- Scott Baker's Season
After last night's six-inning, five run beat down at the hand of the Toronto Blue Jays, Minnesota Twins righty Scott Baker holds an unimpressive 4.87 ERA. He's also got a sub-.500 record, winning
- A 2nd Breakout for Scott Baker?
On the surface, Scott Baker is having his typical season. With a 4.12 ERA and a 1.32 WHIP, compared to his career marks of 4.31 and 1.28, respectively, he has performed pretty much in line
- Cubs Sign Scott Baker
Stop the presses! Theo Epstein and Jed Hoyer have signed a good player with durability questions to a one year contract. This time, their reclamation project is Scott Baker, who underwent Tommy John
- Waiver Wire: Appreciating Scott Baker
About a month ago my Rotographs colleague, the excellent Mike Podhorzer, wrote a piece that wondered if Scott Baker was having the second breakout season of his career. Mike sang Baker’s praises
- Twins Lose Scott Baker To Another Flexor Strain
The Twins announced Wednesday that their top starter, Scott Baker, would miss the rest of the season after upcoming surgery to clear scar tissue from his right flexor pronator tendon. While
- Scott Baker and J.T. Realmuto: Deep League Wire
in NL-only leagues. As a reminder, I use CBS for the ownership percentages.
Scott Baker / SP / Los Angeles Dodgers / 2%
Brandon McCarthy is done for the year thanks to a torn UCL
- Scott Baker: Most Underrated Hurler in the Bigs?
Walker one -- so keep that in mind as you read.
Nonetheless, each and every time I look at Scott Baker’s marks -- last year especially but even his career digits -- I get the increasing notion
- Twins Lock up Baker
Right about the same time that Jon Lester got his recent deal from the Red Sox, Scott Baker signed a four year, $15.25 million extension with a $9.25 million team option for a fifth year. Like Lester
- Cubs Add Baker, Search for Butcher and Candlestick-Maker
Despite apparent mutual interest in a return engagement at Target Field, Scott Baker has parted company with the Twins and will head six hours southeast on I-90/94 through the vast, untrodden wilds
- Baker Undergoes Surprise Tommy John Surgery
Right-hander Scott Baker was set to undergo surgery on his elbow for a cleanup of his flexor pronator tendon earlier this week. Any elbow surgeries can result in complications for a big league
- Giants Shouldn't Overspend on Headley
- Boston Should Turn Joe Kelly Into the Next Zach Britton
- Seth Smith Would Be Great Fit for Mariners
- Alex Wood Poised to Be NL Version of Chris Sale
- Headley, Ludwick, Hafner, Baker, Santana: DLWW
final season, so I could see the team give him plenty of playing time to accumulate RBIs and Runs.
Scott Baker (elbow – 20% owned) – Baker has never been a flashy pitcher, but he is safest bet
- Tomlin, Peralta, Baker, Sanchez, Santana: DLWW
of save opportunities.
Watch the headlines for news of Farnsworth returning to his closer role. Until then, enjoy the few saves that can be squeezed out of Peralta.
Scott Baker (Elbow - 19.0
- Roenis Elias: Seattle's Latest Youth Movement Gamble
and Taijuan Walker on the shelf to open the season, and veteran reclamation project Scott Baker pitching so poorly in March that the Mariners released him, the left-handed Elias finds himself making
- 2015 Second Base Tier Rankings: June
you were dead, Snake…” joke.
Snake’s insane battle to the death against legendary pro wrestler Ox Baker.
If the guys in the second tier keep up their high-level performance, Altuve will no longer
- Is the End Near for Scott Rolen?
Scott Rolen found himself riding pine for the second consecutive day yesterday and the narrative out there is that Dusty Baker thinks he is playing through a sore shoulder, so he's simply making
- Scott Strandberg's Bold Predictions For 2014
- Scott Strandberg's Bold Predictions for 2015
- Scott’s Miscellany – Reliever Rest
- Scott’s Miscellany – Chris Bassitt’s Differential
with at least 500 pitches thrown in both 2014 and 2015.
Differential Increase (mph)
- Scott’s Miscellany – Quality of Pitchers Faced
Kershaw is way out by his lonesome but is eventually followed by Corey Kluber, Jake Arrieta
- Scott’s Miscellany – League-Neutral FIP
Penalized Pitchers, 2015
- Scott’s Miscellany – Players Approaching Career Highs
. As Scott Strandberg noted, Forsythe looks entrenched as the team’s everyday second baseman despite Nick Franklin’s health, which makes him a solid middle infield option in standard formats.
