- Young Ryan Braun
Young Ryan Braun isn't smiling because "intent with Buick-like seriousness" are his factory settings.
Young Ryan Braun doesn't like posed senior portraits.
Young Ryan Braun doesn't like
- O! Ryan Braun!
Despite being the sixth most valuable position player in the National League (per WAR) this year, the third most outfielder, and, easily, the most valuable left-fielder, Ryan Braun is only starting
- The Case for Ryan Braun
The race between Ryan Braun and Matt Kemp for National League MVP is so very close. Most analysts lean toward Kemp: he played 11 more games, hit six more home runs, stole seven more bases and ended
- Ryan Braun, Upside and Average
Ryan Braun is one of the first outfielders to go in nearly every mock draft so far this year. With two solid seasons of production under his belt, Braun has an ADP of nine according to the latest
- Ryan Braun's Power
As a 26-year-old slugger signed through the 2015 season for a total of $40 million, Milwaukee Brewers left fielder Ryan Braun is one of the most valuable assets in the game. The former Miami
- Will There Be Another Ryan Braun?
be less willing to find room for an extremely bad defender. Which brings us to the case of Ryan Braun in 2007.
The last year of the other Ryan Braun's major-league career was the first year of this Ryan
- Ryan Braun and Infield Hits
, and Carl Crawford aren’t unexpected whatsoever. The sight of Ryan Braun, however, had me taken aback when really it shouldn’t have.
Braun is of course a former third baseman moved to the outfield who
- Replacing Ryan Braun
The weekend produced one of the most surprising and most controversial stories of the past decade in baseball. Ryan Braun tested positive for increased testosterone levels in a random drug test
- Ryan Braun and Confirmation Bias
belief in his own prior opinion.
Since the news came out about Ryan Braun's overturned suspension, the internet seems to be full of loud angry fans. People who "know" that Ryan Braun used steroids
- Brewers Extend Ryan Braun
The news this afternoon broke seemingly out of nowhere. Ryan Braun had just signed a five-year, $105 million extension that locks him in through the 2020 season. If it feels as though we just
- Ryan Braun Leads The Majors in Confidence...
PHOENIX -- Ryan Braun lashed out today at MLB's new confidence testing program, insisting that his positive result for confidence was tainted by the anti-semitic Cubs fan urine collector who
- Ryan Braun Suspended For Rest of Season
Well, the first shoe in the BioGenesis case has fallen. Faced with the possibility of having the issue continue to linger into 2014, Ryan Braun has agreed to a deal with MLB, and will be suspended
- Video: Laugh and Cry with Ryan Braun
Commentary: The ghost of Reggie Miller, who everyone knows died in 2003, is haunting Ryan Braun/got pretty decent seats for a ghost.
Commentary: Ryan Braun developed an inner-ear
- Ryan Braun: ottoneu Trade Target
Fantasy owners across the internet were likely cursing at their monitors as they cut loose Ryan Braun this afternoon. Owners in re-draft leagues made the cut already; those in keeper leagues may have
- Photo: Ryan Braun Crime Scene
Ryan Braun will be buried in an Ed Hardy t-shirt, reports suggest.
There's a conversation to be had regarding the role of the beat reporter in the Electronic Age. There's also a conversation
- Spotted: Ryan Braun with Carla Bruni
heiress who is also a former supermodel."
Milwaukee Brewer outfielder Ryan Braun, known to be a great admirer of Austen's work, clearly agrees, as indicated by this totally undoctored image (courtesy
- The Many Faces of Ryan Braun, Artist
work speak for itself, as every artist should.'' - Ryan Braun, to USA Today's Bob Nightengale
I can’t help admiring the kind of chutzpah it takes to essentially place yourself among the greats
- Rebounding Ungracefully From Ryan Braun
University of Miami Braun jersey smoulders in the fireplace. Scribbled sharpie covers my caricatured Braun tramp stamp. My children Ryan and Joseph bang on the front door begging to be let in and fed
- Q&A: Ryan Braun and Rickie Weeks
hitters think exactly alike, so in this week’s Q&A we’ll hear from a pair of Brewers teammates -- and National League All-Stars -- Ryan Braun and Rickie Weeks.
