- A New Predictive Model for Determining Arbitration Salaries
My name is Rich Rieders and I am a 2015 graduate of Rutgers School of Law. Over the winter, I participated in Tulane University's 9th Annual Baseball Arbitration Competition and we finished in 2nd
- An Introduction to Determining Arbitration Salaries: Starting Pitchers
My name is Rich Rieders and I am a 2015 graduate of Rutgers Law School. Over the winter, I participated in Tulane University’s 9th Annual Baseball Arbitration Competition and we finished in 2nd place
- An Introduction to Determining Arbitration Salaries: Relief Pitchers
- Marlins Trade for SP Robertson
Florida Marlins acquired LHP Nate Robertson from the Detroit Tigers for LHP Jay Voss.
According to Joe Frisario's MLB.com article, the Tigers are picking up $9.6 million of Robertson's $10
- Buying Low: Nate Robertson
are going to spend a lot of money on mediocre pitching, leaving the smart teams to mostly look elsewhere.
So, smart teams, I've got a suggestion. Call the Tigers about Nate Robertson.
- AL $1 Option: Nate Robertson
Last season was a year to forget for Tigers pitcher Nate Robertson. A sprained thumb suffered during Spring Training contributed to him opening the season in the bullpen, a place he was unfamiliar
- A Tweet by Rich Thompson, Illustrated
Today in Tweets Illustrated Literally, Rich Thompson of the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim is outraged and self-censoring.
click to enlarge
- David Robertson, or: Location, Location, Location
handing the ball to David Robertson. Minutes later, they felt a lot worse.
We all know Robertson for being a terrific reliever. He was posting silly strikeout rates before every reliever
- David Robertson’s Success(ion)
an established, consistent closer a decade before.
That unprecedented track record of consistent effectiveness makes big shoes for an heir to fill. David Robertson has already suffered from those
- White Sox Sign David Robertson
confirms: #WhiteSox signing David Robertson to four-year deal for at least $40M. First reported: @bobnightengale.— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) December 9, 2014
The White Sox bullpen
- David Robertson's Awesome, Strange Arsenal
record -- that's what the past shows. And so if we look at David Robertson, and the four-year, $46 million deal he just received from the White Sox through that lens, we won't find happiness
- Holds Targets: Bailey, Gregerson and Robertson
if the brittle Huston Street were to get bit by the injury bug again in 2013, but Luke Gregerson is the only other Friar reliever on my draft board in holds + saves leagues.
David Robertson | RP
- The Easiest Explanation for Rich Hill
times and you’ll forget where you started. That’s how you really wind up in trouble.
Rich Hill felt like a lie last season. I'm still not sure I believe it happened. And, as if I was the one who told
- Rich Hill and the Limits of Knowledge
to study and learn and there always will be until we crash into the sun. But I present this thought experiment to you because it’s as close to a real explanation for Rich Hill’s recent dominance as I
- Rich Harden and Pitch Counts
Entering last night's start against the Oakland Athletics, Rich Harden had been largely ineffective in his new role as the ace of the Texas Rangers pitching staff. Through his first five starts
- Rich Thompson and the MLB Dream
Rich Thompson took over for Luke Scott at second base. Much of the audience was probably -- and perhaps rightly -- focused on Rhymes.
But at the same time, Thompson standing at second was a spectacle
- Daily Graphing - Rich Harden
Between a strained oblique muscle and a season ending strained lat muscle, Rich Harden was excellent in 2005 going 10-5 with a 2.53 ERA in 128 innings. In the off-season he elected to have shoulder
- Rich Harden to Miss 2012
According to CSN's Ray Ratto, who attributes this piece of news to Peter Gammons, Rich Harden will miss the upcoming season due to a torn capsule in his shoulder.
While a visit to Dr. James
- The Pitching Rich Get Richer
-rich Giants have a perfect No. 4 starter in Surkamp, which will allow them to focus their money on improving the limp offense, rather than throwing money at 30-something retread to provide less value
- Cubs Clearinghouse: Rich Hill
The Chicago Cubs organization will have two young players on the bubble when spring training rolls around in February. Pitcher Rich Hill, and infielder Ronny Cedeno are currently on the outside
- Rich Harden: Power Reliever?
