- Should Kevin Brown Be in the Hall of Fame?
Is there a more overlooked candidate on the current Hall-of-Fame ballot than Kevin Brown?
Poke around, and you'll find the usual shopworn debates and entrenched positions, but Brown, it would seem
- MLB Free Agency Dollars to Date
- Salary Arbitration Mumbo Jumbo
446.26% from ’10) of the Rockies, and Armando Galarraga, who reached a $2.3 million deal (up 475% from last season) with the Tigers before being traded to the D-backs for Kevin Eichhorn and Ryan
- Maddux, Clemens, Pedro... Brown?
and Schilling on this list. No, instead, I am focusing on the starting pitcher that concludes this list: Kevin Brown.
Whenever most people see this list of nine starting pitchers, Brown tends
- The Dramatic Decline of Domonic Brown
-off in production from Domonic Brown, one minor league scout said, "I don't think anyone knows for sure." Furthermore, Kevin Goldstein of Baseball Prospectus, who speaks with scouts every day regarding
- On Sabermetric Rhetoric
- Kevin Slowey's Groundball Rate
also use a return to 2008 form from Kevin Slowey.
A second-round pick out of Winthrop in the 2005 draft, Slowey has always boasted off-the-charts control. He issued just 1.3 walks per nine innings
- Bartolo Colon and Kevin Millwood, Then and Now
, trading for Kevin Brown and Javier Vazquez while leaving the free agent pitchers untouched. The Red Sox, too, opted for the trade route, acquiring Curt Schilling.
While that dampened the market a bit
- Show Me the $! End-of-Year Payrolls
compensation, buyouts of unexercised options and cash transactions. In some cases, parts of salaries that are deferred are discounted to reflect present-day values.
Follow Maury Brown on Twitter
- Inside Salary Arbitration
flipped). That has now been corrected. -- Maury Brown
Before Curt Flood’s landmark case, and before Messersmith and McNally held out in a contract year, thus allowing for the reserve clause
- How MLB Became the Example of Peacemakers
on NFL Parade? (Variety)
FOLLOW MAURY BROWN ON TWITTER @BizballMaury
- Sizing Up Mark Cuban; Potential Owner Of The Rangers
We're happy to announce that Maury Brown, owner of the Business of Sports Network, will be writing for us here every Tuesday. Please welcome Maury to the crew.
Well, this is a fine mess you
- What's In Store for the Texas Rangers Auction
- Rob Manfred on Minor League Drug Testing Program
- Why Relocation and Expansion are a Pain for MLB
- Will Leaked MLB Financials Alter Revenue-Sharing?
- I Really Had a Blackout
- The Death of Baseball in Portland
- Playing the God of Baseball
- Could MLB's Postseason TV Ratings Be Down?
- Breaking Down 2010 MLB Regular Season Attendance
- Rays Lose ALDS, San Antonio Dreams the Pipedream
- At Game 1 of the World Series: Prelude - Different Is Good
- At Game 1 of the World Series: Overflow Media
- A Primer on the Baseball Winter Meetings
- Will Steinbrenner Beat Out Miller for HOF
- Making Postseason $ When Missing The Playoffs
- The Upcoming CBA: An International Draft
- Domonic Brown and Getting There
Sunday afternoon, Domonic Brown did something he's been doing a lot of lately. Brown faced Mike Fiers in the bottom of the first, with two on and two out. After a first-pitch curveball found the zone
- Domonic Brown Goes Mashing
The rumor on the street is that Domonic Brown had a breakout season in 2013. But can we trust that to be a sign of things to come?
Brown was once (briefly) the top prospect in all of baseball
- Phillies summon Domonic Brown
prospect in baseball: outfielder Domonic Brown. Most of us expected Brown to get the call once the team traded Jayson Werth, but Victorino's injury makes such a deal unlikely. Werth will instead shift
- Dom Brown Up or Down?
On a team accused of aging quickly -- though the space-time continuum has something to say about that -- Domonic Brown is the youngest, most exciting offensive piece. But now he's spent two seasons
- Chris Brown: Blue Jays Fan
"Teach me how to Dougie Chris Brown." Watch the video. Tell me what you see.
I, of course, obliged.
In the video that's been
- Domonic Brown and Exploring the Reality of Breakouts
It was my initial intent to write something about Tuesday's trade rumor that involved Domonic Brown and Jose Bautista. The rumor, presented straight-up, was absolutely fascinating for the implied
- Spotted: A Colombian Person Named Steve Brown
First, Colombia was inhabited by indigenous peoples like the Muisca, Quimbaya, and Tairona. Then, in the 16th century, it was conquered by the Spanish. Then, in 1986, Steve Brown was born
- Kevin Bass Is Watching You
Careful in your misdeeds, children. For Kevin Bass is watching you ...
No one gets away with anything. Lo, the giant, unblinking eyes of Kevin Bass see all.
(Disconcerting stare: BBTF)
- Domonic Brown Has Made Some Changes
It's been five years since Domonic Brown cracked the public consciousness as a five-tooler in the Phillies system. Five up and down years. Three of those years, he failed to impress in short samples
- Oh, Snap: Kevin Millwood
On the occasion of his signing with the Mariners, a hand-crafted, artisanal snap regarding the aged Kevin Millwood.
The Author: Kevin Millwood is so old he's got a negative Player ID number
- Domonic Brown Good News/Bad News
. It was promising, and, sure enough, Saunders had a breakthrough season. Spring training isn't entirely devoid of substance.
Which brings us to the matter of Domonic Brown, on Tuesday, February 26
- What Can Domonic Brown Do For You?
It appears, once again, that Domonic Brown's name is out there cooking up in the hot stove. Dave and Jeff each touched on Brown when his name last came up in rumors last month when a Brown for Jose
- Young Kevin Youkilis
Young Kevin Youkilis is the only varsity athlete to be bullied by an asthmatic National Merit Semi-Finalist.
Young Kevin Youkilis uses flash cards to remind him of his deepest regrets
- Brown's Bad Break Limits Phillies' Flexibility
The Philadelphia Phillies offensive depth was already going to be thin this season. That was before Domonic Brown broke the hamate bone on his right wrist Saturday afternoon. And while there’s