Editor’s Note: The duo answered the same
- Ryan Braun Would Like Another
Walker, neat.Black Label if you have it.
I can't even get a second look from that blond over there. It's lunch time! I'm Ryan Braun! I hit a homerun yesterday. It was pretty cool. So it's like come
- Ryan Braun's Testosterone Levels Explained
- Ryan Braun and Prince Fielder: Baseball Friends!
Reader Adam (and also my former roommate Pete) have been so kind as to tip me off to this excellent cartoon featuring Ryan Braun and Prince Fielder spending a night together on the Miller Park grass
- The Ryan Braun/Zack Greinke Clubhouse Dynamic
and Brewers superstar Ryan Braun. Both of these players have remarkable personalities, and they aren't exactly kindred spirits. If they are peas, they certainly live in separate pods, if you
- Ryan Braun has the ability to hit for average and...
Editor's Note: The full original title broke FanGraphs (congrats Robert!), here it is in its entirety: Ryan Braun has the ability to hit for average and significant power and his fluid swing
- Ryan Braun's Constantly Improving Plate Discipline
Some idle Holiday Internetting has compelled the author of this piece to point his web browser in the direction of National League MVP Ryan Braun's player profile, which in turn has compelled
- Exclusive: Ryan Braun PED Scandal Outrage Meter
, in the wake of Ryan Braun's admission of guilt and subsequent punishment, is that the Outrage Meter has reached Dangerous Levels of Danger.
- Has Your View Of Ryan Braun Changed?
On Saturday night, news broke that Ryan Braun failed a drug test during the playoffs, and unless he becomes the first player to successfully win an appeal, he'll be suspended for the first 50 games
- Is Ryan Braun's Extension Worse Than Howard's?
the Ryan Braun extension, which borrows some from each of the first two moves. Like Tulowitzki, the Brewers chose to sign Braun through 2020, despite the fact that he was already under contract
- Ryan Braun Case: PED Attitudes Changing?
A week after the arbitration ruling in favor of Ryan Braun, the controversy over the arbitrator's ruling shows no sign of abating. Eno Sarris did a good job of explaining why the decision did nothing
- A Brief Interview With 2011 NL MVP Ryan Braun
In what was perhaps a moderately surprising result, Milwaukee Brewers left fielder Ryan Braun beat out Los Angeles Dodgers center fielder Matt Kemp by a comfortable 56 point margin. The award
- Mock Battle: Ryan Braun vs Michael Brantley
with my first two picks, I found myself in just such a predicament. I wanted an outfielder, and Michael Brantley and Ryan Braun were clearly the best of the remaining. Given their respective ages
- Ryan Braun: A King Even Without His Prince
It was just a year ago at this time that Ryan Braun’s name was starting to be whispered in connection to a failed PED test sometime at the end of the 2011 season. We all know how it shook out. Braun
- Redeeming Ryan Braun: Positive Test Overturned
Score one for those who reserved judgment: Ryan Braun has seen his positive test overturned by the independent panel headed by arbiter Shyam Das.
Braun put out a statement that this was a "first
- Ryan Braun's Three Homer Game, In Perspective
slugger Ryan Braun had other ideas.
Braun's first plate appearance of the game came in the first inning. With a runner on first and one out, Braun flew out to center field. He next came to the plate
- I Took Ryan Braun in the Dynasty Mock
today, is that I took Ryan Braun with my second-round pick in this dynasty league mock.
