyer of DIPS
- Zack Greinke and Pitch Sequences
- Exploring Pitching Tendencies
- Breaking Down Stolen Base Break-Even Points
- Respect, Measured
- Anatomy of the $100 Million Contract
- Prince's Improved Approach at the Plate
- Best Rotation Ever? Best. Rotation. Ever.
- Beating the Defensive Shift
- How Good Is Matt Garza?
- Spring Training in September
- Commanding the Zone
- Do Better Pitchers Actually Have Better Command?
- Explaining the Command Disconnect
- Sabathia's Strong June
- Carsten Groundball Sabathia
- A Pitch F/X Look at Cliff Lee
- Heath Bell's Return To Dominance
With J.J. Putz's elbow hurting, the Diamondbacks have turned to Heath Bell in the closer's role. Tuesday night against Atlanta, Heath Bell converted his fifth save in six last-inning save
- Where Are Heath Bell's Whiffs?
Heath Bell was just one strike away from getting the second out in the ninth Thursday in New York. Bell was in just another jam, the fourth time in seven outings this season at least three
- The Bell Tolls for Heath
Park. However, another Bell might step into the all-time save leader's role: Heath Bell (may I suggest Metallica's "For Whom The Bell Tolls"?) The 31 year-old had to wait an awfully long time to get
- Joshua Bell Promoted
When the Orioles acquired Joshua Bell (along with Steve Johnson) in exchange for George Sherrill, it seemed like a potential coup. At the time, Bell was 22 years old and mashing in Double
- Can Heath Bell Be Trusted?
You'd have been hard-pressed this offseason to find an unbiased observer who didn't think that the three-year, $27 million contract that the Marlins handed to closer Heath Bell was foolish. (In fact
- Heath Bell and Park Effects
When Carson Cistulli asked the collective crowd of FanGraphs readers what they thought Heath Bell would receive as a free agent this winter, they picked out 2.8 years and an annual average value
- Marlins Reel In Heath Bell
in principle to a three-year deal (with an option for a fourth year) with free-agent reliever Heath Bell, using him to replace Oviedo, who they mean to non-tender.
Bell’s 2011 season has been the subject
- Daily Graphing - Heath Bell
I was having a lot of trouble finding someone to write about today, that was until I stumbled upon Heath Bell. Who is Heath Bell you ask? He was drafted in the 69th round of the 1997 draft
- Bell, Pena Staying Put
Heath Bell and Carlos Pena were each claimed on waivers earlier this week, though it appears that neither player will be moving.
The Giants claimed Bell, most likely to bolster their bullpen
- A Very Merry Christmas From Heath Bell
Merry Christmas from Heath Bell and NotGraphs!
- Heath Bell - Maybe This Year
I'll admit, I'm a Heath Bell protagonist. Last year I expected big things from the 28 year old reliever who ended up posting a 5.11 ERA in just 22 relief appearances. He didn't quite live up to my
- Another Hypothetical Heath Bell Deal
of the major imperfections is the performance of high-priced reliever Heath Bell.
Signed to a lucrative three-year deal this offseason, Bell was supposed to help transform the Marlins
- Josh Donaldson
On June 13, when Josh Donaldson was sent down, his line was an astonishing .153/.160/.235. In exactly 100 plate appearances, he had 1 walk, and that was in that final June 13 game. He had 1
- Numbers as Narrative: Bell, Hernandez, Pujols
So what I did was to isolate three players whose numbers tell an interesting story. Here they are.
Heath Bell, RHRP, San Diego
The story that Bell's numbers tell us is of a pitcher