- Scott’s Miscellany – Home Run Calls and Puts
has 57 home runs at home versus 42 on the road, but any potential power loss for him will be mitigated by his contributions in the other categories.
Scott Kazmir – Kazmir has been a perfect fit
- Scott Spratt’s 10 Bold Predictions for 2014
a perennial MVP candidate.
2. Scott Kazmir will finish in the top five in ERA among qualified AL starters.
I’m not sure if this qualifies as a trend with a two-year sabbatical
- Scott Strandberg's Ten Bold Predictions for 2016
Maeda is an unknown quantity, and even though I rarely put much stock into spring performance, so far Scott Kazmir looks about as imposing as a proud uncle serving up Wiffleballs right down the middle
- Reviewing Scott Strandberg's 2014 Bold Predictions
- Scott Spratt’s 10 Bold Predictions for 2015
- Scott’s Miscellany – Fast Fastball and RISP Leaderboards
- Scott’s Miscellany – Stolen Base Opportunities
- Scott’s Miscellany – Shift Candidates by Oppo%
- Scott’s Miscellany – Enrique Burgos Speculation
- Scott’s Miscellany – The Start After a No-Hitter
- Mid-Season Review of Scott Strandberg's Bold Predictions
- Scott’s Miscellany – The Other Best Rotation in Baseball
- Scott’s Miscellany – Nolan Arenado Is In Good Company
- Scott’s Miscellany – More on High-Stress Pitches
- Reviewing Scott Strandberg's 2015 Bold Predictions
- Scott Spratt’s 10 Bold Predictions for 2016
- Reviewing Scott Strandberg's 2016 Bold Predictions
- Cubs Sign Scott Feldman, Land Another Bargain
and getting a team option for a second season as well, increasing Maholm's trade value in the event that he proved healthy and had a solid campaign. Two weeks ago, they signed Scott Baker to a one year
- Reviewing Scott Spratt’s 10 Bold Predictions for 2014
free agency hits in 2016. 0/1
2. Scott Kazmir will finish in the top five in ERA among qualified AL starters.
Kazmir ended up with the 21st best ERA in the AL, but this looked
- Scott’s Miscellany – Early Defensive Numbers and their Fantasy Implications
- Scott’s Miscellany – DL and Call-Up Player Pace Comparisons
- Scott’s Miscellany – Julio Teheran May Have Found It Again
- Scott’s Miscellany – Matt Harvey and High-Stress Pitches
- Reviewing Scott Spratt’s 10 Bold Predictions for 2015
- Reviewing Scott Spratt’s 10 Bold Predictions for 2016
- Dusty Baker Is Not a Bad Hire
Williams with Dusty Baker. For the organization, it's something of an embarrassing turn, not because they ended up with Baker, but because they acted too cheaply to get their first choice. But, whatever
- More Than Balderdash on Baker
While taking part in some Mother Day festivities, I was fortunate enough to catch most of the Chicago Cubs and Cincinnati Reds contest. This so happens to be a pairing of Dusty Baker’s two most
- Don't Blame This on Dusty Baker
It's safe to say that Dusty Baker is not exactly the most progressive manager in baseball. Baker has always been an old school guy, and relative to what is becoming the new normal, he's definitely
- Scott’s Miscellany – How Much Better Would Wade Miley Be with Hanley at First?
- Dusty Baker and Pitch Counts
Over the first week of my new blog, I've made a number of posts about Dusty Baker's handling of Reds pitchers. I suggested that I thought Baker has done a better job of managing the workload
- Dusty Baker is a Fan of Mismatches
Dusty Baker threw the American League champions yesterday. The Rays christening of their new spring home didn’t quite go to plan. Joe Maddon followed the aforementioned tradition, running out
- Jeff Baker: Starting Second Baseman
for about 150 different places around the web. We think he's going to be a great fit here at FanGraphs.
On June 17, 2010, Jeff Baker cracked a Dallas Braden changeup so hard it dangled in the Chicago
- Cubs Sign Scott Hairston, Edge Closer to Hopeful Season
All told, Hairston and his surprise suitors together make an increasingly interesting team, rich both in flaws and talents. With Hairston and a few other Scotts -- Scott Baker, Scott Feldman, Kyuji
- The Daily Grind: Ross, Shoemaker, Baker
Daily DFS - Ross, Wilson
GB / FB Splits
Tomorrow's Targets - Shoemaker, Martinez, Baker, Spangenberg
1. Daily DFS - Ross, Wilson
- A GIF and a Tune: Rajai Davis and Chet Baker
In the second installment of A GIF and a Tune, we watch Rajai Davis float along to the smoother-than-velvet-underpants stylings of Chet Baker.