First: this was not a move that I would couch. I didn't pick Braun because this was a mock draft
- Extending Shaun Marcum
consisting of Ryan Braun, Rickie Weeks, Corey Hart, Yovani Gallardo, Greinke and Marcum. It may be in their best interest to go with a one-year deal, as it allows them to cut bait if Marcum gets hurt
- FAN Projection Targets: AL West Second Basemen
under his belt. He also has more Fan Projections submitted than pretty much everyone except Ryan Braun - and these projections are optimistic. In limited action last year, he posted a strong .340
- Stanton's Possible Extension
The Marlins will likely counter by pointing out the recent long term deals signed by other young outfielders - Ryan Braun took 8/45 after his rookie season, while Jay Bruce, Justin Upton, and Andrew
- Braun the Sophomore
After receiving a late May call to the bigs last year, Brewers 3B Ryan Braun went on an absolute tear, taking home Rookie of the Year hardware in the process. 112 games into his second season
- Raw, Raw Audio: Ryan Braun Batting Practice Explosion
When the BBWAA admitted the present author to its ranks, what they likely had in mind is that he'd produce high-quality content like that which follows -- namely, a 20-second audio clip of Ryan Braun
- REPORT: MLB's Ryan Braun to Suspend from A Rod
- Image: Ryan Braun Celebrates Thing Somebody Else Did
More important, though, was Ryan Braun's celebration of the play, pictured below.
(Click to embiggen, of course)
Again, this picture is but another reason to watch the video linked above
- Chain Reaction: What Happens When Ryan Braun Gets Cut
After the Ryan Braun suspension was announced, the most common question I got from ottoneu players was what to do with their $45, $50 or even $60 shares in Braun. No value left this year, but what
- Daily Notes: Actual Quotes from the Actual Ryan Braun
Table of Contents
Here's the table of contents for today's edition of the Daily Notes.
1. Actual Quotes from the Actual Ryan Braun
2. Status Update: All the Caribbean Leagues
- Ryan Braun and Type I vs. Type II Error
I’ll echo Dave Cameron and start by saying I do not know if Ryan Braun cheated. What we do know is that he will not be facing a suspension based on his October 2011 drug test. The independent
- Braun Cleared - Fantasy Ramifications
Ryan Braun will not have to serve a 50 day suspension for performance enhancing drugs. While many ramifications may come from this ruling, I will get to the meat of the matter. How does the ruling
- Braun Taking Plenty of BB's
From the moment Milwaukee's Ryan Braun stepped in a major league batter's box, he's mashed. The 25 year-old holds a career .304/.363/.586 line, with a .402 wOBA. While that whole...third base thing
- Life Lessons with the 2012 Milwaukee Brewers, Part 1: Ryan Braun
Ryan Braun is in the news for all kinds of naughty things he did and put into himself in order to be a better, more productive, healthier baseball player. Ultimately, I’m glad that he’s being
- Braun Improving As Franchise Player
A few weeks ago, I took Ryan Braun with the 10th pick in FanGraphs franchise player draft. Truth be told, I was set to pick Miguel Cabrera before Niv Shah grabbed him with the pick right before mine
- The Brewers' Outfield: Brawn and Braun
, and close to a sure thing as far as production. Ryan Braun, on the other hand, seems to have gone in the opposite direction. Much of the Brewers' value in the outfield will be based on whether Braun can
- An Introduction to GRIT
- Braun's Explanation on Biogenesis Is Entirely Plausible
the name of Brewers left fielder Ryan Braun. Last week, the New Times of Miami reported that Biogenesis and its founder Anthony Bosch had allegedly provided performance-enhancing drugs to other MLB players
- Braun Finds Power To All Fields
After the 2010 season, it wasn't clear Ryan Braun would become the elite power hitter suggested by his explosive 34-homer, .634 SLG, .310 ISO debut season. Every season after he came
- Totally Unaltered Tweet: Roenicke Declares Support for Braun
The following tweet, which concerns a real and not fake statement made by Brewers manager Ron Roenicke with regard to outfielder Ryan Braun, is entirely and in-no-way altered from the original (click
- After Braun Suspension, Many Questions Still Unanswered
Major League Baseball suspended Ryan Braun for the remainder of the season on Monday for "violations of the Basic Agreement and its Joint Drug Prevention and Treatment Program," according to a press
- Which Fielder and Braun Will Show Up in 2011?
agent Prince Fielder show that the Brewers are all in for 2011. Whether that gamble will pay off in a World Series title depends largely on which versions of Fielder and Ryan Braun The Brewers next
- Weekend Wrap: Chen/Blackley Morph, Braun, Pagan
Here I go again, doting on some things from the weekend:
1. GIF-Morph: Travis Blackley & Wei-Yin Chen
2. Ryan Braun Gives Up
3. Ángel Pagán Makes Great Catch on Ball Thrown Back by Fan?