In the interest of full disclosure, I’m a big Rich Harden fan. To be fair, I don’t get to see many strikeouts by watching my local nine, so he fulfills a need in that respect. But to contextualize
- Fish Hook Robertson, Lame Puns Ahoy
Earlier today, the Detroit Tigers traded Nate Robertson to the Florida Marlins for minor leaguer Jay Voss. The move is essentially a body dump for the Tigers, since they’ll be paying for 96% of his
- David Robertson's Injury Worse than First Thought
New York Yankees set-man David Robertson’s status for opening day could be in question. The key high-leverage reliever injured his foot while stumbling on a set of stairs. Robertson - who
- Downs, Robertson, Samardzija: Climbing Depth Charts
% LOB rate), but he's getting consistent late innings work and will help pad that holds total if that's all your looking for.
David Robertson | Yankees
Injuries to Rafael Soriano and Joba
- Rich Hill and the Conflicting Priorities of History
On Saturday night, Rich Hill was perfect. The Marlins sent 21 batters to the plate against him, and all 21 walked back to the dugout. But when the 22nd batter came up to hit, he did not see Rich Hill
- Rich Hill Fits the Athletics Perfectly
When Dave Cameron wrote up the Athletics' signing of Rich Hill yesterday, he titled it "A's Sign Rich Hill, Because Of Course They Do." He focused more on the fact that Hill was a resurgent pitcher
- Rich Hill and 50th Percentile Projections
It's amazing what can happen in but two short years. Coming into the winter of 2008, Rich Hill looked like he could be the real deal. His 2007 season wasn't stellar – his FIP was only 4.32 due
- What Did You Just Say To Rich Gale?
Whoa, whoa, whoa ...
What the fuck did you just say to Rich Gale? What in the living fuck did you just say to this 6-foot-7, 225-pound sum-buck?
Rich Gale will set those gold-rimmed
- A's Sign Rich Hill, Because Of Course They Do
According to Jeff Passan, the A's have signed left-handed pitcher Rich Hill to a one year, $6 million deal.
Source: Rich Hill agrees to terms with Oakland. One-year deal for $6 million, pending
- Rich Hill Truly Curveballs Like No One Else
As if Rich Hill needs another way to be unique. How many other pitchers experience their career breakout at 35 and become one of the best in the league? How many other pitchers throw their curveball
- Josh Reddick & Rich Hill Head South on the PCH
Last week, Eno reminded us that baseball players are actually human and do feel emotion when traded, especially on a moment's notice at the trade deadline. Luckily for both Josh Reddick and Rich Hill
- Interview: Modern Drunkard Magazine's Rich English
the Giant: The Greatest Drunk on Earth," and their most famous article, "The 86 Rules of Boozing." Most everything is written by editor Frank Kelly Rich -- author of the 86 Rules -- or writer Rich English
- If I Were a Rich Man: On the Baltimore Orioles
SP - Brian Matusz - $868K
SP - Chris Tillman - $400K
Other rotation candidates: Rich Hill - $445K+, Jason Berken - $400K, David Hernandez - $400K, Jake Arrieta - $400K, Troy Patton - $400K
- Rich Hill & Adam Conley: Deep League Wire
in deep leagues.
As usual, the players listed in this space are better suited for mono leagues, and the ownership percentages are by way of CBS.
Rich Hill / SP / Boston Red Sox / 6%
- Post-Halladay Jays Still Pitching-Rich
- Scouting Oakland's Return for Rich Hill, Josh Reddick
- Dick Allen Is a Rich Tapestry of Human Emotions
- Name That Pitcher: Present Rich Hill or Peak Max Scherzer?
As I begin writing this post, the three most-searched names in the FanGraphs search bar are Jake Arrieta, Rich Hill, and Clayton Kershaw, or, the three greatest pitchers in baseball.
I kid. Mostly
- NERD Game Scores: Rich Hill Simultaneous Return and Debut
to depart because of a troublesome blister, left-hander Rich Hill hasn't produced an actual start-start since July 7th, when he recorded 10 strikeouts in six innings against the Astros in Houston. Tonight
- Pitcher STUFF Ratings or, It's Too Bad Rich Harden Couldn't Stay Healthy
between 3.4 and 9.7. The following list presents the top 15 career STUFF pitchers since 2007.
1. Rich Harden 9.7. If you're having trouble remembering just how filthy Harden could be, visit his
- Watch Live, Today, as Jayson Werth Gets Silly Rich