- The Unique Power-Speed Combos of Braun, Pence and Jones
-- Ryan Braun, Adam Jones and Hunter Pence find themselves in a class of their own.
Although most fans should be somewhat aware of the speed of this trio, their star power -- as with most hitters
- Biogenesis Arbitrage: What's Braun Without the Juice?
We can now say, with confidence and the backing of legal proceedings and pronouncements, that Ryan Braun did steroids. Those in yearly leagues have all said their curses dropped him -- a good
- Unlucky R-Ho
will probably come back to earth and those that were unlucky are due to breakout. This can be very helpful when deciding to draft one player or another. The first player in the series is Ryan Howard
- The Lucky Riot
formulate a new version of xBABIP that takes into account a number of components of the hitter and models the way their BIP should be converted to outs/hits.
Last year Ryan Theriot had his best season
- The Most Predictable Hitters of 2013
- Oblique Injuries in MLB
Longoria, Jason Bay, J.A. Happ, Curtis Granderson, Brian Wilson, Jair Jurrjens, and Ryan Zimmerman are some of the players who were slowed by oblique injuries in 2011, with Zimmerman drastically altering
- Open-Market Value — The Free Agent Team
such as Bartolo Colon, Brandon McCarthy, Jhonny Peralta and Ryan Vogelsong. Instead, Mr. Dave Cameron, in his infinite generosity, has given me a budget of $80 million FanGraphs Pesos to piece together a free
- An Alternative to Pujols in St.Louis
Furcal or to bring in a capable alternative, and Cards fans would probably be looking at a lot of Ryan Theriot (+0.6 WAR over the last two seasons) or a low-cost free agent at short.
As luck would
- Arizona Fall League - Arms to Watch
- The Evolution of K-Rod
- Motte, Feliz Continue Tradition
- The Brandon McCarthy Saga - Part One
- The Brandon McCarthy Saga - Part Two
- Edwin Jackson Is In Love With His Slider
- How Will Prince Fielder Age?
- Dan Duquette as GM: The Pitching Staff
- Don't Sleep on the Angels
- Red Sox Bring In Jesse Carlson
- Yu Darvish's Landing Spot
- Joe Saunders: A Fit for the New-Look Marlins?
- The Post-Injury Jeff Francis and DIPS
- Who Is Your $100 Million Pitcher?
- Yadier Molina's Potential Payday and Catcher Aging
- Brett Cecil's Descent?
- Starlin Castro Is Good at Baseball
- Will Elvis Andrus Make a Fantasy Impact Next Year?
- Derek Lowe the Brave
- Unlucky Beltre
- Trevor Hoffman on the Move
- Figgins Got Lucky?
- Khalil Greene: Worse than Unlucky in 2008
- Is Magglio Done?
- What Shakes out in the Rays Bullpen?
- Matt Wieters This Year
- Who is the Real RBI Leader for 2012?
- Norichika Aoki & Ryan Cook: Waiver Wire
Aoki turned 30 years old earlier this year, but technically he's a rookie after coming over from Japan. He opened the season as a reserve player with Ryan Braun, Corey Hart, and Carlos Gomez
- Shane Victorino Is Better Than Ryan Howard
, Ryan Braun, Ichiro Suzuki, Jayson Werth, Carl Crawford, Carlos Beltran.
First baseman with more WAR than Howard, 2006-2011: Albert Pujols, Miguel Cabrera, Mark Teixeira, Kevin Youkilis, Adrian